Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto - Page 7 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #91
FantasticFoxkins
Genin

FantasticFoxkins is on a distinguished road
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

The whole point of Naruto's chase of Sasuke is that he is his best friend. He cares about him, even if Sasuke no longer cares for him. Naruto wants to show Sasuke that revenge isn't the only way and that being alone with your angry thoughts isn't good for you. And I don't think Naruto is willing to do anything to save him. He would sacrifice his own life sure but he'd never play with anyone else's.

"A shinobi must be courageous because below the courageous there is nothing."
FantasticFoxkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #92
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
Comparing sasuke to the unibomber? Thats kinda pushing it isnt it? I mean sasuke was left alone with Oro for two and a half years and he seems to be doing alot better than expected.

But by your own example, didnt christan knights "sp" who, murdered people have good intentions? Because of differance of oppinion they murdered. Is naruto any better to have not respected sasukes decision to be left alone, instead naruto "with his good intentions" was willing to do anything to get sasuke back. Can you see my point?

These characters are not black and white, IMO.
You're right, they're not black and white. Naruto is a healthy pink red and tanish pigment with just the right illumination of refracting sunlight under the pores of his skin. Where as Sasuke is a pasty almost sickly Mcain tone. More skin over bones, probably because he is a bulimiac.

True, the unibomber was highly unstable and there was no question of his instability. Sasuke masquerades under the visage of a calculatingly calm but apparently psychotic misfit deserving of a lynching to his testicles if its ever proven he has any.

Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.

Last edited by Detcelfer; 01-08-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #93
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticFoxkins View Post
The whole point of Naruto's chase of Sasuke is that he is his best friend. He cares about him, even if Sasuke no longer cares for him. Naruto wants to show Sasuke that revenge isn't the only way and that being alone with your angry thoughts isn't good for you. And I don't think Naruto is willing to do anything to save him. He would sacrifice his own life sure but he'd never play with anyone else's.
But narutos Obsession with getting sasuke back must effect others. Tsunade probably has to keep an eye on naruto so if he gets any info on sasukes whereabouts, he wont go chasing after him. My point is, narutos obsession does effect everyone around him. If anything, his concern becomes everyones concern. Narutos a jinchuuriki so he shouldnt put himself in positions to get captured by the AKA. Whic in turn would make konaha go all out to get him back, leaving them vulnerable. I think you can see where Im going with this.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #94
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
You're right, they're not black and white. Naruto is a healthy pink red and tanish pigment with just the right illumination of refracting sunlight under the pores of his skin. Where as Sasuke is a pasty almost sickly Mcain tone. More skin over bones, probably because he is a bulimiac.

True, the unibomber was highly unstable and there was no question of his instability. Sasuke masquerades under the visage of a calculatingly calm but apparently psychotic misfit deserving of a lynching to his testicles if its ever proven he has any.
you can agree though, that sasuke says one thing and does another, right? And if your judged by your actions and not your words then why is sasuke a psychotic criminal "for the lack of a better word"?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #95
FantasticFoxkins
Genin

Naruto at the end of part one behaved that way certainly. But since their last meeting Naruto has grown. He's had ample opportunity to run off on his own to find Sasuke but instead he's buckled down to his training so that when they do meet up again they are equals once more.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #96
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
you can agree though, that sasuke says one thing and does another, right? And if your judged by your actions and not your words then why is sasuke a psychotic criminal "for the lack of a better word"?
To take a life without going through judicial authority is criminal. To state things along the lines of "no one can get between me and my target or they'll suffer the consequence" is a sign of lost judgement.

I can understand that. Really. Anyone who gets between me and my chocolate chip cookies is bound to be mauled in the process.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #97
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detcelfer View Post
To take a life without going through judicial authority is criminal. To state things along the lines of "no one can get between me and my target or they'll suffer the consequence" is a sign of lost judgement.

I can understand that. Really. Anyone who gets between me and my chocolate chip cookies is bound to be mauled in the process.
Sasukes never taken a life though. So, how is he a criminal?

Yes, sasuke left and betrayed the thirds sacrifice, but look what sasuke had planned. He took Oro out from the inside. Sasuke should get some credit for that at least IMO.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #98
FantasticFoxkins
Genin

Well he didn't take him out for the village did he? Sasuke only works for Sasuke after all. He probably never even thought about the village till that conversation with Madara after Itachi's death.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #99
Nexus
Susano'o Legend

Nexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant future

I believe the ANBU are definitely overrated since they usually get mopped up by enemy ninjas like clockwork. The character who I believe is underrated is Madara since plenty of Naruto fans don't believe he's the strongest person associated with Akatsuki; he should be feared more, much more.

[
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #100
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticFoxkins View Post
Well he didn't take him out for the village did he? Sasuke only works for Sasuke after all. He probably never even thought about the village till that conversation with Madara after Itachi's death.
I cant remember what he said word for word, but he said oro was coward and he will be taken out for the sake of something or another. Wait, let me go find that convo.

Well, his convo with oro can be taken many diferant ways. IMO, sasuke saw Oro as someone just as evil as itachi "playing with peoples lives". Wether sasuke killed Oro for his own beifit or the worlds.

Last edited by Konnaha_yellow_flash; 01-08-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #101
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Sasukes never taken a life though. So, how is he a criminal?

Yes, sasuke left and betrayed the thirds sacrifice, but look what sasuke had planned. He took Oro out from the inside. Sasuke should get some credit for that at least IMO.
He took him out to suit his own needs... you know, to avoid the petafiles attempt at taking over his body. Sasuke's precarious tenure with Oro was completely dependant upon the time frame Oro needed to use his body replacement technique. Sasuke knew that and he did what any person, measily or competent, would do.

The fact that Sasuke has never taken a life (there can be made entirely seperate threads of debate on this matter) is a testiment to his inner fail.

You're not going to get me to say that Sasuke should be appriciated, applauded, or anything even remotely on equal grounds of naruto. Nor do I think the whelp should be forgiven for his atrocious behavior.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #102
Krohnie84
Jounin

Krohnie84 will become famous soon enoughKrohnie84 will become famous soon enoughKrohnie84 will become famous soon enough

I don't think Sasuke had it all planned out when he left for Oro. After being with him for so long you would have to notice that Oro was getting weaker, and he has made himself very weak for the stupid things he kept doing. Why would Sasuke want to waste his body/life for someone who could only use it for three years. I think he didn't plan killing him, but came to that conclusion because it was much more logical than handing himself over.

Oh, and the thought on him not killing anyone... His actions with his battle with Naruto had shown us that he was willing to kill but their attacks canceled each other out. He attacked full well knowing that the jutsu he was using would kill Naruto. Just because he happened to not kill him doesn't make him less of a villan. He most likely had nothing left to attack Naruto with and came to realize if he wanted to get away that he best get going.

"Never go back on your word... and never give up, no matter how bad it gets. That's your Ninja way."
Jiraiya Ero-Sennin.
Krohnie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #103
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krohnie84 View Post
I don't think Sasuke had it all planned out when he left for Oro. After being with him for so long you would have to notice that Oro was getting weaker, and he has made himself very weak for the stupid things he kept doing. Why would Sasuke want to waste his body/life for someone who could only use it for three years. I think he didn't plan killing him, but came to that conclusion because it was much more logical than handing himself over.

Oh, and the thought on him not killing anyone... His actions with his battle with Naruto had shown us that he was willing to kill but their attacks canceled each other out. He attacked full well knowing that the jutsu he was using would kill Naruto. Just because he happened to not kill him doesn't make him less of a villan. He most likely had nothing left to attack Naruto with and came to realize if he wanted to get away that he best get going.
You raise another valid point.

Oh and to get back on topic...

Sasuke is over-rated
and little Hinata is under rated.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #104
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

[QUOTE=Detcelfer;1633917]
Quote:
He took him out to suit his own needs... you know, to avoid the petafiles attempt at taking over his body. Sasuke's precarious tenure with Oro was completely dependant upon the time frame Oro needed to use his body replacement technique. Sasuke knew that and he did what any person, measily or competent, would do.
Sasuke is a shinobi after all! Sasuke gained Oros trust so much, he was able to catch him off guard. Needless to say, theres no "good way" to murder someone else. Sasuke did what he had to for survival and to achieve his goal.

Quote:
The fact that Sasuke has never taken a life (there can be made entirely seperate threads of debate on this matter) is a testiment to his inner fail.
I dont thin sasuke fails for having some humaity left after two and a half tears with a mind corrupting psycho and his four eyes butt-buddy lol.

Quote:
You're not going to get me to say that Sasuke should be appriciated, applauded, or anything even remotely on equal grounds of naruto. Nor do I think the whelp should be forgiven for his atrocious behavior.
I wouldnt expect that in a million years lol, but Im saying you shouldnt be fixated on only sasukes flaws IMO. Hes not that bad, Hes a troubled teen with some serious character flaws.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #105
kOnOhA's WhItE fAnG
Chuunin

kOnOhA's WhItE fAnG will become famous soon enoughkOnOhA's WhItE fAnG will become famous soon enough

i dont care what anyone thinks, GAARA IS THE MOST UNDERATED character in naruto. i dont give a shit, gaara should of beatin wackass deidara and most likey lost to sasori; all because of plot bullshit though.
kOnOhA's WhItE fAnG is offline   Reply With Quote