The Anime/Manga Pairings FC - Page 67 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Fanclub Central > Official Fanclubs

Official Fanclubs View the official fanclubs of the forums and join them if you wish.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #991
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough
Re: The Anime/Manga Pairings FC

But they don't think about the characters' feelings at all!!! It's basically mix-and-match to them! These are supposed to be RELATIONSHIPS, not CLOTHING COMBINATIONS! People don't work like that!

want to see what FC's I'm in? click V
I'MNOTCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2008, 06:47 AM   #992
ralatone
Chuunin

ralatone is on a distinguished road

Actually, sometimes it is about feelings, whether they're cannon or not. It's about how the feelings would be displayed due to the change of the pair. Kinda like ShikaTema having a certain type of vibe due to their personalties maxing, compared to ShikIno which would do the same only differently due to the mixture. It's basically all about how characters interact differently with one another and thats what drives some people to see at times.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:54 AM   #993
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough

...like the vibe you get from someone wearing a \polo, madras shorts, shades, and sandals... he's a bro.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #994
angelsakura18
Academy Student

angelsakura18 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralatone View Post
Yeah, of course you can use them. Their free to all the members of the club.
okey~! thanks^^

A Proud member of...
NaruHina FC

The Anime/Manga Pairings FC

Hyuuga Hinata FC

~ The NEW Uchiha Sasuke Fanclub ~
angelsakura18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #995
ralatone
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'MNOTCRAZY View Post
...like the vibe you get from someone wearing a \polo, madras shorts, shades, and sandals... he's a bro.
Um, actually no. That's like totally wrong...

Mixing and matching clothes is nothing like mixing and matching people...
Old 09-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #996
nagato27
Chuunin

nagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Exactly...though alot of the pairings in anime n manga are alot like mixing n matching clothes with people...as fans minds go wild with the pairing possibilities...though of the mangas that seem to be more based on that mahou sensei negima is probadly the best as I feel that particular part of the story is what is determining the eventual n ultimate plot...

Who the HELL do you think We ARE???!!!(Dai Gurren Brigade- Gurren Lagann)

Where the leaves fall...Fire will burn. That is the WILL of FIRE in Konoha.

Member of Anime/Manga Pairings Fanclub
Member of Final Fantasy FC
Member of Team 07 Fan Club
nagato27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:12 AM   #997
Otachii
Academy Student

Otachii is on a distinguished road

...Well I'm lost as to what the current conversation is about, something about clothing people. >_>

I got a new topic though, sort of a fun little game I like to play. You know those AMVs that pair characters with songs that fit them? Ya know, the theme song ones! Well I like to do that for my favorite pairings and I thought it'd be fun to let you guys join in if you want.

Just pic your favorite couples and a song you think fits them and their relationship! Provide links to the song or lyrics if you can and want to.

I'll go first (and last depends on if anyone wants to play);

Neji & Hinata- Anywhere by Evanescence

Kakashi & Sakura- Siren by Tori Amos

Inuyasha and Kagome- Don't Let Go by Sarah Mclachlan and Bryan Adams

Well I have a lot more but I'll just do the tip of the iceburg so I'm not here all day. xP

•○feel something, feel nothing○• Wide open ears •○listen closely, listen closely○•
Disarm the dream tickler in the constant moment
You will find me where it's quiet
•○listen closely, listen closely○•
Let the blood flow through all the spaces •○of the universe○•

Groups I Belong to:

:The Anime/Manga Pairings FC:
:The Rock Lee FC:
:The Haruno Sakura FC:
Otachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #998
Otachii
Academy Student

Having just taken the oppurtunity to read back to what I miss I gotta say... I really don't get where you're coming from I'MNOTCRAZY. You're talking about mixing and matching pairings for the heck of it and not taking the characters honest feelings into consideration when thinking up couples yet you're an avid NaruHina fan. Naruto has never showed any sort of romantic interest what-so-ever in Hinata yet you ship the pairing. It's 'cause you think they work well together and have a connection isn't it? Well that's how I feel about KakaSaku and NejiHina.

The point that I'm getting at is that it's all about perception, it's about how YOU feel and though someone else may not get it and say it doesn't make sense to you it makes sense. That's why most people ship the pairings they do, not just because they're throwing random people together for the hell of it. Though of course to be fair there is a lot of pair-whoring out there so I do see what you're getting at. All I'm saying is just 'cause yopu don't get it doesn't mean that there's no sentimental meaning behind it.

Though I'm on Crazy's side on this one... NaruSumo is just people throwing pairings together randomly like an outfit. We know nothing about this woman besides the fact that she's well endowed (which FYI Naruto has never really shown any signs of caring about) so how can anyone say they'd make a good match?

•○feel something, feel nothing○• Wide open ears •○listen closely, listen closely○•

Groups I Belong to:

Old 09-30-2008, 08:34 PM   #999
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

Quote:

yes, that person IS a bro.

My point is that people treat these characters as clothes, mixing and matching them as such.

@Otachii: You've GOT to be kidding me. At the very least it's one sided on Hinata's part and Naruto has been extremely cheered up whenever they have a conversation. If that's not good enough basis for a pairing, then I don't know what is! What I'm talking about is something like... GaaHina. It's TOTALLY insane as they've never even seen to each other, not to mention they've never talked once! That's the kind of thing I'm referring to when I say people mix and match characters just to see the effect of the personality interaction. No feelings of either character are put into consideration, nor are facts like if the characters have even INTERACTED.

I can understand where you're coming from with "meaning" and such, like with NejiHina, but I still think it's rather crack-ish, considering Hinata's feelings. Personally, this is how I do my pairing rankings:

Canon:
  • actual couple in manga (example: AsuKure)
  • one character has feelings for the other (or from both sides) (example: NaruHina)

Fanon:
  • little/no character interaction, but has character chemistry (example: KakaAnko)
  • high ammount of character interaction, character chemistry, but one (maybe both) character loves another outside character (example: KibaHina)

Crack
  • no character chemistry, no interaction (example: NaruSumo)
  • high ammount of character interaction, but no chemistry, and one (maybe both) character loves another outside character (example: NejiHina)
  • character chemistry, but little/no character interaction, and one character (maybe both) loves another outside character (example: can't think of one)

Old 09-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #1000
Otachii
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'MNOTCRAZY View Post
@Otachii: You've GOT to be kidding me. At the very least it's one sided on Hinata's part and Naruto has been extremely cheered up whenever they have a conversation. If that's not good enough basis for a pairing, then I don't know what is! What I'm talking about is something like... GaaHina. It's TOTALLY insane as they've never even seen to each other, not to mention they've never talked once! That's the kind of thing I'm referring to when I say people mix and match characters just to see the effect of the personality interaction. No feelings of either character are put into consideration, nor are facts like if the characters have even INTERACTED.

I can understand where you're coming from with "meaning" and such, like with NejiHina, but I still think it's rather crack-ish, considering Hinata's feelings. Personally, this is how I do my pairing rankings:

Canon:
  • actual couple in manga (example: AsuKure)
  • one character has feelings for the other (or from both sides) (example: NaruHina)

Fanon:
  • little/no character interaction, but has character chemistry (example: KakaAnko)
  • high ammount of character interaction, character chemistry, but one (maybe both) character loves another outside character (example: KibaHina)

Crack
  • no character chemistry, no interaction (example: NaruSumo)
  • high ammount of character interaction, but no chemistry, and one (maybe both) character loves another outside character (example: NejiHina)
  • character chemistry, but little/no character interaction, and one character (maybe both) loves another outside character (example: can't think of one)

Well yeah it's so obvious that Hinata digs on Naruto, I thought you meant both characters had obvious feelings for each other. If that had to be the criteria I'd be screwed. xD

I've got an example for

Quote:
[*]character chemistry, but little/no character interaction, and one character (maybe both) loves another outside character (example: can't think of one)
Temari & Sasuke... that's one couple I just don't get. They seem compatible but I think they'd end up killing each other in the end.

Groups I Belong to:

Old 09-30-2008, 11:31 PM   #1001
ralatone
Chuunin

1000 posts for the club ^_^ yay!

also, sorry otachii, I tried finding songs to pair up wit my faviorite couples, but I guess I just cant think of which would fit together...

Last edited by ralatone; 09-30-2008 at 11:34 PM.
ralatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #1002
Otachii
Academy Student

W00T! Otachii had the 1,000th post! -Victory stance upon some random giant pillar that suddenly appears out of no where.-

Aw, that's alright Ralatone, it's not easy finding and choosing one song that fits a pairing perfectly. I have multiple songs for my pairings but that's mostly because everything that's going on between them is in my warped brain. xD

Groups I Belong to:

Old 10-03-2008, 02:13 AM   #1003
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otachii View Post
Having just taken the oppurtunity to read back to what I miss I gotta say... I really don't get where you're coming from I'MNOTCRAZY. You're talking about mixing and matching pairings for the heck of it and not taking the characters honest feelings into consideration when thinking up couples yet you're an avid NaruHina fan. Naruto has never showed any sort of romantic interest what-so-ever in Hinata yet you ship the pairing. It's 'cause you think they work well together and have a connection isn't it? Well that's how I feel about KakaSaku and NejiHina.

The point that I'm getting at is that it's all about perception, it's about how YOU feel and though someone else may not get it and say it doesn't make sense to you it makes sense. That's why most people ship the pairings they do, not just because they're throwing random people together for the hell of it. Though of course to be fair there is a lot of pair-whoring out there so I do see what you're getting at. All I'm saying is just 'cause yopu don't get it doesn't mean that there's no sentimental meaning behind it.

Though I'm on Crazy's side on this one... NaruSumo is just people throwing pairings together randomly like an outfit. We know nothing about this woman besides the fact that she's well endowed (which FYI Naruto has never really shown any signs of caring about) so how can anyone say they'd make a good match?
Yep Yep..this is pairing fandom ni a nutshell. Good oobservations.
And as for NaruSumo..I'll remind everyone that I meant it as a crack pairing that I think would be hot, but of course not seriously.

Member of the Super Smash Bro's Brawl Club
Highspeed0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #1004
Otachii
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highspeed0516 View Post
Yep Yep..this is pairing fandom ni a nutshell. Good oobservations.
And as for NaruSumo..I'll remind everyone that I meant it as a crack pairing that I think would be hot, but of course not seriously.
Thank you, I have my moments. xP

I guess as a cracked-out pairing NaruSumo would be hot... but I have trouble imagining Naruto in any sort of relationship that strong feelings aren't involved in. To me, Naruto always seemed like the soft-hearted lovey-dovey type. Sure he has a bit of a pervert inside him, sexy jutsu is proof of that, but he seems like he's more out to fall in love then get laid. But he's human (well technically he's a state-of-mind brought to existence in a drawing) and more importantly male and has his needs so it's not too far fetched. xP

Groups I Belong to:

Old 10-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #1005
ralatone
Chuunin

Topic: for those who read one piece...if any of you ? What pairings would you think would be possible or would like to see even if they are unlikely ?

I think Luffy paired with anyone would be pretty intresting to watch, also I wonder how Sanji would act if he had to be commited.