The Anime/Manga Pairings FC - Page 53 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Fanclub Central > Official Fanclubs

Official Fanclubs View the official fanclubs of the forums and join them if you wish.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #781
HinataFanX
Chuunin

HinataFanX will become famous soon enoughHinataFanX will become famous soon enough
Re: Naruto Pairings FC

Well, to answer your question, no it isn't a crime to like Hinata, but it is to think she goes better with Kiba.

FCs I'm In:

HinataFanX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 11:44 AM   #782
nagato27
Chuunin

nagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura about

No, it's NOT wrong to like Hinata nor is it wrong to think that she would go better with Kiba...it's there is no development whatsoever is manga,anime or otherwise to support it...and if you want the truth of the matter there is LITTLE development to support the idea of NaruHina, as the arc which focused on that some was chuuin exams arc and that was mainly from hinata's point of view...though with Naruto being as clueless as he is(points to the shippuuden movie for reference) there is no way he would know or could tell that hinata has liked him the way she has from the moment she was introduced in the story.

Who the HELL do you think We ARE???!!!(Dai Gurren Brigade- Gurren Lagann)

Where the leaves fall...Fire will burn. That is the WILL of FIRE in Konoha.

Member of Anime/Manga Pairings Fanclub
Member of Final Fantasy FC
Member of Team 07 Fan Club
nagato27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #783
Relentless
Chuunin

Relentless will become famous soon enoughRelentless will become famous soon enoughRelentless will become famous soon enough

Yamato deffo dropped a big hint for NaruSaku

赤いドラゴン
.::'~ JMan : You were the greatest and will be missed ~'::.

http://tt-rage.mybrute.com
Relentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:03 PM   #784
ralatone
Chuunin

ralatone is on a distinguished road

Yeah, but after that there has been basically nothing... It's like Kishi wants to just tease and not actually develop some of these relationships. Same goes with Hinata when her team was teamed up with Naruto's.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:21 AM   #785
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough

Not nothing then you had Naruto admitting that he liked being healed by Sakura (and then making it less significant in the same sentence)

And then you had the famous Ramen Bar incident . . . (Its nice to review all these sometimes)

but yeah - continued teases . . .

but more teasing than any other relationship

Member of the Super Smash Bro's Brawl Club
Highspeed0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:49 AM   #786
jessicagoble
Academy Student

jessicagoble is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highspeed0516 View Post
Nope - Kiba Hina is a good pairing whcih seems to be growing on me. I've even had a request to do a story about them - and i might be doing it soon.

I haven't got to your fanfics yet, but I really really like your music videos. Very good job with them. I faved the Bleeding Love one and The Pocket Full of Sunshine. Those two songs just scream NaruSaku in my mind, and you did great with the timinig and clips used.

You use a lot of opening sequence footage though I noticed . . . that seems to make your style kind of interesting. I'd love to see what you could do with more RAW then subbed footage though . . .
Thanks so much!!! i'm glad you liked them. I DO tend to use a lot of opening, i try not to go over 30 seconds, but sometimes i can't help myself . If i could find a good site with raw clips, i'd be on that like white on rice. But hey, thanks for having my back on this whole NaruHina/NaruSaku battle, them NaruHina fans are brutal.

For my works... Click "Show"

For more of my FCs, click "Show"

1st Hitsugaya FC

jessicagoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #787
ralatone
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highspeed0516 View Post
Not nothing then you had Naruto admitting that he liked being healed by Sakura (and then making it less significant in the same sentence)

And then you had the famous Ramen Bar incident . . . (Its nice to review all these sometimes)

but yeah - continued teases . . .

but more teasing than any other relationship
Yeah, I know that happend after, but I'm aiming more towards the fact that the Sakura Yamato scene was the last to actually have the characters mention anything about their feelings for one another.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #788
HinataFanX
Chuunin

HinataFanX will become famous soon enoughHinataFanX will become famous soon enough

Yeah, but consider the source. Yamato knows nothing about their past at all, knows nothing about either's relationship with Sasuke, doesn't, or didn't, even know who Hinata was, and hadn't even been around them for but a week. Meanwhile, there have been at least one more outside source telling Naruto how Hinata feels/dropping hints without trying. One is Kurenai, and the other is Sakura, both during her bout with Neji. Well, Kurenai was actually before during the ointment scene, but anyway, that isn't all that surprising considering anyone with half a brain could tell Hinata likes him, which is probably why he doesn't realize it. Yes, that was a "Naruto's stupid" joke.

As for the ramen scene, I believe that was more comedic effect than anything else. You knwo that tease thing Kishi does, well, he kind of did that, except the result wasn't meant as a tease, but instead comedy. He had Sakura offer to feed him just so Sai could come in and do it instead, i.e. comedy, and laughs for all.

The truth is unless he's going to make it like a soap opera, I thin he'd only show pairings at the end. You know, a sort of "Digimon season 2" last episode where you get to see their futures.

FCs I'm In:

HinataFanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #789
ralatone
Chuunin

But just like Naruto said you gotta read the atmosphere, and thats exactly what Yamato did after the 4 tail's incident. You dont need to know everything about two people to know that there may be something between the two of them. Also, Yamato probably does know the history of team 7, I'm sure most of village knows actually.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #790
jessicagoble
Academy Student

jessicagoble is an unknown quantity at this point

Despite the fact that Yamato is a bit out of the loop when it comes to Naruto and Sakura's history, anyone can tell that their relationship and the way Sakura feels for Naruto has changed. In part 1 she essentially treated him like crap, following after Sasuke like a lost puppy. But the girl got her heart broke.

Now in Shippuden, it's clearly obvious that she feels much differently about both of her past teammates. I can't really say whether Sakura has any hidden feelings for Sasuke anymore, but she's definately not so...fangirlish... about it... which might just stem from the point that she grew up, but then again... (Karin >_>)

Anybody with eyes can tell that Sakura cares alot more about Naruto than she did. What with the whole finding about his Kyuubi form, healing all of his wounds, and lying to him by telling him that Orochimaru was the one who hurt her. I mean, would she have honestly done that in part 1? maybe.... but i don't think so, atleast not before those monsterous filler arcs.

And let's remember when they were first reunited, there were definately sparks. What about Hinata's reunion with Naruto? The poor girl passed out as soon as she saw him. I mean, for real?

Also, is it just me, or does Hinata BARELY appear in the manga at all. I mean, even the fillers are giving her the cold shoulder. I haven't even SEEN her in the recent episodes where they've been showing other characters. I mean geez.

Ok, done making a point, ready for the onslaught of angry NaruHina fans.

For my works... Click "Show"

For more of my FCs, click "Show"

1st Hitsugaya FC

jessicagoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:37 AM   #791
Hiroshi
Academy Student

Hiroshi is an unknown quantity at this point

To me, it’s all but a question of SasuSaku versus NaruSaku. I have disregarded NaruHina ever since Part 2. Firstly, they’ve barely interacted for more than thirty minutes of their lifetime. Yes, I’m sure of that. When Hinata was first introduced, Naruto called her a “dark-haired weirdo who always seemed to be looking at [him].” So they’ve probably never talked. They did talk once before Naruto fought Neji. That’s it. After that, there was a series of arcs. Before Naruto left, they didn’t talk either. Hinata fainted before she could talk to him. Even in post-time skip, there was nothing except for Hinata fainting again. So no, Naruto will not “realize that he’s been in love with Hinata all along” because there is no “all along”. I don’t know about you, but I think that a relationship should be based on more than thirty minutes of interaction.

People think that Hinata has this big impact on Naruto’s life just because she was one of the first to acknowledge him. I for one believe that she didn’t give Naruto “true” acknowledgement, but rather, she admired him because she was able to relate to his being an underdog. This is why she never helped Naruto when he was down. She admired him because he could get back up on his own. Hinata wasn’t Naruto’s first “true” acknowledgement. Team 7 was. They were the first ones who openly acknowledged his existence. And that’s what truly mattered to him.

Hinata and Naruto don’t share the same pain either. Those two were both insulted for being losers, yes. It enrages Naruto – he works for recognition, too. But it wasn’t his most fundamental pain. Loneliness is his true pain. The pain of having nothing. He showed it to Gaara as he was crawling towards him on his chin in order to protect the people who saved him from the pain of loneliness (Iruka and Team 7).

The only two pains Hinata used to share with Naruto back then are gone now. The pain of being a loser and the pain of not being acknowledged. Is Naruto still a loser? Well, to Sasuke, maybe, but to everyone else? Nah, he even brags about maybe being stronger than Kakashi and Iruka this time. Does Naruto still need to be acknowledged? Hell no. He even felt sorry for Gaara because he had so many people who cared about him while Gaara didn’t.

Naruto’s new pains are the pain of losing Sasuke and the pain of being a Jinchuuriki. Hinata has never even mentioned anything about Sasuke and even less about the Kyuubi. Basically, Hinata lost her relevance to Naruto’s life. Everything she “could be” for Naruto, Sakura already is. She is just like Inari, Zabuza, Neji, Gaara, and Tsunade: people who were redeemed but aren’t main characters.

Wait a minute, so what was the point of her crush on Naruto? Just like Neji and Gaara’s admiration to Naruto. Just like Inari and Zabuza and just about everyone else that gets redeemed. Her admiration to Naruto (vowing to do her best, too) has caused her to fight against Neji and to believe in herself. Her theme was to show the readers that if you believe in yourself, you can be strong and become a whole new person. She has her own life and her own background story. Getting Naruto’s heart isn’t even one of her goals. She wants to get acknowledgement from the Hyuugas. She has been redeemed because of her admiration on Naruto; therefore, her crush isn’t really pointless even if she doesn’t end up with Naruto.

- Their relationship

No, their relationship doesn’t make me want to have them end up together, either. Where’s the fun in there? It’s so calm. It’s so comfortable. The only thing that the people are looking for is the blushing and the amorousness. Nope, sorry, not interested. Go watch a shoujo anime or something. You’ll get what you want. Of course, you can like it for the sweetness, but shounen mangas don’t usually center on sweetness and romance. That’s why most of the shounen couples are paired up for comic relief and such.

Now SasuxSaku

There’s still hope, I know. Sakura’s feelings are still undefined, and that is where all hopes of SasuSaku are pinned. With Sasuke making an attempt to kill Sakura in Chapter 308, taking away Sakura’s love for him would kill SasuSaku.

But I think that’s the only leg to stand on, really. Feelings which are undefined. Does Sakura still have romantic feelings for Sasuke even after 2 and half years without interaction? Or will those feelings completely diminish? In my opinion, it’s entirely possible that her romantic feelings for him have long gone. She now views Naruto and Sasuke as equals. She doesn’t really go “I’ll save Sasuke” anymore. It’s now, “This time, I’ll save you both”. Then we have this whole Chapter 297 thing. I’m not saying that her feelings really are long gone, but it’s possible.

- Their relationship

I think that a relationship with these two would also bore me. Here, we have a renowned cool guy, and on the other hand, we have a fiery, wild girl. Sasuke lacks this ability to be someone... silly. It would make him look rather odd. He’d hold Sakura back from ever being funny. Besides, Naruto already has that “silly guy” role.

Whenever Sasuke was around Sakura we always see Inner Sakura appear. She can’t act herself whenever Sasuke is around, because she always wants to impress him, which is precisely what degrades Sakura into an annoying Sasuke fangirl. We always see the worst of Sakura when she’s around Sasuke, but when she’s around Naruto, she seems to want to try her best to be strong. And it is precisely because of Naruto that Sakura became an awesome medic nin who could surpass Tsunade one day. Sasuke is like the winter that makes the flower shrivel up while Naruto is like spring which makes the flower bloom.

One last thing I hate about SasuSaku is the angst. I believe that angst isn’t love. Angst is depressing, cold, and self-centered. It fits better in a soap opera where nobody is happy.

Last edited by Hiroshi; 07-17-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:48 AM   #792
Hiroshi
Academy Student

Why, exactly, am I a NaruSaku fan? Because I believe that this pairing has undergone the most subtle and constant development throughout the series. It makes an excellent story.

At first it was just Naruto’s crush on Sakura, a girl who didn’t care about him in the least, and maybe even hated him. Sakura kept putting Naruto down and pining for Sasuke instead. Her opinion on Naruto was that he was a guy who didn’t understand her at all, and was just annoying. Although she hated him, we see in Episode 3 that Naruto is almost perfectly fit to be Sakura’s “dream Sasuke”, when he Henge-ed into Sasuke to get closer to Sakura. Sakura wanted Sasuke to complement her about her forehead, and Naruto-as-Sasuke did so in the exact words she wanted it. “You sure have a large, charming forehead. Makes me want to kiss it...”

At the same time, this is the scene wherein Naruto realized just why he liked Sakura so much. When Sakura uttered the words “All I want... is for you to acknowledge me,” he saw kindred spirits in them. They were two people who would do everything in their power for acknowledgement. Sakura, on the other hand, saw warmth in Sasuke because...he was actually Naruto. In a way, she fell deeper for Sasuke because of Naruto. Later on, the real Sasuke appeared and, much like Sakura to Naruto, insulted her and made her shrivel up. To me, this symbolizes why I am against SasuSaku. I already gave my judgement bout SasuSaku on my previous post

While Sakura hated Naruto in the beginning, there had been a lot of instances wherein she was starting to care for Naruto a lot.

When Kakashi got trapped in Zabuza’s water bubble and Naruto and Sasuke were the only ones left to rescue their teacher, Zabuza removed Naruto’s forehead protector. When Naruto got it back, Sakura was blushing fiercely saying “What’s this feeling...? Naruto is so...”

During the chuunin exams part 1 (the written tests), when the tenth question came up, she was faced with the possibility of Naruto failing permanently. She was thinking, “But that silly dream of yours... I don’t want to see it crushed.” She was willing to let her whole team fail in order to protect Naruto’s dream without even thinking about Sasuke.

During the chuunin exams part 2, Sasuke was about to give up their scroll until Naruto snapped him out of his thoughts. Sakura told Sasuke that “Naruto may be an idiot, but at least he’s not a coward like you!”

After Sakura’s fight against Ino, Sakura told Naruto “Thanks. If it weren’t for you yelling like an idiot, I would’ve lost.”

In Naruto’s fight against Kiba, she was thinking “I used to make fun of those words, but I was wrong”. After that, she said “Naruto... Tell everyone...” and then Naruto finished her sentence by saying “Don’t underestimate me!” showing yet again how the two think alike. As explained in Episode 3, they are kindred spirits. Their personalities match well with one another (which will be explained in the ‘Naruto and Sakura’s relationship’ part).

In the chuunin exams part 3, Sakura was thinking “I’m kind of jealous of you. When I watch you fight, I feel like I have to do my best, and that is an incredible thing,” and later on in Naruto’s fight against Gaara, Sakura was Naruto’s motivation to win. For me, this is one of ‘The Great NaruSaku Qualities™’. They motivate each other, learn from each other, and grow stronger with one another. Following Sakura’s line, “that is an incredible thing.”

In Sasuke’s fight against Gaara, however, Sakura showed no cheering, no self-narration, none about Sasuke except for asking Kakashi about the Cursed Seal and probably being gloomy when Sasuke wouldn’t show up.

After the fight against Gaara, Sakura thanked Sasuke for defeating Gaara for her. Sasuke honestly told her that it was Naruto who did the job, and instead of being disappointed, she smiled for Naruto in a surprisingly warm way – a smile that she had never given anyone else. Not even Sasuke.

Sakura asked Naruto on a date later on, intending to tell him about the Sasuke. This one is noticeable. Sakura could’ve just told Naruto that she wanted to have a word with him privately, but no. She asked him out on a date. Although it doesn’t scream out “OMG SAKURA TOTALLY LURVES NARUTO!!!11”, it shows just how far their relationship had gone. Sakura was now comfortable with going out on a date with Naruto. And Naruto, in turn, didn’t go all “OMG SAKURA’S ASKING ME OUT!!!!” but instead took everything seriously as he could tell that Sakura had bad news. And when Naruto comforts her, she smiled truly. And nobody else could’ve made her smile like this in the time of her darkest.

Later on, Sakura went to see Team Shikamaru. Naruto tells Sakura that he understood her pain – the pain of loving someone who can’t love you back. Naruto looked sad, trying to smile because he didn’t want Sakura to cry anymore. Hugging herself, Sakura thought back to the early days of Episode 3, and realized how wrong she was. All of her first impressions of Naruto were washed away by this. When she thought Naruto was someone who didn’t understand her at first, she now realizes that he was the only one who really understood her. She thought that he was just annoying at first, when in fact he was one of the most trustworthy people of all. She said “Thank you!” with all sincerity and emotions. Because Naruto was no longer an annoying bugger, but an important friend. After that, Naruto made a promise that he’ll bring back Sasuke for Sakura, because he loved her enough that he would sacrifice his own happiness for her. He didn’t want her to feel his pain, because he could feel how much it hurt. He wanted her to be happy, even if it meant that she wouldn’t be with him.

When Naruto failed to bring back Sasuke, Sakura tried to act happily, even making jokes about Naruto “looking like a mummy”. She didn’t want Naruto to break down because of his failure, and she didn’t want him to overwork himself, all because of her. And so she tells him that it was okay that he didn’t fulfill his promise. She wanted him to stop. Yet Naruto persisted that he never backs down on a promise. There was no way she could prevent Naruto from going all out, and so the least she could do was look out for him. She asked Tsunade to make her an apprentice, and vowed that next time, she and Naruto were going together.

After two and a half years, Naruto came back after his training with Jiraiya. The first thing that Sakura asks is “How do I look? Have I become more womanly?” Then, when Naruto brushes off Konohamaru’s thoughts of performing the Sexy no Jutsu, she admired him for it, thinking that “More than just his height had grown........ Naruto, you’ve become an excellent man.” After that, Naruto says that he has a new ultra-perverted jutsu, and Sakura, still caught up in the moment of admiring him, says “Yeah, your new ultra-perverted jutsu...” Two seconds later, she comes to realizations and punches Naruto saying “Where the hell do you expect me to put the way I felt about you earlier?!”

Last edited by Hiroshi; 07-17-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:49 AM   #793
Hiroshi
Academy Student

The greatest thing about Naruto and Sakura is that they have the ability to be romantic even without being overly sappy and amorous. It’s perfect for a shounen manga like this. Even after the proposals are done and they’re already a couple, they’d still have something to offer the people: comedy/entertainment. It’d be great because I read somewhere that Kishi said he was going to continue to the children.

They also think alike, as shown in Naruto’s fight against Kiba, in Chapter 3, during those times when Kakashi was late, and a lot of chapters after the time-skip. I can see them as the greatest teammates. When there’s a brainstorming time, all they need to do is look at each other and nod, and let the plan commence, because they are perfectly synchronized.

Of course, it doesn’t have to be like that all the time. There will be times when Naruto goes way ahead of himself, and Sakura would care to disagree and give him a good smack if ever he becomes a persistent brat, because Sakura doesn’t worship Naruto like Hinata does. When Naruto does wrong, she can give him a good lecture and/or calm him down.

These two have a lot of similarities, as well as enough opposites to keep a relationship going. Sure, Naruto is a dumbass and Sakura is second to Shikamaru in intelligence, but they’re both wonderfully energetic and they can live the moment as happily as can be. Their personalities are perfectly balanced, and their characteristics needn’t be changed if ever they get in a relationship.

They motivate each other, learn from each other, and grow stronger with one another, as demonstrated when Sakura felt that she needed to do her best whenever she sees Naruto fight, and when Sakura calms Naruto down whenever he gets way ahead of himself. Sakura can find strength and determination in Naruto, and at the same time, Naruto can find wisdom and maturity from Sakura. They complement each other very well, and with each other, they can be very strong. They are so perfect together that even if they don’t end up as a couple, they would still have one of the closest relationships in the entire manga (Naruto and Sasuke excluded).

- On their sibling relationship.

Based on what I have observed, people say that Naruto and Sakura can’t end up together because they only have a brother and sister relationship. Why would people say that? We all know that Naruto likes Sakura. He tried to kiss her when he was in Sasuke form. He tried to eat with her when they became teammates. He looked really sad whenever Sakura hugged and cried over Sasuke. Konohamaru and GamaKichi thought that Sakura was Naruto’s girlfriend. Where’s the platonic relationship in those? So because Naruto didn’t obsess over Sakura, it means he doesn’t love her? I think it only means that he’s more mature than her and he doesn’t need to fanboy over her. And even if they do think of each other as brother and sister, what’s wrong? Would it suddenly become incest or something even though they aren’t related?

- It isn’t cliché

One cannot deny that two main characters are more often than not sure to end up together. Take a look at Final Fantasy 10. The author just slaps the two characters together and doesn’t really bother with development because it’s already understood that they’re a couple. It’s kind of boring and way overdone, right? Does that mean that if Naruto and Sakura were to end up together, the manga would be boring and cliché?

Actually, it won’t. Because with Naruto and Sakura, the author actually gave us a reason why the two should end up together. Their relationship would make perfect sense, and even a good story. In the beginning, Naruto had nothing. No family, no love, not even good skills as a ninja. He had to earn everything. Then he has this rival who has everything. He had skills and talent. Everyone recognized him. He even has the affection of the girl that Naruto likes. As the story progressed, things started to change. Naruto improved, people paid attention to him, and he rose from dead-last dropout to recognizable, powerful ninja. He has earned everything he ever wanted. Sasuke, on the other hand, lost (not to say lost, but rather, “sacrificed”) everything he had.

Everything that Sasuke lost, Naruto earned. And would it be so cliché if he earned Sakura’s love, too? I don’t watch a lot of anime, so I don’t know if what I’m saying is anything new. Maybe it has been done in the past already. But I can also say that Sasuke x Sakura’s “Girl comforts angsty guy” has also been done. And so has Naruto x Hinata’s “Shy girl finds courage to tell guy ‘I love you’”. And tell me, how often does “Girl slowly sees how great the guy is” happen?

Significant Chapters

Chapter 3 – Naruto finally realizes why he likes Sakura.

Chapter 134 – Naruto fights for his precious people. A lot of focus is placed on Sakura, and Naruto doesn’t stop until he realizes that Sakura is safe.

Chapter 172 – Naruto sees Sakura hug Sasuke. You can really see the sadness in his eyes. Tsunade noticed his maturity in leaving the scene without a word.

Chapter 178 – Naruto and Sakura’s first date.

Chapter 183 – Naruto makes his promise of a lifetime. He’s crushed, but he wanted Sakura to be happy even if it wouldn’t be with him.

Chapter 245 – Sakura admits that she had a “sparkling girl’s feeling” for Naruto.

Chapter 247 – Naruto and Sakura’s second date (I don’t know if it happened or not, though. But I’m sure that Sakura accepted Naruto’s offer for a date.)

Chapter 289 – Sai comments on Sakura’s attitude towards Naruto, but was cut off when Naruto said that they needed to hurry.

Chapter 296 – Sakura runs towards Kyuubi Naruto trying to keep him calm, but is literally brushed off.

Chapter 297 – Yamato comments on what he thinks Sakura’s feelings for Naruto are, but was cut off when Naruto woke up from unconsciousness.

Chapter 343 - She really did have the intention of feeding Naruto. Sai was the one who turned it into a comic relief moment. But Sakura herself reallly didn't mind feeding Naruto for the moment and definitely wasn't joking about it. Or at least, from what we actually know and what isn't just speculation, she didn't seem to be kidding at all

Old 07-17-2008, 01:15 AM   #794
Hiroshi
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataFanX View Post
Yeah, but consider the source. Yamato knows nothing about their past at all, knows nothing about either's relationship with Sasuke, doesn't, or didn't, even know who Hinata was, and hadn't even been around them for but a week. Meanwhile, there have been at least one more outside source telling Naruto how Hinata feels/dropping hints without trying. One is Kurenai, and the other is Sakura, both during her bout with Neji. Well, Kurenai was actually before during the ointment scene, but anyway, that isn't all that surprising considering anyone with half a brain could tell Hinata likes him, which is probably why he doesn't realize it. Yes, that was a "Naruto's stupid" joke.

I don't really want to debate here since i'm already debating on Naruto Fan forum well whatever.

Yamato was talking about Sakura's feelings (omou 想う , kimochi 気持) for Naruto. Yamato solved that problem already by saying: "It's not what you do for Naruto that's important..." He referred to Sakura's feeling of uselessness regarding Naruto with those words already and then he went on and told her: "It's how strongly you feel about him that counts. Sakura, I can tell just by looking at you. The truth is you.." Confidence issues don't fit to the context and to the sentence at all. And if he was talking about confidence, then Sakura wouldn't have looked so shocked and Kishi wouldn't have cut off the sentence..Come on, even the animators added some soft music to that scene and Yamato's facial expression in the anime and manga during his speech speaks volumes..
Yamato doesn't have to know Team 7 in order to make his own observations ("..just by looking at you..") and he's a skilled ANBU, not some dumb man. And don't forget Kishi was talking through Yamato there. He wanted us to know something important..

Old 07-17-2008, 01:48 AM   #795
ralatone
Chuunin

You made alot of great points there lolredy, So I want to ask you if you want to join the fanclub ? I feel you're analyzation and opinion would be a great addition to some of these discussions.

Edit: Ok lolredy joined =]

Last edited by ralatone; 07-17-2008 at 02:00 AM.
ralatone is offline   Reply With Quote