Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto - Page 5 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #61
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

It depends on how Sasuke takes things. It depends on if he still has heart left. Personally i don't think Sasuke has the heart to kill his team mates either. He may fight them but kill them i doubt it.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #62
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Konnaha_yellow_flash;1633649]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
Finally a dispute with my good friend.

Naruto went after sasuke barrowing much needed man power "neji, shika, kiba, chouji". And for what. So he could keep him emotional tie with sasuke. with the village in need of every shinobi after oros attack, naruto shouldve found another way. At that moment he chose sasuke over the village.

That was my example for attemted murder. Yes, naruto doesnt use the kyuubi anymore because of that. But sasuke hasnt attemted to kill anyone since the first fight with naruto "excluding itachi". dont say what about the retreval, I seriously doubt sasuke would kill his only comrades, but let any evil enemy live. Even you have to agree that makes no sense.

Its on like donkey kong!
You go to a city and no one gives a rats behind about anyone else but themself (generalized), you go to a village and they're all close friends. My point is at first the village was willing to take risk in bringing back someone they all knew, grew up with, did missions along-side, and shared time together. Not to mention they're probably of the mindset of that of our military mantra we hear so much these days: "Leave no soldier behind, look out for your brother in arms".

By retrieval are you refering to Killer Bee? Because I was under the impression that killing or a KO was acceptable for Sasuke's task given to him. In either case he would have been responsible for the death of Killer Bee HAD he succeeded. Someone he knows nothing about at all who never inflicted anything upon him. Who has Naruto killed or attempted to that did not deserve it?

Your case is diminishing my friend. It's as a rock dropped in the ocean, plummeting through the chasms of the abyss.

Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.

Last edited by Detcelfer; 01-08-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #63
Narutologist
ANBU

Narutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the rough

You have to give sasuke some credit...he had oppertunities to kill hundreds of people in the manga and decided not to...including naruto. so his character isnt quite that bad. Also Sasuke's and NAruto's friendship is the bicycle that drives the manga without their inner and outer conflicts we would all be reading something else.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #64
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Detcelfer;1633669][QUOTE=Konnaha_yellow_flash;1633649]

Quote:
You go to a city and no one gives a rats behind about anyone else but themself (generalized), you go to a village and they're all close friends. My point is at first the village was willing to take risk in bringing back someone they all knew, grew up with, did missions along-side, and shared time together. Not to mention they're probably of the mindset of that of our military mantra we hear so much these days: "Leave no soldier behind, look out for your brother in arms".
But the circumstances that sasuke left of his own free will, not by capture. it was sasukes rash and selfish decision, but it was his to make.

Quote:
By retrieval are you refering to Killer Bee? Because I was under the impression that killing or a KO was acceptable for Sasuke's task given to him. In either case he would have been responsible for the death of Killer Bee HAD he succeeded. Someone he knows nothing about at all who never inflicted anything upon him. Who has Naruto killed or attempted to that did not deserve it?
I was actually refering to the retreval in part two with yamato. but, if sasuke did capture KB and he got killed. it would be sasukes fault. However, we dont know if sasuke palned to let KB go while giving tobi something that would gain his trust. IMO!

Quote:
Your case is diminishing my friend. It's as a rock dropped in the ocean, plummeting through the chasms of the abyss
And your only seeing sasuke from one point of view. Come look from the side or behind. youll see hes not really that bad..
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #65
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutologist View Post
You have to give sasuke some credit...he had oppertunities to kill hundreds of people in the manga and decided not to...including naruto. so his character isnt quite that bad. Also Sasuke's and NAruto's friendship is the bicycle that drives the manga without their inner and outer conflicts we would all be reading something else.
Thats true you do have a good point.. it seems like most of part two had been built around Sasuke and naruto's friendship. Although parts seemed more like a deep love more then friendship lol >.<
Old 01-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #66
Narutologist
ANBU

Narutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
Thats true you do have a good point.. it seems like most of part two had been built around Sasuke and naruto's friendship. Although parts seemed more like a deep love more then friendship lol >.<
I can see that..."Love Hurts"...these two guys are going about it the wrong way...but their way is much more entertaining...
Old 01-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #67
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutologist View Post
I can see that..."Love Hurts"...these two guys are going about it the wrong way...but their way is much more entertaining...
That is true and another good point.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #68
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

overrated- kakashi
underrated- sai
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #69
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
But the circumstances that sasuke left of his own free will, not by capture. it was sasukes rash and selfish decision, but it was his to make.
He was a child by all accounts and that sort of decision in any protectorate and maternal society would not allow a confused child to wander onto the territory of the enemy. Not only that, they had no idea up till that point that Sasuke had been bullied by Oro's thugs into getting him to think he can not achieve greatness without Oro's help.

Quote:
I was actually refering to the retreval in part two with yamato. but, if sasuke did capture KB and he got killed. it would be sasukes fault. However, we dont know if sasuke palned to let KB go while giving tobi something that would gain his trust. IMO!
You have no evidence to back this claim up that he intentionaly tried to avoid the death of Killer Bee. His whole team was lucky in and of itself that KB was not actually TRYING. His life and his teams life was in jeopardy and you're saying that it was all a trick. I sincerely doubt that unless its revealed to us at a later time to which I doubt Kishi would ever feel the need or the reason to do so.

Quote:
And your only seeing sasuke from one point of view. Come look from the side or behind. youll see hes not really that bad..
Oh Yellow my friend. Theres no shame in admitting that you're a fan-boi. That every night you sit on your bed with your sheets over your head and your flashlight on drooling over your idol and hero Sasuke. Go ahead, admit it for the rest of us...

Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #70
Mystik
Im a Bitch

I have to agree with detcelfer about the killer bee comment.. i think Sasuke really thought he killed him unless proved that it was a trick. XD
Old 01-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #71
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Detcelfer;1633695]
Quote:
He was a child by all accounts and that sort of decision in any protectorate and maternal society would not allow a confused child to wander onto the territory of the enemy. Not only that, they had no idea up till that point that Sasuke had been bullied by Oro's thugs into getting him to think he can not achieve greatness without Oro's help.
Well, sasuke lived in konaha. A martial-village "mainly milatary". In times of war and crisis the rules change. Sasuke left of his own free will, "more from the encounter with itachi thatn oro". my point is naruto and the others were needed. Waht if the village had been attacked while they were away?

Quote:
You have no evidence to back this claim up that he intentionaly tried to avoid the death of Killer Bee. His whole team was lucky in and of itself that KB was not actually TRYING. His life and his teams life was in jeopardy and you're saying that it was all a trick. I sincerely doubt that unless its revealed to us at a later time to which I doubt Kishi would ever feel the need or the reason to do so.
Well, you have no evidence KB wasnt trying, but suigetsus comment "we cant hold back, we have to fight to kill" sounds like team hawk were the ones holding back. It was just speculation. i mean, sasuke knows madara killed his clan so why help him? im almost absolutly sure madara is last on sasukes list for vengence. So, why help unless you have other intentions "IMO, gaining madaras trust and carrying on itachis work".

Quote:
Oh Yellow my friend. Theres no shame in admitting that you're a fan-boi. That every night you sit on your bed with your sheets over your head and your flashlight on drooling over your idol and hero Sasuke. Go ahead, admit it for the rest of us...

Just because I like sasuke doesnt make me a fan boy. Minatos my favorite character.i dont think its right to hate someone for such subjective reasons, but its a fictional character. Your free to hate as much as you want...
Old 01-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #72
FantasticFoxkins
Genin

FantasticFoxkins is on a distinguished road

There used to be a real hardcore Sasuke fan on one Naruto board I was looking at. I'm glad to see that I haven't seen the term he used on here because it's so freaking annoying. Plot-no-Jutsu. Always directed at Naruto when he'd learnt anything new, such a lazy reply to an argument as well.

"A shinobi must be courageous because below the courageous there is nothing."
FantasticFoxkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #73
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticFoxkins View Post
There used to be a real hardcore Sasuke fan on one Naruto board I was looking at. I'm glad to see that I haven't seen the term he used on here because it's so freaking annoying. Plot-no-Jutsu. Always directed at Naruto when he'd learnt anything new, such a lazy reply to an argument as well.
Both naruto and sasuke use that most forbidden of justu lol. You know Oro wants it.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #74
FantasticFoxkins
Genin

FantasticFoxkins is on a distinguished road

It's SSSSS rank in my books. Well using it in an argument is anyway. Heh.

"A shinobi must be courageous because below the courageous there is nothing."
FantasticFoxkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #75
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticFoxkins View Post
PnJ used to be the most used word on this forum reguarding Sasuke but i never heard it used on this forum reguarding naruto. However that word just annoys me period.