Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #16
Last Leaf shinobi
Hell's Recipient

Last Leaf shinobi will become famous soon enoughLast Leaf shinobi will become famous soon enough
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

^ I'M sorry man but sakura is gonna have to be one of my overated unless ur talking about her sholarly abilities used to figure out sasori's complicated poison in such a short time ... then i'll give u credit.

During the fight alongside granny chiyo however.... sakura was on strings used by someone that knew sasori's style thru and thru ... had they not had the knowledge chiyo possessed, they wouldn't have stood a chance.

After that fight ... she's been doing alot of standing around ... didn't u say that was y u didn't like the anbu?

Underated ... Kisame ... we really haven't seen what he is capable of yet

"I'm only here for what I came for ... Step aside or be moved aside"

You thought it was over huh?

Man Don't Be Crazy!!

the akatsuki FC
Last Leaf shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #17
jasminegreen
Genin

jasminegreen is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Kakashi is the most underrated good guy. Anytime I see a thread mentioning him, on this other Naruto website i'm a memebr of, it always talks about how weak he is, and that he always gets pwned in a fight. The most overrated, I think is Sasuke, hardly anyone has a bad thing to say about him.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #18
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminegreen View Post
I think Kakashi is the most underrated good guy. Anytime I see a thread mentioning him, on this other Naruto website i'm a memebr of, it always talks about how weak he is, and that he always gets pwned in a fight. The most overrated, I think is Sasuke, hardly anyone has a bad thing to say about him.
Wait what? Nothing bad to say? I would be on here all day every day if I tried to defend sasuke everytime someone said something bad about him.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #19
Sanjiro
Academy Student

Sanjiro is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Leaf shinobi View Post
^ I'M sorry man but sakura is gonna have to be one of my overated unless ur talking about her sholarly abilities used to figure out sasori's complicated poison in such a short time ... then i'll give u credit.

During the fight alongside granny chiyo however.... sakura was on strings used by someone that knew sasori's style thru and thru ... had they not had the knowledge chiyo possessed, they wouldn't have stood a chance.

After that fight ... she's been doing alot of standing around ... didn't u say that was y u didn't like the anbu?

Underated ... Kisame ... we really haven't seen what he is capable of yet

True, I was basically replying to the person that said she was worthless. And I do like the ANBU, but I do wish they'd do more ass kicking and less standing around lookin mean.
Sanjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:00 AM   #20
Last Leaf shinobi
Hell's Recipient

Last Leaf shinobi will become famous soon enoughLast Leaf shinobi will become famous soon enough

Jasmine ... ur right and i think most ppl r thinking of kakuzu when they say these things ... however kakuzu is hokage level. He fought the first and lost just like madara. He has won since and it took multiple ppl to take him down. Shikamaru brillance , kakashi, hidan unknowningly helping in the process ultimately saving kakashi the first time while yamato and naruto saved him the second. So by saying kakashi is weak is they r underestimating Kakuzu as well.

Kakuzu is brilliant i think he takes orochimaru hands down toss up but edges out sasori ... this just my opionion i would have him fourth or fifth down the akatsuki ladder which says alot considering the first three r pain madara and itachi.

"I'm only here for what I came for ... Step aside or be moved aside"

You thought it was over huh?

Man Don't Be Crazy!!

the akatsuki FC

Last edited by Last Leaf shinobi; 01-08-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Last Leaf shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #21
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
Wait what? Nothing bad to say? I would be on here all day every day if I tried to defend sasuke everytime someone said something bad about him.
I dont know WHO you would be arguing against either :P Do you happen to have a link or recall the name of the thread of our heroic discussion we once had? It might brighten Jasminegreens day.

Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 AM   #22
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
I dont know WHO you would be arguing against either :P Do you happen to have a link or recall the name of the thread of our heroic discussion we once had? It might brighten Jasminegreens day.
It was named the uchiha thread or something like that. I think its been deleted, but ill check.

http://forums.narutocentral.com/show...t=45609&page=4 LOL, its still up.

Last edited by Konnaha_yellow_flash; 01-08-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:11 AM   #23
jasminegreen
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Leaf shinobi View Post
Jasmine ... ur right and i think most ppl r thinking of kakuzu when they say these things ... however kakuzu is hokage level. He fought the first and lost just like madara. He has won since and it took multiple ppl to take him down. Shikamaru brillance , kakashi, hidan unknowningly helping in the process ultimately saving kakashi the first time while yamato and naruto saved him the second. So by saying kakashi is weak is they r underestimating Kakuzu as well.

Kakuzu is brilliant i think he takes orochimaru hands down toss up but edges out sasori ... this just my opionion i would have him fourth or fifth down the akatsuki ladder which says alot considering the first three r pain madara and itachi.
I''ll link you a page of a thread I did on Kakashi being underrated. here's the link, just check it out. http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=460181 I would have posted it here, but I didn't feel like typing it all out.

Last edited by jasminegreen; 01-08-2009 at 12:28 AM.
jasminegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #24
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Quote:
I''ll link you a page of a thread I did on Kakashi being underrated. here's the link, just check it out. http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=460181
I remember that. it was about kakashi being a fair teacher or not. You and that other girl debated for like two weeks straight, didnt you?
Old 01-08-2009, 12:16 AM   #25
jasminegreen
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
I remember that. it was about kakashi being a fair teacher or not. You and that other girl debated for like two weeks straight, didnt you?
The thread I gave a link to mentions nothing about Kakashi as a teacher.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #26
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Quote:
I posted before I checked the thread, my bad
Old 01-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #27
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Here was my anti-sasuke post for your enjoyment.

"Uchiha represents the general brooding, whining, pissing, and moaning of a clan of people, usually related to unrequited love or their confusion regarding sudden, unexpected onset of rampant homosexuality. Punctuated, by florid prose and woe-is-me dialogue.

A typical example of angst from Sasuke would read as follows:

"No one understands my pain which is why I'm going to kill you all!"

Clearly sound in mind with enough common sense that it reminds one of other mentally stable individuals through out our history such as... I dont know... how about Hitler (replace this with Dick Cheney if Hitler offends you, like wise if Dick Cheney offends you go back to Hitler). Idealistic, manipulative, explosive behavior, leading a group of a bunch of other mindless twits.

Someone posted above that to them, Uchiha represents "strength". Cowardice, unreasoning, egocentric, with a shell of apethy but a core of retarded teenage angst still searching to understand his hormones is more accurately free from error or defected reason. No transgression I hope was imposed to this person. This at least applies to everyone in Uchiha with a possible exception to the late Itachi

Teenage angst is most commonly associated with sixteen year-old girls, attention whores, goths, trucker hat wearing hXc scene fags and the entire emo genre as a whole. It also results, seemingly on a daily basis, in many instances of cutting, attempted suicides and lots of bad poetry. Instead of cutting metaphores of anguish we get a bleeding eye. Must one go on to point out the pathetic exsistence of all the Uchiha?

In summary, Uchiha are a emotionaly repressed racial culture with a impediment ability that somehow inhibits their social functionality to which, without their miracle eyes, would be utterly naked - or perhaps more appropriately the one clan of people no one would ever want to hear of again."

Old 01-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #28
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,284 Times in 2,926 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Sasuke is by far the most overrated character in this series. How ever my hatred isn't quite directed at Sasuke but at the Shraingan. This thing made parts of the show idiotic imo. It was ok in the early stages of the series but now its way too bloated and allows its user to pull off victory from the jaws of defeat even if the user is an arrogant jackass. Sasuke has reached his peak imo, he seems to think he needs no further improvement and that all other shinobi are inferior to him, but as we all found out the upper tier ninja can easily smoke him. If it wasn't for his sharingan he would've died long ago.

Hidan is also my choice for underrated. If he was faster and less of a wacko he would be insanely hard to beat.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:21 AM   #29
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro1988 View Post
Sasuke is by far the most overrated character in this series. How ever my hatred isn't quite directed at Sasuke but at the Shraingan. This thing made parts of the show idiotic imo. It was ok in the early stages of the series but now its way too bloated and allows its user to pull off victory from the jaws of defeat even if the user is an arrogant jackass. Sasuke has reached his peak imo, he seems to think he needs no further improvement and that all other shinobi are inferior to him, but as we all found out the upper tier ninja can easily smoke him. If it wasn't for his sharingan he would've died long ago.

Hidan is also my choice for underrated. If he was faster and less of a wacko he would be insanely hard to beat.
I could not agree more. Especially the bit about the poor direction the eyes took the story line. It was betrothed too much weight and possibly dumbed down the series as whole. Gone are the days when it was about talent. Now its all about unique bloodlines and super powers.

Last edited by Detcelfer; 01-08-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:26 AM   #30
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Oh great, another bash sasuke thread. ill be here day and night now lol.

Well, by so many claims of sasuke being overated just proves how underated sasuke is. Just my oppinion