The 4th Hokage - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 08-08-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
Giffica
Fushichou Kage

Giffica can only hope to improve
The 4th Hokage

Ok. So what is the deal with the guy? He obviously is a very skilled Ninja if he became Hokage. He isn't a pushover. But how strong is he?

He obviously is very skilled to create 2 Major Jutsu. Rasengan, and Flying Thunder God. However, Rasengan was in its basic form, and nothing compared to the Rasenshuriken. No doubt he could create something equal to the Rasenshuriken if he had more time alive.

Flying Thunder God is a great technique, but how effective is it against someone that is a Kage, or of equal skill level, like a Sannin, or Akatsuki member. We saw him use it against people of around Chunin, or Jonin skill level, but most likely they were Chunin, as Jonin leader Squads. The technique is impressive, but the Sharingan could counter that.

Another technique he might have created was Reaper Death Seal. The 3rd Hokage called it "His [the 4th's] technique." But did he really invent it? It seem that there are certain Jutsu Kages learn when they are giving the position. They have access to all the secret scrolls.

Either way, he was a AMAZING ninja. But, how amazing?

He became a Genin at the age of 10. How impressive is that? Kakashi was a genin at 5, and Chunin at 6. It does seem that as the generations go by it takes longer and longer for people to become Genin. Kakashi's age group has a higher graduation age than Naruto's age group, which is all 12. All, but Sai (who i realized shares by birthday and age. The gay guy had to have my birthday...damm), who was raised to be great. So does Shizune's and all the previous Sp.Jonin during the original Naruto. The Akatsuki also have very high graduation ages as well.So he obviously was not a child prodegy, like Itachi, or Kakashi were.

Obviously that doesn't mean anything for his skill level. He had to be amazing as he was revered as great. However, was this just because he gave his life for the village? Was it just because he sealed the fox? It wasn't tottaly because of those things, but they probably contributed. If he died of disease, he would not be revered as much.

Now his skills were limited, just like Naruto. Same moves, every fight, or and over again. Rasengan, Summoning, FTG, and he used RDS once. Much like Naruto. BUNSHIN, BUNSHIN, BUNSHIN!!! Sasuke and Itachi used how many differant techniques? They used everything they had! Jiraya used MANY more jutsu's against Pein than the 4th ever used.

Now, lets compare.

He doesn't have Haxor like Naruto, or Bee. FTG is only useful if you can first hit the opponent with the seal, or if the kunai gets near him. He killed himself...

Now the first Hokage did what? He fought the 9TF AND Madara who is said to be one of, if not the greatest ninja? He technically won that fight. Madara probably was at his last leg, but got lucky that the First spared him. No way the First would let him lgo without knowing. He had to do it knowingly. The Fourth couldn't even take out the 9TF when it was ALONE without any help, and he didn't have to fight Madara. He was in the Shadows!

Now he obviosuly isn't the physically strongest as that goes to the 1st/5th. He wasn't the greatest nagotiator/tactitician as that was the 3rd. The 3rd knew many more jutsu than him and was the smartest Hokage. The Second kinda failed, but whatever. He had to have something good about him. So this is why i ask this. What was special about the 4th? No doubt Kakashi is just as good as him. His Sharingan would counter FTG, and he is much more level headed than he was when he fought with Obito against enemy Ninja.

Another thing was that he was not "battle hardened" like the 1st was. The 1st fought thousands of Fights on the brink of death against Madara. He lead a whole clan and had much greater amounts of chakra than the 4th if he created the whole Leaf Forest in 1 go.

So, what can we say about his skill? Who can we compare him too, and was he as great as they say? Was he revered just because he gave his life?

Now i want everyone to know, im not saying he was weak in any way. He was VERY strong. Just was he as strong as they made him out to be?
Im also sure this topic will be total flamez to all the 4th Fanboys.

What kind of babies does Killer Bee have?

Babees!
Giffica is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of
Re: The 4th Hokage

Hrmmm... Minato had a reputation so great that Rock ninja were tolled to run if they ever saw him. Granted this was most likely chunins & Mid level jounin that were advised to do this. Another thing to consider is that it was the rock that gave this rep & well according to the current manga the rock are most likely the weakest village out of the main 5. There's also the argument that Minato was no better than Orochimaru when you consider that Sarutobi first wanted Orochimaru as Hokage but didn't choose him due to his evil nature(let the flaming begin fanboys). Another thing to consider is that its already been hinted by Pa toad that Naruto has surpassed Minato. Anyway people will think what they want but I personally feel Minato is over hyped due to his sacrifice for Konoha.

PS: Naruto knows more jutsu when compared to most in this manga this is a fact. I don't like how people think that Naruto doesn't know allot of jutsu because in truth he actually does. Note I'm not a Naruto fan but that bit of miss information always gets on my nerves.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 08-08-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
Giffica (08-08-2009)
Old 08-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
Giffica
Fushichou Kage

I feel he knows a lot, but just as much as his age group. i mean Choji knew a shit load back inthe Sasuke retrieval arc! Now he probably knows at least 5 more. Neji knows a crap load. Lee doesn't have jutsu. And the rest just are kinda fails. However, most Jonin know as much as naruto. sasuke knows TONS! Consider all the Fire Style and Genjutsu he pulls. Either way you look at it, im glad you agree with me about the fourth.

I tottaly forgot about the fact Orochi was to be chosen, in fact he knew TONS of jutsu WITHOUT the sharingan. Plus he was just kinda evil. i mean he was good, but just evil. Its like how if a Private in our military (US) gets killed in combat. he becomes a litenant, and gets a purple heart, even though he did nothing. Don't get me wrong, its good what they did, but over hyped is all. The fourth did a good deed as this manga would fail without our second favorite haxor (Sharingan is first) the Nine-Tailed Fox!

Babees!
Old 08-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #4
Myth
Kage

Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,635 Posts
Myth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really nice

Minato created 3 of the deadliest techniques in this manga the other hoakge crated NONE he was stated to be the strognest shinobi to ever come out of the leaf that alreayd puts him above EVERYONE WHO AS BORN IN KONOHA... Orochiamru was only up for the postion because sarutobi wanted his student to take over... the mang aalreayd hints orochimaru was shit compared to mianto when anko says "i wish he was alive everything would be so easy" oppss

He's the fastest shinboi to date(madara's technique doesn't work instantly like minato's), he pretty much won the 3rd ninja war himself by taking out all the reinforcements without getting a scratch on hismelf.. nd He's hyped up byt he entire manga jiraiya saurotbi kakashi etc to the the strongest shinobi out there with the exception of MADARA...

People dnt like to buy into hype i understand that but his achievements at an age younger then 29 years old surpass anything else anyone ahs done in this manga the guy took on face to face kyuubi itself nd sealed the bitch up not only do u need large chakra urself to handle such a thing but getting close to it face to face nd grabbing it is a total different thing...
He was also stated to a once in a decade genius with talent to match, he's incredibly intelligent leaving 2 fail safes behind nd leaving another kick ass jutsu naruto needs to finish that requires the kyuubi's chakra.. so thats 3 moves he made nd left a 4th bad ass move for his son to figure out...

FYI IN THE CORRECT TRANS nobody says anything about him surpassing jiraiya or minato it shows an image of them as NARUTO WILL BE LIKE THEM nd then its said "he has surpassed the previous gneration minato nd jiraiya are not the previous kakashi nd itachi are the generation before naruto's generation...

Last edited by Myth; 08-08-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myth For This Useful Post:
nickler (08-12-2009), Rikudou Sennin (08-09-2009)
Old 08-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #5
Giffica
Fushichou Kage

Ugh. What did we say Veng? The 4th fanboy came out of his closet...

Took you long enough.

Everything in that post was fail. 1st>Madara>4th See the point? 4th was not fast. Kashi is much faster. Chidori...did you see him near a path in the forest? 2nd hokage was the Greatest water ninja to live...Surpasses all Mist Ninja. 1st CREATED A FUCKING NIN ABILITY! WOOD YOU FUCKING RETARD! Wood was said to be the greatest Elemental combination. Greater than Lava. 4th made a puny Physical Chakra technique, figured out he can reverse summon on a kunai...WOW! REVERSE SUMMONING! A TOAD CAN DO THAT! IM IMPRESSED MINATO! YOU CAN DO WHAT A TOAD CAN DO! FTG FUCKING SUCKED! ANYONE CAN DO THAT SHIT! It isn't some great technique. It is a reverse summon, on a kunai, or a person....shit. RDS? Um, wow? Orochimaru brought people back from the dead. Until i see Mianto do that, im not impressed.

He sealed the fox...CONGRATES! The 1st DEFEATED THE FOX AND!!!! MADARA! 4th COULDN'T EVEN BEAT THE FOX WITHOUT FUCKING MADARA! YOU FUCKING RETARD!

Babees!
Old 08-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #6
Myth
Kage

Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,635 Posts
Myth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giffica View Post
Ugh. What did we say Veng? The 4th fanboy came out of his closet...

Took you long enough.

Everything in that post was fail. 1st>Madara>4th See the point? 4th was not fast. Kashi is much faster. Chidori...did you see him near a path in the forest? 2nd hokage was the Greatest water ninja to live...Surpasses all Mist Ninja. 1st CREATED A FUCKING NIN ABILITY! WOOD YOU FUCKING RETARD! Wood was said to be the greatest Elemental combination. Greater than Lava. 4th made a puny Physical Chakra technique, figured out he can reverse summon on a kunai...WOW! REVERSE SUMMONING! A TOAD CAN DO THAT! IM IMPRESSED MINATO! YOU CAN DO WHAT A TOAD CAN DO! FTG FUCKING SUCKED! ANYONE CAN DO THAT SHIT! It isn't some great technique. It is a reverse summon, on a kunai, or a person....shit. RDS? Um, wow? Orochimaru brought people back from the dead. Until i see Mianto do that, im not impressed.

He sealed the fox...CONGRATES! The 1st DEFEATED THE FOX AND!!!! MADARA! 4th COULDN'T EVEN BEAT THE FOX WITHOUT FUCKING MADARA! YOU FUCKING RETARD!
I stopped reading after that. everything i wrote was from the manga word for word so sorry no fail there.

Giffica ur mother dropped u 100 times when u were born. nd ur father hit u on ur head with an iron at least 4 times he prob used a sledge hammer as well.

Last edited by Myth; 08-09-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Myth For This Useful Post:
Anbu~Naruto (08-13-2009), jefferyl (08-09-2009), Kyuubito (08-10-2009), Lalalila (08-09-2009), lamps123 (08-09-2009), moebrown20 (08-10-2009), nickler (08-12-2009), platinumrug (08-09-2009), Servo (08-10-2009)
Old 08-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #7
DarkAsKnight
Academy Student

DarkAsKnight is an unknown quantity at this point

Gif seemed like he was sane in his first post. Then he turns into someone who hasn't taken his meds in a while.
DarkAsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DarkAsKnight For This Useful Post:
Anbu~Naruto (08-13-2009), Kyuubito (08-10-2009), nickler (08-12-2009), platinumrug (08-09-2009), Rikudou Sennin (08-09-2009), stubborn_d0nkey (08-09-2009)
Old 08-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #8
Giffica
Fushichou Kage

4th wasn't fast without FTG you shit head. Kashi has Sharingan. Counter. Bam Kashi wins. Idiot. Learn to determine something besides "LOLZ FTG PWNS ALLZ!"

Every thing has a weakness. EVERY Haxor does. Not just a few, EVERY! No where does it say the 4th was the fastest ninja of all time. I highly doubt that as Lee and Gai are 100X as fast as him...idiot.

i turned that way because myth is retarded. He thinks FTG pwns all. Untrue. its sucks. It isn;t a god technique. it only works on Chunin, maybe Mid-Level jonin as veng said. No where did i say 4th couldn't beat Jonin. Im only talking about kage level ninja. Pein can pwn him. Jiraya can. Madara can. 1st can. Kakashi can (Sharingan HAXOR counter). And even Hidan can once he traps him. How in the world can he beat Hidan? Once he gets cut once, he is done. FTG would be useless. Even if Hidan never hit him, the 4th couldn't do crap. Asuma was pwnage in that fight. He got lucky and wacked off his head. No doubt 4th could beat Hidan, but he would have to use summons.

Babees!

Last edited by Giffica; 08-09-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:45 AM   #9
saiyaman
Chuunin

saiyaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giffica View Post
4th wasn't fast without FTG you shit head. Kashi has Sharingan. Counter. Bam Kashi wins. Idiot. Learn to determine something besides "LOLZ FTG PWNS ALLZ!"

Every thing has a weakness. EVERY Haxor does. Not just a few, EVERY! No where does it say the 4th was the fastest ninja of all time. I highly doubt that as Lee and Gai are 100X as fast as him...idiot.

i turned that way because myth is retarded. He thinks FTG pwns all. Untrue. its sucks. It isn;t a god technique. it only works on Chunin, maybe Mid-Level jonin as veng said. No where did i say 4th couldn't beat Jonin. Im only talking about kage level ninja. Pein can pwn him. Jiraya can. Madara can. 1st can. Kakashi can (Sharingan HAXOR counter). And even Hidan can once he traps him. How in the world can he beat Hidan? Once he gets cut once, he is done. FTG would be useless. Even if Hidan never hit him, the 4th couldn't do crap. Asuma was pwnage in that fight. He got lucky and wacked off his head. No doubt 4th could beat Hidan, but he would have to use summons.
Uhh man do you realize what you're saying?

The Flying Thunder God was the Fourth Hokage's technique. He created it himself. How can you say the line "without FTG?" He's the one who created it. Why would he be without it? lol

You say Kakashi is faster? Kakashi saw Madara's space/time jutsu as he evaded Naruto. Kakashi thought: "His space time jutsu is more advanced than the fourth's. It means that the fourth is indeed very fast.

I agree FTG isn't godly and not unbeatable. But it is not to be underestimated.
platinumrug (08-09-2009), Rikudou Sennin (08-09-2009)
Old 08-09-2009, 01:05 AM   #10
Rikudou Sennin
Legend

Rikudou Sennin is on a distinguished roadRikudou Sennin is on a distinguished road

Giffica just calm down dude ... we are all just posting our opinions. I agree with Myth and it is true that everything he said was word for word from the manga. No one is forcing you to believe him just check the manga.

And Myth I don't know about Minato but I think Naruto surpassed Jiraiya. (I mean he did perform better than him in the fight against Pain)
Rikudou Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:09 AM   #11
Giffica
Fushichou Kage

Oh no im know its a good technique, but the fact is that it isn't usefull against Ninja who can counter it and track movment, or are faster like Gai. When i said "without FTG" i mean without FTG he isn't as fast as Myth made him out to be. You kinda took that outta context.

He was not the strongest Rikudou. The manga was speaking way in the past. 2.5 years is a lot of time. Sasuke went from Chunin Rank to High-Level Jonin in that time. He wasn't the best. Madara, 1st, Pein, and jiraya are better. Kashi can just = him because the Sharingan movement track. And Hidan is just Hax from the start. Only people that are as good as him, are the ones i listed. Do you really believe FTG is going to work if he cannot touch Pein? Do you believe he can beat Madara when he couldn't even take out the Fox? And if he cannot take out the Fox, then how can he beat the 1st WHO BEAT THE FOX AND MADARA (key words here) AT THE SAME TIME! 4th only fought the fox, lost, and died. The Fox isn't gone. If Naruto dies, or is comsumed by the Fox, the 4th lost. Lost tottaly. He already lost. RDS isn't that great. It never full works, especially against demons. If Naruto didn't get Sage Mode he would have been killed. Obviously he won't ever be killed, but the 4th lost that fight.

4th=Lose to Fox
1st=Win against Fox and Madara, the greatest Ninja of all time (-Sage of 6)

Babees!

Last edited by Giffica; 08-09-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:13 AM   #12
Rikudou Sennin
Legend

Rikudou Sennin is on a distinguished roadRikudou Sennin is on a distinguished road

What you're saying is exactly the same as saying Naruto's Rasen Shuriken is useless just because Deva path could evade it!
Rikudou Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:49 AM   #13
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Wait what?

1. Kakashi is not faster than Minato. Even Minato's shunsin is uber this was shown when he saved Kakashi as a child. That's not even factoring in FTG.

2. Wood greater than Lava in what world exactly? You do realize that wood has a tendency to burn right? Lava should theoretically pwn Wood.

3. I kind of agree on FTG but not to that much of an extreme level. It is flawed & yes it's a reverse summoning however I wouldn't say just anyone could do it.

4. The second is not the greatest suiton user ever. Kakashi, Yamato, & Kisame have all shown the same if not a greater level of skill in suiton jutsu as the 2nd.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 08-09-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
platinumrug (08-09-2009)
Old 08-09-2009, 02:28 AM   #14
liondemon
Missing Kage

liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikudou Sennin View Post
Giffica just calm down dude ... we are all just posting our opinions. I agree with Myth and it is true that everything he said was word for word from the manga. No one is forcing you to believe him just check the manga.

And Myth I don't know about Minato but I think Naruto surpassed Jiraiya. (I mean he did perform better than him in the fight against Pain)
I think the Tods meant passing the previous generation in potential and Sage arts. The "offspring" of the "last generation" are the new generation. Konahamru was the new genration of Asuma and his brother. Kakashi was the new gerenation of his father and the Sannin's generation. Shizune too. Itachi and Sasuke were their father's new generation, as well as the new generation after the last great generation of Kakashi, and of the manga in general.

In general, the new generation are the young beginners in the ninja world. Naruto being called the new generation in comparison to Jiraiya and Minato would mean that Jiraiya and Minato are being called the last 2 generations, not considering Kakashi's generation.

Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny
liondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:23 AM   #15
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

ahahahahhaha

everytime a thread is made about the 4th, myth is not far behind..........

4th is badass. no doubt bout it.

but he's not the most bad ass. trust me. Hashirama, Pain and Madara can kick his ass all the way to the ramen shop.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Giffica (08-09-2009)