Naruto's Homosexuality - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #31
platinumrug
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
platinumrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: OH
Age: 24
Posts: 3,635
Thanks: 11,685
Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,400 Posts
platinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really nice
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Who gives a flying fuck if Naruto is gay or not??? Lmao, come on.
__________________
Check me out on
platinumrug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to platinumrug For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (11-20-2009), Numinous (11-20-2009), Silverblade (11-20-2009), Spiegel (11-19-2009), UchihaTaijiya (11-20-2009)


Old 11-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #32
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
TheSixthHokage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hokage's Office
Posts: 2,676
Thanks: 952
Thanked 1,017 Times in 587 Posts
TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Naruto has been a story of bonds since the beginning, circulating around the lives of Uchiha Sasuke and Uzumaki Naruto. Being a shonen ninja-themed adventure story about the brotherhood between the two, it is inevitable for people to jump to the conclusion that homosexual feelings exist between the two. This is rather intriguing as Naruto has constantly showed signs of attraction in the opposite sex, while being uncomfortable and indeed homophobic towards depictions of the male body. Not many male homosexuals avoid seeing that which they are attracted to. The counterargument that this is Naruto hiding his feeling seem to be very delusional as characters are displayed through entirely visual observation in manga. Naruto’s very reactions show disgust, so how are we the audience supposed to interpret it? When Sasuke hits an opponent with a genjutsu, should I simply assume it was ineffetive, despite visual evidence to the contrary? Commentary means nothing without the support of the manga. A few awkward panels (most of which can only be interpreted as homosexual, when one clearly is guided to it) that were done for humour do not matter.
Why is it interesting that Naruto and Sasuke kiss? The manga, particularly at the beginning, was aimed at teenage boys; what’s more hilarious to them than accidentally kissing another boy and hating it? Goku’s actions were done in the same fashion: for comic relief. The scene in which Sasuke and Naruto’s kiss takes place is quite intense, as Naruto is belittled into a sense of non-existence. The class hates him and loves Sasuke to the point of idoltary, so in a petty means to make himself feel big, Naruto challenged Sasuke by jumping on his desk. He was pushed into Sasuke and then both proceeded to nearly vomit. How this could be interpreted differently is rather interesting. By interesting, I mean faulty as a Soviet nuclear power plant in the Ukraine. Naruto doesn’t accidentally kiss Sakura because it wouldn’t be funny and would be meaningless unless both had the same feeling. This is a sign of a true or even a legitimate romance.
Wait? You’re arguing that Naruto is gay because he likes Sakura because of her physical appearance? Jesus F-ing Christ man. Lamesauce. So a physical attraction can be mimicked for years, so much that he stood up against Gaara for her? Wow, that’s some mighty peer pressure, considering Lee wasn’t met until the Chunin Exams.... must have been hard imitating someone you didn’t know. Er...Naruto thinks “I need to stop making a fool of myself in front of Sakura-chan” and blatantly stops to admire her growth, when has he done that for anyone else?
Naruto ignores Sakura’s confession because of the reasons, shocker!, provided in the chapter. He knows Sasuke is still in Sakua’s heart and she is fooling her self, thus why he becomes visually disappointed from being shocked. He’s a kid on Christmas who just found-out his present was fake. It’s been nearly 3 years of Naruto being sombre in his feelings around Sakura, knowing she loved Sasuke, why would he react incredibly strongly out-of-the-blue? After the death of Jiraiya, the near death of Kakashi and the Pain Arc, I fail to see Naruto being brought to tears about something as little as Sakura lying.
Really? Naruto and Sasuke rarely discussed their emotions. They expressed them in a typical male way: through actions. Just like brothers, they squabble and try to outdo one another, while in the end still loving each other. The panel you provide shows Naruto and Sasuke holding hands. You do realize that that holding hands is not homosexual right? Simply because it is not common in North American and European society does not mean it is homosexual. In Ethiopia, straight men constantly hold hands. It is only homosexual if you deem it so. You have aimed to do so in order to validate your weak argument. When does Naruto give up on his dream of becoming Hokage? He said “a person who cannot save his friend, cannot become Hokage.” In other words, saving Sasuke is the path to becoming Hokage. HUGE difference.
...Beauty and the Beast... seriously? Your historical analysis is rather faulty as in Sparta, a man’s duty was to provide the city-state with off-spring. Casual homosexual sex was not frowned on, until a man refused to have a wife, as was to be expected. This was state-supported bisexuality, not homosexuality. Good try. Wait. Having a coach who gets laid and being in the same pool of water means something is gay? Jumping to conclusions are we...
Naruto blatantly expressed his love for Sakura, constantly and while he has ignored Hinata, he has come closer to real romance with her than Sasuke. He has said to her “I like people like you,” with Kishimoto obviously hinting at more. Never in the manga has there even been a slight hint of homosexuality. You are stretching strong male-male relations to the breaking point. Naruto’s disinterest in Jiraiya’s books is not that shocking... some straight men don’t like strip clubs, does this mean they take it up the ass?
Naruto is constantly complaining about how Jiraiya forces him to go into the Pervy Jutsu, so why would he complain if it was what he wanted. Furthermore, when he desired attention from Jiraiya, as a male mentor, why did he not use it? He wallowed in self-pity, learning the Rasengan alone, without complaining... and guess what? He never used it to re-gain that attention Jiraiya gave him when they first met. Wait... you are arguing that a visual representation of his disgust is contrary to his inner feelings, despite the fact that the mode of media is entirely visual. Holy fuck. This is like me arguing the politics of a composer by listening to his music. Epic fail.
You are assuming that Narutoverse has homosexuals and is not a reflection of Kishimoto’s own cultural lens that is openly homophobic. Japan is a very conservative country and does not embrace homosexuality, thus why it is so often a scape-goat as in other cultures. Thinking that Sasuke feels a similar social pressure is also foolish and Sasuke wants to “re-build his clan,” somewhat difficult when one is homosexual.
Jesus Christ, the graffitti is graffitti. Haku was a very feminine boy, thus why Naruto was attracted to him. Why hasn’t Naruto been attracted to any boys since? Oh yeah. Because he’s straight. Another attempt by Kishimoto to be funny. Actually, his attempts are quite concurrent with being an orphan who desperately needs any attention. That technique was another source of humour, which was used against Gaara only because Naruto assumed “he’d be weaker at the bottom.” Strategy is key.
The last paragraph is such a stretch it’s not even worth my time. Anyone who is defeated is put in a position of less power, they are degraded in the social hierarchy. This can conjur thoughts of sexual hedonism, having that complete control over the other. But the defining factor of homosexuality is actually DOING of the acts... being naked with another man is not homosexual until sexual activity begins.
Furthermore, Sasuke leaning over to Naruto is more like a bow, a respectful admission of Naruto’s equal skills. Their similarities are as brothers, who hate and love each other at the same time.
In conclusion, Naruto is not gay. Arguments for his homosexuality are destroyed by a simple fact. There is not a single panel that shows Naruto being openly gay, participating in homosexual actions or admiring the physicality of other men. However there are entire chapters focusing on Naruto’s romantic relationships with Sakura and Hinata, whom both have feelings for him, in one way or another. His physical attraction to Sakura, open homophobia and classic brotherhood bond with Sasuke needs to be put into context. This is a Japanese manga for young men; conservative Japanese values and male-centred plot are obvious. Misinterpreting a male emphasis in a shonen for homoseuxality is an essentially faulty argument. Indeed, the whole point against Naruto and Sasuke bond as platonic can itself be explained as a very expression of homophobia. The closeness of two men, to a point beyond brothers, shatters the fragile mind of some who cannot accept male relationships that are of such strength. They can only interpret such relationships as sexual because they themselves have only felt such depth of emotion with members of the opposite sex, thus explaining to them why have failed to foster similar bonds.
__________________

Last edited by TheSixthHokage; 11-19-2009 at 11:59 PM.
TheSixthHokage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheSixthHokage For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (11-20-2009), Azumi (11-20-2009), Ero-Sage (11-20-2009), Kinako (11-20-2009), platinumrug (11-20-2009), sheik (11-20-2009), Silverblade (11-20-2009), Tankynator (11-24-2009)
Old 11-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #33
liondemon
Missing Kage
 
liondemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central Cloud
Posts: 3,197
Thanks: 344
Thanked 723 Times in 459 Posts
liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Naruto was too socially ignorant to pretend to have a crush on Sakura for so long. If he were gay, his 1st crush would have been a boy if not Sasuke. Naruto just has a bond with Sasuke that is best understood by saying, for 12 years Naruto had nobody. Sasuke, his worst enemy, becamme his teammate and after bonding for a while, he gave his life to protect Naruto from Haku. For someone cold and cool with goals like Sasuke to jump in the line of fire for hated, friendless, little orphan Naruto is something special to Naruto. It's creates an eternal bond that defies all labels and limits u typically put on typical bonds. It all began that day, built on the ultimate sacrifice of Sasuke's on life for Naruto's lfe. That tight of a bond may come off as so close it's too close, like it could be gay to some, but it isnt anywhere near gay.
Funny thread and posts

But Kishi does "gay play" in this manga enough for me to notice so... But when Naruto wakes up with the wood, he gets it soft again with thoughts of Hinata and Sakura. I promise
__________________
Ninja Assassin


Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny

Last edited by liondemon; 11-19-2009 at 11:50 PM.
liondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liondemon For This Useful Post:
Kinako (11-20-2009), sheik (11-20-2009)
Old 11-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #34
Spiegel
Pirate King
 
Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Line (New World)
Age: 26
Posts: 5,093
Thanks: 1,108
Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

^^whatever happen to spacing and indents?
__________________
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (11-20-2009), Miburo (11-19-2009), Miyuki (11-20-2009), platinumrug (11-20-2009), Playa (11-19-2009), RNB (11-20-2009), rokudaime_hokage (11-19-2009), UchihaTaijiya (11-20-2009), zer0systm (11-20-2009)
Old 11-19-2009, 11:48 PM   #35
rokudaime_hokage
Chuunin
 
rokudaime_hokage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 478
Thanks: 579
Thanked 177 Times in 96 Posts
rokudaime_hokage will become famous soon enoughrokudaime_hokage will become famous soon enough
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

^ i know tl;dr
rokudaime_hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rokudaime_hokage For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-19-2009), Playa (11-20-2009), RNB (11-20-2009), UchihaTaijiya (11-20-2009), zer0systm (11-20-2009)
Old 11-19-2009, 11:52 PM   #36
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
TheSixthHokage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hokage's Office
Posts: 2,676
Thanks: 952
Thanked 1,017 Times in 587 Posts
TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi87 View Post
^^whatever happen to spacing and indents?
Sorry did it in word, isn't being that co-operative after being copied. You'll have to suffer through I am afraid.
__________________
TheSixthHokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:58 PM   #37
Azumi
유아쿨입유캔리드디스
 
Azumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the land of rubbershoes and dirty ice cream... ;o)
Posts: 3,701
Thanks: 730
Thanked 354 Times in 271 Posts
Azumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really nice
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
He said romance, and was referring to how many classical and realistic romances evolve. You took it out of context and fabricated some false argument involving an openly romantic relationship with Sasuke and attacked it. The topic creator never said anything like that though.That's called a strawman. A logical fallacious argument on your part.
Oh wow, I cant believe your throwing that at me. lulz Im not the one who claimed that Naruto is fcking gay. And now you're telling me I took it out of context and fabricated some false argument? Talking about irony... The OP was claiming that Naruto developed a romantic feeling for Sasuke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu Men
Naruto is immediately attracted to Sakura, whilst with Sasuke his relationship with him blossoms over time as they are forced to spend time together. This is typical romance, from Beauty and the Beast to Jane Eyre. His tendency to see Sasuke as brother doesn’t conflict with this reading either when we consider the traditional role of bonding in Samurai culture.
Say whut?

And oh, I know what a strawman is, kthx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
btw, the topic creator never said it did.
He did. With great assumption, btw.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
And no one said wanting to be strong meant he was a homo either. If you disagree with his theory then try actually addressing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu Men
Naruto also tries his hardest to be like Sasuke, causing him to catch up to him as a rival in ability. Sakura attempts to do the same, and it’s insightful that the Naruto acts in the same way to the person she supposedly loves.
The OP used that as one of the proofs for Naruto's alleged homosexuality. That's what I was trying to point out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Naruto clearly does the sexy no jutsu to sexually arouse men for various reasons.
You said sexually arouse. Proof.

And oh.. for various reasons? Elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Also, half your argument was just "lolwhut? LOL LULZ XD" ...Not really all that convincing.
Coz they made me laugh? lawl


Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
There were other people around, and it was a public setting. Based on the fact that there has never been an openly homosexual relationship in the Naruto universe, it's entirely possible that homosexuality is looked down upon in their society. You know, just like how our society insults and mocks homosexuals now.
Oh lawl There was never a homo relationship in Tenjo Tenge. Guess what? It's entirely possible that homosexuality is looked down upon in their society! Takayanagi may be a freakin' gay!!!!

Not convincing, eh? That pretty much makes the OP's theory a complete personal opinion and/or assumptions. As if Kishimoto has any fetishes about homosexuality (not that Im claiming he does/doesnt). Seriously.. There are even less sign of romance in the story than expected/predicted, so why would Kishi give a goddamn fck about homosexuality for that matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
If anything, what you posted only supports the theory that Naruto may have subconscious homosexual feelings. Often times homosexuals who are not comfortable with their feelings lash out and act homophobic. Notice how Kakashi and Sai aren't vocalizing their disgust so adamantly? Only Naruto is, like he's going out of his way to make people think that he's against homosexuality.
Totally a personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Typical closet gay behavior.
You seem to know a lot. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
Or he could just be gay. Tzu Men pointed out tons of instances in the manga that support that theory as well.
You mean those self-interpreted proofs?




EDIT: Anywho, regardless of homosexuality and whatnot, this thread WINS. (for the lulz and such)
__________________


I LOL'D.
삳 압. 유 아 이스투피드.
Azumi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Azumi For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (11-20-2009), Ero-Sage (11-20-2009), Kinako (11-20-2009), sasorry (11-23-2009), TheSixthHokage (11-19-2009)
Old 11-20-2009, 12:21 AM   #38
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU
 
jericho Uzimaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 1,645
Thanks: 2,003
Thanked 1,558 Times in 509 Posts
jericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura about
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

This sounds convincing enough, true. but just because the argument is worded nice and dressed up in a suit doesn't mean it is fact. It just makes it a ...politician! Sure it sounds good and meaningful and heal down right believable....but sadly the promises are empty and the words unintelligible. Naruto isn't gay. He is a emotional child which he has always been from wanting to fit in to never giving up to sticking to his promises he has always been whole hearted and passionate in whatever or whoever he dedicates himself to.

Weak women characters makes Kishi gay?! LOL. Tsunade isn't weak, Anko isn't weak, Kurenai isn't weak.......Mizukage? not weak either. So the characters Male and female that need to be strong are strong, the others serve their purpose story wise . I mean i hate TenTen with a passion, but she helped neji train his 360 rotation and if Naruto needs to learn how to fight with summoning weapons she is the one to see.
jericho Uzimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:30 AM   #39
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumi View Post
Oh wow, I cant believe your throwing that at me. lulz Im not the one who claimed that Naruto is fcking gay. And now you're telling me I took it out of context and fabricated some false argument? Talking about irony... The OP was claiming that Naruto developed a romantic feeling for Sasuke.
I guess I can add irony to the list of things you don't understand. Along with logical argumentation and supporting your claims. And everything the OP claims is supported by evidence found in the manga and logic.


Quote:
Say whut?

And oh, I know what a strawman is, kthx.
If you know what it is, then why use it as an argument?


Quote:
He did. With great assumption, btw.
No, he didn't. You read it wrong.

Quote:
The OP used that as one of the proofs for Naruto's alleged homosexuality. That's what I was trying to point out.
Like I said, you read it wrong. He was pointing out a similarity between Sakura's actions involving Sasuke and Naruto's actions involving Sasuke. He never said anything even close to "lolol tryin 2 b strong = teh gay durr hurr" like you suggested he did.

Quote:
You said sexually arouse. Proof.


And oh.. for various reasons? Elaborate.
Uh, are you serious? Seriously? Do you know what sexual arouse even means? He transforms into naked women. Naked women. Men. Sexual arousal? Any of this clicking yet?


Quote:
Coz they made me laugh? lawl
LAWL

Don't say a theory sucks when you ignore and don't address half of it, is all I'm saying.
Quote:
Oh lawl There was never a homo relationship in Tenjo Tenge. Guess what? It's entirely possible that homosexuality is looked down upon in their society! Takayanagi may be a freakin' gay!!!!
I've never read this Tenjo Tenge. But I'm pretty sure you're completely missing the point again.

Many societies are against homosexuality. Most are, in fact. It's not in any way erroneous to assume Naruto's society is likely similar. The fact that there hasn't been any openly gay characters is only pointed out to show that the society hasn't been demonstrated to be accepting of homosexuals, that's it. Nothing more. And if Naruto's society mirrors nearly all existing societies to date, then it explains why he would not be open about his homosexuality, or even unwilling to accept it himself. Exactly like many homosexuals in our society.
Quote:
Not convincing, eh? That pretty much makes the OP's theory a complete personal opinion and/or assumptions. As if Kishimoto has any fetishes about homosexuality (not that Im claiming he does/doesnt). Seriously.. There are even less sign of romance in the story than expected/predicted, so why would Kishi give a goddamn fck about homosexuality for that matter?
It's a theory based on evidence and logic. Not a personal whim.

Quote:
Totally a personal opinion.
Not really. And even if it was, I hope you're not suggesting that opinions themselves are invalid and can't be well-educated, plausible, etc.

Quote:
You seem to know a lot. =/
Yeah, it helps to know what you're talking about. You should maybe give it a try sometime. ; )

Quote:
You mean those self-interpreted proofs?
I mean the logical arguments he presented and the evidence used to support them.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-20-2009), Playa (11-20-2009), RNB (11-20-2009), rokudaime_hokage (11-20-2009), Servo (11-20-2009), sheik (11-20-2009), Tzu Men (11-20-2009)
Old 11-20-2009, 12:40 AM   #40
ThePRODIGY
Chuunin
 
ThePRODIGY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: walk three blocks down make a left then a right now do u see me
Age: 21
Posts: 461
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
ThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really niceThePRODIGY is just really nice
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

to say naruto is gay is to say almost all the male characters in naruto to be gay
__________________
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._by_nekoni.swf

Great clubs come join
Owner of The konoha 12/Next Generation shinobi fc or k.12/n.g.s.fc
http://forums.narutocentral.com/show...27#post1471427
rocklee fc
naruto fc
naruto pairing fc
lol
ThePRODIGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:44 AM   #41
Vengeance
Death Scythe
 
Vengeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,050
Thanks: 4,776
Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

I haven't read the whole thing sense I'm drunk as shit but the fact that Naruto & homo is in the topic is enough to rep this. You're the fucking man wish I thought of making this thread first.
__________________

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-20-2009), RNB (11-20-2009), sheik (11-20-2009), Tzu Men (11-20-2009)
Old 11-20-2009, 12:51 AM   #42
manta
No Leaf Clover
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tropic
Age: 27
Posts: 407
Thanks: 1,013
Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Its true he's gay look:
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/3/08/

It's like Myths gayness for the 4th and Naruto, plus you know he's jealous of Sasugey that's why he disses him.

Not that Naruto is real but yeh he gay.
__________________

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:55 AM   #43
Vengeance
Death Scythe
 
Vengeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,050
Thanks: 4,776
Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

I've personally preached about Naru-Sasu in the past but this just takes the cake. never thought of making an actual thread on the issue. everyone should rep this Naru-Sasu has more manga evidence when compared to any paring involving Naruto in this manga. Naruto loves the cock & the manga backs this up.
__________________

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-20-2009), RNB (11-20-2009), sheik (11-20-2009)
Old 11-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #44
Playa
The Village Idiot
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 369
Thanks: 1,742
Thanked 529 Times in 155 Posts
Playa will become famous soon enoughPlaya will become famous soon enoughPlaya will become famous soon enough
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSixthHokage View Post
Naruto has been a story of bonds since the beginning, circulating around the lives of Uchiha Sasuke and Uzumaki Naruto. Being a shonen ninja-themed adventure story about the brotherhood between the two, it is inevitable for people to jump to the conclusion that homosexual feelings exist between the two. This is rather intriguing as Naruto has constantly showed signs of attraction in the opposite sex, while being uncomfortable and indeed homophobic towards depictions of the male body. Not many male homosexuals avoid seeing that which they are attracted to. The counterargument that this is Naruto hiding his feeling seem to be very delusional as characters are displayed through entirely visual observation in manga. Naruto’s very reactions show disgust, so how are we the audience supposed to interpret it? When Sasuke hits an opponent with a genjutsu, should I simply assume it was ineffetive, despite visual evidence to the contrary? Commentary means nothing without the support of the manga. A few awkward panels (most of which can only be interpreted as homosexual, when one clearly is guided to it) that were done for humour do not matter.
Why is it interesting that Naruto and Sasuke kiss? The manga, particularly at the beginning, was aimed at teenage boys; what’s more hilarious to them than accidentally kissing another boy and hating it? Goku’s actions were done in the same fashion: for comic relief. The scene in which Sasuke and Naruto’s kiss takes place is quite intense, as Naruto is belittled into a sense of non-existence. The class hates him and loves Sasuke to the point of idoltary, so in a petty means to make himself feel big, Naruto challenged Sasuke by jumping on his desk. He was pushed into Sasuke and then both proceeded to nearly vomit. How this could be interpreted differently is rather interesting. By interesting, I mean faulty as a Soviet nuclear power plant in the Ukraine. Naruto doesn’t accidentally kiss Sakura because it wouldn’t be funny and would be meaningless unless both had the same feeling. This is a sign of a true or even a legitimate romance.
Wait? You’re arguing that Naruto is gay because he likes Sakura because of her physical appearance? Jesus F-ing Christ man. Lamesauce. So a physical attraction can be mimicked for years, so much that he stood up against Gaara for her? Wow, that’s some mighty peer pressure, considering Lee wasn’t met until the Chunin Exams.... must have been hard imitating someone you didn’t know. Er...Naruto thinks “I need to stop making a fool of myself in front of Sakura-chan” and blatantly stops to admire her growth, when has he done that for anyone else?
Naruto ignores Sakura’s confession because of the reasons, shocker!, provided in the chapter. He knows Sasuke is still in Sakua’s heart and she is fooling her self, thus why he becomes visually disappointed from being shocked. He’s a kid on Christmas who just found-out his present was fake. It’s been nearly 3 years of Naruto being sombre in his feelings around Sakura, knowing she loved Sasuke, why would he react incredibly strongly out-of-the-blue? After the death of Jiraiya, the near death of Kakashi and the Pain Arc, I fail to see Naruto being brought to tears about something as little as Sakura lying.
Really? Naruto and Sasuke rarely discussed their emotions. They expressed them in a typical male way: through actions. Just like brothers, they squabble and try to outdo one another, while in the end still loving each other. The panel you provide shows Naruto and Sasuke holding hands. You do realize that that holding hands is not homosexual right? Simply because it is not common in North American and European society does not mean it is homosexual. In Ethiopia, straight men constantly hold hands. It is only homosexual if you deem it so. You have aimed to do so in order to validate your weak argument. When does Naruto give up on his dream of becoming Hokage? He said “a person who cannot save his friend, cannot become Hokage.” In other words, saving Sasuke is the path to becoming Hokage. HUGE difference.
...Beauty and the Beast... seriously? Your historical analysis is rather faulty as in Sparta, a man’s duty was to provide the city-state with off-spring. Casual homosexual sex was not frowned on, until a man refused to have a wife, as was to be expected. This was state-supported bisexuality, not homosexuality. Good try. Wait. Having a coach who gets laid and being in the same pool of water means something is gay? Jumping to conclusions are we...
Naruto blatantly expressed his love for Sakura, constantly and while he has ignored Hinata, he has come closer to real romance with her than Sasuke. He has said to her “I like people like you,” with Kishimoto obviously hinting at more. Never in the manga has there even been a slight hint of homosexuality. You are stretching strong male-male relations to the breaking point. Naruto’s disinterest in Jiraiya’s books is not that shocking... some straight men don’t like strip clubs, does this mean they take it up the ass?
Naruto is constantly complaining about how Jiraiya forces him to go into the Pervy Jutsu, so why would he complain if it was what he wanted. Furthermore, when he desired attention from Jiraiya, as a male mentor, why did he not use it? He wallowed in self-pity, learning the Rasengan alone, without complaining... and guess what? He never used it to re-gain that attention Jiraiya gave him when they first met. Wait... you are arguing that a visual representation of his disgust is contrary to his inner feelings, despite the fact that the mode of media is entirely visual. Holy fuck. This is like me arguing the politics of a composer by listening to his music. Epic fail.
You are assuming that Narutoverse has homosexuals and is not a reflection of Kishimoto’s own cultural lens that is openly homophobic. Japan is a very conservative country and does not embrace homosexuality, thus why it is so often a scape-goat as in other cultures. Thinking that Sasuke feels a similar social pressure is also foolish and Sasuke wants to “re-build his clan,” somewhat difficult when one is homosexual.
Jesus Christ, the graffitti is graffitti. Haku was a very feminine boy, thus why Naruto was attracted to him. Why hasn’t Naruto been attracted to any boys since? Oh yeah. Because he’s straight. Another attempt by Kishimoto to be funny. Actually, his attempts are quite concurrent with being an orphan who desperately needs any attention. That technique was another source of humour, which was used against Gaara only because Naruto assumed “he’d be weaker at the bottom.” Strategy is key.
The last paragraph is such a stretch it’s not even worth my time. Anyone who is defeated is put in a position of less power, they are degraded in the social hierarchy. This can conjur thoughts of sexual hedonism, having that complete control over the other. But the defining factor of homosexuality is actually DOING of the acts... being naked with another man is not homosexual until sexual activity begins.
Furthermore, Sasuke leaning over to Naruto is more like a bow, a respectful admission of Naruto’s equal skills. Their similarities are as brothers, who hate and love each other at the same time.
In conclusion, Naruto is not gay. Arguments for his homosexuality are destroyed by a simple fact. There is not a single panel that shows Naruto being openly gay, participating in homosexual actions or admiring the physicality of other men. However there are entire chapters focusing on Naruto’s romantic relationships with Sakura and Hinata, whom both have feelings for him, in one way or another. His physical attraction to Sakura, open homophobia and classic brotherhood bond with Sasuke needs to be put into context. This is a Japanese manga for young men; conservative Japanese values and male-centred plot are obvious. Misinterpreting a male emphasis in a shonen for homoseuxality is an essentially faulty argument. Indeed, the whole point against Naruto and Sasuke bond as platonic can itself be explained as a very expression of homophobia. The closeness of two men, to a point beyond brothers, shatters the fragile mind of some who cannot accept male relationships that are of such strength. They can only interpret such relationships as sexual because they themselves have only felt such depth of emotion with members of the opposite sex, thus explaining to them why have failed to foster similar bonds.
Know what the difference is between your wall of text & Tzu man's?

He intertwined canon evidence throughout his conjecture & simply stated a point of view/theory. Whereas you don't link any evidence, constantly ridicule those who find validity in the OP's theory and openly dismiss the idea since there has been no blatant panel showing Naruto in act of homosexuality.

Furthermore a tid bit to consider in regards to Kishimoto's cultural lens it should be well noted that he is influenced by the ancient japanese tales in formulating characters/jutsus & in ancient japanese literature, the topic of homosexuality was addressed & when it cames to same sex friends twas common place

edit: did anyone else have trouble typing? cuz i couldn't type in reply boxes til i cleared the cookies
__________________



Last edited by Playa; 11-20-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Playa For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-20-2009), Miburo (11-20-2009), platinumrug (11-20-2009), RNB (11-20-2009), Servo (11-20-2009), sheik (11-20-2009), Spiegel (11-20-2009), zer0systm (11-20-2009)
Old 11-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #45
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,723
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by playafosho99 View Post
did anyone else have trouble typing? cuz i couldn't type in reply boxes til i cleared the cookies
I have no trouble typing, but I'd like to add a little:

Quote:
Originally Posted by playafosho99 View Post
...Whereas you don't link any evidence, constantly ridicule those who find validity in the OP's theory and openly dismiss the idea since there has been no blatant panel showing Naruto in act of homosexuality.
Just so you know, TSH, this particular argument (which you have made, don't try twisting your words) is commiting the Fallacy of Ignorance, "Naruto is heterosexual, because there's no proof he's not." Problem is, there is evidence, you're just unwilling to accept it because you're the one defending an opinion. We have no opinion to defend, we merely defend the evidence.

Last edited by Mal; 11-20-2009 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Improved example
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-20-2009), Playa (11-20-2009), Servo (11-20-2009), sheik (11-20-2009), Tzu Men (11-20-2009)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
naruto's fate Grimmjow Naruto Manga 30 02-15-2010 07:16 PM
Naruto's Parents Naruto Uzumaki 12 Hall of Fail 6 01-11-2008 05:23 PM
Naruto's Key to Power The Special One Naruto Manga 14 12-18-2007 04:06 PM
Naruto's new jutsu: Adding wind element to rasengan. <DaNTe> Naruto Manga 94 09-19-2006 04:56 PM
Do you think that the forth Hokage is Naruto's Father? Black_Kyuubi Naruto Anime 94 02-10-2005 08:11 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.