Need Example of Element Advantage/Disadvantages... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 10-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #1
Widana14
Akatsuki

Widana14 will become famous soon enoughWidana14 will become famous soon enough
Need Example of Element Advantage/Disadvantages...

HI all...

I'll make it short...

as we know...in Narutoverse,

Fire>Wind>Lightning>Earth>Water>Fire

I agree about Water>Fire>Wind, cuz i've seen it in real life...

can anyone give/show any daily life proof about the remaining advantage/disadvantages?

like Earth> Water...?
Wind>Lightning...?
Lightning>Earth...?
IDK/i've never seen anything like it so far...

Member of the Akatsuki FC ; Check Out da cute deidei !!!
"Yow, I'm Deidara-chan"
Member of The Jiraiya FC

PROUD MEMBER OF ANTI-SASUKE FC
sasuke: beware !!! The world shall watch me...cry to death !!!

Member of The Uchiha Itachi FC
Member of The Sasuke Haters FC
Member of Kage FC
Member of Three Legendary Sannin FC

Don't forget to post in these cool threads !!!
Widana14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Need Example of Element Advantage/Disadvantages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widana14 View Post
HI all...

I'll make it short...

as we know...in Narutoverse,

Fire>Wind>Lightning>Earth>Water>Fire

I agree about Water>Fire>Wind, cuz i've seen it in real life...

can anyone give/show any daily life proof about the remaining advantage/disadvantages?

like Earth> Water...?
Wind>Lightning...?
Lightning>Earth...?
IDK/i've never seen anything like it so far...
i think it doesnt really matter, kishi just intended to make a pentagram where each element has one inferior and one superior element

edit: i think it could have been more logical to switch lightning and earth, but i think kishi wanted it this way cause of the relation between the elements of sasuke and naruto

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems

Last edited by stubborn_d0nkey; 10-10-2009 at 09:07 AM.
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #3
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Earth>water, because dams stop rivers, and and a beach stops the ocean tide. that's the best examples I can think of.

Wind>lightning ? Not sure how it could either. Actually it's the flow of water and wind in the atmosphere that causes the negatively charged particles that make up lightning. So to me it seems wind would amplify lightning. But then again wind already boosts water and fire attacks, so if it made lightning stronger to it would make it way to strong an element compared to the other 4.

Lightning>earth doesn't make much since to me. The earth grounds out electricity so to me it should be Earth>lightning, but apparently kishi disagrees.

Last edited by ask me anything; 10-10-2009 at 09:15 AM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
platinumrug (10-10-2009)
Old 10-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #4
Widana14
Akatsuki

Widana14 will become famous soon enoughWidana14 will become famous soon enough

thx...
If there's still any proof out there, let us know okay !!!

Member of the Akatsuki FC ; Check Out da cute deidei !!!
"Yow, I'm Deidara-chan"
Member of The Jiraiya FC

PROUD MEMBER OF ANTI-SASUKE FC
sasuke: beware !!! The world shall watch me...cry to death !!!

Member of The Uchiha Itachi FC
Member of The Sasuke Haters FC
Member of Kage FC
Member of Three Legendary Sannin FC

Don't forget to post in these cool threads !!!
Widana14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

The answer is simple: Kishi broke the mold set forth by Pokemon.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
liondemon
Missing Kage

liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Earth>water, because dams stop rivers, and and a beach stops the ocean tide. that's the best examples I can think of.

Wind>lightning ? Not sure how it could either. Actually it's the flow of water and wind in the atmosphere that causes the negatively charged particles that make up lightning. So to me it seems wind would amplify lightning. But then again wind already boosts water and fire attacks, so if it made lightning stronger to it would make it way to strong an element compared to the other 4.

Lightning>earth doesn't make much since to me. The earth grounds out electricity so to me it should be Earth>lightning, but apparently kishi disagrees.
Wind cuts anything, only fueling fire. If wind can cut the lightning, it can disperse it or reduce the amount that connects. Maybe in nature as well, I dont know, but maybe wind does aide in "guiding" exactly where lightning strikes.

Lightning strike can destroy earth, Just the force on impact alone is enough the break earth. Lightning can also cut as Sasuke did wiith Orochu and Kamato

Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny
liondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #7
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Wind cuts anything, only fueling fire. If wind can cut the lightning, it can disperse it or reduce the amount that connects. Maybe in nature as well, I dont know, but maybe wind does aide in "guiding" exactly where lightning strikes.

Lightning strike can destroy earth, Just the force on impact alone is enough the break earth. Lightning can also cut as Sasuke did wiith Orochu and Kamato
lightning ionizes the air which is why electricity (lightning) can pass through it, if you could somehow use wind to produce a vacuum then lighting would be non-existent in the vacuum and in that way its clear that wind > lightning

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
The Following User Says Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (10-11-2009)
Old 10-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
redexploit

redexploit is on a distinguished roadredexploit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_narut0 View Post
lightning ionizes the air which is why electricity (lightning) can pass through it, if you could somehow use wind to produce a vacuum then lighting would be non-existent in the vacuum and in that way its clear that wind > lightning
Lightning is the result of air particles that have been ionized (plasma). However, it is incorrect to say that the lightning itself causes the air to ionize. http://science.howstuffworks.com/lightning2.htmAlthough not the gold standard in scientific literature, "How Stuff Works" does give a nice dumbed down explanation.

Seriously, guys, trying to use modern science to explain Naruto element properties is asking for failure. Next thing we known some idiot is going to try to use modern science to explain Ying/Yang manipulation....

Last edited by redexploit; 10-13-2009 at 08:26 AM.
redexploit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #9
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redexploit View Post
Lightning is the result of air particles that have been ionized (plasma). However, it is incorrect to say that the lightning itself causes the air to ionize. http://science.howstuffworks.com/lightning2.htmAlthough not the gold standard in scientific literature, "How Stuff Works" does give a nice dumbed down explanation.

Seriously, guys, trying to use modern science to explain Naruto element properties is asking for failure. Next thing we known some idiot is going to try to use modern science to explain Ying/Yang manipulation....
it was a simplistic explanation

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote:

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

Quote:
this is a quote

Quote:

4. Breaking up a quote

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
my reply 4

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

Old 10-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #10
mewmew
Fodder-nin

mewmew is an unknown quantity at this point

Earth will be the most powerful element (cus it's resilient to all other elements) if Kishi didnt invent the pentagram in the narutoverse. The advantages/weaknesses in the element pentagram was made for plot development (so as to even out all the elements, supposedly) and detailed characterization, other than that, its not applicable in the real world. he fixed water>fire>wind to make the rest of the diagram look logical.