your favorite anime series - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #76
H_I
Jounin

H_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure Evil
Re: your favorite anime series

FMA is Full Metal Alchemist
H_I is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #77
narutojm
Jounin

narutojm is on a distinguished roadnarutojm is on a distinguished road

i need to learn internet lang.
owner of wagashi fc
member of hitsuguya fc
owner of T.B.O fc
proud member of hentai fc
owner of wanegan fc
owner of straw hat pirates fc
www.animeworld.forumsland.com
narutojm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #78
Hokage6thNarutofan16
6thHokage Believe it

Hokage6thNarutofan16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: your favorite anime series

I would say my favorite is

1 Naruto
2 Bleach
3 One Piece
4 Trigun
5 Cowboy Bebop
6 Scryed

True Child of Prophecy

Proud Member of the Jiraiya FC

Proud Member of the Three Legendary Sannin FC

Proud Memberof Toadsage Naruto: Konoha's Orange Flash FC

Proud Member Of the Yondaime FC

Proud Member of the Official Leaf Shinobi FC
Hokage6thNarutofan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:04 PM   #79
narutojm
Jounin

what is scryed
owner of wagashi fc
member of hitsuguya fc
owner of T.B.O fc
owner of wanegan fc
Old 06-21-2009, 12:59 AM   #80
itachijm
Missing-Nin

itachijm is an unknown quantity at this point

my first is dbz but of course naruto is the best
itachijm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:49 AM   #81
narutojm
Jounin

boooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! naruto is not the best but awsome the best is ONE PIECE
owner of wagashi fc
member of hitsuguya fc
owner of T.B.O fc
owner of wanegan fc
The Following User Says Thank You to narutojm For This Useful Post:
Spiegel (06-21-2009)
Old 06-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #82
itachijm
Missing-Nin

itachijm is an unknown quantity at this point

what!!! naruto kills one piece by a lot dude
itachijm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #83
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachijm View Post
what!!! naruto kills one piece by a lot dude
One Piece > Naruto/Bleach

There is no arguing about it. lol.........I am serious!

This was written by user on another forum which sums up nicely why One Piece is a better manga than Bleach and Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "chaosof99 - AnimePulse"
1) Imperfect characters: All the characters have some sort of flaw in their character. Nobody behaves perfectly and sometimes there is tension between the crew. Most notable example in this regard is the moment Usopp left the crew and his fight with Luffy.

Counter-Example: Ichigo in Bleach is practically always perfect and never does anything bad.

2) The main characters can lose. Yes, technically they can't since they will not die and they will get back up to fight again, but unlike many other series, the main characters will lose sometimes and will draw a lesson out of the loss. Examples for this would be Zorro losing to Mihawk, Luffy losing to Crocodile twice and most recently Luffy losing to Magellan in their first encounter.

Counter-Example: Captain Tsubasa is pretty horrible in this regard as the team can absolutely not lose. There is always some sort off miraculous upset happening. I also heard that Fist of the North Star is also very much just Kenshiro steamrolling through legions of people.

3) Limited Power-creep: The devil fruits introduced is just a genius idea because it does not allow for other characters to learn the same fighting techniques and every characters fighting style is unique. This is even true for characters that do not use Devil Fruits.

Counter-Example: Dragonball is the most easy to pinpoint here. Oh, Goku learned how to fly, next arc everybody can fly. Goku learned how to feel auras, next arc everybody can feel auras. Goku has become as Super-Sayajin which of course can only be reached by one Sayajin every 1000 years, in the following arcs every Sayajin reaches SSJ-level...

4) Limited Deus-Ex-Machina: The problem with Deus Ex Machina is not that it is used in general. Sometimes DEM is needed to make things interesting, to surprise the reader and to show off new things. However, if the Deus Ex Machina is overused or oversteps the boundaries of previously established restrictions are overstepped. In One Piece, while there is room for new surprises, Oda does not overstep the boundaries and just lets things happen for no reason, but adheres to the previously established limitations. Examples for this would be Luffy's Gears 2 and 3 and Robin's Cien Fleur Wing where the characters use their changed properties thoroughly but still do feasible things with them.

Counter-Example: Both Bleach and Naruto are pretty bad with this. In Bleach there are almost in every single battle something happening for no reason at all, the latest being Ichigo's hole turning him into a full hollow. In Naruto the most major one was Kankuro, Temari and Gaara showing up from absolutely nowhere for no reason to save Kiba, Shikamaru and Lee. Even Lee was a pretty week Deus Ex Machina appearance in the first place as was his opponent Kimimaru.

5) Foreshadowing: Oda actually likes to do some foreshadowing and leaving the reader questioning what the significance of or the mechanic behind certain incidents was. Most notably was Robin stealing Luffy's hat during their first encounter at Whiskey Peak foreshadowing her Devil Fruit and Robin's disappearance together with the CP9 member in the dead-end street in Water 7 almost right before Sanji's eyes which foreshadowed Blueno's Doa Doa no Mi.

6) Tying up loose ends and re-using old characters: While there may be significant time in between their appearance, Oda has actually made a good habit out of re-using old characters for some purposes, such as Hatchi, Buggy and the Baroque Works recently, and giving more significance to old incidents in the plot or just tying up loose ends. The most major of this in my opinion is the reuse of Fishmen Karate for Jimbei and the crew encountering Brook and his role with Laboon.

7) Change of scenery: A very long running series like One Piece can sometimes become bland and boring as nothing really happens and almost every thing stays constantly the same. However, Oda does something great to avert this with traveling over the sea. Every single locale of One Piece has a rather unique feeling to it and is very coherent in itself. This can be observed in the landscape, architecture and clothing of the inhabitants of each island just as well as their culture.

8 ) Parallel story development: The problem with shonen fighting manga is often that while there is some overarching plot that is supposed to be achieved, the actual fights do nothing to advance the plot. In One Piece however, Oda uses the remaining characters that are not actively participating in the fights to advance the plot during the same chapters.

Counter-Example: Bleach is pretty notorious for having all other characters stand around and watch while the main characters are fighting. Dragonball also has this questionable honor.

9) Overarching and Sideplots: A lot of series have one problem: The main characters are too important. Due to the main characters being very powerful it appears as if the universe of discourse would be completely stagnant without them. They are made a root cause and main driving force for absolutely everything that happens. And if they are not, they are usually a direct observant of the other dealings.

In contrast to that, One Piece has an overarching plot which is told to the reader, even though with limits to it, about other Events throughout the world, such as Ace hunting Blackbeard, Buggy and Smoker chasing after Luffy, the World Government deciding about a new Shichibukai or the meeting between Shanks and Whitebeard. There are also sideplots told in the chapter title pages featuring previously introduced characters and adventures they have. Of course, these plots may have later significance or affect the main story but the Straw Hat Crew does neither influence nor observe them directly.
I'm talking about animation here. Eiichiro Oda has recognized a lot of the flaws that long running series anime like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece face and has worked on perfecting those aspects so that when turned into an anime episode everything just flows naturally. Out of the three Oda has a better grasp on how to run a long running series, Kishi is a story teller but some things that bother me about him is how he leaves a lot of things unexplained and his crappy use of Deus ex Machina. Kubo is similar to Kishi making the same mistakes but at least he takes the time to explain himself when he thows an odd ball into the mix of his story.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*

Last edited by Spiegel; 06-21-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
narutojm (06-21-2009)
Old 06-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #84
narutojm
Jounin

one piece is more entertainig and funny all the time, naruto is the sec. best, everyone is tired of all action, needs more comedy.
owner of wagashi fc
member of hitsuguya fc
owner of T.B.O fc
owner of wanegan fc
Old 06-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #85
h33r
Chuunin

h33r is on a distinguished road

if naruto anime gets rid of its filler it would be a lot better...

h33r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to h33r For This Useful Post:
narutojm (06-22-2009)
Old 06-22-2009, 05:43 AM   #86
narutojm
Jounin

im tired of all fillers except one piece filler
owner of wagashi fc
member of hitsuguya fc
owner of T.B.O fc
owner of wanegan fc
Old 06-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #87
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,017 Times in 587 Posts
TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough

One Piece is crap, Kakashi87, seriously. I read about 50 chapters and my interest died, it's like Pirate Naruto without a cooler setting, more interesting characters and better battles.

Bleach and Naruto have great battles and interesting characters, while One Piece has a semi-retarded rubber man with a gay hat, a swordsmen that uses three swords (including one in his mouth) and a navigator who steals from them every 5 chapters.... it's such a bad series it's insane.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #88
H_I
Jounin

H_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutojm View Post
what is scryed
Here you go

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=842
H_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #89
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSixthHokage View Post
One Piece is crap, Kakashi87, seriously. I read about 50 chapters and my interest died, it's like Pirate Naruto without a cooler setting, more interesting characters and better battles.

Bleach and Naruto have great battles and interesting characters, while One Piece has a semi-retarded rubber man with a gay hat, a swordsmen that uses three swords (including one in his mouth) and a navigator who steals from them every 5 chapters.... it's such a bad series it's insane.
While I wouldn't go that far, I will say One Piece is just a bit too childish to keep me interested. The anime is even more so. I like the concept, but simply can't get into it.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #90
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSixthHokage View Post

You have to keep watching, it will get a hell of a lot better. I thought the same thing about Naruto and Bleach with such a slow intro that I almost gave up on it but then after Haku and Zabuza arc things got interesting; same thing with Bleach, after Byakuya kicked Ichigo's ass the first time they met and was training with Kisuke to get his shinigami powers back it got me hooked to watch more. I first saw One Piece english dubbed by Fox Kids TV. I thought it was the worst piece of crap anime I've ever laid eyes on but then later on I saw it in Japanese uncut and it was like an entirely different show. It has great character developement, better action, and its a faster paced anime. Unlike Naruto and Bleach which like to take after DBZ and talk to their enemies for like two eps and fight for half a episode and talk smack again and glare at each other. I would give it more time before giving it such harsh criticisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_servo
While I wouldn't go that far, I will say One Piece is just a bit too childish to keep me interested. The anime is even more so. I like the concept, but simply can't get into it.
Yeah sometimes it can be childish when the story gets lighthearted but when its a serious arc and the action starts there is nothing childish about it. I've seen better written dramatic serious scenes in One Piece than in Naruto and Bleach.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*

Last edited by Spiegel; 06-22-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
narutojm (06-22-2009)