The Longest Thread Ever v28 - Page 551 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #8251
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNB View Post
Well, now that I don't partake in religion I have not had any sort of problem. Really, I don't see how raising your hands and jumping for Jesus is any less crazy than what I did. The only difference is that their picture might look a bit happier than mine. I followed religion as if it was everything. I wasn't legalistic about it. I didn't think I would go to hell if I jacked-off or anything like that. I just thought it was bad and a betrayal to the God who loved me. It is just the perfect example of someone valuing irrationality and thinking that the more irrational you are, the better.
I was really just kidding about you needing to get your head checked, I read over it today and I think I came off kinda like a bitch, lol. My bad xD

If there was a real underlying problem that didn't relate to your previous religious beliefs then you'd definitely still have episodes every now and then.

And I'm not going to say that I disagree with you when you say that the above is also or can be considered delusional. Not going to make anymore comments cause I don't want to start a religious debate or offended the cool people on here who do follow Christianity. Anyway, I'm all for praying because I think it's a good method for self-clarification/active effort in trying to be a more moral and decent human being (even if I don't buy into the 'God is listening' aspect).

This guy however.... http://www.youtube.com/user/NightVisionPhantom

8]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
I always thought the church said it was wrong because it was like "adultery of the mind" like thinking about any one but your partner while doing something like that, was as bad as being unfaithful.

which i personally think is a good idea/belief.
cause i would, personally, be unhappy/hurt if my man thought about anyone else naked/sexually.
same goes for myself

to each his own though, some people aren't as sensative about that kind fo stuff
I think that this is an ideal 'virtue' but not really a realistic one. But it's a sweet thing to try and uphold to, especially when the couple is really in love. I know in my last real relationship I didn't have much desire to fantasize about anyone except Chris and I did generally agree that this was a true show of faithfulness, at least, I did until things started to fall apart. And then it was just hard to fantasize about him at all and I didn't have much desire to picture anyone.

Now I don't think I'd hold myself or my boyfriend to this standard. And yes, it has to do with a loss of sensitivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Wut.

Also, bahumbug.
8]

I meant that to sound as dirty as possible. xD
That and I was eating homemade beef jerky ~ lulz.

edit :: LN how is that story coming along?

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

Last edited by UchihaTaijiya; 12-26-2009 at 03:04 PM.
UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UchihaTaijiya For This Useful Post:
Miburo (12-26-2009)

Old 12-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #8252
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
Anyway, I'm all for praying because I think it's a good method for self-clarification/active effort in trying to be a more moral and decent human being (even if I don't buy into the 'God is listening' aspect).
I don't see how asking a non-existent being to help you is at all moral. If anything, it is the exact opposite because instead of achieving your goal, which your morals are based on, you are trying to get divine help.

Even thanking a god is pretty immoral. Giving up pride that you deserve doesn't make much sense when it comes to being the "best" human you can be.

- Heraclitus

Last edited by RNB; 12-26-2009 at 05:54 PM.
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
Miburo (12-26-2009), Servo (12-26-2009)
Old 12-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #8253
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, she doesn't wanna talk about it.

But fuck yeah. I don't normally care who gets the credit for the awesome shit I do unless it's god. That guy gets too much credit already. =D

Edit: @OG-Nah, that's not it.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #8254
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'd rather just PM you what I think about that. lol. But nah, I don't think prayer or thanking God is immoral... unless that's all a person is doing and they aren't actually applying themselves to be better. Like a false promise or someone saying they'll make a comprise but don't act on their words. It's just empty talk/thought then and that's not improving anything.

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #8255
Raifire
Academy Student

Raifire is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't see how asking a non-existent being to help you is at all moral. If anything, it is the exact opposite because instead of achieving your goal, which your morals are based on, you are trying to get divine help.

Even thanking a god is pretty immoral. Giving up pride that you deserve doesn't make much sense when it comes to being the "best" human you can be.
The funny thing about morality is... it is a very personalized view. One might say that pride in itself IS immoral, in "giving up" that pride, and not being prideful is moral. And therefore you are being the "best" human you can be by being humble.

By the way that is not necessarily my point of view... I just like to play devil's advocate.

"I'm not scared..."
Raifire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #8256
Vanity
Succumb

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raifire View Post

By the way that is not necessarily my point of view... I just like to play devil's advocate.
LoL

He doesn't care. He'll attack it anyways.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-27-2009)
Old 12-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #8257
RNB
El Topo

RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raifire View Post
The funny thing about morality is... it is a very personalized view. One might say that pride in itself IS immoral, in "giving up" that pride, and not being prideful is moral. And therefore you are being the "best" human you can be by being humble.

Van is right.

Morality is a code of conduct formed on the basis of achieving a goal. Some people believe in an ethical system, which sees itself as the goal. One should be ethical for the sake of being ethical. I definitely would agree that this is a view on morality that exists. However, it is irrational. I am not going to recognize the 1,000,000 people that believe in big foot while I am arguing about animal rights. It is irrational. I don't give merit to a point that I believe has none. I don't see how that is wrong. That is how we all operate on some level.

So I don't believe in moral relativism. There is only one kind of moral code that is superior and that is the rational one. The rational view of ethics, which sees morality as a means to an end, is about achieving goals. Pride is necessary for the achievement of one's own goals. Don't believe me? Try learning how to ride a bike as you tell yourself you won't be able to know how to do it. That doesn't make much sense.

- Heraclitus
The Following User Says Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
Miburo (12-26-2009)
Old 12-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #8258
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Goddammit, why is he allowed to speak? Also, I bought "Atlas Shrugged" today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
edit :: LN how is that story coming along?
Ha... I started outlining more, but I've been busy.

Last edited by LonelyNinja; 12-26-2009 at 10:59 PM.
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
Miburo (12-26-2009), RNB (12-26-2009)
Old 12-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #8259
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Why ?
Old 12-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #8260
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

I had a gift card to the book store, and I've heard that it's great literature. I really doubt that I'll jump onto the RNB's wacko philosophy bandwagon, though.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #8261
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

I hope not. Stay strong, comrade.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
RNB (12-26-2009), Vanity (12-26-2009)
Old 12-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #8262
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Never compromise is my motto. Plus, I like a good read.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:16 PM   #8263
RNB
El Topo

I can't believe you have heard it considered great literature. I would think just about every English teacher in America hates her.

It is written well though. I read those 1200 pages faster than I read my 300 page Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. Jane Austen is horrible, but 1200 pages is still a lot.

I don't think Atlas Shrugged is enough to convince someone of individualism and egoism. I found The Virtue of Selfishness to be the most convincing of her works. Existentialist literature ties in with her a bit despite her denial of it, and the denial of modern existentialists (or really post-moderns). She was going to name her philosophy Existentialism, but she changed it so as to not confuse it with the philosophy, which "worshiped the zero." Don't ask me why Objectivism was any less of a confusing name because I don't understand why the hell she picked that. There are big differences between existentialism and Objectivism, but I think that if one picks out the good in existentialism you arrive at a place similar to Ayn Rand's philosophy.

Oh, and get ready for the semi-violent sex scenes.

- Heraclitus

Last edited by RNB; 12-26-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #8264
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Quote:
Oh, and get ready for the semi-violent sex scenes.
tl;dr That's all I tuned in on.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:32 AM   #8265
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Drunk mal is so silly <3

We need to sex
= D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
box it up in the near future. Hopefully tomorrow, I miss you brah =/
= (

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer45khb View Post