Teen who ran away over Xbox found dead in field - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 11-06-2008, 04:08 AM   #1
The Assassins Curse
The Coffee Man

The Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the rough
Teen who ran away over Xbox found dead in field

Quote:
A TEENAGED boy who ran away from home after his father took away his Xbox game console has been found dead in a field.

Brandon Crisp, 15, took off on his bicycle from his Barrie, Ontario home on October 13, sparking a huge police search with help of 1600 volunteers that turned up no clues except for his abandoned bicycle with a flat tyre.

Xbox-maker Microsoft and others had offered a $C50,000 ($62,000) reward for information on his whereabouts.

Yesterday, police said only that hunters had found a body in the search area.

The daily Toronto Star said on its website that Brandon's parents had been notified it was their son, and students at his school were told the news at an assembly.

Brandon's father previously said he had removed Brandon's Xbox after noticing changes in his behaviour since Brandon started playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare online.

The boy started skipping school, stealing money and ignoring his studies, his father said.

In an interview with the daily Globe and Mail, the boy's father, Steve Crisp, said he had not known how important the gaming system was to his son and how he would react when it was taken away.

Experts commented that gamers may form bonds with fellow online players.

"This had become his identity, and I didn't realise how in-depth this was until I took his Xbox away,'' Mr Crisp told the Globe and Mail.

"That's like cutting his legs off.''

"This is such an issue that hits every parent out there, with video games that are starting to control our kids' lives,'' he said.

"I just took away his identity, so I can understand why he got so mad and took off. Before, I couldn't understand why he was taking off for taking his game away.''

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...92-952,00.html
I knew this would happen as soon as they said he ran away just because his parents took away his Xbox. Pretty dumb reason to run away if you ask me.

Last edited by The Assassins Curse; 11-06-2008 at 04:11 AM.
The Assassins Curse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2008, 04:27 AM   #2
Avian
Jounin

Avian will become famous soon enoughAvian will become famous soon enoughAvian will become famous soon enough
Re: Teen who ran away over Xbox found dead in field

A fitting end for a spoiled brat!!

I hate spoiled little children!! They should be scarred emotionally for their stubborness!!

Uzumaki Naruto - Uchiha Sasuke
Wind Element - Fire/Lightning
Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, Chakra Manipulation - Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu, Chakra Manipulation
Rasengan- Chidori
Sage Mode, Rikoudo Mode - Perfect Mangekyu Sharingan

Last edited by Avian; 11-06-2008 at 04:28 AM.
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Must... obey... Bill Gates... buy more games... Vista is good... Apple is evil. Must kill Steve Jobs... obey the overlord

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:22 AM   #4
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

Wow....

"DAD!!! I WAS ABOUT TO PWN SOME MORE N00BS!!! GIVE ME BACK MY XBOX BEFORE I HAXX0R5 YOU!!!!!

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:17 AM   #5
Teh Big One
I am an Ass

Teh Big One is an unknown quantity at this point

And its idiots like that that give us gamers bad rep.
Teh Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:05 PM   #6
Sevi
Toothpick

Sevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to behold

^ My thoughts exactly.

This type of retarded behavior is precisely why some people think videogames are evil and degenerating.

Why'd he die?
I mean, cause of death?
Sevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #7
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,471 Times in 3,663 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Lol, what a tosser. He's become An Hero and a meme though, so it's all good.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:18 PM   #8
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

freaking n00b
if he was really good at CoD 4
then he would have merked those
hunters
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #9
Kilik 64
Dragon Quest ftw

Kilik 64 is on a distinguished roadKilik 64 is on a distinguished road

His son needed to develop a social life outside of game. The dad made the right call by taking the games away.
Kilik 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #10
Ryuzo™
Hidden Shinobi

Ryuzo™ is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok...I love X-Box Live and everything...but that is a little much...

I met a guy online in Halo 2 who had to be institutionalized for assaulting his own sister...irony at its best...
Old 11-08-2008, 03:57 AM   #11
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░

Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold

wow, what a complete bag of douche.

I would also like to know the cause of death, cuz im assuming suicide.
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:06 AM   #12
The Assassins Curse
The Coffee Man

The Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
wow, what a complete bag of douche.

I would also like to know the cause of death, cuz im assuming suicide.
They never gave out the cause of death but we all know he was killed by his own stupidity.
The Assassins Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:32 AM   #13
kluang
One Punch Man

kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

no matter what, they will be idiots thatill give gamers bad rep

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:43 AM   #14
shadow_moon
ANBU

shadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the rough

he really love his x-box...
Old 11-08-2008, 06:48 AM   #15
kluang
One Punch Man

he really loves bill gates.