Disappointment Over Wii Gift Ends in Christmas Brawl - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 12-31-2008, 06:47 AM   #1
The Assassins Curse
The Coffee Man

The Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the rough
Disappointment Over Wii Gift Ends in Christmas Brawl

Quote:
A Portsmouth, N.H., couple was arrested on Christmas Day after a gift-giving miscue erupted into a violent fist fight, the Boston Herald reports.

Police arrested Heath Blom, 26, and Randi Young, 24, and charged both with assault after finding them bruised and battered at the South Street home they share with Blom’s grandparents.

According to Portsmouth police, Blom was disappointed when he did not receive the $1,000 airplane he had asked for from his grandparents, and was underwhelmed by the gift he received from Young: a Nintendo Wii video game console.

“When he didn’t get the plane, he got really upset. He acted like a 10-year-old kid,” Young told the Herald Friday.

Blom admitted to the paper that he had disparaged the Wii, angering his girlfriend, but said that he had asked his grandparents to buy him the plane next April for his birthday.

“You can’t fly an RC plane in the snow,” he said.

An argument ensued, and Young allegedly hid the gift and began packing her bags. Insults flew, and a fist fight between the two allegedly ended in a two-story tumble down the stairs.

“He dragged me down two flights of stairs, by the hair”, Young claimed on Friday.

But Blom said, “I stood in the doorway trying to block her. She punched me in the eye. She punched me three times. I said ‘That’s it.’ And I pulled her hair.”
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...23/detail.html

so the BF was an ungrateful asshole who because he didn't get the plane he wanted and got a Wii instead threw a tantrum, got mad and hit his GF? That is fucked up, someone should take a bat to the BF's head.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
Joaquin8911

Joaquin8911 is on a distinguished road
Re: Disappointment Over Wii Gift Ends in Christmas Brawl

A 26 years old guy? haha, what a guy, he must be retarded, even a 10 years old child would atc a bit more mature.

There are some crasy people out there...
Joaquin8911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:22 AM   #3
Miburo

I'd beat a person's ass if they gave me a Wii too.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

thats supergay. all i can think that describes him
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:56 PM   #5
Sevi
Toothpick

Sevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to beholdSevi is a splendid one to behold

Lol
Who buys a $1000 RC Plane?
Sevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
The Assassins Curse
The Coffee Man

The Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevi View Post
Lol
Who buys a $1000 RC Plane?
An immature bum who wants to look like a big shot.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #7
CamzyD
Chuunin

CamzyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaquin8911 View Post
A 26 years old guy? haha, what a guy, he must be retarded, even a 10 years old child would atc a bit more mature.

There are some crasy people out there...
LOL
forget a ten year old, even some five year olds would act a bit more mature

what an ungrateful mofo-sure the wii may not be the greatest but at least he got something-feel sorry for the grandparents
CamzyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #8
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,665 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Finally, someone doing something stupid after getting a Wii that isn't actually playing it.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #9
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

Totally understandable on the man's part. If it had been a PS3 or 360, this wouldn't have happened.

ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #10
jeanericuser
Predictomatic 9000

Thanked 1,063 Times in 238 Posts
jeanericuser will become famous soon enoughjeanericuser will become famous soon enoughjeanericuser will become famous soon enough

I have to agree with the guy on this one though starting a brawl was not such a good idea. The wii is nice for little kids, baby boomers, and casual gamers but if you are actually interested in some thing else than maybe its some what of an insult to get such a present. Its like giving a 20 year old straight guy a barbie doll house. While I won's support the violent aspect, I can understand the distaste for the wii.
jeanericuser is offline   Reply With Quote