Looking for a book... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Literature

Literature Talk about books that you have read.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
Otachii
Academy Student

Otachii is on a distinguished road
Looking for a book...

Okay so I'm on the search for a book I read in seventh grade and for the life of me I can't find it! Most likely it's because I can't remember the title or the author of said book so I'm hoping someone out there has read it and will recognize my description and will be able to tell me the title and/or author. >_>; And if not at least some of you will get a good laugh at my expense. -_-

Okay, so the book is about this group of teens that through some odd series of events that I don't recall find themselves trapped in a mystical fantasy world on the search for one of the boys' in the group girlfriend whose some sort of witch or something. The weird thing is that even though the kids are in this fantasy world somehow they are still living their lives in the real world, (kinda like their bodies are on auto pilot) and when they go to sleep in the fantasy world they find themselves back in the real world living out their lives and are brought back to the fantasy world whenever they wake up. That's all I really remember except for one part where the kids get captured by vikings and are forced to entertain them and end up singing Killing me Softly. >_>

Apparently there's a book called A Wrinkle in Time that's got a similar storyline or something 'cause that's the one I keep coming across in my search yet it's not the right book. I'm thinking that maybe the one I read was a remake 'cause I swear that was the name of the book but I just don't know! >_< It's been five years, I can't remember that far back. ._.

Someone out there had to have read that damn book besides me, there's no way I dreamed it up! Somebody, anybody HELP MEEE! PAH-LEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!~! ;_______;

•○feel something, feel nothing○• Wide open ears •○listen closely, listen closely○•
Disarm the dream tickler in the constant moment
You will find me where it's quiet
•○listen closely, listen closely○•
Let the blood flow through all the spaces •○of the universe○•

Groups I Belong to:

:The Anime/Manga Pairings FC:
:The Rock Lee FC:
:The Haruno Sakura FC:
Otachii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #2
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for a book...

Never heard of it, sorry.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:11 AM   #3
WarhammerS
Chuunin

WarhammerS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
Never heard of it, sorry.
+1

sounds good, it sounds like it would be a good manga or anime...
tell us the name when you find out.
WarhammerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
Otachii
Academy Student

Otachii is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarhammerS View Post
+1

sounds good, it sounds like it would be a good manga or anime...
tell us the name when you find out.
I did find it! Went to the library and sat there for three hours searching the shelves, couldn't find it. Went back the next day to a different section of the library, turned around and there it was staring me in the face!

The series is called Everworld and though the series isn't all that old the books are apparently out of publish 'cause I can't find anything but used ones which bought all together off Amazon would have cost me $80 so I couldn't buy them. They're at the library though, I'm sure you could find them at one where you live. The first book in the series is called The Search For Senna and there are twelve books in all.

I'm only on the second because I had to wait for the first to come in and now I'm waiting on the third but the stories getting good. You should all read it if interested!

•○feel something, feel nothing○• Wide open ears •○listen closely, listen closely○•
Disarm the dream tickler in the constant moment
You will find me where it's quiet
•○listen closely, listen closely○•
Let the blood flow through all the spaces •○of the universe○•

Groups I Belong to:

:The Anime/Manga Pairings FC:
:The Rock Lee FC:
:The Haruno Sakura FC:
Otachii is offline   Reply With Quote