News of the Day: Obama wins nobel prize - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 10-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
seanizzzle
The Everknowing

seanizzzle is an unknown quantity at this point
News of the Day: Obama wins nobel prize

The news is too long to copy and paste but here is the link:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/091009/world/nobel_peace

Well the title speaks for itself..it turns out that Obama just won a Nobel Peace Prize and now i guess you are all wondering why?..well so am i...i mean i love Obama and all but i do not honestly think he has done anythin deserving of the title..as said in the story i agrre that the reason is more fo the promise that he is gunna do somethin rather than what he has done..anywayz go OBAMA!!!

Proud Member of Toad Sage Naruto: Konoha's Orange Flash Fc
Proud Member of Jaraiya FC

"As Payment i'll let you play with me, Though you're an idiot Baby!"

"I dance like the Butterfly! I'm the Eight Tails! I sting like a Bee!"
seanizzzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Re: News of the Day: Obama wins nobel prize

He is the first black guy to be the most powerful man in the world and he didnt ask the israelis and palestinian to end their argument in a rap battle.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
seanizzzle (10-09-2009), SimonCP (10-15-2009)
Old 10-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
seanizzzle
The Everknowing

Hahaha!!!..lol...well hopefully he does do somethin special though...

Old 10-10-2009, 02:13 AM   #4
uchihademon91
Chuunin

uchihademon91 is on a distinguished roaduchihademon91 is on a distinguished road

im hoping he does do something worthy of such a prestegous award.

but i do not believe he should have recieved it in the hope or promise that he does do something great.

and if he recieved the nobel prize for being the first black president, and being an 'inspiration' for a new generation, etc.... thats a bunch a bullshit. he doesnt deserve the nobel peace prize for that, give the man a cookie.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:41 AM   #5
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I don't think he got it for being the first black president. If he did, then yeah, that's stupid.

I do know that he brought a lot of hope to people in the US and around the world. I play japanese MGO and there are JPs that had characters named after Obama and clans called "LOVE OBAMA" and shit like that. And when they found out I'm an American usually the first thing they said was something along the lines of "How awesome is Obama, amirite? =^.^=" and stuff. I know japanese politics are tied in with the united states and all, but still. I've seen EU people excited about Obama, I've seen canadians pumped about the dude, etc. And I don't think it's because of his skin color. It's not like there haven't been minority world leaders in other parts of the world, and it's not like that race stuff is even all that important everywhere either. He is generally a charismatic guy. I guess that's worth something.

Also, I dunno how the nobel piece prize actually works. Does someone have to win every year? Maybe all the other nominees haven't done anything all that awesome either this year. I dunno.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:24 AM   #6
The Madness
Passion Rules

Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,771 Posts
The Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really niceThe Madness is just really nice

The Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:00 AM   #7
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

^ In France.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #8
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

The sad thing is that nominations are submitted in February, which means Obama was not even the President for that long.

I really don't care about the Nobel Peace Prize so I don't care if Obama won it or not.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #9
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

Ghey, black man in white house wins medal for doing fuck all, nothing any other leaders of the world haven't done.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #10
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

Because he would have called the Race Card like all the others do when your decisions don't favor them. Get in trouble at school? The teacher was racist. Get in a fight with a white kid? He's racist and only fought you because the color of your skin is different.

In all seriousness, I believe he got it because they wanted to cash in on the monumental landmark in US history in a "me too" kind of PR stunt. Of course, the Nobel Peace price has lost it's meaning since Jimmy Carter and Al Gore's prizes. It's all political bull shit now like everything else.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #11
seanizzzle
The Everknowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease View Post
Because he would have called the Race Card like all the others do when your decisions don't favor them. Get in trouble at school? The teacher was racist. Get in a fight with a white kid? He's racist and only fought you because the color of your skin is different.
Oh shut up... Obama is the last black guy i can think of that would pull of something like that..he's a president of the fukn 21 century for goodness sake..he knows better than to pull a stunt like that..he'll lose all the respect including mine and as a matter of fact if you had read the full story, even Obama himself wasn't so sure why he won, he knows he didnt really deserve it. Obama is just as surprised as us.

Quote:
In all seriousness, I believe he got it because they wanted to cash in on the monumental landmark in US history in a "me too" kind of PR stunt. Of course, the Nobel Peace price has lost it's meaning since Jimmy Carter and Al Gore's prizes. It's all political bull shit now like everything else.
yea i'll have to agree with you on this.

so all in all lets not blame Obama for this..its the idiots that decided to give it to him in the first place...

Old 10-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #12
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihademon91 View Post
im hoping he does do something worthy of such a prestegous award.

but i do not believe he should have recieved it in the hope or promise that he does do something great.

and if he recieved the nobel prize for being the first black president, and being an 'inspiration' for a new generation, etc.... thats a bunch a bullshit. he doesnt deserve the nobel peace prize for that, give the man a cookie.
He got it for his stern talking to of Iran and his "tough talk" concerning denuclearization. Or something like that.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #13
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,471 Times in 3,663 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

I don't think Obama has been given the prize because of what he's accomplished. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Think about it. What does the Nobel Peace Prize mean? It's not there to give Obama a nice fuzzy feeling when he wakes up. Obama is the first time in recent history that so much goodwill and hope has been riding on a leader of the free world. He's said that he'll do a lot of things, like nuclear disarmament, and peace in the middle east. The peace prize is there to draw attention, and place even more international pressure on the Obama administration to do the right thing. I think it's more there for Obama to live up to, than to celebrate what he's done - which all things considered, has actually been a very good start.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-11-2009), Miburo (10-13-2009), Sevi (10-19-2009), The Madness (10-13-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #14
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Ask what the countries in war think oh wait they already did:

Quote:
We have seen no change in his strategy for peace. He has done nothing for peace in Afghanistan. He has not taken a single step for peace in Afghanistan or to make this country stable.

We condemn the award of the Nobel Peace Prize for Obama. We condemn the institute's awarding him the peace prize. We condemn this year's peace prize as unjust.
Quote:
We are in need of actions, not sayings. If there is no fundamental and true change in American policies toward the acknowledgment of the rights of the Palestinian people, I think this prize won't move us forward or backward.
Quote:
So soon? This is too soon. He has not yet made a real input. He is still at an early stage. He is only beginning to act.

This is probably an encouragement for him to act. Let's see if he perseveres.
And the one that will make him sweat:
Quote:
We hope that he will be able to achieve peace in the Middle East and achieve Israeli withdrawal to 1967 borders and establish an independent Palestinian state on 1967 borders, with Jerusalem as its capital.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8298802.stm

All he's done is talk and he won a nobel prize? Wtf? I want world peace too can they give me an award if I say that on news channel 4?

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #15
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Guys, this is the Nobel Peace Prize. Did you really expect a genius?

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-12-2009)