The shadow! - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #16
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The shadow!

Assuming we are basing our idea of the "devil" on Christian theology, as he most often is, then he is not omniscient. The devil is able to feed our minds with ideas and temptations, but unable to know what we are thinking. He is no doubt the greatest schemer ever, but to prevent me from simply turning on a light or walking out into the sun no doubt requires an alteration of reality on some level.

Edit: Shut the fuck up, RNB.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #17
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

For suck's sake, I just made a deal with the Devil. Why should there be any reason to live a normal life after that?

Edit: Oh yeah, I mean, you're probably the correctest here Doug. But it's interesting to think about it =P

Last edited by Jaxon; 01-18-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #18
uchiha-anwar
Missing-Nin

uchiha-anwar will become famous soon enoughuchiha-anwar will become famous soon enoughuchiha-anwar will become famous soon enough

@Mal~You got it 1st LOL i was gonna tell him the same thing.

Also don't take this subject so serious...its about fun and working imagination..

What will you give up your own shadow for?
uchiha-anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #19
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Assuming we are basing our idea of the "devil" on Christian theology, as he most often is, then he is not omniscient. The devil is able to feed our minds with ideas and temptations, but unable to know what we are thinking. He is no doubt the greatest schemer ever, but to prevent me from simply turning on a light or walking out into the sun no doubt requires an alteration of reality on some level.

Edit: Shut the fuck up, RNB.
The devil is just a stupid way of trying to remove blame from oneself. If all the devil does is tempt you then why would it even matter to believe in him? If he forces you into situations then you wouldn't be making a free will when choosing. If he doesn't, then "the devil" is just another term for human nature.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #20
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
For suck's sake, I just made a deal with the Devil. Why should there be any reason to live a normal life after that?

Edit: Oh yeah, I mean, you're probably the correctest here Doug. But it's interesting to think about it =P
I know, dude. Debating completely preposterous things is one of my favourite pass times. One time, a friend and I argues for almost two hours about the difference between "lost" and "misplaced".

Also, I'm sure the ultimate weapon would not be living a normal life in the first place.

Edit: RNB, stop taking life so seriously and get that stick out of your ass you idiot. You consistently inject your "wisdom" into other people's off-the-wall, ludicrous conversations for God knows what reason and everybody hates it every time you do it. No one cares about your unrelated opinion.

Last edited by Mal; 01-18-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #21
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha-anwar View Post
@Mal~You got it 1st LOL i was gonna tell him the same thing.
I was playing Devil's advocate. HHHNNNNGGGHHHH DUUUURRRRR. Criminy.

Oh yeah man, arguing the toss over anything is brill. It happens over the use of words a lot in my house =/
Old 01-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #22
RNB
El Topo

RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Edit: RNB, stop taking life so seriously and get that stick out of your ass you idiot. You consistently inject your "wisdom" into other people's off-the-wall, ludicrous conversations for God knows what reason and everybody hates it every time you do it. No one cares about your unrelated opinion.
This is why I hate Christians. Stupid stuff like this. "Stop taking life so seriously" is probably the dumbest thing a thinking-man could possibly due. While you stick with your candy-coated beliefs that give you pseudo-satisfaction I am trying to find more. Evidence shows I only get one life. Why would I not pursue my goal of existence (happiness) to the fullest extent?

The point is, people these days don't think about anything that matters. They care about sex, drugs, money, and all that shit without even realizing why they do it.

A good analogy would be computers. Most people, when they get a computer, don't give a rat's ass about how it works. However, then they end up doing really shitty things to it and they end up getting about half of what they could have gotten out of their computer. Some will actually find out how to use it and those people max it out to their fullest potential. You know what we call those people? We call them smart.

When we look at people who actually think about life, the definition changes. The common stereotype of a philosopher is some dude who thinks all day about metaphysics and shit. However, this is not the case. Everyone, in order to maximize existence, must become a philosopher.

So I use philosophical discourse with people whom I like to pursue the answers to the questions I have, and in return I might answer one of yours. I am not some relentless guy who never compromises. I do compromise. If you talked to me about half a year ago I was a post-modernist Brian McClaren asshole. Now I am much more orthodox. Before that, I was one of those really conservative dudes. Think about my political opinions. At first I was an anarcho-capitalist. Now I am an Objectivist who thinks government is morally necessary.

The truth is, no one wants to go to the trouble of talking anymore. If you want to go on talking about your shadow then whatever. I am not going to stop voicing my opinions though.

- Heraclitus
Old 01-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #23
Mal
Scotch

Possessing the ability to have fun and joke around does not mean you're incapable of thinking. However, there's a time to think, and there's a time to relax. The internet is not serious business, so I prefer not to think unless I choose to.

Please, be considerate and only share your view point when people ask for it. If we're trying to have fun, we don't want you killing it like this.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:24 PM   #24
RNB
El Topo

Quote:
Possessing the ability to have fun and joke around does not mean you're incapable of thinking. However, there's a time to think, and there's a time to relax. The internet is not serious business, so I prefer not to think unless I choose to.

Please, be considerate and only share your view point when people ask for it. If we're trying to have fun, we don't want you killing it like this.
You could have ignored my comment...

- Heraclitus
Old 01-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #25
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Sure, he could have ignored your comment. Or you could have not written it. But wait, you thought it was relevant to write it. And he thought it was relevant to read it. Just shut the fuck up already.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #26
Mal
Scotch

And you could have not made it in the first place. Anyone who chirps in with a serious, killjoy comment just really gets on my nerves. So far as I can tell, anyone who does is going out of their way to start a "debate" so they can tell other people how wrong they are.

It's just not cool, man.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #27
uchiha-anwar
Missing-Nin

uchiha-anwar will become famous soon enoughuchiha-anwar will become famous soon enoughuchiha-anwar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
The devil is just a stupid way of trying to remove blame from oneself. If all the devil does is tempt you then why would it even matter to believe in him? If he forces you into situations then you wouldn't be making a free will when choosing. If he doesn't, then "the devil" is just another term for human nature.
Sin isn't part of human being..its part of devil..if devils don't exist then we wont have the desire for sin inside us and we will see that doing the right thing is much better even if sins are tempting..
cuz the point is that devil planted the love of sins inside everyone according to his weakness and all he do after that is trigger it so after a certain point if devil disappeared the desire of doing sins will still be there.

see thats how you can take thread serous and far
uchiha-anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #28
RNB
El Topo

Quote:
And you could have not made it in the first place. Anyone who chirps in with a serious, killjoy comment just really gets on my nerves. So far as I can tell, anyone who does is going out of their way to start a "debate" so they can tell other people how wrong they are.

It's just not cool, man.
I am pretty sure that I have already stated I do it to tell people they are wrong. Of course, that would be your conclusion because you believe that you have the answers to life's most valuable questions.

Quote:
Sin isn't part of human being..its part of devil..if devils don't exist then we wont have the desire for sin inside us and we will see that doing the right thing is much better even if sins are tempting..
cuz the point is that devil planted the love of sins inside everyone according to his weakness and all he do after that is trigger it so after a certain point if devil disappeared the desire of doing sins will still be there.
Sin became part of humans as soon as we disobeyed God. If we do not choose sin on our own free will then we don't have any.

- Heraclitus

Last edited by RNB; 01-18-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #29
Mal
Scotch

No, that would be my conclusion because that's all you ever do when you "debate".
Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #30
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you guys just need to get over it and move on.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote