The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 02:02 AM   #76
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
Re: The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread

its interesting you mentioned kennedy because i think it has something to do with how obama delivers his speeches...most of the time, they are good lol...and relating it to kennedy, we cant forget his infamous line "ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."...perhaps obama's speeches will have the same type of effect in the future >.>

but if she is going to endorse obama then its pretty much putting everything aside and supporting him for this time around >.>...so the stubbornness isnt really there now lol...but then again there could be a number of reasons why she would want to endorse him after losing lol

Old 06-05-2008, 02:10 AM   #77
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

hmmm you now the saying there is no wrath greater than a scorn woman? and about the kennedy and the future speeches from obama i dont really see them having the same impact as they did back in 1965.

His speeches had more meaning to the people back then in the 60s. Than they would us now a days. But we dont know what the election holds until november so lets get out and vote for what side we support.

The Look of Innocence
Old 06-05-2008, 03:16 AM   #78
OG
[잊지 말아요]

OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

im a woman, id know >.>....but i dont think that applies to hillary here...well it wouldnt be a wise decision anyways lol

but i think we both know the US in its current state...is not good....a good speech to motivate americans can be exactly what we need to get things going again...or at least start it up again >.>

ud be surprised at how far a good speech can get...<.<

but err enough with analyzing speeches, back to the race itself XD
Old 06-05-2008, 03:20 AM   #79
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

you can tell were i stand on these race im going republican on this one. I just dont feel that obama has the guts to stand his ground against any possible global crisis that may present itself.

i dont think there are any more good presidents in the last 20 years since the end of the cold war all our the great presidents have gone the way of the dodo. there extinct.

The Look of Innocence
Old 06-05-2008, 03:32 AM   #80
OG
[잊지 말아요]

you can say where u stand already? theres still plenty of info u have yet to learn about the candidates though.....

oh and people are worried mccain cant...stand physically later on lol XD...cause u know, he is old...some people fear he may die before his term is over despite his good health at the moment >.>

well i guess thats just a difference in opinion then
Old 06-05-2008, 03:37 AM   #81
Hiraku
Puppet Master

heck that only proves one thing the man has capability to live and he has good game. Check out his track record survived being held captive in vietnam for like 7 years. Check out the man wife better looking arm candy then what obama has.

Hehe just getting some laughs on the last comment.

well how much whiter can his hair get if come into office just look at bush how old he looks now and how many times he has fallen on his face and he's a major clutz and hes still alive.

i think senator mccain can live for 4 more years.

The Look of Innocence
Old 06-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #82
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiraku View Post
you can tell were i stand on these race im going republican on this one. I just dont feel that obama has the guts to stand his ground against any possible global crisis that may present itself.

i dont think there are any more good presidents in the last 20 years since the end of the cold war all our the great presidents have gone the way of the dodo. there extinct.
The last good president we had was George Washington. Maybe even Thomas Jefferson. The bottom line is that it isn't the governments job to be worrying about all the global crisis. That is our job as people. Stop handing over your power to the tyrants that are our political leaders!

- Heraclitus
Old 06-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #83
Narutodude444
Academy Student

Narutodude444 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't really like any of them.
Hilary is a demon sent to earth.
Obama, i'm not saying hes muslim cus he isn't, but a quote from his book is: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'
He also said:"I've now been in 57 states; I think one left to go."
is this the flag he's thinking of?

Last edited by Narutodude444; 06-16-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:50 AM   #84
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Mashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutodude444 View Post
I don't really like any of them.
Hilary is a demon sent to earth.
McCain is too old.
Obama, i'm not saying hes muslim cus he isn't, but a quote from his book is: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'
He also said:"I've now been in 57 states; I think one left to go."
is this the flag he's thinking of?
Holy shit, dismissing a candidate for something as superficial as "he's too old" is just beyond me.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #85
Narutodude444
Academy Student

Narutodude444 is an unknown quantity at this point

i didn't mean it like that. i just meant that if McCain was elected, people would start attacking his age. i would go with him if i had to choose.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #86
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

Actually age is a fairly big concern. The man is not in the best of health and he's older too. Being the President is one of the most harrowing and aging jobs you can go through. Heck, just look at Bush from when he got elected back in 2000 and now look at him. Even after just two years he seemed older and had loads of gray hair.

So what's this mean if he already IS old? It means he could die in office. How fantastic would that be?

But besides his age, there are many other reasons not to vote for McCain this year. For one thing, he WILL DO exactly what Bush has been doing for 8 years. There will be no change in the administration and it'd just be inviting disaster. Are you happier now compared to 8 years ago?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
Old 06-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #87
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek View Post
Actually age is a fairly big concern. The man is not in the best of health and he's older too. Being the President is one of the most harrowing and aging jobs you can go through. Heck, just look at Bush from when he got elected back in 2000 and now look at him. Even after just two years he seemed older and had loads of gray hair.

So what's this mean if he already IS old? It means he could die in office. How fantastic would that be?

But besides his age, there are many other reasons not to vote for McCain this year. For one thing, he WILL DO exactly what Bush has been doing for 8 years. There will be no change in the administration and it'd just be inviting disaster. Are you happier now compared to 8 years ago?
...and then Ron Paul can't run in the next election...

- Heraclitus
Old 07-10-2008, 12:14 AM   #88
dirk667
Claymore Addict

dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of

I always found it interesting where Obama stated how "america is a great country" then a few minutes later in the same speach he said "i want to change America!" if its so great, whats to change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I give up, dirk beats in all forms of life
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
Old 07-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #89
neji4hokage220
Chuunin

neji4hokage220 is an unknown quantity at this point

without having read any of these comments i wanan say jsut one thing.. the american political system is very flawed. With their 2 party system there will always be a leader who believes i ndemocracy in power. With many people now trun to more liberal parties and idea, dont you think it we should develop a 3 party system like most european countries, with a right center and left wing parties, so that it is truly the peoples choice as to which party they want in power.

Now adays people only ahve a choice of right or right, which is not equal because no other party has a chance of takin office. And even if the ydid, you you really think the government would allow a left wing party to be in office? No, because its the government who ruibned the name of the left wing from the start.

Anti Sasuke FC and Akatsuki FC
Old 07-17-2008, 01:32 AM   #90
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
I always found it interesting where Obama stated how "america is a great country" then a few minutes later in the same speach he said "i want to change America!" if its so great, whats to change?
Just because something is great doesn't mean it isn't flawed at all. Obama wants to hammer out those flaws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neji4hokage220 View Post
without having read any of these comments i wanan say jsut one thing.. the american political system is very flawed. With their 2 party system there will always be a leader who believes i ndemocracy in power. With many people now trun to more liberal parties and idea, dont you think it we should develop a 3 party system like most european countries, with a right center and left wing parties, so that it is truly the peoples choice as to which party they want in power.
Actually, there are more than two parties. Thing is, they don't have enough funding to have huge campaigns like the Democrats and Republicans, but there's the Independent party, Green party, etcetera. They can get enough funding if they get enough votes during the presidential race, even if they don't win. They just need a certain percentage.

Anywhozit, onto my opinion: I think America's screwed either way. Obama isn't experienced enough to be president and McCain is old and probably crazy. Sure, it's entirely possible that one or the other will be a great president, I'm just saying it isn't very likely.

Closed Thread