2012 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #16
ThyMaiden
I like it dirty 24/7
 
ThyMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: At the gates of Midian... yes thats in greenland... lol
Age: 22
Posts: 261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
ThyMaiden is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
"I predict that tomorrow George Washington will come back to life, and he will fly on a hoverbike to Washington D.C. and kick George Bush's ass."

"That is impossible. hoverbikes don't even exist right now."

"You are wrong. I have commercials on TV channels, which proves I am a valid psychic. George Washington will ride on a hoverbike."

"Wait, how will George Washington rise from the dead?"

"Trumpets will sound all over the earth and the Big Ben will suddenly collapse, along with the parliament building."

"Seriously, there is no way this will happen. The Big Ben is extremely strong."

"Yes, but this earthquake will be OVAR 9000 on the Richter scale. Obviously this will not be a natural cause."

"I sort of agree with you when you talk about all of this, but I don't think it will be George Washington who rises from the dead, it will be Benedict Arnold!"

Finally RNB comes to save the day:

Seriously, this thread is by far one of the most retarded things I have ever heard of. What evidence is there at all that the Mayans calendar is correct? None. Even if there are hints that they predicted a couple of movements, that does not prove that the other 99% of the claims of the calendar are true. Why would you even have to debate about the calendar when you could just mention that there is no hard evidence that the world will end anytime soon?


Merlyn isn't a real person. He is from the legends of Arthur.
not him
I mean the actual person from when the character was based from.
ThyMaiden is offline  


Old 12-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #17
Demi-God
BEST
 
Demi-God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,327
Thanks: 2,762
Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: 2012

Yah, he be talking about the Welsh dude Myrddin, though his deal is still very debatable.

Also, you've saved nothing.

Last edited by Demi-God; 12-29-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Demi-God is offline  
Old 09-21-2009, 01:40 AM   #18
uchihademon91
Chuunin
 
uchihademon91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 529
Thanks: 64
Thanked 123 Times in 93 Posts
uchihademon91 is on a distinguished roaduchihademon91 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012

there are other bases for this theory other than the mayan calendar.

ancient china had a book they used for predictions, had to do with series of lines that translated out to words through some system. dont remember the name of the book. they predicted a terrible event in 2012 around dec. if not dec. 21.

ya merlin.... the actual dude, also predicted this. was myrddin his actual name, i know it wasnt merlin.

nastrodamus coulda just been playin off these.

there are a few others who predicted that 2012 would have a major event. some were civilizations that never met in any form.

i saw this on the history channel... they had a 2012 special. i found it interesting. personally i believe something will happen 2012. of course nothing of absolute destruction. something more along the lines of an astrological shift, like a new alignment in the system. nothing that will effect the world too much, maybe a lil.

either way it doesnt matter to me. if we die if we dont die.
__________________
"We define reality as what we accept as truth and correct. What is truth, what is it to be correct."- Itachi Uchiha
uchihademon91 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to uchihademon91 For This Useful Post:
Tmoore (03-04-2012)
Old 09-21-2009, 05:33 AM   #19
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis
 
Tzu Men's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 713
Thanks: 4,008
Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
there are other bases for this theory other than the mayan calendar.
No less vague and more tenuous no doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
ancient china had a book they used for predictions, had to do with series of lines that translated out to words through some system. dont remember the name of the book. they predicted a terrible event in 2012 around dec. if not dec. 21.
Pretending for a moment that this alleged book does exist, anything derived from sequences in lines as a prediction will be a bogus as the Bible code. Also it's a pity translation of such old languages can hold much to interpretation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
ya merlin.... the actual dude, also predicted this. was myrddin his actual name, i know it wasnt merlin.
Myrddin Wyllt was also a madman, if were are to trust tenuous predictions such as his 2012 prophesy that traverses the pathetic 2012 sites, then he also predicted a successful Celtic uprising against the Normans. All that is really known historically about the man was that he probably did exist, all of his prophesies are likely to be yet more fiction from the Welsh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
nastrodamus coulda just been playin off these.
Pure speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
there are a few others who predicted that 2012 would have a major event. some were civilizations that never met in any form.
Was this according to a 2012 website or a tv history documentary?
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
i saw this on the history channel... they had a 2012 special. i found it interesting.
Oh. I guess they don't at all have a vested interest in producing such a programme and that most television documentaries are renowned for accuracy and in depth analysis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
personally i believe something will happen 2012. of course nothing of absolute destruction. something more along the lines of an astrological shift, like a new alignment in the system. nothing that will effect the world too much, maybe a lil.
It's not like a movement of one of the sun's many satellites occurs every year anyway. I wonder how astrology has managed to fool people for so long?
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
either way it doesnt matter to me. if we die if we dont die.
Then why revive an almost year old topic?
Tzu Men is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
Mal (09-21-2009), Miburo (09-21-2009)
Old 09-21-2009, 05:44 AM   #20
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silent Hill
Posts: 5,154
Thanks: 7,863
Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: 2012

Oh how I hope the end of the world really happens 2012 so that everyone gets trolled =)
Shrike is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
hackerumas (09-24-2009), Mal (09-21-2009), Miburo (09-21-2009), rokudaime_hokage (09-22-2009), Tmoore (03-04-2012), Vengeance (07-02-2010)
Old 09-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #21
uchihademon91
Chuunin
 
uchihademon91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 529
Thanks: 64
Thanked 123 Times in 93 Posts
uchihademon91 is on a distinguished roaduchihademon91 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu men View Post
No less vague and more tenuous no doubt.

Pretending for a moment that this alleged book does exist, anything derived from sequences in lines as a prediction will be a bogus as the Bible code. Also it's a pity translation of such old languages can hold much to interpretation.

Myrddin Wyllt was also a madman, if were are to trust tenuous predictions such as his 2012 prophesy that traverses the pathetic 2012 sites, then he also predicted a successful Celtic uprising against the Normans. All that is really known historically about the man was that he probably did exist, all of his prophesies are likely to be yet more fiction from the Welsh.

Pure speculation.

Was this according to a 2012 website or a tv history documentary?

Oh. I guess they don't at all have a vested interest in producing such a programme and that most television documentaries are renowned for accuracy and in depth analysis.

It's not like a movement of one of the sun's many satellites occurs every year anyway. I wonder how astrology has managed to fool people for so long?

Then why revive an almost year old topic?
any and all predictions are pretty vague.... although mayans had some pretty accurate predictions (maybe)

well of course they're gonna have a show thats in popular interest to the public, and play with the facts to benefit them. however there is little truth in it.

there are astrological alignments that occur once every 10,000 or 20,000 years. i believe theres one that happens once every 25000 some odd years and its supposed to happen around 2012. how ancient civilizations interpret some of these astrological "signs" varies. whether it be connected to their religion or their cultural way of life.


this topic is more than a year old, and is gonna be talked about until 2012 passes. i had an opinion on the subject and i saw this thread. sorry if i wasnt here when you guys started this thread. i was fuckin bored and saw this thread. im not saying that all or anything i posted was true, its just what i heard. it is a fact that this is what i heard, no where did i back up this info as being legit.
__________________
"We define reality as what we accept as truth and correct. What is truth, what is it to be correct."- Itachi Uchiha
uchihademon91 is offline  
Old 09-23-2009, 05:19 AM   #22
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,722
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2012

Our sun doesn't have the mass required to become a black hole.

YOU JUST GOT SCIENCE'D!
Mal is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
hackerumas (09-24-2009), Miburo (09-23-2009), Tmoore (03-04-2012), zer0systm (09-26-2009)
Old 09-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #23
kluang
One Punch Man
 
kluang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,404
Thanks: 3,166
Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2012

Why does people believe some Mayan grass wearing civilization calendar ends?

What? If those Egypt predicts some transforming robots from space build pyramids, people will believe too?
__________________









To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.



Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.






kluang is offline  
Old 09-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #24
rokudaime_hokage
Chuunin
 
rokudaime_hokage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 478
Thanks: 579
Thanked 177 Times in 96 Posts
rokudaime_hokage will become famous soon enoughrokudaime_hokage will become famous soon enough
Re: 2012

yes..........
rokudaime_hokage is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #25
naruto0510
Genin
 
naruto0510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oregon
Age: 19
Posts: 86
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
naruto0510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2012

that sucks because that is the year I graduate High School.
If the world ends on 2012, shouldn't there be signs like solar activity or earth-like activity? I think it is a bunch of bull. I seen people come to my house and give us shelter fliers for protection. What they didn't think out that if there is a solar flare... EVERYTHING WILL BURN. Some people think that it will happen because of Obama. For the love of "god"! Ignorant people annoy me...
naruto0510 is offline  
Old 09-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #26
prez420
Chuunin
 
prez420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 428
Thanks: 36
Thanked 81 Times in 53 Posts
prez420 is on a distinguished roadprez420 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012

First let me get this out of the way I don't think it really matters if the world ends in 2012 or the year 4012. We all live for the time we were destined to live because things like time don't mean much to God. What God wants is all of us to live each day as the day b4 we face him. Think about it, if you knew you would have to face God tomorrow would you live today the same as you if you knew you wouldn't have to face God for another 50 years? Of course you wouldn't. But to God time doesn't matter he sees your whole life at once. In other words everything you have done is as fresh in God's memory as if you done it only a minute ago. So the only way you can prepare is to accept the fact that things like the length of your life and when the world ends are meaningless b4 God because the entire span of the universe's history all happens instantly for God. There is no yesterday or tomorrow with God there is only now. I know the concept of no time can be hard for some people to grasp but I hope I explained it well enough.

Even the most skeptical person has to admit 2012 has a lot of interesting things happening that year. Take the supercollider in France/Switzerland that is coming online in 2012 it is the largest supercollider ever built and the scientist say that it can accelerate partials to 99.9% the speed of light and can create micro-black holes. The same scientist say that the black holes are so small that they will vanish almost instantly and cause no collateral damage but other scientist are saying if things don't go as they predicted a 1/4 of the planet can be destroyed instantly. I don't mean a 1/4 of humanity i mean a 1/4 of the whole planet kinda like cutting 1/4 slice of a pie and removing the slice. Thats not even the worst case scenario the worst case would be creating a black hole that keeps expanding until it consumes the entire solar system. Other things like our solar system entering the galactic plain on 2012 and causing the earth's magnetic field to weaken and solar activity to increase are also very interesting things that are all going to happen in 2012.


People like blaming God/Jesus for the end of the world and by proxy christians but thats just not true because according to the bible the end of the world comes because of humanity. Everything God say's is a sin is a sin for reason. Every single commandment of the 10 commandments has negative consequences for not following them. This is not opinion its fact. Most of them are pretty obvious like commandment 6 "You shall not murder." but breaking 1. " You shall have no other gods before me." and 2. "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything" are what really dooms humanity and most people don't understand why. Lets take commandment 1, breaking this commandment might not seem that bad cuz it appears God is just being selfish but breaking this commandment means you open yourself up to being tricked. Let me explain if everyone followed the 1st commandment it would be impossible for the anti-christ/beast to take over the planet because people would never accept the government having more power than God. It also means by proxy you will try to the best of your ability to adhere to the other 9 commandments because they are the rules of life given to you by the one and only God of existence and not even a fool wont stop and listen when the creator of everything says something is dangerous. Now for 2. It's pretty much worshiping the creation instead of worshiping the creator and this leaves you open to being influenced by satan because its his mission in life to tempt us away from God through earthly means such as lust greed envy etc.. Which in turn means you begin caring less and less about the other commandments and reach a point where they don't mean a thing to you anymore.

Anyway I know for a fact 2012 isn't the end because the bible says the world will have 7 years left after the anti-christ takes over so that means even if the anti-christ starts the world government and makes single world currency in 2012 the world will still have 7 years left. As for the mayan putting alot of weight on 2012 I think there might be some truth to it because Jesus might have came to the americas during the time he was gone after his resurrection to warn the peoples that would be wiped out before christianity reached them because Jesus loves everyone and wanted to give them a chance to be saved. Maybe the only way those peoples could understand what Jesus was telling was thru stellar events because each culture has its own way of doing things and Jesus would know that he would have to phrase his message differently depending on the people if everyone was to understand it. No one can be certain because Jesus himself said no one knows the time of the end except God. All we can really do is live our lives according to the example Jesus set for us and hope Jesus returns soon to save us from ourselves.
__________________

Last edited by prez420; 09-27-2009 at 06:11 AM.
prez420 is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 10:52 PM   #27
Akatsuki Shinobi
Guy with a bag of Oranges
 
Akatsuki Shinobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: canada
Posts: 1,700
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Akatsuki Shinobi is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012

universal joke, all the prophets thought it'd be funny to pick a date and bet to see if the world would freak out or just go about their ways, got the Mayans to do their stuff and here we are =P

hell, I know if I was a prophet I know I'd like to let people know my people had a sense of humor about Armageddon
__________________

my creations
AMV's
Uchiha rage 2.0
here
Fuuma revival amv
here
Grudge for my former sensei
here
Kimimaro's last dance
here
Temari Shinobi of the Wind
here
A hyuga's destiny
here
Black cat amv
Chronos's assault team Kerberos
here
Creed's power
here




proud member of The Geijutsuka Crew (TGC)
Akatsuki Shinobi is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #28
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,722
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki Shinobi View Post
universal joke, all the prophets thought it'd be funny to pick a date and bet to see if the world would freak out or just go about their ways, got the Mayans to do their stuff and here we are =P
No, I think this is it.


Just to throw more fuel on this (hilariously, still burning) fire:

In 1139, St. Malachy of Ireland was summoned to Rome by Pope Innocent II. While there, Malachy claimed to have experienced a vision of future popes. He wrote this vision down in the form of 112 short Latin phrases. Beginning with Pope Celestine II, every subsequent phrase has been linked in some way or another with each successive Pope right up until most recently, "Gloria olivae", Pope Benedict XVI.

Pope Benedict XVI is the penultimate pope of Malachy's vision. The next and longest of these predictions reads:

Quote:
During the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church, the seat will be occupied by
Peter the Roman, who will feed his sheep in many tribulations:
and when these things are finished, the seven-hilled city will be destroyed,
and the formidable Judge will judge his people.
The End.

Last edited by Mal; 09-29-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Mal is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 11:52 PM   #29
Akatsuki Shinobi
Guy with a bag of Oranges
 
Akatsuki Shinobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: canada
Posts: 1,700
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Akatsuki Shinobi is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012

awesome, I wouldn't mind talking to my bacon sometime, but other then that, you found quite the interesting bit of information there, well done
__________________

my creations
AMV's
Uchiha rage 2.0
here
Fuuma revival amv
here
Grudge for my former sensei
here
Kimimaro's last dance
here
Temari Shinobi of the Wind
here
A hyuga's destiny
here
Black cat amv
Chronos's assault team Kerberos
here
Creed's power
here




proud member of The Geijutsuka Crew (TGC)
Akatsuki Shinobi is offline  
Old 10-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #30
kluang
One Punch Man
 
kluang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,404
Thanks: 3,166
Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2012

Man if the mayan knew this 2012 bullshit will be like this, they will extend their calendar
__________________









To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.



Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.






kluang is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
rokudaime_hokage (10-21-2009)
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.