SOTW#6 - Discussion - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Graphics Design > Contests

Contests This is where all the SOTW and COTW competitions will be held. Bring your A game or end up crying.

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:47 PM   #16
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future
Re: SOTW#6 - Discussion

I am never doing another popout.. the one i entered put me through hell and i am done with popouts for good.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i now hate them and i will leave the cool looking popouts for those that have no problem with them.. Thats what i get for trying to make it a tad different then the normal way. T_T

Old 07-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #17
ITzANIllUZion
ANBU

ITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmagnesiumXx View Post
Why don't we have the winner pick the theme? That way we can keep it fresh and interesting.
thats a good idea. it is good to keep it fresh and intresting.

@mystik- thats not different...lol. ive seen that type already.

One of the Badass Shinobi

Thnx OG

N48 vs Me

Last edited by ITzANIllUZion; 07-30-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:58 PM   #18
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

its different for me ok and it took me a freaking hour to get it to look just halfway decent.. i have never taken so long on a sig ever and i will never ever do another one.. wait i did say never right.. yeah never ever... i now hate pop outs..
Old 07-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #19
goku100
I own j00!

goku100 will become famous soon enoughgoku100 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmagnesiumXx View Post
Why don't we have the winner pick the theme? That way we can keep it fresh and interesting.
agreed.

Mystik - work to perfect, if you have that attitude then you'll never progress, take a look at examples of other pop-outs etc and work around it to suit you.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #20
Mystik
Im a Bitch

I did thats why i spent an hour on it and i barely spend 15 minutes on a sig..lots of cutting erasing and so on..
Old 07-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #21
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

Pop outs actually require less work than normal sigs. Remember with regular sigs you have to blend a pic from head to toe, well depending on how much you're using of the render. With pop out sigs it's all about blending the partition. It's up to you how complex you make the rest of it.

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Old 07-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #22
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Thats true well i somehow made mine very complex lol.. plus i already made like 4 sigs and 3 avies before that one so i was probably fustrated to.. i was just trying hard to make my pop out a little different and tried to make a cooloer looking one.. >.<
Old 07-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #23
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

That pop-out sig you made is actually really good, if you put forth that effort at the actual pop-out them SOTW, you would've won. That's really good even if took an hour. I get bored really easily so I finish sigs on my first go, regardless of what I'm trying to make it look like. I never go back on a sig an hour later, I end up starting it again. As you can see what I done with the Mario sig was atrocious, no effort whatsoever lol. This SOTW thing was supposed to help me improve, I'm actually doing much worse. Plus this new mouse I just bought is fucking up on me. I'm still thinking about changing my entry, luckily there's 4 days left before I need to re-submit anything.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #24
Mystik
Im a Bitch

wow thanks Bk for that comment.. it made me feel tons better >.<
actually though to be honest i didnt think about doing a popout like that till i seen yours and joeys and i loved them and figured cool idea and i gave it a try.. so i guess paying attention to others people's work helps a lot.. and yeah some mouses do suck.. i have a laser mouse and so far it works pretty good.. and yeah i like your pop out you posted also..
Old 07-30-2008, 11:53 PM   #25
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Bk and Mystik - change those borders >.<

also Mystik, Lee Hyori <3
Old 07-31-2008, 12:08 AM   #26
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
Bk and Mystik - change those borders >.<

also Mystik, Lee Hyori <3
lol the border is one of the things i had a hard time with and couldnt get right >.< .... i might try and redo it tomorrow and see if i cant get it right.. and make it think like it should be.. or just drop the border period.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:58 AM   #27
Wave
Custom User Title

Wave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to beholdWave is a splendid one to behold

tch. manga panel ... and this time it took way longer than the other one

note-to-self: change dialouge later..forgot i made sasuke speak..

Last edited by Wave; 07-31-2008 at 05:39 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:31 AM   #28
Babyface BK
<3===BK

OG - It's suppose to be a painting and the border's the wooden frame...sort of. Remember Mario 64 he would jump through the paintings which were portals, yeaaah.

Mystik - Thanks, but I definetly need to change it if I wanna win this time round.

Wave - loll very very interesting sig. I just love the fact that you have the most unique outlook on sigs. You just need to change the blue you've got over the entire pic other than that it's really good. DBZ VS Naruto..awesome XD.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:31 AM   #29
fox maiden
Vixynn

fox maiden is on a distinguished roadfox maiden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
I am never doing another popout.. the one i entered put me through hell and i am done with popouts for good.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i now hate them and i will leave the cool looking popouts for those that have no problem with them.. Thats what i get for trying to make it a tad different then the normal way. T_T
I think urs looks awesome! It turned out looking really badass. So don't be so hard on urself. But the only thing is the borders....

fan clubs:

@>-->-
Ouran High Host Club Queen

Owner of the Black Cat fc
Co-Owner of The Official Vampire Knight FC.

Last edited by fox maiden; 07-31-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:38 AM   #30
D4rKR34v3r
ANBU

Location: Wow, if you are reading this stop trying to stalk me
D4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud of

i just want to get 1 point lol.