Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future
Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

Throughout the whole manga so far which character do you think is the most overrated and which character do you think is underrated and why do you think that?
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
Viczor6
Hunter-Nin

Viczor6 will become famous soon enoughViczor6 will become famous soon enough
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

hmm..

Kabutos fighting skills is overrated, his medical skills is awesome but.. he doesn't have a good offense. He's been compared to Kakashi but Kakashi is more skilled than Kabuto.

The most underrated character is Hidan. He was/is the one with the coolest ability. It's a miracle that Shikamaru actually pulled that off, neutralized him like that. And I think that a chuunin should not be able to take out Hidan, Kishi made Hidan look weaker than he actally was!

that's what i think

Member of the Akatsuki FC
Viczor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

i think the character that really is underrated is Kisame. i would have liked to see some more fights, were he actually realeses his full power...i mean, if he crushed suigetsu, that would have been awesome ^^ and it is stated that he has a huge chakra pool, and we only saw him fight in the 30% clone of pein...and he kicked ass at first ^^

the character that was most overrated is in my opinion hard to find. i'm thinking of sasuke, but at first, he kicked ass, but later, in team hebi, he had to rely too much on his comerades, and this is my personal opinion, he has been hyped since he ''won'' against itachi, and in the 8 tails arc we saw how unexperienced he still is.

plz all the sasuke fans don't teat me to shreads, it's my opinion >_<

greetz

Last edited by Nerox; 01-07-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox511 View Post
i think the character that really is underrated is Kisame. i would have liked to see some more fights, were he actually realeses his full power...i mean, if he crushed suigetsu, that would have been awesome ^^ and it is stated that he has a huge chakra pool, and we only saw him fight in the 30% clone of pein...and he kicked ass at first ^^

the character that was most overrated is in my opinion hard to find. i'm thinking of sasuke, but at first, he kicked ass, but later, in team hebi, he had to rely too much on his comerades, and this is my personal opinion, he has been hyped since he ''won'' against itachi, and in the 8 tails arc we saw how unexperienced he still is.

plz all the sasuke fans don't teat me to shreads, it's my opinion >_<

greetz
I completely agree about kisame, but sasuke relying on team hebi "which was only one fight against argueably the strongest ninja other that pain". Still, I respect your oppinon.

I think at the moment Pain is being underated just because hes fighting naruto. I mean, its pain! come on, if pain finds a way to recover and become 100 percent naruto is boned.

I think the most Overated character is Tobi. Hes suppost to be the invincable madara, but hes just a manipulater from the shadows. I think if tobi was the all powerful madara, he wouldnt need pain to run the akatsuki.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
Darklore Yorishimo
Academy Student

Darklore Yorishimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly, I think they made Kakashi an overrated character. Sure, I don't hate him, but ever since Shippuden started he's been getting the living s*** kicked out of him. Like against Kakuzu, Kakashi was seriously struggling to stay alive against him. Meanwhile, Naruto almost destroys him in one hit. Sure Kakashi kills him, after he's half dead in the crater made from the impact of Rasenshuriken (or whatever). Especially now with Pain, he got completely destroyed in little to no time.

I think Sakura has become an underrated character. She REALLY improved from the original series before Shippuden and she heals A LOT of people now. People often underestimate her now, because she is a little weak of a fighter compared to, say, Naruto. But she's still strong.

Last edited by Darklore Yorishimo; 01-07-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Darklore Yorishimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:56 PM   #6
9tailedDemon
Failed brain surgeon

9tailedDemon is on a distinguished road9tailedDemon is on a distinguished road

overated = kabuto four eyed lame ... i'm hoping kishi forgets about him and doesn't even return to him at any point ... no surpassing orochimaru no copying naruto's nendo ... Who am i talking about again?? character ain't important enuf for me to remember

Underated = Killer Bee son ... i rmemeber somebody saying that the nine tails if different than the rest of the bijuu or whatever ... by my understanding ... the power of each one goes up by the number of the tails ... and by my calculation that makes him the second strongest. My man gets along with his demon like white on rice peanut butter and jelly and has masters some beautiful elemental chakra when he showed poor young sasuske that his electric manipulation was just not the full shiznit... nope

Killer bee was meant to run into naruto somehow and show him what'sup ...not in a fight but maybe teach him a thing or too about how to get along with the beast inside of him

ok ok ok ... new president = new rules...

We are currently in a recession therefore by my calculations we need to make up this debt proper. So from now until i say otherwise Taxes r going up in my jurisdiction and the cap don't play. If u sitting there like a dumbass wondering if u in my jurisdiction it's easy... Check ur zipcode ... if it starts with the numbers 1 thru 9 well buddy u fall into the jurisdiction so make sure u up to date.

U don't wanna find out what happens when u don't pay ur taxes.

(hint: auditing can get painful)

Pay ur taxes!

9tailedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
Kakashi_Rocks
Chuunin

Kakashi_Rocks is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Gaara used to be kinda overrated cus of his sand and all, but now without the one tail in him... dunno how good he is/ ppl think he is...

I think Hinata and Sakura are becoming underrated since both of them used to be kinda weak, but have gotten a lot stronger
Kakashi_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #8
OiB
Dust Eater

OiB is on a distinguished road

At the moment, il have to say Madara/Tobi is overrated with the whole invincible thing...if he was why can't he just eliminate everyone in his way? But I think he will be able to back up all the hype...

Underrated would have to be Sakura/Pain...Pain: People think hes terrible because he uses bodies to fight for him and make the battle unfair because its always 6 on 1. What is he supposed to say sorry i have too many people on my side even though this is my fighting strategy, let me get rid of 5 bodies for you? Sakura: I guess because she cries whines etc. shes seen as sort of a weak character...seems pretty strong to me. Took out Animal Realms summon with one punch, beat Sasori with the help of Chiyo, still contributed to the fight, i think shes improved a lot and hasn't really been recognized for that.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

overrated naruto kakashi sasuke tsunade
Underrated orochimaru I think suigetsu
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #10
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough

Oh Mystik you make this too easy for me.

*drum roll*

Sasuke! Most over rated person along with his whole gruesome soiree. The full misery and droaning on of his (what I call) inner fail complex, has yet to be endured! It was bad enough that we had to be strung along for his angsty animus against his brother. A lesser emo might hold it right there, but Sasuke goes on to make us feel as pathetic with embarrassment as a tortoise trapped on the beach at low-tide, trapped nude and shell'less.

And yet Sasuke and his gang of hoodlums, dull and billboard-poster-loving hoodlums, will soon find that their little tadpole leader is about to go up against a real sage toad, who will crush him at every corner. That toad being my main man Naruto. Prior to the sage's deadly finishing blow, I hope; Sasuke concedes in accordance to the inquiry of Konoha's authorities in such a way as to make it absolutly clear that he is a hollow, shallow, and pretentious boy who thought of no one but himself and that no amount of after the matter butt kissing can make up for the fact that he questionably attempted murder and for a fact betrayed the trust of Konoha.

I'd just prefer to see his head on a pike and be done with his meager misery.

Most of his gifts, he obtained through cheap tricks, namely his eyes. Naruto had the courage and the strength to be great without the use of grafting a piece of sannins corpse onto himself. In this microcosmic hell on earth, there is always another circle behind the drapes of Madara, Pain, and the remaining thugs in Akatsuki. That lower circle is Sasuke. I rest my case.

Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #11
tobiisagoodboy
Genin

tobiisagoodboy is on a distinguished road

overastimated is of course sasuke i mean he never actualy killed anyone he won like wat a few fights most of em unfair deidara went insane itachi was dying and planed to lose anyway kirabi kicked his ass orochimaru was dying so basiclyoverrated man underrted was hidan dude was strong i mean come on inmortality if hidan just stoped being so cocky and stoped relying on his curse thing and made some jutsu dude wold be unstopebel i mean he cant die!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #12
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

yeah sasuke is overrated but at least he shows what he can do. how long have we waited for naruto to step up to his full potential. weve been hearing that he's surpassed this and that but we havent really seen anything. Sasuke may be the most overrated but naruto is the most overhyped.

and on a side not, sakura is worthless
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #13
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
Oh Mystik you make this too easy for me.

*drum roll*

Sasuke! Most over rated person along with his whole gruesome soiree. The full misery and droaning on of his (what I call) inner fail complex, has yet to be endured! It was bad enough that we had to be strung along for his angsty animus against his brother. A lesser emo might hold it right there, but Sasuke goes on to make us feel as pathetic with embarrassment as a tortoise trapped on the beach at low-tide, trapped nude and shell'less.

And yet Sasuke and his gang of hoodlums, dull and billboard-poster-loving hoodlums, will soon find that their little tadpole leader is about to go up against a real sage toad, who will crush him at every corner. That toad being my main man Naruto. Prior to the sage's deadly finishing blow, I hope; Sasuke concedes in accordance to the inquiry of Konoha's authorities in such a way as to make it absolutly clear that he is a hollow, shallow, and pretentious boy who thought of no one but himself and that no amount of after the matter butt kissing can make up for the fact that he questionably attempted murder and for a fact betrayed the trust of Konoha.

I'd just prefer to see his head on a pike and be done with his meager misery.

Most of his gifts, he obtained through cheap tricks, namely his eyes. Naruto had the courage and the strength to be great without the use of grafting a piece of sannins corpse onto himself. In this microcosmic hell on earth, there is always another circle behind the drapes of Madara, Pain, and the remaining thugs in Akatsuki. That lower circle is Sasuke. I rest my case.
If I didnt know any better, I would think you didnt like sasuke lol.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #14
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
If I didnt know any better, I would think you didnt like sasuke lol.
Oh I was waiting for what you would have to say about my above comments. Probably no one understands my contempt for Sasuke better than yourself. De facto, someone is discovering currently in another thread.

Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:30 PM   #15
Sanjiro
Academy Student

Sanjiro is an unknown quantity at this point

Overrated-Sasuke, (I do like him, I think he's pretty BA) and the ANBU (Although that might change if Kishi would show more of them kicking ass, and less of them standing around.) And lately, Kakashi. He's beein getting his ass kicked all over the place in Shippuden.

Underrated- Sakura (Don't know why people think she's worthless, other than sometimes being a crybaby, but she's strong as hell)
Sanjiro is offline   Reply With Quote