Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto - Page 8 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #106
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krohnie84 View Post
I don't think Sasuke had it all planned out when he left for Oro. After being with him for so long you would have to notice that Oro was getting weaker, and he has made himself very weak for the stupid things he kept doing. Why would Sasuke want to waste his body/life for someone who could only use it for three years. I think he didn't plan killing him, but came to that conclusion because it was much more logical than handing himself over.

Oh, and the thought on him not killing anyone... His actions with his battle with Naruto had shown us that he was willing to kill but their attacks canceled each other out. He attacked full well knowing that the jutsu he was using would kill Naruto. Just because he happened to not kill him doesn't make him less of a villan. He most likely had nothing left to attack Naruto with and came to realize if he wanted to get away that he best get going.
Saying your going to kill and actually doing it are two differant things. Sasuke used his chidori on narutos right shoulder. IMO, meaning he said he wanted to kill, but deep down he was not willing to do it.

I mean come on! If sasuke truely wanted naruto dead, he would be by now. If not in the first battle then in the second. This is what I mean by saying one thing and doing another.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #107
tobiisagoodboy
Genin

tobiisagoodboy is on a distinguished road

ok ok we all know sasuke emo style is anoying i agree but picture this imagin you come home one day and your entire neighbourhood has been killed your friends family you run home and you see your parents dead next to your broter wo openly admits he did it all know imagine years later you find out he was orderd to do it agaibnst his will how would your atidite be i dont think youd be all ahppy and and shit
Old 01-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #108
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

Yeah seems like he just gets bad news after another.. hating his brother for so long and wanting to kill him and then it finally happens and find out he was the brother he knew and he lost that as well.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #109
Krohnie84
Jounin

Krohnie84 will become famous soon enoughKrohnie84 will become famous soon enoughKrohnie84 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
Saying your going to kill and actually doing it are two differant things. Sasuke used his chidori on narutos right shoulder. IMO, meaning he said he wanted to kill, but deep down he was not willing to do it.

I mean come on! If sasuke truely wanted naruto dead, he would be by now. If not in the first battle then in the second. This is what I mean by saying one thing and doing another.
He also used it at the end of the battle when he went all cursed seal and Naruto went three tailed, besides the fact if Naruto hadn't been Kyuubi boy he would have died from the injury. He had a fist through his chest!

If he wanted him dead and killed him this would be called SasukeCentral not "NarutoCentral"

"Never go back on your word... and never give up, no matter how bad it gets. That's your Ninja way."
Jiraiya Ero-Sennin.
Krohnie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #110
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiisagoodboy View Post
ok ok we all know sasuke emo style is anoying i agree but picture this imagin you come home one day and your entire neighbourhood has been killed your friends family you run home and you see your parents dead next to your broter wo openly admits he did it all know imagine years later you find out he was orderd to do it agaibnst his will how would your atidite be i dont think youd be all ahppy and and shit
So thats justification then? Sorry but we dont allow african americans in our country to kill us just because we murdered off or put into slavery thousands of their kind. It's a little thing called forgiveness. This is why theres law to rule over our lawless hearts.

Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #111
h33r
Chuunin

h33r is on a distinguished road

@general discussion abv
well the thing i hate most abt sasuke is his pride...he is too proud of his uchiha blood...he thinks every1 else is just nothing as compared to uchiha....m just waiting for naruto to break his pride,....
and ppl who think naruto is strong cz of kyubi ...shd also understand that wthout sharingan sasuke is nothing...

@topic
overrated characters...i dun think we can judge that ..all ppl dun have similar choices...all the polls that were taken showed who ppl like more...anyway the last poll conducted in 2006 showed diedra in top 3..i really didnt buy that..

h33r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:30 PM   #112
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

your statement about sasuke being nothing without the sharingan is wrong. I could see if he only used it all the time, but aside from genjutsu, it isnt that big anymore. he still has summons, incredible speed, genius intellect, and not to mention his fire jutsus and chidori variations. take away the sharingan and hes still a great ninja.

and u can say that naruto is only strong because of the kyuubi. since he has the kyuubi, it gives him 2 sets of chakra and healing abilities. without it, he burns out like any other ninja. lets take sasuke vs naruto from part 1. sasuke was giving naruto the work, and then he took the upper hand when he started relying on the kyuubi. then sasuke used cs and so on. but naruto would have been done without the kyuubi then
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #113
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
your statement about sasuke being nothing without the sharingan is wrong. I could see if he only used it all the time, but aside from genjutsu, it isnt that big anymore. he still has summons, incredible speed, genius intellect, and not to mention his fire jutsus and chidori variations. take away the sharingan and hes still a great ninja.

and u can say that naruto is only strong because of the kyuubi. since he has the kyuubi, it gives him 2 sets of chakra and healing abilities. without it, he burns out like any other ninja. lets take sasuke vs naruto from part 1. sasuke was giving naruto the work, and then he took the upper hand when he started relying on the kyuubi. then sasuke used cs and so on. but naruto would have been done without the kyuubi then
It's not wrong at all. I could provide a few examples of where he would have been killed without it. The best example is of course his battle against Deidei. If he was not able to look into his own bloodstream he would have died. End of story.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #114
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

thats not what his statement said. If you would have said, sasuke would have lost battles by now without the sharingan ok, but you said he is nothing without it, and clearly he is a great ninja without his sharingan. rephrase better next time

Last edited by blake; 01-08-2009 at 11:52 PM.
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #115
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Oh no! Lets not start the without theyre nothing game.

I can agree sasukes attitude gets anoying. Theres a differance between confidence and arrogance. Still, I dont think hes that bad of a guy. Theres alot worse character flaws IMO.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:01 AM   #116
Hizashi
Academy Student

Hizashi is an unknown quantity at this point

Overrated - Sasuke... i dun like the way he easily killed Orochimaru...

Underrated - Senju Clan of the Forest... mention in manga this clan was the greatest in their time along side with Uchiha Clan... but too bad no one holds their legacy... i wish at least this clan got 1 great fighter just like Hyuuga Clan have Neji...

in facts, Uchiha Madara + 9 Tails Fox vs Senju Hashirama... Hashirama win even Madara not killed :-)
Hizashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:05 AM   #117
h33r
Chuunin

h33r is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post

you ppl really take everything at face value man... i still say sasuke wud be nothing without sharingan...when i said that i was kinda comparing him with naruto.....m not sum anti-sasuke fanclub member....anyway lets take it the way u took it...

sasuke also uses amatersue from his sharingan not only genjutsu..he cannot counter genjutsu without his sharingan...without his sharingan he wud be dead by now..yeah sasuke is good in using his brain when fighting else he is dumb...he is simply played like drum by his bro and now madara..he cant think for himself...he thinks hw is not some pawn but actually he is till now..hope he is bluffing madara...fire jutsu is not much of a threat until it is combined with wind...seriously it is easily aviodable...chidori cannot be used without sharingan...

now naruto..i m talking abt whole manga not just pre time skip...
naruto learned rasengan using his own chakra not kyubii's...and if u remember that rasengen blew the whole tank up...where as chidori cudnt...
i seriusly doubt any of the sasuke's techniques are more powerful than rasen shuriken...now he has sage mode... .moreover naruto doesnt have any specific kekei genkai...he doesnt even depend on kyubbi's chakra now...hhe learnt how to use elemental chakra faster than sasuke..and by relying on his own chakra not of kyubiis..if u have been reading manga u shd have known how he has been denying kyubi''s request of giving him power...moreover naruto is not dumb either we have seen how he has grown mentally..even ore time skip naruto was good...it was naruto's plan to make zabuza release that water prison....i can write more and more...but i have to go mess my haed iwth the webserver ...else i wud have written more!!

naruto is a better ninja than sasuke...when they were child naruto was one helpless kid who had noone who could train him...where as sasuke was always competing his brother..moreover his brother and father both helped him train...but naruto never had any1...if u ll say iruka..iruka came later ....
if minato was alive and even then naruto was like that ..then u cud have said he is nothing and only relies on kyubi etc etc..

if u r sasuke fan ..dun bash the hero atleast..

h33r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #118
Narutologist
ANBU

Narutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by h33r View Post
you ppl really take everything at face value man... i still say sasuke wud be nothing without sharingan...when i said that i was kinda comparing him with naruto.....m not sum anti-sasuke fanclub member....anyway lets take it the way u took it...

let's just say i disagree with that...

sasuke also uses amatersue from his sharingan not only genjutsu..he cannot counter genjutsu without his sharingan...without his sharingan he wud be dead by now..yeah sasuke is good in using his brain when fighting else he is dumb...he is simply played like drum by his bro and now madara..he cant think for himself...he thinks hw is not some pawn but actually he is till now..hope he is bluffing madara...fire jutsu is not much of a threat until it is combined with wind...seriously it is easily aviodable...chidori cannot be used without sharingan...

He battled orochimaru pretty well before the cursed seal and before his sharingan even was developed he proved that he had something at that time that other genin did not true skill...his fight with itachi proved that he could plan ahead not knowing fully what his opponent was capable of...fire just is strong we have seen that through different times in the manga. shidori with his speed can still be used...he just has to be quicker and faster than his target
now naruto..i m talking abt whole manga not just pre time skip...
naruto learned rasengan using his own chakra not kyubii's...and if u remember that rasengen blew the whole tank up...where as chidori cudnt...

i seriusly doubt any of the sasuke's techniques are more powerful than rasen shuriken...now he has sage mode... .moreover naruto doesnt have any specific kekei genkai...he doesnt even depend on kyubbi's chakra now...hhe learnt how to use elemental chakra faster than sasuke..and by relying on his own chakra not of kyubiis..if u have been reading manga u shd have known how he has been denying kyubi''s request of giving him power...moreover naruto is not dumb either we have seen how he has grown mentally..even ore time skip naruto was good...it was naruto's plan to make zabuza release that water prison....i can write more and more...but i have to go mess my haed iwth the webserver ...else i wud have written more!!

we dont know if naruto has a kekei genkai yet...resengan and chidori use different shape manipulations so one could argue that chidori is like a sharp sword and resengan is like a giant hammer...sasuke's chidor pierced the contaner where narutos burst through it...both were effective...plus chidori is an assassination jutsu it has to be sharp like that...

naruto is a better ninja than sasuke...when they were child naruto was one helpless kid who had noone who could train him...where as sasuke was always competing his brother..moreover his brother and father both helped him train...but naruto never had any1...if u ll say iruka..iruka came later ....
if minato was alive and even then naruto was like that ..then u cud have said he is nothing and only relies on kyubi etc etc..

naruto's character makes him a great friend and a talented ninja, sasuke's character makes him a great ninja and a selfish friend...in the end their abilities contrast one another...

if u r sasuke fan ..dun bash the hero atleast..
I'm a naruto fan...but without sasuke where would his motivation come from...

Last edited by Narutologist; 01-09-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Narutologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #119
moebrown20
Ninja

moebrown20 will become famous soon enoughmoebrown20 will become famous soon enoughmoebrown20 will become famous soon enough

I still say the Hyuga & Aburame clans are the most Underrated
Old 01-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #120
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutologist View Post

I'm a naruto fan...but without sasuke where would his motivation come from...
??? Tell me you never forgot that his first dream was to become Hokage. That is his primary goal. Always has been.

His second goal was to bring his friend back from the dark side.

Also, if Naruto thinks Konoha or the world is in danger then he would strive to protect it and place that above the two I just mentioned. He is very much a moralist. He's simply using Sasuke as an instigator to inspire him to become better.