The Marijuana Subject - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:01 AM   #1
uchihademon91
Chuunin

uchihademon91 is on a distinguished roaduchihademon91 is on a distinguished road
The Marijuana Subject

What a touchy subject for some...... retards in my opinion.

first off.. how many people actually know why it is illegal? the basis for why its illegal are the following: racism, corporate development, false propaganda and greed.

Corporate development was the one that got the illegalization movement started:

Marijuana has many other uses other than smoking it to get a "high". It can be used medicinally, by smoking it to treat optical conditions such as glaucoma and cataracts. It also helped to alleviate physical pain symptoms. This was bad for major pharmacutical companies. because marijuana was much cheaper to grow and obtain, and can be grown at home. It was much more expensive to generate chemically enduced medicines for pharmecutical companies, and they were losing money from the use of marijuana. the major pharmecutical companies were major funders to government officials campaigns and said they would stop funding of the problem wasnt solved, i.e. illegalize marinjuana. Other than smoking it, the hemp plant which is the actual plant itself not the buds that grow on it, can be used to make fabrics and paper. it was much cheaper to make fabric and paper out of the hemp plant than from the standard way, which was trees and cottons. major clothing companies were losing money this way and the same thing occurred. they told government officials they would stop funding campaigns if the problem wasn't taken care of. A man by the name of William Randolph Hearst, owned the worlds most successful newspaper company. he was one of the richest men in the world. Being able to make cheap paper out of the hemp plant was aiding the competition and hurting him, since it was easy to obtain and could be grown in large quantities. So again, he told government officials he would stop funding campaigns if the problem wasn't taken care of. in his newspaper he slandered marijuana, telling loads of false propaganda. another man by the name of Harry J. Anslinger, was a strong opposer of marijuana so that it would boost his career. the bureau of narcotics opened up and he saw this as a great job opportunity, since this bureau could identify both the problem and the solution. in 1914 the harrison act was passed which passed a tax on opiates and cocaine, so Anslinger knew he couldn't used these alone to build up this bureau. As a result he latched onto marijuana as his scapegoat. he teamed up with Wlliam Randolph hearst in an attempt to illegalize it.

these were the basis they used to make it illegal

lets start with racism shall we.

marijuana was first illegalized in the early 1900's around 1910. The race relations back then were in a terrible condition, specifically between whites against blacks and mexicans. Government officials slandered marijuana because mexicans would bring some from mexico and sell it around as well as smoke it themselves. So they would say that smoking weed makes people commit various crimes such as theft and abuse. They would say that when blacks smoked marijuana they would look at white people more than they should, and especially the women. That blacks would step on white peoples shadows, which was apparently a sign of disrespect, and that smoking the herb also made them commit crimes.

now false propaganda:

Government officials looked into the history of marijuana and twisted it. early uses of marijuana were used by assassins. As they were called back then, ashashins. they smoked an herb which they called hashish, or hash, (marijuana) which helped calm them down, collect their thoughts, and perform the kill with higher efficiency. government officials twisted this and said that when assassins smoked marijuana it made them bloodthirsty and kill everyone in sight. there was one case took under consideration saying that marijuana made a man kill his siblings and his parents. the more they used this story in their campaigns against marijuana the more it changed. the original story was that a 20 year old man killed his siblings or parents (sorry cant remember which). then the story changed to a 18 year old kid who killed his family. and eventually it turned into a 16 year old kid who massacred his family.

It is known that marijuana causes no such symptoms. It does not cause extreme rage and violence. It's effects in fact have a positive effect, via medically, use of cheap fabrics and paper, also rope. George Washington, a great man and our first president, had farms of marijuana. he in fact made it against the law for farmers to NOT grow marijuana for a span of ten years. apparently there was a shortage. various early presidents grew and smoked marijuana.... and they ran the damn country. Marijuana does not cause cancer. it lacks the chemical potency to do so ( unlike cigarettes). But any kind of smoke will harm the lungs. it does not kill brain cells as advertised, but rather stimulates them, allowing you to focus more.

illegal drugs such as extacy, acid, cocaine, crystal meth, all of these drugs only stay in your system for about a week, but marijuana stays in your system for a month. so people lose their jobs over this dumb bullshit. employees could be harcore druggies but since the truly harmful drugs are out of your system in a week or a couple days ( sometimes even a few hours), they dont catch them for it. they catch them for using marijuana, a virtually harmless herb. which is bullshit, because i can go to work an hour after smoking a joint and work better than most workers. but some under the influence of cocaine or extacy the day before can go to work strung out and be less productive. but when the drug test comes in they're gonna fire me instead of him, because theres no trace of the drug in the other persons system, but theres a trace of marijuana in my system.

Marijuana is not even a drug. A drug is a chemically combined and altered substance. Marijuana is an herb that grows naturally, so would not fall in this category. Despite the efforts to claim it as such for the reasons posted above. Yet we have all of these over the counter and prescription drugs that are legal and can be obtained like nothing. A small amount over the recommended dosage IS FATAL. these are things bought at your local grocery store, and obtained at your doctors office with the greatest of ease, and they kill you!!! Cigarettes are filled with over 30 different chemicals including nicotine which is highly addictive. Cigarettes cause incurable diseases and KILL MILLIONS PER YEAR!!!! Yet cigarettes are legal and can be purchased at the age of 18. Alcohol is legal and can be purchased at age 21. im not sure on the statistics but kill about half the amount that cigarettes do per year. either by liver failure or intoxicated negligence. Marijuana is not addictive, I repeat not addictive. it has been proven that out of a group of people who smoke marijuana for a month straight, over 80% can quit cold turkey.

If marijuana was legal it would help much more then it could possibly hurt. It would create a large amount of jobs. A tax would be placed on it which would vastly boost the economy. it would boost the economy because there are countless people who would buy it. the tax would put a strain on those who buy it illegaly, but it is much more worth it to pay the tax, then to go to jail and pay fines for bogus charges such as possession and under the influence. Millions of dollars could stop being wasted on the war against marijuana, and put to a good use like education funding, etc.

The thing is, Marijuana isn't bad. If you just smoke a joint when you get off work it can help relax your body and relieve our many stresses of the day. it can help you sleep much more peacefully, waking up the next day brand new. enjoy our meals more and just enhance the quality of which we enjoy things. there are those dumbasses who cant control themselves and smoke their brains out, causing them to interpretate(?) things in immature ways and act borderline dumbass. All because they think its cool to just smoke as much as you can and get as high as you can. when in truth you can smoke a joint or a few bowls and be able to function like a "normal" member of society. No matter how much or how often you smoke all it takes is a few bowls or a couple joints to reach that point of satisfaction. For me, i think about all aspects of life and everyday situations more logically and rationally under the influence of marijuana. Marijuana is not for everybody, and im not saying that everybody should smoke it. Its just not for some people, like how some people can't handle their liquor or how some people get sick from certain foods. If you can smoke it and truly enjoy yourself and have a higher quality of life, why aren't we able to. we should be able to smoke ganja within the comfort of our homes without worrying about getting fired from our jobs or a police visit. thats where the paranoia comes from, getting caught by the law or some one BECAUSE its illegal.

these are just my thoughts and i had to get them out of my head. if you cared enough to read this, i would appreciate and would enjoy to hear your thoughts.

wether they be positive or negative i would still like to hear them. everything in this post that refers to government officials can be researched and proven if you care to do so. this was all from wut i committed to memory.
The Man (09-30-2009)

Old 09-16-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Marijuana Subject

Its illegal cuz govt want you to use their drugs not your home grown drugs and the best marijuana aint made in america. If it is, you see marijuana restaurant in every states

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Last edited by kluang; 09-16-2009 at 05:21 AM.
kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
The Madness
Passion Rules

Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
If it is, you see marijuana restaurant in every states

I think I'd lol pretty heartily at an illustration of this.
The Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

tl;dr

But I did catch that "marijuana isn't even a drug" line.
Quote:
drug
- any substance recognized in the official pharmacopoeia or formulary of the nation
- any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals
- a habit-forming medicinal or illicit substance
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
Myth
Kage

Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,635 Posts
Myth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really nice

smoke some G13 then u'll see what pot is...
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #6
uchihademon91
Chuunin

uchihademon91 is on a distinguished roaduchihademon91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
tl;dr

But I did catch that "marijuana isn't even a drug" line.
so then marijuana is the only natural occuring "drug"? (besides mushrooms which are grown under manuer) every other "drug" is made in a lab, marijuana was considered a psycho active hallucinegen because of the hightened sense of euphoria you obtain from smoking it. acid is also considered a psycho active hallucinegen, but acids effects are on a completely different level.

Marijuana is not illegal because of its effects from smoking it. its because large corporations were loosing money, from its other uses. with the hemp plant you can make cheaper paper, fabric, and rope. in the early 1900's the major newspaper companies were loosing money, major logging companies were loosing money, major clothing companies were loosing money and major pharmecuetical companies were loosing money. since the marijuana plant could be obtained easily, was cheap to grow and could be grown in large quantities, the major companies had nothing else to do but get it illegalized.

So the major companies would stop funding government officials campaigns unless they worked for its illegalization, or government officials had major investments in these companies and they were loosing money.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #7
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
every other "drug" is made in a lab
Opium and Salvia, off the top of my head. Surely there are other naturally occuring narcotics I could find were I to do a little research.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:13 AM   #8
prez420
Chuunin

prez420 is on a distinguished roadprez420 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
Its illegal cuz govt want you to use their drugs not your home grown drugs and the best marijuana aint made in america. If it is, you see marijuana restaurant in every states

The best mj is american made just look at the ratio cali growers are winning contests now days. Cannabis is more american than apple pie hell i bet the first plant any of the settlers planted in the new world was a hemp/cannabis plant.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:19 AM   #9
uchihademon91
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Opium and Salvia, off the top of my head. Surely there are other naturally occuring narcotics I could find were I to do a little research.
opium has to have stuff done to it for it to have an effect. salvia well i give that to you, its also classified as a psycho active hallucinegenic ...... BUT ITS LEGAL!!! why is this, cause the plant itself has no other uses other than smoking it, so it didnt effect the big wigs. salvia is at least ten times stronger than any marijuana is, but only lasts a couple minutes or so, when compared to marijuana which lasts about an hour after few joints.

the first settlers of north america did have hemp as some of their first plants.... it was in their belief to smoke it..... the mutha fuckin indians, smoked it all the time.

Last edited by uchihademon91; 09-17-2009 at 01:21 AM.
uchihademon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #10
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

Just so you know, I speak as an avid user of marijuana as well.

First off, marijuana IS a drug and it IS addictive. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either misinformed or lying. There is no physical addiction but, like with many dangerous things, it can easily take a hold on your life.

THC and all the other cannabinoids inside of pot can have quite the effect on the body and you can indeed "overdose on it" as well. (Note: I'm not saying you can die from it, you'd have to smoke your body weight to do that. What I'm saying is that for the uninitiated who have too much, it can definitely cause an acute panic anxiety reaction. People describe this reaction as an extreme fear of "losing control" and although it cannot kill you (and goes away in a few hours), it can be quite the bad experience.

The main reason it continues to be illegal today is not because of racism or even because of antiquated values about pot being a bad thing. Alcohol companies make up the HUMONGOUS BULK of money thrown at legislators for the purpose of keeping it illegal. (Because yeah, how many times have you said, "Ehh, no beer for me thanks. I'm pretty baked." Or equally likely: A friend offers you a joint and you scream, "I JUST FINISHED A FUCKING SEABREEZE!" That's right, it's the same joke twice.)

Plus hey, any body/mind altering substance becoming legal today is a miracle. Lots of money has to be thrown around and papers passed and inspections made before that happens. Hell, the drug bureau probably would not legalize coffee today if it came out because caffeine in such a raw form is so addictive (physically).

Although I have seen how great marijuana can be for medicinal purposes, I am throwing that bit completely out the window. There have not been enough major, sponsored, controlled studies to throw any full-Science-weight to backing up that information. (But yeah, I have used it to cure my nausea and as a pain killer before as well. It worked great... But I'm not a doctor.)

Straight up smoking bud is also in no way a form of medicine. Most doctors would not recommend the raw, combusted smoke of an unregulated and non-scaled or tested substance. It is still SMOKING which is, in itself, a bad thing. The heat of burning pot is also higher than tobacco so if you smoke joints or a pipe, you're just as likely to get cancer as straight rolling tobacco smoked in a similar way. (Yeah, there are a ton of cancer causing agents in ANYTHING you smoke!) So use a bong or a vaporizer I guess...

Also: An assassin using weed to calm down before a kill is straight up badonky. THC will not help you perform physical tasks and it DOESN'T calm you down. Indeed, thinking and reflexes are slowed, visual tracking of moving objects is far worse, increases the heart rate by 50%, causes the formation of phlegm (a minor problem, I know, but that impedes breathing in the long run), and worse, makes you easily distracted. I can see this assassin now: "Okay. Time to kill the mayor... Oh shit, I have peanut butter on my hand. Ohhm nom... Oooooh God I wish I had cookies."

Leave the arguing to NORML and let them do the talking.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarkAztek For This Useful Post:
Grimmjow (09-25-2009), Mal (09-17-2009), Miburo (09-19-2009), Sevi (09-17-2009), The Madness (09-20-2009)
Old 09-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #11
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

I am not against Marijuanna being legal, but I think it is a pretty stupid thing to do. I know people say they have revelations and stuff from smoking Marijuana or doing hallucinogens, but don't people claim religion does the same? Yet we criticize religion because they run away from reality. Drugs aren't much different.

Personally, why anyone would want to give up their rational mind is confusing to me.

- Heraclitus

Last edited by RNB; 09-17-2009 at 08:30 PM.
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
Azumi (09-20-2009), Miburo (09-19-2009), rokudaime_hokage (09-19-2009), The Madness (09-20-2009)
Old 09-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #12
Mal
Scotch

Quote:
opium has to have stuff done to it for it to have an effect. salvia well i give that to you, its also classified as a psycho active hallucinegenic ...... BUT ITS LEGAL!!! why is this, cause the plant itself has no other uses other than smoking it, so it didnt effect the big wigs. salvia is at least ten times stronger than any marijuana is, but only lasts a couple minutes or so, when compared to marijuana which lasts about an hour after few joints.
Salvia is legal? O RLY?
Quote:
Countries where Salvia is banned

* Australia
* Since June 1, 2002. Belgium
* Salvia divinorum was added to a list of "illegal products" in May 2006. Denmark
* Since August 23, 2003. Estonia
* Since April 2005 Salvia divinorum is listed as a medicinal herb that requires a doctor’s prescription. Finland
* Since August 2002, unless with a relevant prescription from a doctor. Italy
* Since January 11, 2005, the sale and possession of Salvia divinorum and salvinorin A are illegal. Japan
* Salvinorin A is one of the thirthy-three controlled substances that has been said to be banned under a pharmaceutic law that should have taken effect since April 2007. Norway
* In 2002, The National Health Council of Norway has listed Salvia divinorum as a medicinal herb that requires a doctor’s prescription. Spain
* Sale prohibited since January 28, 2004. South Korea
* As of January 2005, both Salvia divinorum and Salvinorin A are controlled. Sweden
* Since April 1, 2006. The United States
The number of states where Salvia is prohibited is rapidly increasing. Once Salvia is prohibited, the possession and sale of it may lead to a prison sentence of up to five years, so be very careful!

o Florida
o In the spring of 2007 one “Salvia bill” died in committee, so it remained a legal substance. But in June 2008 "the hallucinogenic herb law (HB 1363) makes Salvia divinorum illegal and puts it in the same class of controlled substances as marijuana and LSD. Possessing the herb, often sold on the Internet, will be a felony punishable by up to five years in prison, when the law goes into effect July 1." Louisiana
o The new law, called Act No. 159, went into effect on August 15, 2005 (Strain et al. 2005). Thus Louisiana became the first state in the USA to criminalize Salvia divinorum. Missouri
o Salvia divinorum and salvinorin A also became Schedule I substances in the state of Missouri. Tennessee
o A bill passed that classifies the knowing production, manufacture, distribution, or possession of the active chemical ingredient in the hallucinogenic plant Salvia divinorum as a Class A crime. It went into effect on July 1, 2006. Oklahoma
o On May 26, 2006 Salvia divinorum was added to the list of controlled substances. Delaware
o On March 16, 2006, Salvia divinorum was made a Schedule I controlled substance in that state. Maine
o A bill was signed into law on May 15, 2007, that regulates salvia in the same way tobacco products are regulated in Maine. Adults 18 and over could legally purchase and use the material. Selling or providing Salvia divinorum or salvinorin A to anyone under the age of 18 would be a criminal offense. North Dakota
o On January 15, 2007 Senate Bill 2317 proposed to classify Salvia divinorum as Schedule I controlled substance. The original text of the bill only mentioned Salvia divinorum. The Senate Judiciary Committee amended this on April 5, 2007, changing the bill wording to include salvinorin A and "any of the active ingredients" of Salvia divinorum. Daniel Siebert has questioned this vague wording - "since it could be interpreted to include many commonly occurring pharmacologically active compounds, such as tannins, oleanolic acid, ursolic acid, etc". The amended bill passed in the Senate on February 7, 2007 (ayes: 47, nays: 0). It passed in the House on March 16, 2007 (ayes: 83, nays: 6). It was signed into law by Governor John Hoeven on April 26, 2007. The new law went into effect on August 1, 2007. Illinois
o On January 19, 2006 Senator John J. Millner introduced Senate Bill 2589 to the Illinois State Legislature. This bill sought to add Salvia divinorum to that state's list of Schedule I controlled substances. The Bill failed to pass as the session ended sine die (adjourned with no date set for resumption). On January 26, 2007 Representative Dennis M. Reboletti filed House Bill HB457[56] which proposed Schedule I classification for Salvia divinorum (including "the seeds thereof, any extract from any part of that plant, and every compound, [...] derivative, mixture, or preparation of that plant"). The bill does not mention the active chemical constituent salvinorin A. Daniel Siebert criticised this wording as being "absurdly broad in scope, for it implies that any substance extracted from Salvia divinorum (water, chlorophyll, whatever) would be treated as a Schedule I controlled substance under the proposed law." In March 2007 news of the bill's passage on Reboletti's website alleged that Salvia is a "powerful psychoactive plant which in appearance looks like marijuana but has the psychoactive properties of LSD". Reboletti said, "It's important that we in the legislature are proactive in protecting our children from highly addictive substances" and "For a drug to be classified as a Schedule 1 substance signifies that it's a highly dangerous and potentially lethal drug for its user. Hopefully, the passage of my bill will bring attention to "Magic Mint" and help law enforcement combat the future rise of this drug." Salvia divinorum article references and other sources indicate however that Salvia does not look like marijuana. Its psychoactive properties are not like those of LSD, and that Salvia divinorum is not generally understood to be either addictive or toxic. By May 22, 2007, HB0457 had received support from all 173 members in both bodies of the democratic majority Illinois General Assembly. It was signed into law on Friday August 17, 2007. The law came into effect on January 1, 2008. North Carolina
In June, 2009, A bill that would outlaw the psychoactive herb Salvia divinorum has passed the state Senate. Senate Bill 138, sponsored by Sen. Bill Purcell, D-Laurinburg, would prohibit the "manufacture, sale, delivery, or possession" of Salvia divinorum. The law calls for a fine for the first two offenses and misdemeanor charges for subsequent offenses. Purcell stressed that North Carolina's law would not be as strict as those of 13 states, which made Salvia divinorum a drug on par with heroin.

via Salvia.net
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (09-19-2009)
Old 09-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #13
uchihademon91
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek View Post
Just so you know, I speak as an avid user of marijuana as well.

First off, marijuana IS a drug and it IS addictive. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either misinformed or lying. There is no physical addiction but, like with many dangerous things, it can easily take a hold on your life.

THC and all the other cannabinoids inside of pot can have quite the effect on the body and you can indeed "overdose on it" as well. (Note: I'm not saying you can die from it, you'd have to smoke your body weight to do that. What I'm saying is that for the uninitiated who have too much, it can definitely cause an acute panic anxiety reaction. People describe this reaction as an extreme fear of "losing control" and although it cannot kill you (and goes away in a few hours), it can be quite the bad experience.

The main reason it continues to be illegal today is not because of racism or even because of antiquated values about pot being a bad thing. Alcohol companies make up the HUMONGOUS BULK of money thrown at legislators for the purpose of keeping it illegal. (Because yeah, how many times have you said, "Ehh, no beer for me thanks. I'm pretty baked." Or equally likely: A friend offers you a joint and you scream, "I JUST FINISHED A FUCKING SEABREEZE!" That's right, it's the same joke twice.)

Plus hey, any body/mind altering substance becoming legal today is a miracle. Lots of money has to be thrown around and papers passed and inspections made before that happens. Hell, the drug bureau probably would not legalize coffee today if it came out because caffeine in such a raw form is so addictive (physically).

Although I have seen how great marijuana can be for medicinal purposes, I am throwing that bit completely out the window. There have not been enough major, sponsored, controlled studies to throw any full-Science-weight to backing up that information. (But yeah, I have used it to cure my nausea and as a pain killer before as well. It worked great... But I'm not a doctor.)

Straight up smoking bud is also in no way a form of medicine. Most doctors would not recommend the raw, combusted smoke of an unregulated and non-scaled or tested substance. It is still SMOKING which is, in itself, a bad thing. The heat of burning pot is also higher than tobacco so if you smoke joints or a pipe, you're just as likely to get cancer as straight rolling tobacco smoked in a similar way. (Yeah, there are a ton of cancer causing agents in ANYTHING you smoke!) So use a bong or a vaporizer I guess...

Also: An assassin using weed to calm down before a kill is straight up badonky. THC will not help you perform physical tasks and it DOESN'T calm you down. Indeed, thinking and reflexes are slowed, visual tracking of moving objects is far worse, increases the heart rate by 50%, causes the formation of phlegm (a minor problem, I know, but that impedes breathing in the long run), and worse, makes you easily distracted. I can see this assassin now: "Okay. Time to kill the mayor... Oh shit, I have peanut butter on my hand. Ohhm nom... Oooooh God I wish I had cookies."

Leave the arguing to NORML and let them do the talking.

ok... like i said in my first post toward the end...... marijuana is NOT for everybody. some people have negative effects such as high paronoia and anxiety attacks. just like how some people have lethal allergic reactions. some just can't handle it.

for assassins.... ya your comparing them to the trips that a high school kid has, they get paranoid very easily. assassin are trained killers. if you smoke a joint, in quite a few people, it helps you to relax and process the situation. these were highly trained people, not little kids. they smoked ganja on the regular and were very used to any effects. they dont go and smoke 3 blunts and 6 bowls. they smoked a small bowl or so and proceeded. look it up.

maybe for you you get a little more racy and a little paranoid. but for a lot of people i know, and for my self personally, my body and mind are very relaxed under the influence. it is not addictive to all. to some sure, they get hooked on that feeling because of their own insecurities in reality. i smoked every day just about and quit cold turkey for a couple months then picked up again and quit for a few more months. so its not addictive to all, to some. its not for everybody.

you cant make general statements like that. because they dont apply to everybody. like i said in my first post. marijuana isn't for evrybody, people handle the effects differently and they can vary vastly from one individual to another.

dont say that marijuana takes a hold of your life... like its an absolute fact. because that is straight ignorance. i started to smoke marijuana in the 7th grade. after i started i continued to get high test scores and my grades still remained above average. for me, it helped to change my perspective. it made me a kinder and more realistic person. it helped me realize what i find important in this world. it just helped, it wasn't the sole cause. so dont say that it will ruin your life and control you. you sound like one of those above the influence commercials which are completely retarded and i laugh my ass off every time i see them, at their corporate funded bullshit. if you want to talk about any "drug taking over someones life, talk about any prescription drug or any drug made in a lab. they try to focus on marijuana. its crystal meth, cocaine, heroin, extacy, shrooms, all the hardcore drugs that truly ruin peoples lives

for me, it is almost beyond my comprehension how some people just start to panic and act completely retarded and lazy when they smoke marijuana. usually my mind is racing wit thoughts all day and i cant just focus on one thing. under the influence, i can just keep my mind from wandering off in several directions at once. my body feels excellent, like i just took a 8 hour nap.

so dont apply your opinions to every body who smokes because it doesnt apply. i dont apply my opinions in general statements like that. its that kind of narrow thinking thats frustrating.

@ mal.......oh wow.... you named 2 countries and 2 states where salvia is banned. i just bought some salvia out of a smoke shop over here in california just last month. they sell all the potencies as well. there are plenty of places to purchase salvia.

Last edited by uchihademon91; 09-19-2009 at 12:43 AM.
uchihademon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:46 AM   #14
The Madness
Passion Rules

Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice

Weed is no big deal.

Stoners make me rage, and people who whine all the time about people smoking pot here or there also makes me rage.
The Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Madness For This Useful Post:
Grimmjow (09-25-2009), Miburo (09-19-2009)
Old 09-19-2009, 01:46 AM   #15
Mal
Scotch

Quote:
@ mal.......oh wow.... you named 2 countries and 2 states where salvia is banned. i just bought some salvia out of a smoke shop over here in california just last month. they sell all the potencies as well. there are plenty of places to purchase salvia.
Oh wow. A relatively "new" drug that's just coming into public knowledge hasn't been outlawed in your state. HOLY SHIT.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (09-19-2009)