Just a Thought THREAD - Page 11 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #151
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

why cant a clone hold the "beta"/non-SM rasenshuriken? we have seen clones holding normal rasengans so why cant it hold a "beta" rasenshuriken. Even if it had to be two clones it would still have been great for pre-SM naruto :S Well probably a clone can, but how the story was developing and everything naruto didn't really have a chance to use it like that (because he went into SM training soon after learning "beta" rasenshuriken). But still it seems odd that nobody thought have that.(IMO) Definitely a plot choice on kishi's part.

Oh and if people think that the cellular damage would transfer to the real naruto, i hardly doubt it.
1 the clone would probably disperse
2 What transfers is purely mental . If it was possible for a clone to break an arm and not disperse because of it, after that when naruto would cancel the jutsu he would probably feel the pain of a broken arm, but without it physically being broken (something similar to amputees in real life)
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #152
Ero-Sage
Perverted Hermit
 
Ero-Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 884
Thanks: 1,239
Thanked 379 Times in 215 Posts
Ero-Sage will become famous soon enoughEro-Sage will become famous soon enoughEro-Sage will become famous soon enough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

I agree he should be able to use the fuuton rasengan with a clone. Physical damage doesn't transfer or any time a clone got hit and dispersed it would hurt the user. Which it doesn't. Great tactic. He can throw the FRS and flank the enemy when they dodge and have a clone with the fuuton raengan waiting for him.
Ero-Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #153
Najiro
Chuunin
 
Najiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Age: 22
Posts: 514
Thanks: 587
Thanked 254 Times in 119 Posts
Najiro is on a distinguished road
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

didn't he do that already once??? didn't Naruto us a clone with a Rasenshuriken against kakuzu to distract him while using 1 himself too.
Najiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #154
Krohnie84
Jounin
 
Krohnie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Age: 30
Posts: 944
Thanks: 201
Thanked 214 Times in 139 Posts
Krohnie84 will become famous soon enoughKrohnie84 will become famous soon enoughKrohnie84 will become famous soon enough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

I think the main reason a clone can't execute the FR is due to the pain/damage you have to take to perform it. We all know that Naruto suffered damage when he used it against Kakuzu, perhaps you have to endure a lot of pain/damage to finish executing the jutsu? something a clone couldn't hold up against?
__________________


"Never go back on your word... and never give up, no matter how bad it gets. That's your Ninja way."
Jiraiya Ero-Sennin.
Krohnie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:08 AM   #155
HAxx
Academy Student
 
HAxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 38
Thanks: 18
Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
HAxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krohnie84 View Post
I think the main reason a clone can't execute the FR is due to the pain/damage you have to take to perform it. We all know that Naruto suffered damage when he used it against Kakuzu, perhaps you have to endure a lot of pain/damage to finish executing the jutsu? something a clone couldn't hold up against?

But Narutos clones get f'ed all the time, never affects naruto. So the clone using the jutsu would get blown up, but nothing more. Also never said if making the jutsu hurts or not, so no way of knowing.
__________________
Damn I'm at a disadvantage, my argument has to actually make sense.
HAxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:34 AM   #156
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,196
Thanks: 9,034
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krohnie84 View Post
I think the main reason a clone can't execute the FR is due to the pain/damage you have to take to perform it. We all know that Naruto suffered damage when he used it against Kakuzu, perhaps you have to endure a lot of pain/damage to finish executing the jutsu? something a clone couldn't hold up against?
Making the technque doesn't harm naruto, so it shouldn't harm his clone either. It's the actual damage the move makes when it hit's that damages naruto. He experienced some backlash from the move, similar to the recoil of a gun being shot. Basically you could say the backlash of the technique on naruto was about 5%-10% (my speculation) of what happened to kakauza. If he used it regularly it would have a much worse effect on his body then sasuke's constant MS spamming. Now that naruto can throw he doesn't have to worry about that. But it require SM to throw so ONLY he can. No shadow clones.

Also theirs the chakra limit of using it. Shadow clones split naruto's chakra evenly, but I don't think that applies to the fox chakra(I could be wrong though). So basically a clone with 1/3 of naruto's chakra (just his chakra and not the fox's) shouldn't be enough to make a FR. Not when he can't even summon without the fox's power, and I would think summons would be easier to do than FR.
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 03-09-2010 at 12:36 AM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:02 AM   #157
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Making the technque doesn't harm naruto, so it shouldn't harm his clone either. It's the actual damage the move makes when it hit's that damages naruto. He experienced some backlash from the move, similar to the recoil of a gun being shot. Basically you could say the backlash of the technique on naruto was about 5%-10% (my speculation) of what happened to kakauza. If he used it regularly it would have a much worse effect on his body then sasuke's constant MS spamming. Now that naruto can throw he doesn't have to worry about that. But it require SM to throw so ONLY he can. No shadow clones.

Also theirs the chakra limit of using it. Shadow clones split naruto's chakra evenly, but I don't think that applies to the fox chakra(I could be wrong though). So basically a clone with 1/3 of naruto's chakra (just his chakra and not the fox's) shouldn't be enough to make a FR. Not when he can't even summon without the fox's power, and I would think summons would be easier to do than FR.
This makes no sense. he already uses two clones to make it so that means he would only have 1/3 of the chakra, just like the clone
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #158
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,196
Thanks: 9,034
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
This makes no sense. he already uses two clones to make it so that means he would only have 1/3 of the chakra, just like the clone
It makes perfect sense if you actually understood what I said, which you obviously didn't.

Naruto has access to the fox's chkara to help him perform techniques while his clones don't. When he first summoned gama bunta he needed fox chakra to do it. Making a FR or a rasen-shuriken also requires a lot of chakra. To do this naruto summons up his chakra which is augmented with fox chakra. The clones merely add nature element and perform shape manipulation, neither of which use a ton of chakra.

If naruto tried to let his clone make a rasen-shuriken that clone wold be limited to only 1/3 of naruto's chakra and absolutely none of the fox's. Naruto's clone just wouldn't have the pure chakra levels that the original has. Trust me if naruto in SM can only use the tech twice then a clone with NO SAGE OR FOX CHAKRA and only 1/3 of naruto's chakra wouldn't stand a chance of being able to do it.
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 03-09-2010 at 12:46 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #159
superninja
ANBU
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,841
Thanks: 190
Thanked 690 Times in 553 Posts
superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Trust me if naruto in SM can only use the tech twice then a clone with NO SAGE OR FOX CHAKRA and only 1/3 of naruto's chakra wouldn't stand a chance of being able to do it.
That is a speculation still, but I think Naruto could do it with one third of his chakra, he has a lot of chakra. Plus I think Naruto made several clones and then the rasenshuriken against Kakuzu. Now, when he made those clones he should have distributed his chakra evenly so each body had the access to a portion of chakra. BUT rasenshuriken is made by couple of clones so they each contribute to making it.

Here's a thought, when Naruto went kyuubi one time, every clone felt the effects of the kyubi chakra so that means that kyubi chakra goes to the clones as well but they dispersed for some reason. If Naruto could access kyubi chakra and take as much as he needs then he could in theory make more clones than he already can. Maybe Kishimoto will have to draw a million clones in the future.
__________________
The great off panel war has begun...also called the war of one panel because most fights started and ended in one panel.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.
superninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #160
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,196
Thanks: 9,034
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by superninja View Post
Here's a thought, when Naruto went kyuubi one time, every clone felt the effects of the kyubi chakra so that means that kyubi chakra goes to the clones as well but they dispersed for some reason. If Naruto could access kyubi chakra and take as much as he needs then he could in theory make more clones than he already can. Maybe Kishimoto will have to draw a million clones in the future.

Are you referring to the kakashi and naruto Vs. diedara fight? In that fight the clones were in pain because naruto was using the fox's chakra. When naruto started forming the 3rd tail they couldn't take any more and dispersed. So I guess the fox's chakra does flow into his clones somehow, but they don't seem to be able to use it. Only the original nauto has ever been shown using fox chakra and/or fox cloak/tails.


Also naruto's clone don't contribute much chakra to the forming of rasen-shuriken. He supplies the vast majority of it. All 1 clone does is add the spinning motion to it (shape manipulation), while the other adds wind element (elemental manipulation). The vast majority of the RAW chakra come from the original who actually holds the tech in his hands. Think about it. If the clones were providing power for rasen-shuriken then as soon a they disappeared (which they usually do after forming the attack) the move would begin to power down. The only time that ever happened was against kakuza which was explained by kakashi that naruto simply lost control of the tech because he wasn't use to using that much chakra at one time.
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 03-09-2010 at 02:06 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #161
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
It makes perfect sense if you actually understood what I said, which you obviously didn't.

Naruto has access to the fox's chkara to help him perform techniques while his clones don't. When he first summoned gama bunta he needed fox chakra to do it. Making a FR or a rasen-shuriken also requires a lot of chakra. To do this naruto summons up his chakra which is augmented with fox chakra. The clones merely add nature element and perform shape manipulation, neither of which use a ton of chakra.

If naruto tried to let his clone make a rasen-shuriken that clone wold be limited to only 1/3 of naruto's chakra and absolutely none of the fox's. Naruto's clone just wouldn't have the pure chakra levels that the original has. Trust me if naruto in SM can only use the tech twice then a clone with NO SAGE OR FOX CHAKRA and only 1/3 of naruto's chakra wouldn't stand a chance of being able to do it.
The manga will speak for me (and against you):
http://beta.onemanga.com/Naruto/329/02/
http://beta.onemanga.com/Naruto/329/03/

Enough said

Edit: your gibberish about him using the fox is also idiotic, but lets just stick to the above to prove that you are wrong
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems

Last edited by stubborn_d0nkey; 03-09-2010 at 04:16 PM.
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #162
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,196
Thanks: 9,034
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

LMAO, so a clone going crazy and trying to kill anyone it see's (including naruto himself) is your idea of "successfully" using the technique. I swear you bring me more lulz then anyone on this forum.

Wait I take that back. trueuchiha brings me more lulz.
__________________

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #163
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
LMAO, so a clone going crazy and trying to kill anyone it see's (including naruto himself) is your idea of "successfully" using the technique. I swear you bring me more lulz then anyone on this forum.

Wait I take that back. trueuchiha brings me more lulz.
lol dude, you said that clones dont have access to the kyuubi, that post was to prove you wrong
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #164
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,196
Thanks: 9,034
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

^Ok, so that clone did use fox chakra. There's no denying that. Though it was under rather unusual circumstances. It was kind of weird how it happened. That clone was just minding it's own business while training and then suddenly BAM it's a freakin' 3-tails. WTF? it wasn't even mad about anything, yet it was more pissed off then naruto would get from watching ramen guy get killed. IDK, maybe it has something to do with the clones personality not being as strong as the original, or maybe the clones lack the seal naruto has to suppress the fox. Either way a crazy clone with a S-ranked attack in it's hands isn't the best tactic to use in battle.

Oh, btw my original point still stands. Without SM or fox chakra(which that clone had) a clone couldn't do Rasen-shuriken.


What would happen if yamato didn't surpress the fox's chakra? Would that clone have gone 9-tails?
__________________

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #165
superninja
ANBU
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,841
Thanks: 190
Thanked 690 Times in 553 Posts
superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Just a Thought THREAD

Now I am confused, I thought only the original can initiate the fox chakra but the clones can use it coz they are energy linked. But now the clones can access the kyuubi chakra by themselves. What happens to the original then? Kishimoto made it confusing and maybe a little inconsistent.
__________________
The great off panel war has begun...also called the war of one panel because most fights started and ended in one panel.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.
superninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.