Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #31
Last Leaf shinobi
Hell's Recipient

Last Leaf shinobi will become famous soon enoughLast Leaf shinobi will become famous soon enough
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

very tru indeed detcelfer ... gone were the days when the sharigan couldn't see chakra points... remember in the begginning kakashi said his eyes can't see those like the byakuugan. and now the sharigan Is ten times better only to swallow up the abilities of the byakuugan and go even more far and beyond. Y doesn't kishi just give the sharigan 360 degree vision as well then we really wouldn't know why the byakuugan was to stand out at all if ever.

"I'm only here for what I came for ... Step aside or be moved aside"

You thought it was over huh?

Man Don't Be Crazy!!

the akatsuki FC
Last Leaf shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2009, 12:31 AM   #32
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Well, actually the SG can see chakra, but not with the detail that the BG can. I dont really havea nything bad to say about the SG, but Im upset kishi has done nothing more with the BG.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #33
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Leaf shinobi View Post
very tru indeed detcelfer ... gone were the days when the sharigan couldn't see chakra points... remember in the begginning kakashi said his eyes can't see those like the byakuugan. and now the sharigan Is ten times better only to swallow up the abilities of the byakuugan and go even more far and beyond. Y doesn't kishi just give the sharigan 360 degree vision as well then we really wouldn't know why the byakuugan was to stand out at all if ever.
The semi-solvant could be the advancement of the Byakuugan eyes. Of course if it exsisted we would probably have known by now. Maybe little Hinata will suprise us all.

Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:37 AM   #34
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

IMO, Danzou is the most uderrated character.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:37 AM   #35
Last Leaf shinobi
Hell's Recipient

Last Leaf shinobi will become famous soon enoughLast Leaf shinobi will become famous soon enough

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/361/05/

Konnaha yellow flash go to this link if that's not as insightful as the byakuugan then i don't know what is

"I'm only here for what I came for ... Step aside or be moved aside"

You thought it was over huh?

Man Don't Be Crazy!!

the akatsuki FC
Last Leaf shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #36
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Leaf shinobi View Post
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/361/05/

Konnaha yellow flash go to this link if that's not as insightful as the byakuugan then i don't know what is
Well, sasuke was in C2 form so with all of his chakra concentrated to his SG, it makes better sense. However, it still cant see chakra points.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:51 AM   #37
Viczor6
Hunter-Nin

Viczor6 will become famous soon enoughViczor6 will become famous soon enough

Sasuke is overrated in team hebi/hawk, should've picked him but I knew there would be alot of dudes picking him so I decided to not go with the crowd.

very good thread mystik@

Member of the Akatsuki FC
Viczor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:22 AM   #38
FantasticFoxkins
Genin

FantasticFoxkins is on a distinguished road

I believe the most overrated character in the entire series has to be Sasuke. From the moment this series start he was the child prodigy with the bloodline limit that was oh-so powerful. I really couldn't stand his emo 'no-one can understand my pain' crap. Most of the reasoning behind his decisions was at best that of a sulking child. I think the moment for me that was the final straw for Sasuke's behaviour was in part one, when upon seeing the power behind Naruto's Rasengan he had a tantrum. The worst of it is that he's got twenty times worse since part one. To be honest I don't really care how he feels or if he can be redeemed. I just want Naruto to reach his goal of saving him and that is purely because I love Naruto so much as a character and he's invested so much time on this worthless creep. -Cough- Um...end of rant?

The most underrated character for me would have to be Hinata. She's never really been given the chance to prove herself yet she's always in the background fighting away. She's a Hyuga and should not be taken lightly. Yet all we've seen of her so far is her fainting in front of Naruto God knows how many times. I think she has real potential if Kishimoto would take the time to actually develop his female characters. Maybe spending less time on Sasuke would help. Heh.

"A shinobi must be courageous because below the courageous there is nothing."

Last edited by FantasticFoxkins; 01-08-2009 at 06:23 AM.
FantasticFoxkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:41 AM   #39
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viczor6 View Post
Sasuke is overrated in team hebi/hawk, should've picked him but I knew there would be alot of dudes picking him so I decided to not go with the crowd.

very good thread mystik@
thanks lol

seems like a sasuke hate fest lol >.<

I personally dont think Sasuke is that overrated.. i would say he is a tad maybe but not much.

I do agree that kisame and sakura are underrated though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
Oh Mystik you make this too easy for me.

*drum roll*
hahaha lol >.<

Last edited by Mystik; 01-08-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:47 AM   #40
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Overrated goes to Minato while underrated goes to Tenten.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #41
sasori323
Academy Student

sasori323 is an unknown quantity at this point

Overrated-Sasuke=yup i agree....overastimated is of course sasuke i mean he never actualy killed anyone he won like wat a few fights most of em unfair deidara went insane itachi was dying and planed to lose anyway kirabi kicked his ass orochimaru was dying so basiclyoverrated man underrted was hidan dude was strong i mean come on inmortality if hidan just stoped being so cocky and stoped relying on his curse thing and made some jutsu dude wold be unstopebel i mean he cant die!

i think the character that really is underrated is Kisame. i would have liked to see some more fights, were he actually realeses his full power...i mean, if he crushed suigetsu, that would have been awesome ^^ and it is stated that he has a huge chakra pool, and we only saw him fight in the 30% clone of pein...and he kicked ass at first ^^

both of these guys make sense...hahahahaha^^ what do you guys think?
sasori323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #42
Viczor6
Hunter-Nin

Viczor6 will become famous soon enoughViczor6 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
thanks lol

seems like a sasuke hate fest lol >.<

I personally dont think Sasuke is that overrated.. i would say he is a tad maybe but not much.

I do agree that kisame and sakura are underrated though.

hahaha lol >.<

It's like "okay we all gonna answer Sasuke at the first question but who is most underrated?" 0_o

Edit: for anyone that likes numbers and statistics- I added Kisames stat's in my thread "Statistics BID update".

Member of the Akatsuki FC

Last edited by Viczor6; 01-08-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Viczor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #43
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

I think most of the females on Naruto are underrated .. i agree with kisame being underrated cause i think with more screen time he could really kick some ass..
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #44
Narutologist
ANBU

Narutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the rough

Overrated characters…hmmm…Orochimaru and Kabuto. Orochimaru did the unthinkable when he defeated the 3rd hokage. I know the 3rd was old but damn. This dude was still a beast. Orochimaru with all of his devil jutsus took down half the village and kill the hokage…GTFO. Oro did whatever he wanted to do to accomplish his goals and no says well he’s not really that strong. Let Sasuke follow in his shoes and he gets bashed for it. Oro fought jiraiya and tsunade at the same time and he didn’t have arms..WTF people…if that’s not over rated I don’t know what is. The pain goes and kills jiraiya in sage mode and people doubt pains strengths…get out of here…Then we have Kabuto…stronger than kakashi (why cause he was taken in by AKA at an early age and groomed by ORO).Kakashi was a genius trained by a genius yet this little kid with his devil’s jutsu is equal to him…

Underrated characters…Kakashi (always fights a good fight then hospitalized for weeks), Neji (this kid is a genius who like sasuke finished first in his class, has a bloodline limit, super fast, and extreme chakra control…), naruto (nine tails chakra, the 4th’s son, nine tails chakra, the 4th’s son, train by jiraiya, kakashi, and the toads…yet gets beat down all the time), and my list will end at Sasuke ( this kid is a freaking genius, 1st in his class, bloodline limit, all the motivation in the world, trained by kakashi and orochimaru, pushed to be better by naruto…yet there are people out there who say he isn’t that strong, talented, or capable). I’m no rocket scientist but this is a thinking error. Like him or not this kid is the third best character in the manga…the first being Naruto and second being jiraiya…

I’m tired of typing so I will leave it at that…
Old 01-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #45
FantasticFoxkins
Genin

FantasticFoxkins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutologist View Post
Underrated characters…Kakashi (always fights a good fight then hospitalized for weeks), Neji (this kid is a genius who like sasuke finished first in his class, has a bloodline limit, super fast, and extreme chakra control…), naruto (nine tails chakra, the 4th’s son, nine tails chakra, the 4th’s son, train by jiraiya, kakashi, and the toads…yet gets beat down all the time), and my list will end at Sasuke ( this kid is a freaking genius, 1st in his class, bloodline limit, all the motivation in the world, trained by kakashi and orochimaru, pushed to be better by naruto…yet there are people out there who say he isn’t that strong, talented, or capable). I’m no rocket scientist but this is a thinking error. Like him or not this kid is the third best character in the manga…the first being Naruto and second being jiraiya…

I’m tired of typing so I will leave it at that…
I can see why people think Sasuke is underrated but for me it's not just about power or the amount of jutsus someone knows. His actual character itself is overrated, or at least to me it is. And lets face it there isn't a character in Konoha that underrates Sasuke's power.

"A shinobi must be courageous because below the courageous there is nothing."
FantasticFoxkins is offline   Reply With Quote