The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread - Page 8 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #106
Miles T
Genin

Miles T is on a distinguished road
Re: The Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
Iran and Darfur and Obama's Iraqs.
Darfur is not ‘another Iraq’. Claiming that not only undermines but also insults the millions who have died or suffer in the Sudan conflict, and their plight. Non-interventionism is untenable because it means choosing—entirely willingly—not to help those who are deprived of their rights on the basis of country borders. Genocide in Darfur is not just ‘their problem’; one has a responsibility of ensuring the rights of fellow human beings wherever possible.

It is sometimes said that the Jewish community lingers too much on the Holocaust; that it is behind us. However, it is clear that the world has not learned its lesson. The prime message of the continuing focus on and reminding of the Holocaust is never again, and apparently that’s a message that still hasn’t sunk in.

The point is not so narrow as accepting Jews and not persecuting them. The point is not only not to sink into bigotry and racial and ethnic profiling oneself and internally, but also to intervene and stop it from the outside.

Two of the greatest horrors of the Holocaust are how it was so successful because of the complicity of the ‘Volk’ and the inaction of the rest of the world and its legacy. For all their disgust, many who emphatically condemn the Holocaust act like those who played a part in it. The Holocaust was so successful because the rest of the world allowed the situation to brew and escalate.

Never forget the consequences of non-interventionism:

The Past

The Present

Undoubtedly there will be those who think that those images have no place here; that they are too extreme (even though there doesn't seem to be any rule explicitly prohibiting posting them). I would disagree. By confronting the hard and shocking truths that stem from the folly of non-interventionism and abandoning our fellow human beings, we may yet learn. Parroting condemnations without comprehending them is insufficient protection against the failings of the past.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #107
Miburo

Hmmm, I dunno.

I mean, true, a policy of total non-intervention under any circumstance, ever, wouldn't be the greatest policy in the world. And I agree that the world shouldn't just sit by and allow mass genocide of innocent people, and shit like that.

But at the same time, I would hope a government would look out for it's own citizen's well-being first and foremost. It really shouldn't risk lives of it's people needlessly waging wars that don't effect us, or spending money that could be better spent on it's own citizens to needlessly police other countries. Of course exceptions should apply; but they should be just that: exceptions, not the rule. Non-interventionism really isn't that bad of an idea.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #108
itachi143
No cheese? :(

itachi143 can only hope to improve

mccain

1. im republican

2.with we havent had terrorists because of the war, if a democrat goes now theres at least 90 percent terrorists will attack the us

3.barack obama is friends with a guy who said he wanted to bomb the united states!!!
and is friends with terrorists!

4.a bunch of people are voting for him because their blaming the republicans (bush mostly) McCain is not president bush he will turn this arround

5. democrats are donkeys, and i dont vote for asses...
Old 10-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #109
Nic
Missing-Nin

Nic is infamous around these partsNic is infamous around these parts

^ On that war issue.

My mother is a EventPlanner/ Travel Manager for Samsung Telecommunications.
And she had to take classes on this shit.

Don't go and say that "Lik3 1f w3 hav3 McCain, he lik3s war, so t3rroist w0nt attk."

No, with or without McCain there is a 90% chance they are going to try something again, and it's a high chance that they are going for something in Las Vegas.

Im hoping for Obama.

We need a president who can inspire Americans across all divides, whether republican or democrat, black, brown, or white, woman or man. We do not need one who appeals to our fears and fuels mutual distrust. We need a president who can ask all Americans to make the sacrifices necessary to change the course of this country. We do not need one who asks us to go shopping while we send our young soldiers off to make those sacrifices for us. We need a president who understands that the government is not about politicians, corporations, or lobbyists; it is about we the people. We need a president who requires us to think, inspires us to dream, and challenges us to take action. We do not need one who asks us to trust blindly, to consume thoughtlessly, to follow the status quo without question.
Do not underestimate the power of hope, of words that inspire. We are at a pivotal crossroads in this country. We can choose to continue down a path that will leave a legacy for our children of insurmountable debt, perpetual wars, and environmental collapse, or we can create change. Only one candidate seems to get that it is not about him or her, it is about us. “We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” For these reasons, the choice for the next president of our United States of America is clear.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #110
Aruko
ANBU

Aruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enough

I agree with Nic. I do think that's the role of our president. But NOT if that president is going to infringe on our civil liberties in the process. With all amounts of anti-war and anti-weapon that Obama is, it's not far off to see him taking away our 2nd amendment.

I'm Repub. My personal belief is that this nation needs a restart. A clean wipe of legislation. We've learned a lot since 1776 and we need to impliment that in a clear set of rules, rights and legislations not the current bullshit we have. There should be greater definitions as to what a president can do legally, greater definitions as to what congress and the senate HAVE to do (like not being out while VOTING is going on...dumbshits), and most of all what the people should and can do when their government is stepping out of place. The emphasis of the US was for the people by the people. Well OBVIOUSLY the people aren't getting what they want. Even I as a Republican am not happy with ALL of the things that President Bush has done. But what the hell can we do about it? Vote for some shmuck who has the experience of a Jnr. Senator and a Community Organizer? Or vote for some Geezer who is about to croak and would prefer to bailout the dumbass banks then let them fail and show the country what we're about? That's all we can do; EXCEPT march on Washington in a mad mob status. That's our options, as I see it. In the mean time I'll give my support to the man who keeps guns in my house and allows me to carry them, within sense, on the streets. Take away my weapons and we'll have problems.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #111
musicjustin1
Genin

musicjustin1 is infamous around these parts

obama won already fags

I know without our fans and the devotion of our fans we wouldn't be here. I don't mean to put them down, but I'm just stating a fact that it is hard to play to people that see you all the time and it takes a lot of fun out of it in some ways.

PART OF THE UZUMAKI FC

Old 01-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #112
musicjustin1
Genin

Miles T, your signature is very diturbing.

I know without our fans and the devotion of our fans we wouldn't be here. I don't mean to put them down, but I'm just stating a fact that it is hard to play to people that see you all the time and it takes a lot of fun out of it in some ways.

PART OF THE UZUMAKI FC

Old 01-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #113
musicjustin1
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicjustin1 View Post
Miles T, your signature is very diturbing.
I mean your pics are.

PART OF THE UZUMAKI FC

Closed Thread