Just a Thought THREAD - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 03-01-2009, 05:49 AM   #1
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Just a Thought THREAD

I often get a thought about naruto (manga) but usually it isnt enough for a long thread, just a short one and I didn't want to open up a bunch of threads to cluster up everything (like what is happening now, we have a bunch of different threads about hinata, pain etc. that could have all been one hinata or one pain thread) so i decided to make this thread where you can post a short thought if u have one and allow it to be discussed.

Here is one thought that I had recently:

I know naruto isn't(/wasn't) bright but wouldn't he have noticed that he is the only uzumaki in konoha? (maybe he isn't but with his mother, from whom he got uzumaki, being from another country i think it is highly probable)
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (11-21-2009), batonnoir (11-26-2009), goldengod (09-30-2010), J-man123 (12-02-2010), Marlboro (11-21-2010), Sensei-Q (08-07-2010), TheJkid (11-22-2009), Uchiha09 (12-14-2010), Vengeance (11-21-2009), Zas1993 (02-16-2010)

Old 03-01-2009, 06:12 AM   #2
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_narut0 View Post
I often get a thought about naruto (manga) but usually it isnt enough for a long thread, just a short one and I didn't want to open up a bunch of threads to cluster up everything (like what is happening now, we have a bunch of different threads about hinata, pain etc. that could have all been one hinata or one pain thread) so i decided to make this thread where you can post a short thought if u have one and allow it to be discussed.

Here is one thought that I had recently:

I know naruto isn't(/wasn't) bright but wouldn't he have noticed that he is the only uzumaki in konoha? (maybe he isn't but with his mother, from whom he got uzumaki, being from another country i think it is highly probable)
Im sure narutos noticed, but hes probably more concerned with the family hes made in Konaha. Rather than concern himself with "If I have family, where do I look to find them". Well, for now that is. however, I believe naruto will go in search of family soon in the manga.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
popion
Hunter-Nin

popion will become famous soon enoughpopion will become famous soon enoughpopion will become famous soon enough

naruto bright?
he is down right dumb when it comes to anyother thing besides fighting
he was always alone(in the begining), so imo he jusy got usted to it and learnd to dont give a fuk about it
Old 03-01-2009, 06:31 AM   #4
swimming95
Genin

swimming95 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought the story was something along the lines of the kyuubi killing the clan
Old 03-01-2009, 06:40 AM   #5
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

There's not too much use thinking about this really, I mean there's no confirmation that he doesn't know. Naruto might know that the 4th was his father and everything else but he might just not acknowledge them because of what he feels they did to him by sealing the kyuubi. I doubt he knows the full story behind his parents, but I think he has some inkling since he originally wanted to beat the 4th: http://onemanga.com/Naruto/1/13/ Obviously he might just have chosen him because Minato is considered the strongest ninja from Konoha in generations, but I don't think Naruto is that thick.

Also, Naruto isn't that dumb. He was intelligent enough to pull pranks all the time as a child and get away with them. Most of the scorn he gets in the series is over his lack of knowledge rather than ability to understand.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:50 AM   #6
popion
Hunter-Nin

popion will become famous soon enoughpopion will become famous soon enoughpopion will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu men View Post
There's not too much use thinking about this really, I mean there's no confirmation that he doesn't know. Naruto might know that the 4th was his father and everything else but he might just not acknowledge them because of what he feels they did to him by sealing the kyuubi. I doubt he knows the full story behind his parents, but I think he has some inkling since he originally wanted to beat the 4th: http://onemanga.com/Naruto/1/13/ Obviously he might just have chosen him because Minato is considered the strongest ninja from Konoha in generations, but I don't think Naruto is that thick.

Also, Naruto isn't that dumb. He was intelligent enough to pull pranks all the time as a child and get away with them. Most of the scorn he gets in the series is over his lack of knowledge rather than ability to understand.
lol yeah i forgot about his pranks, but i dont think he got away with all
http://onemanga.com/Naruto/1/07/
he just did those to get attention, no mather the consequences

Last edited by popion; 03-01-2009 at 01:27 PM.
popion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #7
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

just a thougt, but maybe naruto will learn how to control/cooperate with the fox by understanding his "pain".

maybe something along the lines of him next time going kyuubi not hiding or whatever but remaining conscious of his/kyuubis actions (and feelings?) and maybe in that way he will achieve the kyuubi power that he is (probably) destined to achieve.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
Old 07-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Oh heavens no. The last thing that should happen is Naruto turning the most powerful Bijuu into a flower picking pussy.

What i hope happens is that he will be required to establish dominance of the Kyubi. That would make it more dramatic and better story telling.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Mal (07-13-2009), platinumrug (07-14-2009), TheJkid (11-22-2009), Vengeance (07-13-2009)
Old 07-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Dagoro is correct. Dominance > pussy "understanding".
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
batonnoir (08-12-2011)
Old 07-13-2009, 02:16 AM   #10
Krohnie84
Jounin

Krohnie84 will become famous soon enoughKrohnie84 will become famous soon enoughKrohnie84 will become famous soon enough

I like the Dominance idea, but the Kyubi is too bad ass just to have someone push him around. I think there will come a time where there might be a mutual respect. Or even an alliance. Whom would the Nine tails hate more then the 4th Hokage? The only other person that has beaten/controlled him.

I think his hate for Uchiha Madara will drive the Kyubi to help Naruto master his chakra.

"Never go back on your word... and never give up, no matter how bad it gets. That's your Ninja way."
Jiraiya Ero-Sennin.
Krohnie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Krohnie84 For This Useful Post:
joessj5 (08-14-2010)
Old 07-13-2009, 03:32 AM   #11
Gamr1469
Chuunin

Gamr1469 is an unknown quantity at this point

krohnie's idea makes the most sense...but the only problem with that is naruto isnt dumb enough to just take the fox's help...last time he almost let the fox out

naruto problem knows better by now

If you are one of the 100% of people who hate Naruto Fillers. Put this in your tag
99.99 percent of the time fillers
1) make no sense
2) contridict the canon material
3) make my head hurt

Myspace--------->
www.myspace.com/gamr1469

(ps if u r goin to add me plz tell me u added me through the forum)
Gamr1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:46 AM   #12
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Oh heavens no. The last thing that should happen is Naruto turning the most powerful Bijuu into a flower picking pussy.

What i hope happens is that he will be required to establish dominance of the Kyubi. That would make it more dramatic and better story telling.
i like that better too. pure dominance. however how the manga is going i think kishi might go for the pussy method.
just think about this. if he can get through to the nine tails using the pussy method then he can get through to anybody, which is how he is currently trying to achieve peace, through understanding and stuff like that. that is what is happening to naruto (character now): i understand you, i understand you, i understand you.

however in my post i said control/cooperate. what i mainly thought was that by staying conscious during kyuubi mode he can get to understand how the kyuubi ticks, thus enabling him to use the kyuubi in one of two ways:
1.through control (dominance)
2.through cooperation

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems

Last edited by stubborn_d0nkey; 07-12-2010 at 05:10 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #13
Narutologist
ANBU

Narutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the rough

it sounds like you answered your own thought...his mother was from another country hence the idea that he is the only usumaki
Old 07-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #14
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutologist View Post
it sounds like you answered your own thought...his mother was from another country hence the idea that he is the only usumaki
no, that didnt/doesnt answer my own thought

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote:

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

Quote:
this is a quote

Quote:

4. Breaking up a quote

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
my reply 4

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

Old 07-14-2009, 12:15 AM   #15
akuginotachi28
Genin

akuginotachi28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Naruto will be able to gain the fox's respect but i suspect he will have to learn a THING OR TWO FROM THE KILLER BEE.Even though the eight tails may be mellow by nature their co-operation is definately some thing naruto can learn.Could answer the question as to why only half the Fox's chakra is sealed in to naruto.
akuginotachi28 is offline   Reply With Quote