Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
seanizzzle
The Everknowing
 
seanizzzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada...nuf said
Age: 25
Posts: 132
Thanks: 24
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
seanizzzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

Quote:
GENEVA (AFP) - A 12-year-old girl was ordered to stop playing video games for 10 days by her Swiss doctor after it was found that a serious hand infection she was suffering from was caused by excessive gaming.
ADVERTISEMENT

The new infection has since been dubbed "Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis" by professor Vincent Piguet from the University Hospital of Geneva, Swiss news agency ATS reported.

The girl was taken to her doctor after suffering from painful lesions on her palms for four weeks.

"They were huge red nodes which were very spectacular," Piguet said, adding that he later learnt that the girl had hidden from her parents the fact that she spent hours on her PlayStation.

Piguet and his team concluded that the tension of the hands on the console and frenetic pressing on the buttons had triggered minuscule cutaneous injuries which were aggravated by sweat.

After her 10-day ban from PlayStation, the lesions went away.

The research was published in the British Journal of Dermatology.
Here are links

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ming-disease/1

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/09022...logy_offbeat_3


Now dats jus stupid. This is the first time i'm hearin of this...no one gets sik from gamin n i've neva experienced any injuries playin either. Unless if u count whipped in the face with the control by my friend. Wat do u guys think? Is it possible to get sik from gamin?

I luv the fact that they've specified it to PS. Which is bull n proves that its not gamin related..

if u ask me she hurt her hands from sumwher else..
__________________


Proud Member of Toad Sage Naruto: Konoha's Orange Flash Fc
Proud Member of Jaraiya FC


"As Payment i'll let you play with me, Though you're an idiot Baby!"



"I dance like the Butterfly! I'm the Eight Tails! I sting like a Bee!"

Last edited by seanizzzle; 02-26-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: ppl need to chill
seanizzzle is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 02-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
Kina
Star-Stuff
 
Kina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: You do not matter. None of us do.
Age: 22
Posts: 3,433
Thanks: 752
Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

Lol, she was a n00b.
__________________


Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.


When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.


Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
seanizzzle
The Everknowing
 
seanizzzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada...nuf said
Age: 25
Posts: 132
Thanks: 24
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
seanizzzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

^^ Agreed!!!!..fukn idiot
__________________


Proud Member of Toad Sage Naruto: Konoha's Orange Flash Fc
Proud Member of Jaraiya FC


"As Payment i'll let you play with me, Though you're an idiot Baby!"



"I dance like the Butterfly! I'm the Eight Tails! I sting like a Bee!"
seanizzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held
 
ShinobiKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Andorra
Age: 21
Posts: 1,914
Thanks: 470
Thanked 84 Times in 56 Posts
ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

She wasn't "sik". She got lesions on her hands from tightly gripping the controller for so long. It's very possible. Use common sense here: if you play video games excessively, there will be consequences. Stick to reasonable amounts of time and you're fine. Also, your allusion to masturbation fails because she was a girl. In fact, that post had so much stupidity, I've red-repped it.

What interests me is that they actually specified PlayStation in the name. If it happened on an Xbox 360, would they give it a different name?
__________________


ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
seanizzzle
The Everknowing
 
seanizzzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada...nuf said
Age: 25
Posts: 132
Thanks: 24
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
seanizzzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight View Post
She wasn't "sik". She got lesions on her hands from tightly gripping the controller for so long. It's very possible. Use common sense here: if you play video games excessively, there will be consequences. Stick to reasonable amounts of time and you're fine. Also, your allusion to masturbation fails because she was a girl. In fact, that post had so much stupidity, I've red-repped it.

What interests me is that they actually specified PlayStation in the name. If it happened on an Xbox 360, would they give it a different name?
Yo calm the fuk down its all in gud fun.i kno sum of it was stupid n said on impulse so chill..neg repping that was goin too far my friend...n suddenly jumpin to the conclusion that i meant masturbation is retard'd (no offense meant).it is wat it says she got hurt doin sumthin else..i'll edit if it makes u happy...geez ppl need to relax... n wen i say sik it's in a general sense not specifically sayin she got sum biological thin wrong with her...i can read u kno..dude u're only sixteen...relax..dunt be an old man jus yet
__________________


Proud Member of Toad Sage Naruto: Konoha's Orange Flash Fc
Proud Member of Jaraiya FC


"As Payment i'll let you play with me, Though you're an idiot Baby!"



"I dance like the Butterfly! I'm the Eight Tails! I sting like a Bee!"

Last edited by seanizzzle; 02-26-2009 at 09:02 PM.
seanizzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held
 
ShinobiKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Andorra
Age: 21
Posts: 1,914
Thanks: 470
Thanked 84 Times in 56 Posts
ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

I call 'em as I see 'em. I'm not angry, it's just that so much stupidity in one post gives me a lot to dislike. Also, don't pretend that's not what you meant.
__________________


ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
seanizzzle
The Everknowing
 
seanizzzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada...nuf said
Age: 25
Posts: 132
Thanks: 24
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
seanizzzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

Nope it is not, i was actually thinkin of sumthin else..since i cant prove it..there's nuthin else to say... seeing so much stupidity in one post???..wtf?? watevs...its all perception right?..well 4get bout it..haha funny..now bac to the original topic of discussion
__________________


Proud Member of Toad Sage Naruto: Konoha's Orange Flash Fc
Proud Member of Jaraiya FC


"As Payment i'll let you play with me, Though you're an idiot Baby!"



"I dance like the Butterfly! I'm the Eight Tails! I sting like a Bee!"

Last edited by seanizzzle; 02-26-2009 at 09:14 PM.
seanizzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanizzzle View Post
Nope it is not, i was actually thinkin of sumthin else..
Which would have been what exactly?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #9
seanizzzle
The Everknowing
 
seanizzzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada...nuf said
Age: 25
Posts: 132
Thanks: 24
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
seanizzzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

mibs cant u see how im tryin to deflect the attention here..dun ruin it...
__________________


Proud Member of Toad Sage Naruto: Konoha's Orange Flash Fc
Proud Member of Jaraiya FC


"As Payment i'll let you play with me, Though you're an idiot Baby!"



"I dance like the Butterfly! I'm the Eight Tails! I sting like a Bee!"
seanizzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #10
Hurricane Chronicles
Hunter-Nin
 
Hurricane Chronicles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,019
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Hurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the roughHurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the roughHurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the roughHurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the roughHurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the rough
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

How do you know wat Seanizzle was talkin bout. Forreal some of ya are as foolish as they come. Stop assuming shit, and stop fucking red repping everything motherfuckers.

Dont make an Ass out of yourself by Assuming.

Like I always said "Not a flame unless you want it to be"


as for the legions on her hand it proably did come from gaming really hard. She proably is a button masher she's only kid anyway. too add to that Kids do alot of dumb shit anyway so it proably was a combo of gaming and other activities that cause her hand to get damaged in the way that it did.

ps. CHILL THE FUCK OUT PPL Its just a fucking forumn Damnnnnnnnnnnn

and Mibs stop instigating
__________________

Last edited by Hurricane Chronicles; 02-26-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Hurricane Chronicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #11
Spiegel
Pirate King
 
Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Line (New World)
Age: 26
Posts: 5,093
Thanks: 1,108
Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight View Post
She wasn't "sik". She got lesions on her hands from tightly gripping the controller for so long. It's very possible. Use common sense here: if you play video games excessively, there will be consequences. Stick to reasonable amounts of time and you're fine. Also, your allusion to masturbation fails because she was a girl. In fact, that post had so much stupidity, I've red-repped it.

What interests me is that they actually specified PlayStation in the name. If it happened on an Xbox 360, would they give it a different name?
She's 12 give her a break. She was probably stressed out that she couldn't get past a certain stage or something and was just to into the game to put it down. This happens to everyone, plus the PS3 controllers aren't exactly ergonomically stable to be played for hours on end. I do agree with you and Kina, she could have used a bit more sense and spaced out her gameplay sessions a bit.
__________________
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:13 AM   #12
zer0systm
Antagonist
 
zer0systm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West. Australia
Age: 25
Posts: 1,012
Thanks: 4,274
Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight View Post
She wasn't "sik". She got lesions on her hands from tightly gripping the controller for so long. It's very possible. Use common sense here: if you play video games excessively, there will be consequences. Stick to reasonable amounts of time and you're fine. Also, your allusion to masturbation fails because she was a girl. In fact, that post had so much stupidity, I've red-repped it.

What interests me is that they actually specified PlayStation in the name. If it happened on an Xbox 360, would they give it a different name?
Wouldn't happen because when you see a Xbox 360 you do a 360 and moonwalk away....

that was really PS3 fanboyist of me despite the fact i have a 360 aswell =/
__________________
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
zer0systm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:36 PM   #13
Jfreekao
馬鹿!!!
 
Jfreekao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shibusen
Age: 21
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jfreekao is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

You know, I wonder why you don't see this happening to school students who hold pencils all day... Kinda makes you wonder whether this is a conspiracy or not...
__________________




Times are denoted in Eastern Standard Time

Monday 9:00 P.M. - Ramen Radio

Tuesday - None

Wednesday 9:00 P.M. - Son of Shinobi

Thursday - None

Friday 9:00 P.M. - Music Spotlight/What You Need To Know (alternates weekly)

Saturday 1:00 P.M. - The Tail End

Sunday - None

Guest List



Click the images to go to the show pages
Jfreekao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #14
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held
 
ShinobiKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Andorra
Age: 21
Posts: 1,914
Thanks: 470
Thanked 84 Times in 56 Posts
ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

^ My guess is that students don't grip pencils as tightly, and not for as long as she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi87 View Post
She's 12 give her a break. She was probably stressed out that she couldn't get past a certain stage or something and was just to into the game to put it down. This happens to everyone, plus the PS3 controllers aren't exactly ergonomically stable to be played for hours on end. I do agree with you and Kina, she could have used a bit more sense and spaced out her gameplay sessions a bit.
What? No, no, I wasn't saying anything about the girl in the article. I was responding to seanizzzzzzzzzzle's "Is it possible to get sik from gamin?" comment. I have nothing against the girl. Actually, I'd like to meet her, if only to ask what game she was playing.

@Hurricane Chronicles: Look up "hypocrisy", then come back and reread that post.
__________________


ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #15
VirgilIantu
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VirgilIantu is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Palmare PlayStation Hidradenitis

Awesome, that's sweet!
VirgilIantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.