The Dark Knight - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Movies & Television

Movies & Television Talk about your favorite classic or new movies here and also talk about your favorite television shows!

Old 07-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #31
LonelyNinja

Re: The Dark Knight

Heath Ledger as the Joker was the absolute best choice ever. He had the laugh down, he had the insanity, he brought out the very best (and maniacal worse) of him. Every minute with the Joker was an insanely enjoyable, if a little twisted, experience. Oh, I love the Joker. <3
Oh, right, Christian Bale. Did a good job as the Batman again. Not really much else to say. Harvey Dent... Yeah, that was a surprise.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:21 PM   #32
RasenganFox
Thunder Sage

RasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of light

Damn that movie was badass. Heath Ledger was an amazing Joker. Less of a Jokester and more of a killer. I'm interested to see the old Batman with Jack Nicholson as the Joker though my dad said Ledger did a better job. I wouldn't mind seeing this movie again at all, it was that good. Favorite quote:

"I'm going to make this pencil..disappear"

^ That scene got me clapping at his evilness >= D

"Will you be the savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned?"
RasenganFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #33
Satoku
One Pump Chump

Satoku is on a distinguished roadSatoku is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasenganFox View Post
Damn that movie was badass. Heath Ledger was an amazing Joker. Less of a Jokester and more of a killer. I'm interested to see the old Batman with Jack Nicholson as the Joker though my dad said Ledger did a better job. I wouldn't mind seeing this movie again at all, it was that good. Favorite quote:

oh yes =]

for those who think that theres no way theres gonna be a third, its gonna be about Two Face
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
Harvey Dent died at the end but Two Face is still alive
Satoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:41 AM   #34
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

True. And that hospital boom. Twice.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:46 AM   #35
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

Saw it tonight. Great movie. Probably the best I've seen in years. I am so impressed with it that I can't find my favorite part of the movie in acting or scenes.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:13 AM   #36
LonelyNinja

Quote:

Everyone in the theater went, "OOOOHHHH!" My friends and I did the same, then lol'd heartily.

Joker blowing up the hospital was absolutely hilarious. Seeing him in a nurse's outfit pressing the detonator repeatedly was pure platinum.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #37
kluang
One Punch Man

kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Ledger did put a standard on comic villain. And other villain that will show up in the next Batman movie or other superhero will be compared The Joker, unfortunately.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:17 PM   #38
YondaimeBunshin
Chuunin

YondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished roadYondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished road

^Seriously. I'm pissed he's dead now, before I just felt a little bad, but now I'm extra pissed. I like his movies and thought he had a lot of potential before, but he really pulled this one out.

As for the movie itself, best...movie...ever...it's my new favorite thanks to my love for the Bat. I love the whole mythology and the whole 9. I like where these movies are going though, first they surprised us with Christian Bale being a great Batman, albeit they taylored Ra's character to the equivalent of a filler villan. Then this movie they got everything right. The Joker being at the top of the list. Two Face, awesome, but is he like dead dead, I was under the impression no. And now that's rachel's dead you know what they need. CATWOMAN, and maybe a redone poison ivy where she's just like a rogue assassin or something. What other villians would you want with the new grittier, darker Batman series? It'd have to be contemporary villians or villians that are easily adaptable to the whole real world with Batman in it going.
YondaimeBunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #39
RasenganFox
Thunder Sage

RasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of light

As long as they don't put the freakin Penguin in a new Batman movie, I'm good with whatever villian appears. Mr. Freeze would be cool, or even a more darker Riddler, and IF they ever do put Joker back in another movie, they should team him up with Harley Quin. I wonder if Robin will also make an appearance in later films.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:29 PM   #40
kluang
One Punch Man

Quote:
As long as they don't put the freakin Penguin in a new Batman movie, I'm good with whatever villian appears. Mr. Freeze would be cool, or even a more darker Riddler, and IF they ever do put Joker back in another movie, they should team him up with Harley Quin. I wonder if Robin will also make an appearance in later films.
and who ever do joker ( if there will be one) in the sequel of the dark knight, will be under a lot of pressure. He will compared to ledger.

I'm thinking the sequel, Penguin the new mob boss with his two best henceman, Bane and Killer Croc?

Edit: One more thing.... Why This Joker always licks his lips?

Last edited by kluang; 07-19-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:32 AM   #41
LonelyNinja

Rumors are circulating that Daniel Day-Lewis is going to replace Heath as the Joker in any sequels. Great job in There Will Be Blood, but I'm not so sure about him as the Joker. Anywhozit, I think Catwoman is going to be in the next one, since Lucius said that Batman's new armor can withstand cat attacks (in response to Wayne asking if it can protect him from dogs). Penguin could be a good villain, if done correctly, and Mr. Freeze could look really cool. Angelina Jolie should be Poison Ivy, and I don't think Robin should be in this new series.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #42
RasenganFox
Thunder Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post

Edit: One more thing.... Why This Joker always licks his lips?
The original Joker didn't do that, but Ledger did so that he could get the Joker's voice out. Plus with all that make-up I'm sure your lips are bound to get dry so he had to find some way of doing so.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #43
kluang
One Punch Man

It makes him more creepy.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #44
rustys
Genin

rustys is an unknown quantity at this point

I just saw the movie last night the movie theaters were packed lines went into the parking lot the movie was filled up u ahd to wait liek 15 mins jsut to use the bath room ._. but the movie was great
Old 07-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #45
kluang
One Punch Man

Thats why I watch it on Thursday afternoon. Not so pack.