Ichigo's bankai - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Bleach Series > Bleach Anime

Bleach Anime Talk about the anime series of Bleach here! Remember, this is anime online. No manga!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
Yondaime28
Academy Student

Yondaime28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Ichigo's bankai

I'm watching Bleach and thinking about Ichigo's bankai. He kinda looks like the Old guy in his sword, right? Also, I don't think he is using his full potential in bankai. So I was thinking, if Ichigo used his full potential in bankai mode would he end up looking like the old man all the way?

I also like Hinata!
Yondaime28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2008, 06:24 AM   #2
KatrinaKatt
▫◊▫ Uchiha Kitty ▫◊▫

KatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the rough
Re: Ichigo's bankai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime28 View Post
I'm watching Bleach and thinking about Ichigo's bankai. He kinda looks like the Old guy in his sword, right? Also, I don't think he is using his full potential in bankai. So I was thinking, if Ichigo used his full potential in bankai mode would he end up looking like the old man all the way?
I don't read into Bleach exactly as much as I do Naruto, but.... As I understand it, Bankai draws out the (for the lack of a better word) "person in the sword" -- Many people talk about how their Sword's personality is lazy, stubborn.. etc.

As such, when Ichigo uses Bankai he takes on the appearance (roughly) of Zangetsu (the name of the guy in the sword). The interesting thing, as far as I know, is that excluding fillers, Ichigo is the only one with a Bankai that doesn't summon the person "out of the sword".

Clearly the series isn't over, and Ichigo has sorta hit a wall on his *cough* "power" or skill, he has to go up further in order to take on Vasto Lords if they ever show up. I think because of that, he will inevitably discover something more to draw out the sword more.

All I can say, is I'm a bit tired of hearing "Getsuga Tenshou" or whatever over, and over, and over again. Reminds me of Inuyasha a bit, where he basically Spams "Windscar" for virtually half the series.

---

Short answer: Yes, he will get better. He has to

Keep in mind that one captain said somewhere that Bankai should take 10 years of training to fully master before someone should use it in battle.

Uchiha Kitty ^.^
WARNING: Looking into her eyes MAY forcefully cause you to add to her Reputation
(And, receive some back as a result!... Make sure to leave your name!)

Mission: Deliver this Top Secret Scroll
Do not open!

Bzzzzzt!

As you open the scroll you realize it's a trap! A bright light flashes, and you feel the uncontrollable urge to pass Reputation to KatrinaKatt.

Hours later, after the scroll's power wears off on you, you realize what had happened. "Darn it!! That Uchiha Kitty got me again!"

Curiosity killed the Cat, after all.

Last edited by KatrinaKatt; 10-18-2008 at 06:25 AM.
KatrinaKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #3
CrimsoneyesSharingan
Genin

CrimsoneyesSharingan is on a distinguished roadCrimsoneyesSharingan is on a distinguished road

And, the only other person who master their bankai in 3 days is Urahara-san (that's if Yoruichi-san learned it that way) with that training method. Plus, he haven't learn to fully control his hollow either. Once he does, one of Espada, Ulquiorra "Ichigo Kurosaki's power constantly fluctuates between comparatively very weak and far stronger than my own."
CrimsoneyesSharingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

If he is going to uberGod Aizen, he's gotta find several more power ups.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #5
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease View Post
If he is going to uberGod Aizen, he's gotta find several more power ups.
Agreed. Maybe after ichigo unlocks his full hollow potential he will finaly learn to control his spirit energy. With the length of his sword and his speed, icihigo could be bad ass at battojutsu.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:48 AM   #6
Whitefang12
10th Squad Captain

Whitefang12 is an unknown quantity at this point

His Bankai is Not Completed He did it in Just 3 days
He And Urahara Kisuke

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens Hyourinmaru
Owner of the Hitsugaya FC
Proud Member of the Akatsuki FC
Member of the Final Fantasy FC
Whitefang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 AM   #7
vish_
Academy Student

vish_ is an unknown quantity at this point

nopq498 you suck!!!!!!!!
ichigo still doesn't knows how to use a cero
that would be a great booster
maybe later on he could summon his inner hollow and they can fight together
you know byakuya did something else with his bankai with the epsada
he attacked with all the blades at once
where as with ichigo.. he said he could attack with only one blade at once

Last edited by vish_; 01-08-2009 at 07:36 AM.
vish_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
phisig2122
Academy Student

phisig2122 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Ichigo's bankai still has a long way to go. He learned in a rush, we all can agree on that. They even mentioned how it takes years upon years of training to fully master your bankai. I think we mostly are just seeing him tap into his power without much focus.

Byakuya, Hitsy, Renji, Urahara and other have multiple attacks with their swords/bankai because of years of training and mastery of their shingami powers. (Don't know for sure Urahar's bankai yet, but he has to have someone awesome up his sleeve or under his hat)

Ichigo needs hardcore training on mastering his shingami powers, which he really hasn't had since Urahara trained him.

Vizards trained him to control his mask and tap into is Hollow Powers. The rest of his training has been field experience and finding sneaky ways to release his GT in his opponents face.
phisig2122 is offline   Reply With Quote