Such thing as Luck? - Page 4 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:14 AM   #46
miho_san
seminiferous tubule

miho_san will become famous soon enoughmiho_san will become famous soon enoughmiho_san will become famous soon enough
Re: Such thing as Luck?

yeah.. I somewhat agree with that... plus, nowadays you can calculate the probability of things by picking out the odds...

Mga Adbentyurs ni JunJun

Wapolz' useless quote
Enter if you dare
...I never let my schooling interfere with my education...

member of:

†Official Tamabayan ng NL†

the anti-sasuke fan club

the akatsuki FC

miho_san is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #47
Hanz86
ANBU

Hanz86 has a spectacular aura aboutHanz86 has a spectacular aura aboutHanz86 has a spectacular aura aboutHanz86 has a spectacular aura about

i believe it...thats all...

"This Is Not The Time to Put Down My Pen Yet"

PROUD CO-OWNER OF :

-- ANTI-SASUKE FC --
-- HACHIBI (8-TAIL) FC--
-- WISE SAGE of THE JIRAIYA FC--

Proud Member of Kage Fc
Proud Member of Tsunade Fc
Hanz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:39 AM   #48
DGLG
Hunter-Nin

DGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura about

I have to believe in luck because people say that I've got ''more luck than brains.''

DGLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #49
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

I believe in the theory of Randomness. Which is backed up by my logical Atheism.

Because no god(s) existing definitely constitutes to the fact that everything is not predetermined.

If it is indeed, a fact, that is.

However, the concept of luck can still exist whether things are predetermined or just chance.

For example, if it were just chance, when something happens in your favor, you are lucky. Because such coincidences do not normally happen.

"Wow, you're lucky, what are the chances of that happening!?

If it is "destiny" and something "good" happens (even though it was already predetermined) you can be considered lucky that you even got such a "good" fate in the first place. As others don't have such fates.

"Wow, you're lucky, I wish I had such a glorious destiny!"

And the definition of lucky is having good luck. And luck is a chance happening, or that which happens beyond a person's control (such as destiny).

So, the concept of luck exists. That's a given.

/Question answered.

Last edited by Scientia; 07-09-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:09 AM   #50
miho_san
seminiferous tubule

miho_san will become famous soon enoughmiho_san will become famous soon enoughmiho_san will become famous soon enough

i don't believe in luck...

from what i know, somehow, all of the things in the world are connected and would lead to events that people may believe as luck... i think its called STRING THEORY...

Mga Adbentyurs ni JunJun

Wapolz' useless quote
Enter if you dare
...I never let my schooling interfere with my education...

member of:

†Official Tamabayan ng NL†

the anti-sasuke fan club

the akatsuki FC

miho_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:20 AM   #51
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayrra View Post
So, the concept of luck exists. That's a given.

/Question answered.
Actually, going by the context of the original post, it's safe to say that the discussion is revolving around the definition of luck that goes :" a force that brings good fortune or adversity." And besides, using any other definition of luck would be stupid and I'd have closed the topic if that were the case. It'd be like asking if bagels exist if he was asking if luck as "a chance happening," "events or circumstances that operate for or against an individual," etc. existed. Fucking duh.

And of course the concept of luck exists. The concept of invisible flying space turtles exists too. That doesn't mean invisible flying space turtles actually exist though. Same thing applies with luck as a force actually existing.

Also, if one operates under the assumption that there is no god, that wouldn't be a logical argument against luck as a force not existing. It could be a force of nature, like gravity, after all. Non sequitur.

However, since there is no evidence of the force of luck existing, the logical thing to do is assume the default stance of non-existence. So, you at least got the conclusion sorta right. ; )
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Law&Order (07-12-2010)
Old 07-09-2009, 07:09 PM   #52
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Actually, going by the context of the original post, it's safe to say that the discussion is revolving around the definition of luck that goes :" a force that brings good fortune or adversity." And besides, using any other definition of luck would be stupid and I'd have closed the topic if that were the case. It'd be like asking if bagels exist if he was asking if luck as "a chance happening," "events or circumstances that operate for or against an individual," etc. existed. Fucking duh.
When I said, "/Question answered." I meant I answered the question asking "which do you believe in, chance or destiny?" That was actually the more on topic part of my post. I just felt like indicating that technically luck can exist whether it's chance or destiny. Just a different kind of course. Since no one else has throughout the thread. I had no intention for it to be conclusive, and somehow end this "debate." My bad, I should have been more specific by putting the "/Question answered." right after the first part of my post. So yeah, I already knew that.
Quote:
And of course the concept of luck exists. The concept of invisible flying space turtles exists too. That doesn't mean invisible flying space turtles actually exist though. Same thing applies with luck as a force actually existing.
Yes, but that argument is more along the lines of "Chance vs. Destiny." "Luck #1 vs. luck #2." I was simply indicating that no matter which one is the truth, a definition of luck can still exist. It was pretty off topic and useless yeah, but I didn't want to just put my opinion and leave it at that.
Quote:
Also, if one operates under the assumption that there is no god, that wouldn't be a logical argument against luck as a force not existing. It could be a force of nature, like gravity, after all. Non sequitur.
Interesting.
Quote:
However, since there is no evidence of the force of luck existing, the logical thing to do is assume the default stance of non-existence. So, you at least got the conclusion sorta right. ; )
Yay.

Last edited by Scientia; 07-09-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:44 AM   #53
icedraon620
God of Tanukis

icedraon620 is on a distinguished roadicedraon620 is on a distinguished road

There is luck if you believe in it. I, personally don't. I think everything is already put in place it was meant to happen so it shall.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:19 AM   #54
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

I dont really believe in luck just that in the rythem of life some people have good timing "what could be percieved as good luck" and some people have bad timing "as bad luck".

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:27 AM   #55
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Luck

I juts won 150 at gambling machine so yeah luck exist

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:54 AM   #56
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
Luck

I juts won 150 at gambling machine so yeah luck exist
But you could have won 150,000. Is 150 really "lucky" if there's so much more you could have won?
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #57
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedraon620 View Post
There is luck if you believe in it. I, personally don't. I think everything is already put in place it was meant to happen so it shall.
Things don't exist just by you believing in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
But you could have won 150,000. Is 150 really "lucky" if there's so much more you could have won?
Maybe 150 is a lot in mongolia, or where ever the hell Kluang is from.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:59 AM   #58
orvell0072006
Genin

orvell0072006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Such thing as Luck?

there is some saying " the good player is always lucky " I had won in a competition(chess & karate tournament) many times since I was in highschool till in college,because im lucky.You know why i believe in luck, during my competition,there are times that im losing but my opponent suddenly got mistake or disqualified so I won.Until now,I got a job,I couldnt expect that I was hired coz we are 100 applicant in the company & only 5 will be hired,honestly I am just an average joe,its just happend that the HR manager who interview me (final interview) is my X girlfriend.Thus I'm just a lucky bastard afterall

just a friendly tip..

If you want to be lucky,read my sigs & do it in everyday life..

levro007 ..seek perfection of character!be faithful!endeavor!respect others!& refrain from violent behavior!

Last edited by orvell0072006; 07-25-2009 at 11:31 AM.
orvell0072006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #59
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

So you've had positive coincidences, that's hardly evidence that some unknown force is manipulating reality in your favour.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-25-2009)
Old 04-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #60
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

Thanked 1,398 Times in 877 Posts
-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by orvell0072006 View Post
there is some saying " the good player is always lucky " I had won in a competition(chess & karate tournament) many times since I was in highschool till in college,because im lucky.You know why i believe in luck, during my competition,there are times that im losing but my opponent suddenly got mistake or disqualified so I won.Until now,I got a job,I couldnt expect that I was hired coz we are 100 applicant in the company & only 5 will be hired,honestly I am just an average joe,its just happend that the HR manager who interview me (final interview) is my X girlfriend.Thus I'm just a lucky bastard afterall

so your saying that with these little positive affairs your lucky? hardly the aspect in your tournaments having said that you won by having your other opponent being disqualified or making a mistake you think your lucky? that's probably on the opponent for not paying attention to what he or she was doing in the first place to therefore make you win and if that hr manager is your girlfriend then your not really lucky what made you stay was kissing ass to your women probably to keep your job

Last edited by -SassyLady-; 07-24-2010 at 08:28 PM.
-SassyLady- is offline   Reply With Quote