kakashi an asshole? - Page 5 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series

Naruto Series Talk about the most popular anime in the world right here in this section!

View Poll Results: kakashi and asshole?
no becuase sasuke is a Lighting element 19 33.33%
yes becuase naruto has been only tuaght by Jiriyai 7 12.28%
it's fair 31 54.39%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #61
jasminegreen
Genin

jasminegreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: kakashi an asshole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
did they? according to your logic of how the teachers are presented no. you are assuming that gai and all of them supported the others where is your proof?
now gai is a decent example of kakashi's relationship if not even more. lee need alot of training not being able to use ninjtsu and genjtsu so gai taught him the lotus and the reverse(eight gates). where was neji or tenten? you can say they are decent fighters but lee's abilities in my mind were above the others and you know why because gai saw himself in lee.(his favorite)

now reading most of this thread i can tell you are a huge naruto fan and probably feel hurt because you think he could've been stronger with kakashi's help. The only person you can possible blame is kishi or his team for making kakashi teach other people. i reread an earlier manga that said he was only going to teach naruto then he asked his other people and the added the others. Before you on a rant about that you should really ask youself why they did that. Maybe somethings just need to happen in everyones life and that helps to build your character. hope you find some closure in any of this.
I knew Kishi's original idea. I think he should've stuck with that. Well Gai has been shown in flashbacks training the group together. During Tenten's match at the Chunin exam, Gai is right in the stands cheering Tenten on. And, during Neji's match, he shows confidence in Neji's ability and that he's strong. And, Gai tried to teach all of his students the lotus, but Lee was the only one to work with it enough and grasp the concept, so Gai took Lee to the next stage. Shikamaru is Asuma's favorite, but he does things with Ino & Chouji as well and takes them out to eat, as well. When he was dying he said encouraging things to all of his students, showing that he did pay attention to them, know them and cared. Hinata might be Kurenai's favorite, being a girl, but she also show greats confidence in Kiba, Shino may frighten her a bit.

Last edited by jasminegreen; 09-25-2008 at 08:15 PM.
jasminegreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #62
Sauron
Chuunin

Sauron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminegreen View Post
I knew Kishi's original idea. I think he should've stuck with that. Well Gai has been shown in flashbacks training the group together. During Tenten's match at the Chunin exam, Gai is right in the stands cheering Tenten on. And, during Neji's match, he shows confidence in Neji's ability and that he's strong. And, Gai tried to teach all of his students the lotus, but Lee was the only one to work with it enough and grasp the concept, so Gai took Lee to the next stage. Shikamaru is Asuma's favorite, but he does things with Ino & Chouji as well and takes them out to eat, as well. When he was dying he said encouraging things to all of his students, showing that he did pay attention to them, know them and cared. Hinata might be Kurenai's favorite, being a girl, but she also show greats confidence in Kiba, Shino may frighten her a bit.
1st off those flashbacks are not fair because we really don't know what went on every second with naruto ,sakura, and sasuke. also kaskashi doesn't cheer anyone well not in the way gai would. so technically you've proven he cheered for sakura as much as sasuke. how did gai try to teach everyone lotus? tenten couldve used some real help when she got her ass wooped by temari. i mean come on you seriously can't say you don't see my point in this?

i think if you are going to feel bad for anyone feel bad for sasuke and how he went a bit insane over the years. and also if you are going to call anyone a bad teacher then say that about jariaya who should've been at naruto's side from day 1. Naruto's godfather and his father's teacher, come on. instead this guy wants to chase women and go spy on groups that could annihilate him.

http://forums.narutocentral.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24150&datel  ine=1239199012
Sauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:48 PM   #63
jasminegreen
Genin

Quote:
1st off those flashbacks are not fair because we really don't know what went on every second with naruto ,sakura, and sasuke. also kaskashi doesn't cheer anyone well not in the way gai would. so technically you've proven he cheered for sakura as much as sasuke. how did gai try to teach everyone lotus? tenten couldve used some real help when she got her ass wooped by temari. i mean come on you seriously can't say you don't see my point in this?

i think if you are going to feel bad for anyone feel bad for sasuke and how he went a bit insane over the years. and also if you are going to call anyone a bad teacher then say that about jariaya who should've been at naruto's side from day 1. Naruto's godfather and his father's teacher, come on. instead this guy wants to chase women and go spy on groups that could annihilate him.
I see where you're coming from. Well, Jiraiya did show up a little late, but at the end of the day, he did love Naruto and was there for him in a way that no one else was, he took Naruto in and took care of him for three years. I know that's not alot but it's more than anyone ever did for Naruto. Sasuke did have a bad life, but he was in a village that respected him like crazy and lived in a big house, while Naruto lived in a tiny grungy apartment. Sasuke was also on a team with a girl that was crazy about him and a teacher that worshipped the ground he walked on. No one in Team 7 cared about Naruto. And, Naruto had to work trice as hard to gain the same amount of respect and praise that Sasuke automatically gets.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:20 PM   #64
Sauron
Chuunin

Quote:
I see where you're coming from. Well, Jiraiya did show up a little late, but at the end of the day, he did love Naruto and was there for him in a way that no one else was, he took Naruto in and took care of him for three years. I know that's not alot but it's more than anyone ever did for Naruto. Sasuke did have a bad life, but he was in a village that respected him like crazy and lived in a big house, while Naruto lived in a tiny grungy apartment. Sasuke was also on a team with a girl that was crazy about him and a teacher that worshipped the ground he walked on. No one in Team 7 cared about Naruto. And, Naruto had to work trice as hard to gain the same amount of respect and praise that Sasuke automatically gets.
where are you getting your information from? team 7 did care about each other and it was because of kakashi that they started to. I think you really need to reread the mangas. sasuke's clan and family was killed and the elders supposedly knew about it. when did kakashi worship sasuke or appoint him leader? the only thing he did was that one time teaching him chodori. if this is the big issue please try again.

also i'm talking about naruto's whole life with jariaya he had all those years and he decided to train him after he became kakashi's student? he knew his father and mother alot more than kakashi. atleast he knew them enough to get him to be the godfather. i think you need to evaluate the situation more kakashi is more like a big brother to naruto as jariaya was a grandfather.

http://forums.narutocentral.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24150&datel  ine=1239199012
Old 09-25-2008, 10:37 PM   #65
jasminegreen
Genin

Quote:
where are you getting your information from? team 7 did care about each other and it was because of kakashi that they started to. I think you really need to reread the mangas. sasuke's clan and family was killed and the elders supposedly knew about it. when did kakashi worship sasuke or appoint him leader? the only thing he did was that one time teaching him chodori. if this is the big issue please try again.

also i'm talking about naruto's whole life with jariaya he had all those years and he decided to train him after he became kakashi's student? he knew his father and mother alot more than kakashi. atleast he knew them enough to get him to be the godfather. i think you need to evaluate the situation more kakashi is more like a big brother to naruto as jariaya was a grandfather.
But Jiraiya wasn't goofing off that whole time. He had t keep an eye on Orochimaru. He was able to find out and let the Hokage know about the gang of ninja that will come after Naruto. And from a chapter in the manga, Jiraiya forget that he was appointed Naruto's godfather. And in the same chapter or maybe a chapter after it, Jiraiya was thinking that he was a failure, so maybe he though Naruto would have someone better to take care of him and that Naruto would do better without him. Then when he came to the village, during the Chunin exam, he saw that no one cared about or was helping Naruto so he stepped in to resume his duties.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:07 AM   #66
Sauron
Chuunin

Quote:
But Jiraiya wasn't goofing off that whole time. He had t keep an eye on Orochimaru. He was able to find out and let the Hokage know about the gang of ninja that will come after Naruto. And from a chapter in the manga, Jiraiya forget that he was appointed Naruto's godfather. And in the same chapter or maybe a chapter after it, Jiraiya was thinking that he was a failure, so maybe he though Naruto would have someone better to take care of him and that Naruto would do better without him. Then when he came to the village, during the Chunin exam, he saw that no one cared about or was helping Naruto so he stepped in to resume his duties.
um, now i'm even more confused. jaraiya might be old but he is not that dimwitted. How are you honestly going to defend jaraiya and yet call kakashi an asshole? Jariaya had more claim to be his teacher than kakashi. And are you saying in 14 years jaraiya couldn't find some time to check in and teach him? but kakashi with his postion of being send on missions by the hokage and captaion of an anbu team doesn't deserve any grace? how much time are we even giving kakashi anyway compared to jaraiya one year or two from the time he was appointed?

On a different note notice that after the chunin exams who is the stronger one naruto. he did what kakashi said by training on basics and taking them to new levels. walk on water and rasengan were examples of this. also he beat gaara when sasuke could not. i'd say the tale of manga speaks for itself.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:44 AM   #67
jasminegreen
Genin

Quote:
um, now i'm even more confused. jaraiya might be old but he is not that dimwitted. How are you honestly going to defend jaraiya and yet call kakashi an asshole? Jariaya had more claim to be his teacher than kakashi. And are you saying in 14 years jaraiya couldn't find some time to check in and teach him? but kakashi with his postion of being send on missions by the hokage and captaion of an anbu team doesn't deserve any grace? how much time are we even giving kakashi anyway compared to jaraiya one year or two from the time he was appointed?

On a different note notice that after the chunin exams who is the stronger one naruto. he did what kakashi said by training on basics and taking them to new levels. walk on water and rasengan were examples of this. also he beat gaara when sasuke could not. i'd say the tale of manga speaks for itself.
Something that played a big part in Naruto's fight with Gaara was harnessing the Kyuubi chakra, and summoning, that Jiraiya taught him. What helped him a little in the Sannin fight? The Rasengan that Jiraiya taught him. I don't think Kakashi's an asshole just for not training Naruto, but it was his whole condisending attitude towards Naruto in general. In part one when Jiraiya came back, he took the time to work with Naruto, if he saw something wrong with Naruto or his preformence, he'd help fix it.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:58 AM   #68
jasminegreen
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatakemandi View Post
Part one.....hmmm, i know when i first started watching naruto i thought he was an annoying twit.....and.....that's PART ONE!!! hmmmmmm. and this is how many years ahead? 3? Jeesh, yeah, he might of been a bit of a bastard in the beginning.....but to call him an asshole now for something back then...is retarded.
I didn't see this before. The thread was asking wether or not we thought he was an asshole for the way he acted in part 1, I was giving my opinions on why he seemed to be a 'bastard' in part 1. The question portains to part 1, not part 2. So it's not retarded, it's answering a question. I for one, think it's retarded that you can't debate without throwing in insults.

Last edited by jasminegreen; 09-26-2008 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #69
Sauron
Chuunin

Quote:
Something that played a big part in Naruto's fight with Gaara was harnessing the Kyuubi chakra, and summoning, that Jiraiya taught him. What helped him a little in the Sannin fight? The Rasengan that Jiraiya taught him. I don't think Kakashi's an asshole just for not training Naruto, but it was his whole condisending attitude towards Naruto in general. In part one when Jiraiya came back, he took the time to work with Naruto, if he saw something wrong with Naruto or his preformence, he'd help fix it.
wait so are you saying that jaraiya taught naruto the rasengan to fight kabuto? he had no idea he would go up against him. plus naruto almost got killed trying to use it on him. my point was it's more of jaraiya's responsibility than kakashi's. you haven't proven why kakashi is an asshole at all. also when jaraiya came back he only took on one pupil, kakashi had three. besides that jaraiya is a greater ninja being a sannin. i think you really need to stop helping my point.

p.s. (this a side note) you are probably going to receive an infraction for double posting. if you catch it before this use the edit button to add the other post in your previous one. double posting is posting two times in a row just so you know.

Last edited by Sauron; 09-26-2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: to help the user before me.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:35 AM   #70
jasminegreen
Genin

Quote:
wait so are you saying that jaraiya taught naruto the rasengan to fight kabuto? he had no idea he would go up against him. plus naruto almost got killed trying to use it on him. my point was it's more of jaraiya's responsibility than kakashi's. you haven't proven why kakashi is an asshole at all. also when jaraiya came back he only took on one pupil, kakashi had three. besides that jaraiya is a greater ninja being a sannin. i think you really need to stop helping my point.

p.s. (this a side note) you are probably going to receive an infraction for double posting. if you catch it before this use the edit button to add the other post in your previous one. double posting is posting two times in a row just so you know.
What does that mean? Kakashi is the one that decided to become a team leader, if that was going to be too much for him, then he should've either stayed in ANBU or been a private tutor and took Sasuke on as a private pupil, then he could focus on Sasuke all he wanted, since he couldn't do anything for Naruto.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #71
Sauron
Chuunin

Quote:
What does that mean? Kakashi is the one that decided to become a team leader, if that was going to be too much for him, then he should've either stayed in ANBU or been a private tutor and took Sasuke on as a private pupil, then he could focus on Sasuke all he wanted, since he couldn't do anything for Naruto.
exactly, same with jaraiya except he had a long time to deal with this. please know that you are very biased toward hating on kakashi and not taking responsibility for naruto and jaraiya. just cause kakashi taught sasuke chordi and helped him that one time doesn't make him an asshole. it just means he favored sasuke at that time. also he probably felt that since gaara wasn't a leaf shinobi and a killer that sasuke need more techniques. remember in naruto's battle with neji he gave him quite a few chances for surrender but i don't think gaara would've.

if you feel like discussing more on this matter i would like more facts to help prove your case. also please fix your other post where you posted twice in a row it's against a forum rule and i don't want to see you have an infraction.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #72
jasminegreen
Genin

Quote:
exactly, same with jaraiya except he had a long time to deal with this. please know that you are very biased toward hating on kakashi and not taking responsibility for naruto and jaraiya. just cause kakashi taught sasuke chordi and helped him that one time doesn't make him an asshole. it just means he favored sasuke at that time. also he probably felt that since gaara wasn't a leaf shinobi and a killer that sasuke need more techniques. remember in naruto's battle with neji he gave him quite a few chances for surrender but i don't think gaara would've.

if you feel like discussing more on this matter i would like more facts to help prove your case. also please fix your other post where you posted twice in a row it's against a forum rule and i don't want to see you have an infraction.
If he wanted to train Sasuke, that's one thing. But he seems to pass judgement on Naruto and thinks Naruto is hopeless, so therefore doesn't want or trust Naruto to learn anything. He tells Jiraiya that Naruto shouldn't have been taught the Rasengan, who is he to say that? He never spent any time on Naruto, so how would he know what Naruto doesn't & does need to learn? He never understood Naruto or what Naruto had to go through in life and he never cared, so he was in no position to say anything to Jiraiya. Jiraiya has trained many students before, Kakashi only had one team, and all of a sudden, he thinks he can tell Jiraiya? Doesn't work that way. He's a hypocrite, he thinks if he's doing something it's right, but when another teacher does something similar, then Kakashi wants to judge and complain. It's like when Iruka didn't think Naruto and the others were ready for the Chunin exam, and Kakashi told Iruka to butt out and that they aren't his students anymore. Naruto was no longer his student when Jiraiya took him, so he no longer had a say in Naruto's training.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #73
Sauron
Chuunin

Quote:
If he wanted to train Sasuke, that's one thing. But he seems to pass judgement on Naruto and thinks Naruto is hopeless, so therefore doesn't want or trust Naruto to learn anything. He tells Jiraiya that Naruto shouldn't have been taught the Rasengan, who is he to say that? He never spent any time on Naruto, so how would he know what Naruto doesn't & does need to learn? He never understood Naruto or what Naruto had to go through in life and he never cared, so he was in no position to say anything to Jiraiya. Jiraiya has trained many students before, Kakashi only had one team, and all of a sudden, he thinks he can tell Jiraiya? Doesn't work that way. He's a hypocrite, he thinks if he's doing something it's right, but when another teacher does something similar, then Kakashi wants to judge and complain. It's like when Iruka didn't think Naruto and the others were ready for the Chunin exam, and Kakashi told Iruka to butt out and that they aren't his students anymore. Naruto was no longer his student when Jiraiya took him, so he no longer had a say in Naruto's training.
lol, kakashi said that to jaraiya about the rasengan because it is a very good move. i'm not saying his chodori isn't but rasengan is at a level rank. he said that to him because he feared that naruto might hurt sasuke as his teacher. he doesn't want naruto to become a killer.

About that passing on the torch it's a fail. you denounce jaraiya had the responsibilty to teach naruto from the start. yet he should take over after kakashi got him to a certain point. thanks man, you are really smart. it's unbelievable how you are twisting some of these events.

my opinion is this you can blame who ever but at the end of the day naruto will take responsibilty. he should've started listening to his teachers more instead of clowning around. after iruka showed his kindness naruto became more interested in becoming a leaf shinobi. so after that if naruto wanted private lessons then naruto should've found better spare time than right before his match to ask kakashi.

i need better proof than what you are giving me. if you really want to try to prove your theory then why not talk about how naruto got the thousand years of death when the others didnt? or how kakashi should've made time to train naruto to become team leader since he wanted to become hokage and his dad was the 4th. i'm just saying i think those are much better reasons than i don't like how kakashi did his job as a teacher. no one complain about his teaching except you. naruto would've said something if kakashi didn't teach him anything.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #74
jasminegreen
Genin

Quote:
lol, kakashi said that to jaraiya about the rasengan because it is a very good move. i'm not saying his chodori isn't but rasengan is at a level rank. he said that to him because he feared that naruto might hurt sasuke as his teacher. he doesn't want naruto to become a killer.

About that passing on the torch it's a fail. you denounce jaraiya had the responsibilty to teach naruto from the start. yet he should take over after kakashi got him to a certain point. thanks man, you are really smart. it's unbelievable how you are twisting some of these events.

my opinion is this you can blame who ever but at the end of the day naruto will take responsibilty. he should've started listening to his teachers more instead of clowning around. after iruka showed his kindness naruto became more interested in becoming a leaf shinobi. so after that if naruto wanted private lessons then naruto should've found better spare time than right before his match to ask kakashi.

i need better proof than what you are giving me. if you really want to try to prove your theory then why not talk about how naruto got the thousand years of death when the others didnt? or how kakashi should've made time to train naruto to become team leader since he wanted to become hokage and his dad was the 4th. i'm just saying i think those are much better reasons than i don't like how kakashi did his job as a teacher. no one complain about his teaching except you. naruto would've said something if kakashi didn't teach him anything.
No one except me is complaining on the thread, yes. But in other threads online, people agree that Kakash was a crap teacher. Well, another example, Naruto was the only one Kakashi ever hit or put down for the matter. Or, if Kakashi knew Naruto's basics were bad, why didn't he say anything until the Chunin exam. Why would he wait that long to tell Naruto that his basics were a mess?
Old 09-26-2008, 04:54 PM   #75
Sauron
Chuunin

Quote:
No one except me is complaining on the thread, yes. But in other threads online, people agree that Kakash was a crap teacher. Well, another example, Naruto was the only one Kakashi ever hit or put down for the matter. Or, if Kakashi knew Naruto's basics were bad, why didn't he say anything until the Chunin exam. Why would he wait that long to tell Naruto that his basics were a mess?
rofl you were already told this plus in the manga and know naruto's character we all know why. naruto forgets alot of things that are told to him he has to exprience or do on his own. people online don't make up the people i meant. i meant naruto, sasuke , the hokage, iruka, etc.

i made the point about naruto being the only given the finger jutsu in the butt. all i can say is he maybe felt close to naruto? who really knows but let's not talk about stuff like that cause jaraiya wanted naruto to be a girl. but really i haven't seen any proof except for a really dumb arguement about what you don't like about kakashi's training methods. that is your choice but nothing to prove they are bad because he produced really strong students. and i talking mentally.