The Longest Thread Ever v28 - Page 573 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #8581
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Well, that's kind of how I meant it, stuff involving sustained activity on a daily basis, with little to no rest at all. Anaerobic does sound generally more useful, though.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-17-2010)

Old 01-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #8582
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

well i've learned something new today

ah, i see, men of honor....
i like to win, but i wont go as far as to cheat.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-17-2010)
Old 01-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #8583
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Aerobic training only benefits long duration, low energy, steady activities. Like long distance running and...I dunno, other unmanly shit like that. Burst-recovery activities, like pretty much any badass activity one can do, are primarily anaerobic. Even boxing, where matches can last a relatively long time, is primarily an anaerobic activity. It's not explosive energy vs. stamina, or whatever.
While I respectfully disagree with endurance prowess being unmanly (I think Lance Armstrong for example is pretty fucking manly in his own way), I agree with the rest of your post. From what I understand, and basically what you said, pretty much most real life engagements depend upon being explosive, and that activity puts one in one's anaerobic zone. I would think a proper balance between the two would be optimal though for your typical soldier.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-17-2010)
Old 01-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #8584
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

All the systems in the body that are responsible for the breakdown and production of energy work together, more or less. So even if you only do anaerobic training you'll still be improving aerobic stamina. You're just not doing it as efficiently. Just like long distance running will increase anaerobic stamina, just not anywhere near as efficiently. Basically, doing one increases overall stamina.

But overall, anaerobic is usually more useful. And it takes less time to do anaerobic training. The only reason to do aerobic training is if you're training to do something primarily aerobic, like marathon running and whatever it is that lance armstrong does. Someone who does anaerobic training should still be able to run a couple of miles, no sweat. He just won't be able to do it as quickly or as well as someone who trains specifically for aerobic activity. But throw both of those people in a wrestling match, and the person who does aerobic activity will gas first (all other things being equal, of course).

And I say pretty much anything that doesn't involve chopping down trees with your enormous dong while stroking your beard, or battling a platoon of spartan warriors with your bare hands while banging hawt chicks, or both, is unmanly. Not something I say that should be taken literally, lololololololol
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (01-17-2010), RNB (01-17-2010), Servo (01-17-2010)
Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #8585
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_servo View Post
((I think Lance Armstrong for example is pretty fucking manly in his own way)
Are we talking about the same guy? Last I checked Lance didn't have a pair of testicles.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-17-2010)
Old 01-17-2010, 11:31 PM   #8586
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
You building a Gunpla? I have a Sword Strike on my shelf that I've been meaning to build for at least 6 months ;_;
strike rogue i did a while back, it was my first. just finished rx 93 v2. both are MG. im thinking about tackling a Perfect come spring break or summer <.<

build it now O=
//or ill hunt u down and steal it from u and build it for myself <.<
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #8587
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Sweet. Yeah, I really should build it soon. It's just painting it that's the problem =/
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #8588
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

spray paint looks the best imo. i didnt paint any of mine or anything yet, but i bought some paints for it though <.<

//but u gotta know how to use sprayz pretty well otherwise drips and shyte XD
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #8589
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNB View Post
Are we talking about the same guy? Last I checked Lance didn't have a pair of testicles.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #8590
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

work is so boring, but to come onto NL after not looking at it for 14 hours and for nothing to have happened is a big dissapointment
Old 01-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #8591
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

outrageous !
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #8592
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

Yeah, this place is starting to go downhill, inactivity is on the rise =[, on a brighter note, every day is one less day until I get to Canada and our awesomeness causes Canada to tear it's self from the entire continent of N.America.....
Old 01-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #8593
Tabris
Sexy Lady

as much as we canadians act as though we don't like the americans, we really do like being their neighbours, and don't want to torn away from them.
i will not post any reasons for this at this time

on a more possitive note, i am almost done work for today! only 8 more minutes
Old 01-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #8594
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

ah yes, the good old dollar-imperialism, watch haiti just now. amazing how history repeats itself, isn't it?
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #8595
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
as much as we canadians act as though we don't like the americans
Yeah what's up with that sentiment anyway? Is that a common feeling up there, or is it like a vocal minority expressing dislike of Americans?