Naruto's Homosexuality - Page 12 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 11-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #166
Ironclad
Jounin

Ironclad will become famous soon enoughIronclad will become famous soon enoughIronclad will become famous soon enough
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Because that is the particularly interesting subject at this time? And perhaps I cannot be bothered to read through 11 pages of discussion, however titllating that might be for my brain.

As said, I could bring my debate on what homosexuality is on a moral scale. Could. You cannot deter me from my beliefs, nor can you goad me. What you think of it is of no importance or relevance to me. I have nothing to justify, since there is no conflict.

Also, anyone think of this: if Naruto would be revealed as gay, what would be the changed perception of Japanese manga/anime in the western world? I mean for example 4Kids (borderline pruderic) would set themselves on fire if they would have aired a childrens (animation ghetto) cartoon with a gay subject matter.

Not to mention the moral backlash.
Ironclad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #167
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Because that is the particularly interesting subject at this time? And perhaps I cannot be bothered to read through 11 pages of discussion, however titllating that might be for my brain.
Okay. I didn't ask why you were posting in this thread though. But okay.
Quote:
As said, I could bring my debate on what homosexuality is on a moral scale. Could. You cannot deter me from my beliefs, nor can you goad me. What you think of it is of no importance or relevance to me. I have nothing to justify, since there is no conflict.
In this thread. I don't really care what stupid things you believe that don't directly relate to Naruto's homosexuality. And I have no intention of changing your mind or goading you into doing anything. I'm saying that if you want to disagree with the fact that there is nothing wrong with being gay, then do so in the debate section. Not here.

Quote:
Also, anyone think of this: if Naruto would be revealed as gay, what would be the changed perception of Japanese manga/anime in the western world? I mean for example 4Kids (borderline pruderic) would set themselves on fire if they would have aired a childrens (animation ghetto) cartoon with a gay subject matter.
Depends on what the current perception is. For rational people in the western world, the perception wouldn't change from a positive one to a negative one. Since there would be absolutely no reason it would.

4kids would just edit or dub it out. Like they do with everything else. Not like it couldn't be done subtly or tastefully. I doubt there will ever be manga scenes with full on anal penetration or anything even remotely close to that. At most, it'd be some words and maybe a kiss or some shit.
Quote:
Not to mention the moral backlash.
Like I said, it'd piss off some homophobic, irrational people. That's it.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-22-2009)
Old 11-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #168
Rikudou Sennin
Legend

Rikudou Sennin is on a distinguished roadRikudou Sennin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
@Ironclad- Being gay is okay. Your belief is wrong. Get over it.
Look people will accept gayness like any other thing but that doesn't mean that it's right or wrong it just means that it's going to be accepted. We as a people have no idea what is right or wrong, we even thought that it was okay to punish other people by hanging them or burning them alive in many countries. But to see what is right or wrong all we have to do is look at nature. There are to genders to each species. That's because we are supposed to mate only with the opposite sex. That doesn't mean that we can't do otherwise but it would be unnatural! Ofcourse there are anomalies that we must accept.
Rikudou Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rikudou Sennin For This Useful Post:
sickoverdrive (04-20-2010)
Old 11-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #169
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

My articulated two cents on the matter.
  • Being gay is ok, people. Gay people aren't abominations: it's just a genetic or subconscious condition, it's still being investigated. Also don't come with the "unnatural" arguments, there are records of lesbian gazelles that do some naughty games when the males aren't interested in them, and gay male snakes that mate with each other to keep them warm when they emerge in a cold Spring morning. So accept it as civilized people and move on.
  • I recognize there are many hints at the possibility of Naruto being gay like Tzu-men appointed in his original post. But it's up to interpretation, where some see a bunch of stars, others see a dragon or a bear. Personally, some of the hints I can agree with him, but others I can't agree with him because I think he's over-thinking some instances of the manga just for the sake of the point. Summarizing, the point is valid, but some of the arguments are not that valid.
  • Lastly, I don't think Naruto is gay. Why? Aside from shipping NaruHina (yes, flame me as you want, I don't care), I don't think Kishimoto would kill his hen of the golden eggs. This is a shonen manga, and because of the slightly homophobic conjecture of the targeted demographics, he'd be pulling a flop if he revealed a confessed gay Naruto. If it's a good twist to the shonen genre? Yes. If it'd drag the manga and the author to a pretty low place in the majority's (even non-Naruto fans) opinion? Yes.
It's better to say Naruto is asexual until definitely proven otherwise and avoid these silly flame festivities.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Last edited by Numinous; 11-21-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (11-21-2009)
Old 11-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #170
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikudou Sennin View Post
Look people will accept gayness like any other thing but that doesn't mean that it's right or wrong it just means that it's going to be accepted. We as a people have no idea what is right or wrong, we even thought that it was okay to punish other people by hanging them or burning them alive in many countries. But to see what is right or wrong all we have to do is look at nature. There are to genders to each species. That's because we are supposed to mate only with the opposite sex. That doesn't mean that we can't do otherwise but it would be unnatural! Ofcourse there are anomalies that we must accept.
It's already been stated go to the debate section to argue your shit. Homosexuality in nature is a documented phenomenon. It's not limited to people. So don't pull the "unnatural" bullshit. Do it in the debate section, where you'll get shot down with superior reasoning, like every other homophobe who goes there.

Now, Naruto, that guy is camp as Christmas, amirite. DATTEBAYO.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (11-21-2009), Mal (11-22-2009), Miburo (11-21-2009), Playa (11-21-2009), rokudaime_hokage (11-21-2009), Servo (11-21-2009), Tzu Men (11-21-2009)
Old 11-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #171
Rikudou Sennin
Legend

Rikudou Sennin is on a distinguished roadRikudou Sennin is on a distinguished road

Ok I get it. I'll stop with the debate. Just for the record Num' I'm not homophobic . And Jaxon you should have expected a small debate over gayness afterall it is a thread discussing Homosexuality. This is officially my last post in this thread. Have fun!
Rikudou Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #172
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,017 Times in 587 Posts
TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
It should also be noted that being gay isn't a choice one makes. (If you care to debate that fact, then head on over to the debate section) A manga cannot tell you to be gay. It's also a flawed argument. Naruto is an orphan. Naruto is a boy. By that logic, the manga is telling people to be orphans and males.

Also, it may upset some homophobic, irrational fans if Naruto ended up being a homosexual. But it would also be showing that homosexuals can be role-models and heroic figures as well. If Kishi was really intelligent it would actually be in his favor to end up making Naruto gay. He'd be coming off as quite the humanitarian and human right activist in showing the equality in homosexuals and heterosexuals through his art. Like it or not, 20 years from now homosexuals will be regarded as social equals in many parts of the world. Just like racial minorities and women are now. Being the first popular manga writer to show that homosexuals can be admirable figures would pretty much cement Kishi's place in history as not only a popular manga writer of his time, but as a defender of human equality. He has ample motive for making Naruto gay.
I doubt this. Homosexuality is only becoming tolerated because of social activism, almost entirely in the West and a strong belief in the liberal principles of freedom and individuality. Countries unaffected by the American and French revolutions have gigantic social gaps to overcome before they are anywhere near were the West is. Even in our countries we still have Christian groups against it, but even these groups are not as radical as in other areas (e.g. the Middle East).
Old 11-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #173
Ironclad
Jounin

Ironclad will become famous soon enoughIronclad will become famous soon enoughIronclad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
In this thread. I don't really care what stupid things you believe that don't directly relate to Naruto's homosexuality.
Do however act as a mod and refrain from belittling others beliefs.
Ironclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #174
Lalalila
Missing-Nin

Thanked 1,101 Times in 752 Posts
Lalalila will become famous soon enoughLalalila will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
My articulated two cents on the matter.
  • Being gay is ok, people. Gay people aren't abominations: it's just a genetic or subconscious condition, it's still being investigated. Also don't come with the "unnatural" arguments, there are records of lesbian gazelles that do some naughty games when the males aren't interested in them, and gay male snakes that mate with each other to keep them warm when they emerge in a cold Spring morning. So accept it as civilized people and move on.

[
I have a few links for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sv65tsD7N0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6X6OJYbC1A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itq2IMdiocY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JQ_XoKzDG4

Animals are stupid just like your argument
Lalalila is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lalalila For This Useful Post:
Rikudou Sennin (11-22-2009)
Old 11-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #175
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinako View Post
Fuck you.
Quit swinging from their ball hairs and shut the fuck up. I pretty much accepted the fact that they feel that he is gay. I dont care about that now but respect MY opinion and stop talking shit. PUSSY
I think that if you make your font bigger you might be able to get your point across better. That's my theory at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSixthHokage View Post
I doubt this. Homosexuality is only becoming tolerated because of social activism, almost entirely in the West and a strong belief in the liberal principles of freedom and individuality. Countries unaffected by the American and French revolutions have gigantic social gaps to overcome before they are anywhere near were the West is. Even in our countries we still have Christian groups against it, but even these groups are not as radical as in other areas (e.g. the Middle East).
I will agree with Miburo in that currently there has been an large number of gay political speakers and gay activists taking the media by storm vigorously pushing for causes which would have otherwise have been impossible 10 years ago such as registering for the milliary, marriage, ect... This has been the first time since I've heard so much political movements within the gay community which quite frankly I'm not suprised. I really do believe that we might see our first openly gay president the way things are going. I wouldn't see how making Naruto gay would hurt Kishi, his main objective in this series to to fully expose human nature in the forms of bonds, trust, love, rivalry, hate, and peace. Making Naruto gay would actually make more sense since gay people acknowledge what it means to truly love someone even if they are of the same gender making them have a better understanding on how human nature works better than most. It all boils down how Kishi handles his characters if he is able to successfully highlight that message.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-22-2009), Miburo (11-21-2009)
Old 11-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #176
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalila View Post
@ bolded: You're calling yourself stupid, congratulations! Humans are animals too, you know that, right? Also, hormones, have you heard of those? So it's not stupidity that makes the dog hump [insert random thing here], it's high levels of testosterone. Watch more good documentaries about non-sapient animals instead of youtube lulzy videos.

For the rest, sorry for the derailment of the thread.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (11-23-2009), Mal (11-22-2009), Miburo (11-21-2009), Vengeance (11-22-2009)
Old 11-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #177
liondemon
Missing Kage

liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light

If u are naturally gay, then thats ok. If u willingly become gay by curiosity or drugs, or whatever, heterosexual relationships not working out, then that's not ok. It's not "natural". By naturally i mean, emotionally, mentally, and physically becoming sexually attracted to the same sex at a young, puberty, age like most become attracted to the opposite sex. If it's a natural consensual bond and doesnt harm anyone else, is should be accepted, but otherwise, willingly openly crossing over can make the younger, pre sexually active children think it's ok to ignorantly experiment like this, which can cause a lot of sexual confusion and damaged, future relationships and mental issues/confusion, suppression in the future once your natural sexual preference presents itself, or doesnt, or is confused itself at puberty. By "right of life", i think ones own sexual preference, be it natural or chosen, is his and hers own choice. I just personally dont like or respect the chosen homosexuality and definitely wouldnt want Naruto to be completely ruined by something like that. He and Sasuke cannot past their genes and start adopting orphaned kids, or turkey basting Hinata and Sakura and stupid unnecessary shit like that. All the good genes, strongest, "destined" of the sperm, and the manly man attitude and strength leaves Konoha in the majority. Most the men dont wanna get their pretty face hurt or scratched so they dont even become shinobi. The women are just as strong as the men since most of them are naturally Butch now and built up tension, stamina and strength from lack of real meat. Now everybody only masters in genjutsu for offense, and Cat's Paw for defense since now it's natural for most men to slap and scratch u with an open hand. Next thing u know, the generally more peaceful ways of the gay Konoha community turns out the whole Naruto World, and there is finally "peace" among ninjas. Just not in the all out battles like Naruto and Sasuke would have lived had they not given each other the broke back, sore throat, loose butt, funny walk before going to battle and being captured and, or killed.

Naruto always had a crush on Sakura, and hated everybody else. Naturally attracted to girls. Sasuke risked his life for Naruto, becoming his 1st and lifelong, best friend by default. If my rival, new teammate risked his life for me and i had no friends and nobody that loved me, i would cherish him till the day he died, no home B, even if he turned against me one day for "understandable mental and vengeful reasons".

I did not start watching a black and white, backwards reading "manga" about a young, strong ninja boy, then watch him mature as a strong ninja teenager, just to find out he likes it in his butt and by his best friend, unlike the majority if the world which I think Kishi would consider more. That sounds sooo gay. Naruto personally has never shown any sexual desires or thoughts for any boy, only dislike for anything like that. Gay people, u will have your day where Somebody makes a great manga about a gay character, but Naruto is not the one. What u think u detect from Kishi's art is called a cock tease. Just something to bring false hope like Sakura and Naruto

Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny

Last edited by liondemon; 11-21-2009 at 04:16 PM.
liondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to liondemon For This Useful Post:
Kinako (11-21-2009)
Old 11-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #178
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikudou Sennin View Post
This is not preschooler attitude!

I can prove he is ...

wait for it .............

HE LIKES SAKURA! There end of discussion. If you want manga proof here:
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/3/04/
Did you notice the drawn little "heart" when he said Sakura-chan? I wonder what that means?! He also said she's cute and that he likes her a lot. I know ...I think that means his gay.
hey did you notice the little heart when he was marking his territory on a little boy?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/0/02/
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (11-21-2009), Mal (11-22-2009), Miburo (11-21-2009), Vengeance (11-22-2009)
Old 11-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #179
Kinako
Chuunin

Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
hey did you notice the little heart when he was marking his territory on a little boy?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/0/02/
That was the pilot issue. That does not count. The heart was a little wierd though.

FEAR THE REAPER
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:42 PM   #180
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It should also be noted that being gay isn't a choice one makes. (If you care to debate that fact, then head on over to the debate section) A manga cannot tell you to be gay. It's also a flawed argument. Naruto is an orphan. Naruto is a boy. By that logic, the manga is telling people to be orphans and males.

Also, it may upset some homophobic, irrational fans if Naruto ended up being a homosexual. But it would also be showing that homosexuals can be role-models and heroic figures as well. If Kishi was really intelligent it would actually be in his favor to end up making Naruto gay. He'd be coming off as quite the humanitarian and human right activist in showing the equality in homosexuals and heterosexuals through his art. Like it or not, 20 years from now homosexuals will be regarded as social equals in many parts of the world. Just like racial minorities and women are now. Being the first popular manga writer to show that homosexuals can be admirable figures would pretty much cement Kishi's place in history as not only a popular manga writer of his time, but as a defender of human equality. He has ample motive for making Naruto gay.
I'd like to add something to support your theory..

We all know that "who will naruto end up with?" is one of the most asked question in the series that ppl look forward for the writer to reveal the answer..
So thousands of fans began to form,those who love narusaku and those who love naruhina..
Now we know that no matter what kishi chooses from those two options will result the rage of the fans of the other choice and i don't think that's something kishi wants,After all he wont risk the disturbance of anime based products like action figures and shit..
So what he will do is what he most likely always do,Make us think something and then throw us all in a whole other and different direction (too lazy to pick an example but you already know it)..
So what will be more perefect for that other than choosing non of the two options to happen and create a new option that wont result the rage of neither of the fans?

Of course the answer is naruto being homosexual.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-21-2009)