Man finds seven-inch knife in Subway sandwich - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 07-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #1
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil
Man finds seven-inch knife in Subway sandwich

:< haha 0123456789

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...9520-20650942/
http://current.com/items/89108112_kn...ubway_sandwich
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,383681,00.html

Quote:
Man finds seven-inch knife in Subway sandwich
By Mirror.co.uk 16/07/2008

A man who found a seven-inch knife in his foot-long Subway sandwich is suing the firm for £500,000.

New Yorker John Agnesini, 27, found the large serrated knife baked into the bread of his lunch and claimed the melted plastic from the knife's handle caused food poisoning.

The one million US dollar law suit, to be filed in the Manhattan State Supreme Court today, claims that Subway breached its responsibilities under local health codes and public health law.

Mr Agnesini, of Astoria, Queens, told the New York Post he was horrified when he spotted the seven-inch blade inside his lunch on June 27.
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

"After taking a few bites I could tell something didn't taste right," he said.

"Then I felt something hard on the bottom of the bread. I turned it over and could see the knife baked inside."

He said the sharp edge of the stainless steel knife was facing upward and extended into the half of the sandwich he had begun to eat.

"It's shocking. You see this metal knife. I mean, it's one thing seeing a hair or something," he said.

"If I didn't look at it, could you imagine what would happen? I could've slashed the side of my mouth."

Mr Agnesini, a designer at Homo Xtra magazine in Midtown, Manhattan, bought the sandwich from a shop on West 35th Street.

He was not badly injured, but became violently ill with "severe stomach issues" for three hours and a doctor told him he had the symptoms of food poisoning.

Mr Agnesini said this could have been caused by whatever contaminants may have seeped into his food, possibly from the melted plastic handle of the knife.

He added that the knife was "filthy".

His lawyer, Yetta Kurland of Kurland, Bonica & Associates, said: "It is outrageous that someone would have to worry about swallowing a metal knife and it is unthinkable that Subway, which makes fortunes off its campaign of 'Eat fresh', would allow something like this to happen."

Kevin Kane, a Subway spokesman, told the paper: "At Subway restaurants, we take food safety and customer comments very seriously.

"We are aware of the complaint made and are investigating the facts.

"As a pending legal matter, we cannot discuss this matter further."
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2008, 04:50 PM   #2
goku100
I own j00!

goku100 will become famous soon enoughgoku100 will become famous soon enough
Re: Man finds seven-inch knife in Subway sandwich

Dont subway make the sandwich right infront of you?
Old 07-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Miburo

Lucky mother fucker. I wish I'd find a fucking knife in my sandwich! Hell, I'd take a finger, fish-hook, condom, any-fucking-thing. Seriously.

Also, homo xtra magazine?
Old 07-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
Matonly1T
ANBU

Matonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these parts

The funny thing is if this happened in a small time deli there wouldn't be lawsuit. This guy saw a corporation as an finanical opportunity and took it.

Co-Owner
Matonly1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

So? Those mother fuckers have enough money.

And he probably got a foot long, which concealed the knife fully. FIVE. FIVE DOLLAR.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #6
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

yea like goku said
i always watch those
n00bs mak my sandwich
if i saw them put a knife in
i wouldnt say anything
then i woudl bring it up and be liek
yo n00b you left this in here
then sue them for millions
like this guy
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Bal (and others wondering),
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
the large serrated knife baked into the bread of his lunch
Old 07-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
balmung5000
cpas

balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

if it was baked into the bread
then when they slice the bread
how did they not slice the knife
Old 07-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #9
goku100
I own j00!

goku100 will become famous soon enoughgoku100 will become famous soon enough

Only the plastic bit was melted in though, the rest was still intact, both subway and the man are total retards.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #10
dirk667
Claymore Addict

dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmung5000 View Post
if it was baked into the bread
then when they slice the bread
how did they not slice the knife
yeah, they cut those in half, it would have hit a 7 i long knife!! he probably poisoned imself and stuck the knife in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I give up, dirk beats in all forms of life
Owner of:

Co-Owner of:
Uchiha Itachi FC
New Uchiha Sasuke FC
Member of:
War of the Sharingan FC
New Jirayia FC
I LOVE UCHIHA CLAN
dirk667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #11
Miburo

You know, little spoon has a point. They might miss the knife while making it because it's cut horizontally when they're jamming that nasty looking meat in. But after they're done they cut it in half vertically.

So you'd think the guy would have noticed the knife before taking a bite, unless he's some sort of douchebag who picks up the entire footlong and jams it in his mouth instead of eating one half at a time.

They guy would have to be pretty fucking stupid to actually eat some of it without noticing the knife right away no matter what. Unless he thought that he'd be able to get more money if he ate a bunch of the plastic shit and got sick?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #12
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░

Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold

jesus christ, ill be surprised if this man gets a dime.

This is the most retarded claim ive ever heard, how the fuck would a 7 inch knife fit into a subway sandwich which are cut in half and served in 6 inch portions

Last edited by Shikamaru; 07-16-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #13
balmung5000
cpas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
jesus christ, ill be surprised if this man gets a dime.

This is the most retarded claim ive ever heard, how the fuck would a 7 inch knife fit into a subway sandwich which are cut in half and served in 6 inch portions
exactly why i said
how did they not hit
the knife when they cut
the bread
it just doesnt make any sense
Old 07-16-2008, 06:20 PM   #14
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░

Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold

Then you bal are a very intelligant man, you need to be Lameway's lawyer

my apologies for not reading the thread replies
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #15
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Perhaps the knife was placed in such a way that only the melted handle would have been cut? Or maybe the guy cutting it too high? It's theoretically possible, especially with the human factor.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote