Is Minato son of Tsunade? Where is Naruto's Grandparents? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
bliz
Genin

bliz is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Is Minato son of Tsunade? Where is Naruto's Grandparents?

Not my idea originally or nor do i take credit for it. It brings up a important question of where is Naruto's grandparents.

Here is the original post that i found on another forum while i was searching to see if there was any spoiler out.

The link:http://www.forums.endless-naruto.com...ummaries-6814/

Some quotaion-

Quote:
This is a theory i have been thinking about for a long time, but never really got around to posting it because it wasn't top of my list on the theories/threads that i wanted to post. Anyway i think its pretty apparent from the hints in the manga that Tsunade and Dan are Minato's mother/father. The reason i think this is true is because there are just so many hints shown in the manga and Data-book thats its almost undeniable. So i'll try and keep this short and post them in a list
1-Tsunade and Minato have the same exact blood type(B).

2-Dan and Minato graduated the Academy at the Same time(When they were 10) *not literally the SAME year

3-Tsunade and Minato Share the Same Hair Color(Blond)

4-Minato and Dan are around the same height and weight as each other(they are only different by a 3-4 in both categories)

5-Naruto and Nawaki(tsunade's brother) look nearly identical. Shows possibly a family resemblance

6-Its interesting that naruto always calls Tsunade Grandma Tsunade, which would be very ironic on kishi's part if it was true

Now that the basic comparisons are over here's the real big evidance

5-Madara suggest that the Hokage line has been kept in the Senju clan for years. When he talks about this their is a picture of the hokage mountain and it shows the fourth hokage's head on it. This implies that the Hokage position was still held by the Senju even during the fourth Hokage's time, which inturn implies that the fourth hokage is a Senju.

Where else would he get the blood from the Senju clan then Tsunade.

6-Tsunade passes down the hokage necklace to naruto which was set to stay in Tsunade's family and passed down in their family since the first hokage. Since there is a big deal made out of the necklace i think this implies that Naruto might be in Tsunade's family.

7-Yamato remarks about naruto's Chakra being special because he is able to hold off the power of the 4-tails w/o dieing. This might be because naruto is related to the Senju clan and thus his chakra has the same qualities as Shodai which helps to protect him from the kyuubi chakra

8-There is a great amount of symbolism between Shodai-Naruto and Sasuke-Madara. They stood on that statues of each other at the valley of the end(Naruto on Shodai's and Sasuke on Madara's). Many people thought this implied that Shodai is like naruto and sasuke is like Madara. But Sasuke is actually and Uchiha so i don't see why this wouldn't also imply that naruto is a Senju.

9-And i think this is the biggest telling piece of information eventhough some people might read the dialog differently then i did. Now remember the chapter where Jiriaya tells Tsunade that he is going to Ame to look for AL and they have Sake. Well when their discussion turns to minato alot of things bother me about the way Jiriaya talks to Tsunade.

...................continues on if you look at the link.
To be honest its a thoughtful question since it brings up many question and answers.

Like who are indeed Narutos Grandparents from mothers and fathers side. Its astonishing that no one brought that up. Narutos mother might be dead and father dead confirmed but where are his grandparents.

Fourth Hokage died young said best so his parents must be around about 40ish minus and plus 3 years. Because i can guess but Minato is around about 20 years old. Now Minato's parents and Narutos mother's parents would be later 50's. Why did they not be there for Naruto?

So to me Tsunade kind of fills the role since as the person said:

-Tsunade had Minato, "baby", and left him for adption so why he doesn't have the family name, although Tsunade doesn't carry the Senju clan name in the first place.
-Minatos father could be Dan, as Tsunade greatly cares and loves him and we don't really know what colour his hair his, or i think that is. We see it in the anime but anime could have twisted it because even they did not know what colour it was since Kishi doesn't work really closely with the animators i guess like Tite-Bleach creater does.
-Minato could have been adopted by Namikaze familly, and Tsunade left the villiage although time to time visited or be labelled as missing-nin.
-So, does Minato know about his parents? If so, why did he not leave his child to their care before death if he had time to make a request that Naruto should be seen as a hero?
-Lets not have deaths again that they died early, as well as Narutos mothers parents.
-I can also guess that when Minato died, Tsunade and not even Jiraiya was present in the village and also she was so shocked of his news of death she never returned to the village or somthing like that. Also Naruto was kept a secret in the first place so she might have not even known until Jiraiya informed her at which some else was looking after him when Naruto was a baby like a foster mother thing.

Points for the thoery:
-Minato has a massive chakra pool, to pull of S-class Jutsu's like that and only Senju clan members were said to have massive chakra pool.
-It was said Hokage line runs through the Senju clan by your truly Madara who we know has been alive since the first hokage, so Minato is one as well.
-This link:http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/367/11/
Its like Jiraiya said: "if he have been my kid, i would have bragged about him always". So we can take it as he knows Minatos parents and also they are alive yet they don't brag about him. You can't brag if your not alive and since Jiraiya sounds like Minatos parent (who ever they are) should be very proud, they are indicated to be alive or one of the parents at least. Since Tsunade is the only one present and who is never known to brag, then why do we get the feel its her. She looks down (sad) with her head down at the moment and unhappy soon as Minato got mentioned.

Does she feel responsible for Minato anyways? Why be sad about Minato who she might have never known closely since she has not been in the village for a long time after Dan's death. Why is she lost in her thoughts if you look at her face in:http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/367/10/. I don't see Jiraiya making the sad expression and what Jiraiya said afterward in the next page sounds like he is trying to cheer Tsunade up.

I mean Minato could be blood related only and so on but its strange thou.

The only thing that goes against this theory is:

A) Orochimaru did not offer to Tsunade, that he would bring back Minato alive which means:
-Tsunade does not care for him, and how could for a son she never known on a personal level
-Orochimaru hated Minato too much because he took his Hokage position
-Orochimaru doesn't know, which is likely since he was more or less mad with Immortality to have noticed who gets born or not.

B) Tsunade never calls Minato on a personal level. Calls him either Fourth Hokage same as her grandfather "first hokage" or full name Namikaze Minato. A mother never does that but is it because she feels detached and guilt for not being there for him? Afterall she even explains when you become hokage you have to call them properly and no first names. Her own words after she took the role of 5th hokage.

Who knows and who cares if Minato is indeed son of Tsunade and Dan beause in the end question remains:

Narutos parents might be dead but where were his grandparents who are never mentioned and did not even bother to look after him from such troubled childhood?

Last edited by bliz; 03-03-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
The Madness
Passion Rules

Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice
Re: Is Minato son of Tsunade? Where is Naruto's Grandparents?

tl;dr

Plenty of 'evidence' to support that Minato is Tsunade's son.

Last edited by The Madness; 03-03-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

You do make a lot of pointless threads which i have stopped reading fully. Yep Minato must be Tsunades son because they have the same hair color. OMG OMG OMG can i say it again OMG your so right. I will be damned your right the same hair color is a dead give away. So Tsunade really is granny.

Last edited by Mystik; 03-03-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
Grand_Fireball
Genin

Grand_Fireball is on a distinguished road

How was Sarutobi related to the Senju clan?
Old 03-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
The Madness
Passion Rules

Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice

I am Minato's mother, how can tsunade be.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
bliz
Genin

Post Re: Is Minato son of Tsunade? Where is Naruto's Grandparents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
You do make a lot of pointless threads which i have stopped reading fully. Yep Minato must be Tsunades son because they have the same hair color. OMG OMG OMG can i say it again OMG your so right. I will be damned your right the same hair color is a dead give away. So Tsunade really is granny.
I did say its not my theory nor do i care if Minato is or is not son of Tsunade. This post was about where is Naruto's grandparents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_Fireball View Post
How was Sarutobi related to the Senju clan?
Its Madara saying so: Hokage position has always been conrolled by Senju clan members. He Sarutobi knew the first and trained by the second personally as a genin and at that time Senju clan was still dominant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadness0308 View Post
I am Minato's mother, how can tsunade be.
Please don't make useless post comments, although it would be nice Naruto universe came real since we would know "PAIN" with constant fighting going on and on.

Last edited by bliz; 03-03-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Besides all the obvious all I'll state is this.

The timeframe doesn't fit at all. Tsunade would have been knocked up at like 16-20 lol.
Minato died at around 30+, Tsunade is only 50 in Part 1. Dan and Jiraiya might have noticed a kid running around her feet when they were romancing her.

Also before someone suggests it for lulz: teen pregnancies don't happen in Naruto, although if Hinata does a Kunerai after this arc (even if she is dead o_0) I retract my comment.

Last edited by Tzu Men; 03-03-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #8
Grand_Fireball
Genin

Bliz- but Sarutobi not being directly related to the Senju clan allows for a big hole in this theory.
As in, Minato isn't actually related to the Senju at all and was trained by Jiraiya, who was trained by Sarutobi, to trained directly under the Senju. In the same way Sarutobi isn't related to Senju. Although, 3/5 is still good odds for Senju's rule.
The theory is interesting, but I don't buy it one bit and think that Madara is just an old, jealous fart.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #9
bliz
Genin

Post Re: Is Minato son of Tsunade? Where is Naruto's Grandparents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu men View Post
Besides all the obvious all I'll state is this.

The timeframe doesn't fit at all. Tsunade would have been knocked up at like 16-20 lol.
Minato died at around 30+, Tsunade is only 50 in Part 1. Dan and Jiraiya might have noticed a kid running around her feet when they were romancing her.
You just proved that Tsunade is indeed Minato mother. 50-30 =20. Why couldn't she have a kid at that time with Dan and Jiraiya was rejected long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_Fireball View Post
Bliz- but Sarutobi not being directly related to the Senju clan allows for a big hole in this theory.
As in, Minato isn't actually related to the Senju at all and was trained by Jiraiya, who was trained by Sarutobi, to trained directly under the Senju. In the same way Sarutobi isn't related to Senju. Although, 3/5 is still good odds for Senju's rule.
The theory is interesting, but I don't buy it one bit and think that Madara is just an old, jealous fart.
I did not say Sarutobi not being directly related. I think and totally confident that:

Sarutobi, Jiraiya, Minato are all Senju. What is the problem with people that every time someone brings this up and it gets squashed. What does people have against Senju clan. Is someone going to say "Senju clan are totally dead forever except Tsunade".

What is Madara's revenge for then if not to wipe all the senju clan off since Uchiha and Senju clan are like fire and water. Madara still feels the pain of approx 100 or so years ago. Exactly what has generated this Naruto story if not this rivalry between Uchiha and Senju clan, and if there were no other Senju clan members then what is the reason for all this blood shed on Madara part. He won and he should be happy since there is no Senju clan blood line left (as Tsunade is too old and has no one else) whereas uchiha blood line is till there.

For Gods sake please someone read the last thing I said.

Narutos parents might be dead but where were his grandparents who are never mentioned and did not even bother to look after him from such troubled childhood?

This is the main point of the post. Is Minato son of Tsunade? is just a side question that intrgued me so i decided to share with you all.

Last edited by bliz; 03-03-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #10
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

aaahhhhhh....

If Namikaze Minato is a Senju whe dont called him Senju Minato??? Whats the point putting Namikaze. Who are they afraid of?

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #11
Grand_Fireball
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz View Post
Its Madara saying so: Hokage position has always been conrolled by Senju clan members. He Sarutobi knew the first and trained by the second personally as a genin and at that time Senju clan was still dominant.
This, in no way, suggests that Sarutobi is directly related to the Senju clan.
You miss my point- if you use this reasoning to describe Sarutobi's connection, then you allow for Minato's connection to be removed also, although now- you are confident that Sarutobi is a Senju. However, he'd have to be a cousin/nephew or some indirectly connection, otherwise, his last name would be Senju. Too bad no real evidence supports any of this.

In response to your complaint that Madara needs reason to wish to destroy Konoha, but in fact, he truly doesn't, and that makes him MORE evil. Like I said, he's just a jealous old fart who seeks nothing but revenge.

And I believe that Tsunade is the only Senju left alive, unless plot reveals a husband, child, or otherwise unnecessary twist.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #12
Scatmann
Genin

Scatmann is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you got someting there bliz, it might be true but stil, it could be awesome to know about naruto`s grandparents for sure.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
moebrown20
Ninja

moebrown20 will become famous soon enoughmoebrown20 will become famous soon enoughmoebrown20 will become famous soon enough

I like this theory.
I will have to look more into it.
I wonder after this pain fight, will someone tell him about his parents?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #14
Hurricane Chronicles
Hunter-Nin

Hurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the roughHurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the roughHurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the roughHurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the roughHurricane Chronicles is a jewel in the rough

I just realized Naruto's not even human he's one of those kids off of Race to Witch Mountain lol
Old 03-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #15
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

If tsunade is narutos grandmother, that would have to mean tsunade doesnt know minato is her son since tsunades should already know that Naruto is minatos son so??

I can admit that alot of little things can support that maybe Kishi is trying to tell us something about tsunade. however, we wont know anything for sure until Kishi decides to reveal the secrets of narutos past.
Closed Thread