interesting madara/tobi opinion - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 03-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
Dstrukd
Academy Student

Dstrukd is an unknown quantity at this point
interesting madara/tobi opinion

notice how in the manga, he is called madara, then tobi, by zetsu

sometimes he calls him madara, sometimes he calls him tobi

some people think this is just a translation error, but i think its a bit more deep than that

maybe madara is a schizo maybe tobi and madara exists

or maybe there are 2 bodies, one madara, one tobi

this cannot be a mere coincidence

input anyone?
Dstrukd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
superninja
ANBU

superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about
Re: interesting madara/tobi opinion

I won't go into whether he is really Madara, but he did use the name "Tobi", so Zetsu calls him that way. It could be that Zetsu likes that nickname. Zetsu is the closest associate of Madara/Tobi so either he calls him Tobi because Zetsu knows the guy is not really Madara, or he calls him Tobi because he likes to call him that way or is used to calling him that way.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.
superninja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to superninja For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (03-13-2010)
Old 03-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
Dstrukd
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by superninja View Post
I won't go into whether he is really Madara, but he did use the name "Tobi", so Zetsu calls him that way. It could be that Zetsu likes that nickname. Zetsu is the closest associate of Madara/Tobi so either he calls him Tobi because Zetsu knows the guy is not really Madara, or he calls him Tobi because he likes to call him that way or is used to calling him that way.
yeah, but in a way a person of that calibur being a schizo or even being 2 different people would be something that would take this anime/manga away from its often childish plot

also zetsu calls him both madara and tobi...

im soo stuck on the schizo idea bcuz of yuyu hakusho but still,, would b epic O_O

Last edited by Dstrukd; 03-12-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
superninja
ANBU

superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstrukd View Post
yeah, but in a way a person of that calibur being a schizo or even being 2 different people would be something that would take this anime/manga away from its often childish plot

also zetsu calls him both madara and tobi...

im soo stuck on the schizo idea bcuz of yuyu hakusho but still,, would b epic O_O
You mean the main bad guy has two personalities Tobi/Madara that he switches between and Zetsu knows that so he calls him Tobi when he is in Tobi persona and Madara when in Madara personality. Could be, but I don't think the main bad guy is crazy that way because he wouldn't be able to plan that well and he always seem on top of his game.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
Dstrukd
Academy Student

Quote:
You mean the main bad guy has two personalities Tobi/Madara that he switches between and Zetsu knows that so he calls him Tobi when he is in Tobi persona and Madara when in Madara personality. Could be, but I don't think the main bad guy is crazy that way because he wouldn't be able to plan that well and he always seem on top of his game.
again i can reference yuyu hakusho, if you've seen it the schizo bad guy towards the end copes with 7 personas to create a plan makes alot of sense, because he himself saw his plan from 7 different perspectives.

im sure madara, somebody who avoided death for an unknown period of time(apparantly) could end up being a schizo, or even 2 different people

i really doubt and hope, that the plot isnt so shallow to allow madara to jsut be a regular smart bad guy O_O
Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Lol, I just got on after posting my theory and theres another madara thread.

Anyways, y my own theory a double personality or (double conssciousness) is plausible, but I dont see madara really playing a role at all. Just the creature that took him over.

Madaras dead!!

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
Dstrukd
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
Lol, I just got on after posting my theory and theres another madara thread.

Anyways, y my own theory a double personality or (double conssciousness) is plausible, but I dont see madara really playing a role at all. Just the creature that took him over.

Madaras dead!!
i believe his original body is dead, i believe his chakra was placed into obito's body, notice the only eye exposed is the one that was "crushed" while the covered one would have been the one he gave to kakashi O_O

i do think there are either 2 bodies or he may be a schizo though, kishi is too intelligent to not have something along these lines O_O
Old 03-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
i believe his original body is dead, i believe his chakra was placed into obito's body, notice the only eye exposed is the one that was "crushed" while the covered one would have been the one he gave to kakashi O_O

i do think there are either 2 bodies or he may be a schizo though, kishi is too intelligent to not have something along these lines O_O
Well, I was more along the lines of madaras body is still being used, but the power and consciousness controling it isnt madara, its the juubi.

And the comment herehttp://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/11/
"madaras a shell of his former self". If itachi knew the truth all along then the fact that the juubi is just an empty shell right now gives more evidcen to wards the theory of juubi=madara/tobi.

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Old 03-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #9
Dstrukd
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
Well, I was more along the lines of madaras body is still being used, but the power and consciousness controling it isnt madara, its the juubi.

And the comment herehttp://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/11/
"madaras a shell of his former self". If itachi knew the truth all along then the fact that the juubi is just an empty shell right now gives more evidcen to wards the theory of juubi=madara/tobi.
seems to me more like he's saying the body madara is in right now isnt strong enough for what he's trying to accomplish

im curious at the collection of eyes, is he trying to find a fit for his missing one?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Quote:
seems to me more like he's saying the body madara is in right now isnt strong enough for what he's trying to accomplish

im curious at the collection of eyes, is he trying to find a fit for his missing one?
U should check out my thread. I thought that the juubi helped to kill all uchiha so he could gather more of his power (the SGs). Perhaps madara/juubi will have a way to revive himself without taking all bijuu by using the concentrated power of over 100 SGs/some MS/1 EMS and two RGs.

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Old 03-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #11
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

I don't have time right now to check, but it occur to me: that while everyone is placing this Tobi/Madara split by Zetzu on a dual personality, does anyone know which side of Zetzu calls him Madara? Is this just a part of Zetzu's "split personallity"? In the latest chapter, it is the "white" side sees Tobi, is it the "black" side that talks of Madara? It would make sense as the "black" side is more sinister.

Just a thought - anyone care to look?
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #12
mogle42
Genin

mogle42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
..... but I don't think the main bad guy is crazy that way because he wouldn't be able to plan that well and he always seem on top of his game.
that is one of the most naive comments. you do know some of the smartest people are or were crazy at their best moments? mentally ill does not mean they are all dumb. some can be prodigys in their own right most commonly arts and music. however the "real crazys" also have been known to be tactical too. look at hitler granted he was merely manic bipolar and paranoid he brought a nation from ruins to become a great superpower (granted his extreme paranoia got played against him to destroy the great nation but...)

a good american example is the true story movie a beautiful mind.

another good example is the yu yu hakusho reference. even deathnote can be used as a great example. the smartest and crazyiest often go hand and hand... well when making good stories.
mogle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #13
Dstrukd
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogle42 View Post
that is one of the most naive comments. you do know some of the smartest people are or were crazy at their best moments? mentally ill does not mean they are all dumb. some can be prodigys in their own right most commonly arts and music. however the "real crazys" also have been known to be tactical too. look at hitler granted he was merely manic bipolar and paranoid he brought a nation from ruins to become a great superpower (granted his extreme paranoia got played against him to destroy the great nation but...)

another good example is the yu yu hakusho reference. even deathnote can be used as a great example. the smartest and crazyiest often go hand and hand... well when making good stories.
yes sensui from yuyu was quite the genius

any other opinions? i think i have something good here ^_^

no flaming plz and ty
Old 03-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #14
superninja
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogle42 View Post

What I meant was if he has multiple personality disorder then he wouldn't be able to make and execute long term plans because one personality would make it's own plans and the other personality wouldn't know about it and would make it's own plan or wouldn't act according to the first personality plan.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #15
Dstrukd
Academy Student

Quote:
What I meant was if he has multiple personality disorder then he wouldn't be able to make and execute long term plans because one personality would make it's own plans and the other personality wouldn't know about it and would make it's own plan or wouldn't act according to the first personality plan.
its not like the personalities are oblivious to eachother's thoughts and actions O_O

in yuyu hakusho the bad guy completed something that takes 50 years of mental training to do in 8 years due to his split personalities splitting up the work between 7 of them