Minato's Soul-A possible vague hint? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 05-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
saiyaman
Chuunin

saiyaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Minato's Soul-A possible vague hint?

I've been thinking about this for quite sometime. I wonder if someone has thought about this but here's what it is.

Remember the time when Orochimaru carried out his destruction of the leaf campaign? His job was to assassinate his own teacher, the third hokage. His ultimate weapon: resurrection of the previous hokages. The third hokage however as we know, managed to reduce it at least a little so that the third coffin would not rise up and reveal.............Minato.

Here's my confusion: Can a soul which has been doomed to do battle in the deathgod's belly forever be summoned into a reincarnated body? If it cannot be done, then a strange possibility arises: Minato's soul is not in the Deathgod after all. If this turns out to be true, then who was the sacrifice in order for the Kyuubi to be sealed inside Naruto? Does this point towards a possible father-son reunion again inside the good ol' belly?

Before Minato vanished, he did mention that he was leaving and that he was low on chakra. This has to confirm that at least part of Minato's soul is inside Naruto. However the questions above can also lead to a different possibility. So what do you people think?

Old 05-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
SunXia
Chuunin

SunXia will become famous soon enoughSunXia will become famous soon enough
Re: Minato's Soul-A possible vague hint?

I could have sworn that Orochimaru noted that his attempt to resurrect the fourth failed!! It never goes into detail over whether the Jutsu itself failed or if it was Sarutobi that prevented it!!

I like to think it failed as a Jutsu merely because in order to defeat the other two Hokages, Sarutobi had them sealed away in the same Death God's belly!! Thus it wouldn't make sense if they could be resurrected from it, otherwise, how could they be stopped by that method in the first place??

If becoming enlightened or intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me, then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life.
SunXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
Archbound
Genin

Archbound is on a distinguished road

Its not a bad question.

However, I don't think we have enough information to proove or disproove it.
Might be something to put into a pocket and see if it develops further later in the manga.
Archbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
platinumrug
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,400 Posts
platinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really nice

Maybe he meant as more like because he was a security system inside Naruto just in case this happens that it's chakra is fading, I don't really believe that he means the real Minato's chakra is fading. Although it could.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
saiyaman
Chuunin

saiyaman is an unknown quantity at this point

@SunXia: Still there is a doubt regarding that matter. Can a soul be summoned from the deathgod's belly? If so, then I see a chance for Naruto to unite the Yin and Yang of the Kyuubi.

EDIT: And remember we have no info which says that the First and the Second Hokage were inside the DeathGod before Orochimaru summoned them.

@Archbound: Yes. Lack of more information on this leaves it in the dark as of now. Minato's appearance inside Naruto was a shocker. I wonder how many more of this is in the pipeline.

@platinumrug:Still, I believe it is a part of Minato's soul if he uses chakra in a better way than what a fail safe would do.

Last edited by saiyaman; 05-22-2009 at 01:07 PM.
saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
saskatu
Blitzkrieg

saskatu is an unknown quantity at this point

Seeing how that almost every character in a way is able to escape death, it doesn't surprise me that Minato was able to pull off what he did in Naruto.

Maybe Naruto could take use of Minato's soul being in him. Naruto could use Shadow Clone jutsu and some Minato as a clone.

saskatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough

^ Yeah, on his way back to the village now, he should make a shadow clone and henge it to Minato and introduce him to everyone in the village as his father!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #8
poolangya
gotta catch em all

poolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enoughpoolangya will become famous soon enough

good question, but not much detail to have an answer for. i myself do not believe that minato was sealed as a sacrifice to the deathgod's belly. he somehow managed to tweek the jutsu to do as he bids, instead of the target and the user being sealed into the deathgod's belly, he was able to part of the kyubi and most possibly part of himself inside Naruto, thus the minato's appearance inside naruto's subconscious when the time arises. i dunno the extent of his existence inside naruto, but how he did tweek the death god sealing technique is not far from impossible, since he was supposedly the one who invented it.
poolangya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #9
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough

This is actually a good point. The Shiki Fuujin requires a sacrificial soul along with a target soul. Since one half of Kyubi is in the Death God's belly and the other half is in Naruto's stomach, could it be possible that the target soul was Kyubi and the sacrificial soul was also Kyubi ? I mean... one half as the target, and the other half as the sacrifice ??

Seems quite bizzare...
Old 05-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #10
IgnisV
What is Genin?

IgnisV will become famous soon enoughIgnisV will become famous soon enough

Kushina sacrificed herself to seal the kyuubi. Lmao.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #11
freedom07
SASUKE'S TRUE #1 FAN!!

freedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura about

i doubt it ....the first part of your theory isnt impossible but saying that the 4ths soul is in naruto doesnt mean he'll pop back up.

the 4th sealed a bit of his own chakra inside naruto to stop him going full 9 tails...that chakra is limited ...the 4th cant reporduce chakra when hes dead so when that chakra runs out which it has the 4th is now fully dead
freedom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to freedom07 For This Useful Post:
platinumrug (05-22-2009)
Old 05-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #12
Archbound
Genin

Archbound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom07 View Post
i doubt it ....the first part of your theory isnt impossible but saying that the 4ths soul is in naruto doesnt mean he'll pop back up.

the 4th sealed a bit of his own chakra inside naruto to stop him going full 9 tails...that chakra is limited ...the 4th cant reporduce chakra when hes dead so when that chakra runs out which it has the 4th is now fully dead

The problem with that is that the way you say it makes it sound as if it was just a recording. But tbh the way Minato talked it did not feel like a pre-recorded message at all. It very much seemed like Minato was summoned from the DeathGod into Naruto.

But as I stated before anything at this point is pure speculation. There just is no evidence in the Manga to proove or disproove any of it.
Archbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #13
Myth
Kage

Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,635 Posts
Myth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really nice

never was it stated that the 4th was going to come up in the manga the 3rd coffin never came up sarutobi didn't do anything to prevent it either he said i must stop this but the 3rd coffin never came up like it did in the anime.

Also recent chapters showed that minato sealed himself up in naruto or at least a part of him which is why he split the kyuubi in half maybe to seal his half and the kyuubi's in naruto. im sure minato will be shown and talked about more in the manga after all he is credited to be the greatest hokage and strongest leaf ninja ever, he was also strong enough for madara to not show up to fight but rather use the ultimate being kyuubi.

Now that minato revealed that someone else is akatsuki's true leader and that he used the kyuubi there will be lot's of shit regarding the matter..
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
Silverblade
Missing-Nin

Silverblade is a glorious beacon of lightSilverblade is a glorious beacon of lightSilverblade is a glorious beacon of lightSilverblade is a glorious beacon of lightSilverblade is a glorious beacon of lightSilverblade is a glorious beacon of lightSilverblade is a glorious beacon of lightSilverblade is a glorious beacon of light

If Minato could be summoned from the death god belly ONLY if someone summons the third hokage in battle. Third Hokage > everyone in the manga so far except the death god since he sealed Shodai, Nidai and orochimaru ninjutsu into him self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF?? View Post
^ Yeah, on his way back to the village now, he should make a shadow clone and henge it to Minato and introduce him to everyone in the village as his father!!!
Remember. People cannot know they are related because trouble might arise. It is not Akatsuki i tell you.
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #15
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
If Minato could be summoned from the death god belly ONLY if someone summons the third hokage in battle. Third Hokage > everyone in the manga so far except the death god since he sealed Shodai, Nidai and orochimaru ninjutsu into him self.

Remember. People cannot know they are related because trouble might arise. It is not Akatsuki i tell you.
There are certain people who do know about them and their flabbergasted expressions will be enough to create doubt in the remaining people's minds...