9-Year-Old Writes Book on How to Talk to Girls - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 12-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of
9-Year-Old Writes Book on How to Talk to Girls

"I wrote the book of love," Greven says.
Quote:
He's only 9, but this pint-sized pickup artist already knows plenty about pleasing the ladies.

So much, in fact, that Alec Greven's dating primer, "How to Talk to Girls" - which began as a handwritten, $3 pamphlet sold at his school book fair - hit the shelves nationwide last week.

The fourth-grader from Castle Rock, Colo., advises Lothario wannabes to stop showing off, go easy on the compliments to avoid looking desperate - and be wary of "pretty girls."

"It is easy to spot pretty girls because they have big earrings, fancy dresses and all the jewelry," he writes in Chapter Three.

"Pretty girls are like cars that need a lot of oil."

He advises, "The best choice for most boys is a regular girl. Remember, some pretty girls are coldhearted when it comes to boys. Don't let them get to you."

Over a few Shirley Temples yesterday at Langan's on West 47 Street, Alec said that he culled his wisdom by peeking at his peers at play.

"I saw a lot of boys that had trouble talking to girls," Alec said.

As for his how-to, he concedes, "I never expected people to buy it like a regular book in a bookstore."

But with classic plain-spoken advice - like "comb your hair and don't wear sweats" - it's no surprise his 46-page book was a hit with boys and girls of all ages.

He believes the best way to approach a girl is to keep it to a simple "hi."

"If I say hi and you say hi back, we're probably off to a good start," he said.

As for his own love life, he said he is not dating anyone at the moment. "I'm a little too young," he confessed.

In his book, published by HarperCollins, he suggests holding off on falling in love until at least middle school.

Dating - which he defines as going out to dinner without your parents - is for "kind of old" people, who are 15 or 16.

Officials at the Soaring Hawk Elementary School said he wrote the book - which was the runaway bestseller at its book fair - for kids, but believe anyone can find inspiration in it.

Alec's mother, Erin Greven, credits her son's beyond-his-years insight to his avid reading.

"He reads nonstop. At dinner, I say, 'Put your book down,' " she said.

Alec - who just finished a children's book on the Watergate scandal - said he wants to be a full-time writer when he grows up, with a weekend job in archaeology or paleontology.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12022008...ove_141817.htm
Sharingan Lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
Teh Big One
I am an Ass

Teh Big One is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 9-Year-Old Writes Book on How to Talk to Girls

Lol wow.

I have nothing to say to that. I mean fucking WOW.

Teh Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

Thanked 1,398 Times in 877 Posts
-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough

no crap 9 year-old most be one hell of a player-
Old 12-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #4
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

I'd tap that.

Disclaimer: The above statement does not reflect the ideas of Uchiha_Kina, she would like all of you to understand the thought of having intercourse with a nine-year-old is wrong and disgusts her. Thank you.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

looks like im buying another book, should beable to pick up on chicks now

SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
Sevi
Toothpick

Sevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to behold

Lol

Future Hugh Hefner here. xD
Sevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #7
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Mashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Alec's mother, Erin Greven, credits her son's beyond-his-years insight to his avid reading.
Insight my arse. "Brush your hair and don't wear sweats." Enlightening stuff.

Quote:
As for his own love life, he said he is not dating anyone at the moment. "I'm a little too young," he confessed.
It's like a duckling teaching his peers about the joys of being a swan.
Most self-help books are lame, and to buy one by an author without any dealings with the topic he's writing about, makes you soar to some incomprehensible level of douchebaggery.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Hi mashy!!!!

If you say hi we are on a good start

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #9
Kaine
Ch-Check It Out

Kaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud of

damn now people take tips how to talk t women from a 9 year old....I blame enviromental polution...

DE FUCK YOU GUYS
DE FUCK!
Kaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #10
Gamer
Genin

Gamer is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess ima go say "hi" to my principle and we'll start dating W00T!!!

Thank You, you 9 yr old book-writing prodigy
Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #11
LonelyNinja

A children's version of the Watergate scandal? There's no way he's doing this on his own. Still, I think the concept of a nine-year-old writing an advice book is amusing.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #12
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

first i dont think hes writing it on his own, if he is its kinda strange for a 9 year old. Dating advice? write about power rangers or something. and also no offense but i think his insight only goes so far seeing as hes only nine
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:27 AM   #13
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░

Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold

lol 9 yr old nerd asked his dad for advice on a school project and got famous for it

oops
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:53 AM   #14
Scythe Master
I am potassium

Scythe Master is an unknown quantity at this point

Hehe, you guys are a lot more accepting of this guy compared to the guys on the other forum (that I go to). Of course that's mainly due to one opinionated meatbag who doesn't think a 9 year old should, would or could do this.

Frankly, I say there are at least 100 other better topics he could've wrote about.

"What the hell am I meant to do with this, Yondaime"

Sandaime, cursing his successor that he has to give up his pensioners benefits and go back to work.

Last edited by Scythe Master; 12-04-2008 at 06:53 AM. Reason: For edit=FTW
Scythe Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:03 AM   #15
cursed_oblivion
Chuunin

cursed_oblivion is on a distinguished road

I bet the kid's gonna be quite the heartbreaker when he grows up.

The thought of a nine-year-old giving advice to grown-up losers is quite funny.