Teen who ran away over Xbox found dead in field - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2008, 04:08 AM   #1
The Assassins Curse
The Coffee Man

The Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the rough
Teen who ran away over Xbox found dead in field

Quote:
A TEENAGED boy who ran away from home after his father took away his Xbox game console has been found dead in a field.

Brandon Crisp, 15, took off on his bicycle from his Barrie, Ontario home on October 13, sparking a huge police search with help of 1600 volunteers that turned up no clues except for his abandoned bicycle with a flat tyre.

Xbox-maker Microsoft and others had offered a $C50,000 ($62,000) reward for information on his whereabouts.

Yesterday, police said only that hunters had found a body in the search area.

The daily Toronto Star said on its website that Brandon's parents had been notified it was their son, and students at his school were told the news at an assembly.

Brandon's father previously said he had removed Brandon's Xbox after noticing changes in his behaviour since Brandon started playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare online.

The boy started skipping school, stealing money and ignoring his studies, his father said.

In an interview with the daily Globe and Mail, the boy's father, Steve Crisp, said he had not known how important the gaming system was to his son and how he would react when it was taken away.

Experts commented that gamers may form bonds with fellow online players.

"This had become his identity, and I didn't realise how in-depth this was until I took his Xbox away,'' Mr Crisp told the Globe and Mail.

"That's like cutting his legs off.''

"This is such an issue that hits every parent out there, with video games that are starting to control our kids' lives,'' he said.

"I just took away his identity, so I can understand why he got so mad and took off. Before, I couldn't understand why he was taking off for taking his game away.''

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...92-952,00.html
I knew this would happen as soon as they said he ran away just because his parents took away his Xbox. Pretty dumb reason to run away if you ask me.

Last edited by The Assassins Curse; 11-06-2008 at 04:11 AM.
The Assassins Curse is offline   Reply With Quote