Seirei no Moribito - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 09-08-2008, 03:07 AM   #1
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future
Seirei no Moribito

Seirei No Moribito ( Guardian of the Sacred Spirit )

A new anime coming on cartoon network on Saturday nights and its only 26 episodes and of course i cheated and went to veoh and watched all 26 eps and its a really good anime. Balsa was the female lead in it and even though it didnt really have a male lead it was still a really good anime. Just wondering if anyone else has watched it and if so whats your thoughts on it.

Last edited by Mystik; 09-08-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
Re: Seirei no Moribito

I also saw this on [as] and watched all 26 episodes today XDD
Fuckin' awesome series, though it is only 26 episodes long-- I didn't really care too much for the ending.
Where exactly was Balsa going?

I think my favorite episode was the one where Balsa tells the story of Jigoro to Chagum, and then Chagum trains and gets all cool. The 25th episode was awesome, too-- Awesome last battle.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:30 AM   #3
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

lol me too ... wasnt it awesome i think balsa was going back to her hometown.. not sure but i think it had something to do with her father. Cause i know she never got to repay her respects to him and Tanda said she had to lay someone to rest that only she could do. Yeah the story of her and jigoro was sad. My fav ep was probably when her and Tanda was talking in the cave and he kinda told her he wanted to be with her and chagum. I mean the ending was good but i wanted her to stay with Tanda so bad. Poor guy has to wait for her yet again lol.

Last edited by Mystik; 09-08-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:02 AM   #4
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

Yea, I know-- The series ended in kind of an awkward place; You know that everything is good, the clouds appeared, Chagum is safe-- but that was about it. There was closure, but nothing sweet for the fans lol

Old 09-08-2008, 07:15 AM   #5
Mystik
Im a Bitch

i know. Thats what i was saying. Yeah it had a happy ending but not really a happy ever after ending. I mean Balsa and chagum and Tanda were in a way sad and neither of them really got what they wanted and i hope they make a second series and kinda give more closure to the story.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:30 AM   #6
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

Ah, yes-- I certainly wouldn't mind a sequel of some sort. I actually did some wikipedia-ing and found out that.... Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit (精霊の守り人, Seirei no Moribito?) is the first in the ten volume Guardian (守り人, Moribito?) series of Japanese fantasy novels, written by Nahoko Uehashi.
So if we do have a sequel coming up, the writers have 9 other stories to choose from! =DD
edit-- Ah, wait; It's a continuing series. So if they do make a sequel, they'll make Yami no Moribito first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_series

Old 09-08-2008, 07:32 AM   #7
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Oh wow that would be awesome. I sure hope they do cause i would like to know what happens to everyone. Cause i wasnt happy with what happened so far lol. It sounds so interesting to. Maybe they will make more.

Last edited by Mystik; 09-08-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #8
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

Info, please. Summary, genres, and if it's also a manga, a link to a site where I can read it online, if that's possible.

ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #9
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Its a great anime series with a great story to tell. I didn't know about the 10 Guardian series so if they do make a sequal I would very much like to watch it. I also felt bad for Tanda that he didn't get his woman to stay with him. Because of Balsa I have a better appreciation for spear fighting.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #10
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight View Post
Info, please. Summary, genres, and if it's also a manga, a link to a site where I can read it online, if that's possible.
The genre is action, fantasy, historical, seinen

Short summary
Summary

Once every 100 years, a Water Fairy implants an egg into a person who then becomes the Guardian of Fairies. This time, the responsibility falls on Chagum, the second prince of the New Yogo Kingdom.

Chagum`s life isn`t easy. The king finds Chagum an inconvenience and attempts to have him killed. As a result, the queen asks a female guard, Balsa, to protect Chagum. In addition to this, beings from another world, known as Nayugu, constantly attack him in order to eat the egg carried in Chagumu`s body.

could only find two chapters of it though both 41 pages long..
http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/r...3139.01-001.0/

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/r...3140.01-002.0/

but you can watch all 26 eps on veoh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi87 View Post
Its a great anime series with a great story to tell. I didn't know about the 10 Guardian series so if they do make a sequal I would very much like to watch it. I also felt bad for Tanda that he didn't get his woman to stay with him. Because of Balsa I have a better appreciation for spear fighting.
Yeah i didnt know about the other series either and what makes them great is it sticks with all the main characters. Yeah poor Tanda does he have to wait another 2 years for her lol and she kicks major butt with that spear.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #11
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

Well, I guess because it ended where it wasn't "happily ever after", it gives the possibility of a continuation.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #12
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Awesome sword/spear play when fighting does go down. Solid storyline & short so you're not wasting half your life watching a 300+ episode anime. Overall I thought it was really good & hope to see the sequels that have been mentioned animated.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #13
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

If they decide not to do a sequel series, they might do a movie. =/

Old 09-08-2008, 10:08 PM   #14
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Just incase anyone's interested in a sample of the anime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qx7A...eature=related

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #15
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

Sounds interesting. Few main characters in anime wield spears. I'll try Googling it sometime to get the rest of the series.

Also, I read the Wikipedia article on the series, and the anime is an adaptation of a fantasy novel that was set to be released in English summer of this year. Has anyone looked into this?

Last edited by ShinobiKnight; 09-09-2008 at 03:09 PM.
ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote