The Anime/Manga Pairings FC - Page 75 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Fanclub Central > Official Fanclubs

Official Fanclubs View the official fanclubs of the forums and join them if you wish.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #1111
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: The Anime/Manga Pairings FC

In regards to Sakura, even though I'm not a fan of her character I do keep in mind that Kishi's idea of heroics, specially pertaining to women in his manga are different from mine.

What he hinted during the latest JF interview about making her character more heroic ( he knows people don't like Sakura that much, he said so in the interview. Not directly but in contrast to other females, specially Hinata ) has been fulfilled. She was willing to put Naruto's well being before hers for once, and put her feelings for Sasuke aside in order to do what she thought was the right thing.

But in the end she couldn't do it, and as you mentioned her dialog seemed to be her taking a bow out of the only real plot shes connected to.

That is quite frankly more than one could hope for realistically for her, in terms of being heroic. People waiting for her to level cities like the haxxed big boys will be disappointed.
Quote:
In part 2, romantic feelings have just been used a melodramatic plot devices... They aren't really adding anything substantial to the story, like they did for me in Part 1.
No expectations = no disappointment.

Pairings will happen, but not how the fandoms expect.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2010, 03:30 AM   #1112
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
In regards to Sakura, even though I'm not a fan of her character I do keep in mind that Kishi's idea of heroics, specially pertaining to women in his manga are different from mine.

What he hinted during the latest JF interview about making her character more heroic ( he knows people don't like Sakura that much, he said so in the interview. Not directly but in contrast to other females, specially Hinata ) has been fulfilled. She was willing to put Naruto's well being before hers for once, and put her feelings for Sasuke aside in order to do what she thought was the right thing.

But in the end she couldn't do it, and as you mentioned her dialog seemed to be her taking a bow out of the only real plot shes connected to.

That is quite frankly more than one could hope for realistically for her, in terms of being heroic. People waiting for her to level cities like the haxxed big boys will be disappointed.

No expectations = no disappointment.

Pairings will happen, but not how the fandoms expect.
Yeah, he's also mentioned that he doesn't really know how to write a heroine... I can understand that, but I do feel that his idea of female heroics is also pretty different than a lot of other shounen mangaka's out there... =/ And I know that her reference to 'a woman's heart is like the autumn skies' is from an old Japanese saying, but to me it just paints a negative image and is not my cup of tea, basically.

And what was the point of her confession to Naruto? It didn't seem genuine and though I prefer SasuSaku... I still would rather it had been real since it happened. It just makes her look like a really foolish person if it turns out to be a lie. Considering it could have been the last time she ever spoke with Naruto... who would want that to be false, in any way? Blah, that's all I can say. lol.

Oh, trust me, I don't want, nor think, Sakura's power will compare to Naruto and Sasuke's. She doesn't have to mope around though while Naruto trains, like she did previously.... Basically I just don't want her to stagnate, but I would take that over all her recent developments... I'd rather miss her than be annoyed with what she's become, like I do for other characters who don't get much spot light in Part 2 (LEEEEEEE...... lol....). Know what I mean?

I honestly can't have no expectations... but I do try to have realistic ones. xD

And from what I can tell, a good chunk of the fandoms know and agree with your last comment.

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:28 AM   #1113
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
And what was the point of her confession to Naruto? It didn't seem genuine and though I prefer SasuSaku... I still would rather it had been real since it happened. It just makes her look like a really foolish person if it turns out to be a lie. Considering it could have been the last time she ever spoke with Naruto... who would want that to be false, in any way? Blah, that's all I can say. lol.
The confession made sense, and the manga addressed it eventually as well in regards to why she did it.

The gist of it is that due to what Sai told her, and the immense guilt she felt because of how much the promise was hurting Naruto ( This is her perception at the time )she came to the conclusion that for the good of all Sasuke needed to be killed.

Being formerly part of T7 and Naruto's closest friend, and ( in her mind ) the source of his suffering she took it upon herself to handle the entire situation alone including breaking the news to Naruto.

Her confessing to him was her own idea of cushioning to blow that the news regarding Sasuke's situation, the rookies decision as well as her own would deal him. However, Naruto isn't the chump he used to be, he picked up immediately that something was wrong and called her out on the lie.

Later in 484 Sai confirmed all of this. And during her encounters with Sasuke, as well as 484 and the JF, Kishi confirmed that she was still in love with him.

Sakura got a lot of heat from the fanomsphere for the confession, but you got to give her character credit for the intentions. It proved that she loves Naruto a lot ( all things point to not in a romantic sense ) and was willing to put herself and her feelings aside to make him and everyone else happy ( again based on what she thought was the right thing to do at the time ).

Kishi explained that with the confession he tried to portrait Sakura as a realistic girl, and personally I think he nailed it. Sakura was generalizing given the info she had at hand. She was under pressure from Sai/Shikamaru to come to terms with the situation at hand, and even though it conflicted with her emotions she put the good of all before the good of one.

Not bad. With that said, I don't like the fact that she did not apologize to Naruto. Kishi just skipped over that elephant in the room. But then again, that only contributes to how any potential romantic moments between these two eventually turn into comedy relief.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #1114
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

I've read similar explanations, but I don't like it. Why confess to romantic love, and not just tell Naruto what he really means to her? And explain to him why she decided that Sasuke's death would be for the best, for everyone, including Sasuke? And following that, why didn't Naruto take that opportunity to discuss his view of Sasuke and Itachi? And Madara?

I mean, Kishimoto just creates needless drama. I don't get why Kakashi and Naruto are keeping the 'truth' about Itachi from Sakura, either. You'd think they'd all want to be on the same page when it comes to... well, the heart of the matter.

And this doesn't look like it's going to change. Unfortunately.

So, yeah, I can agree that her intentions were good. Still doesn't change how I feel about what all happened. And that I think it was a bad move on Kishimoto's part. Sakura was basically used to make Naruto look good (him seeing through her and calling her on the bs), then Kakashi (who rescued her from Sasuke), then Naruto once more who also saves her from Sasuke... and then, even Karin reminds her that she's the one who poisoned the kunai! Her character has been broken down and others are made to shine. It's just annoying, basically. XD

Sure, it's a realistic thing a girl might do... but not the kind of girl I'd have much respect for. Intentions aside, her actions are what I'm basing this on. And personally, Sakura should know better than to act on what Sai has to say regarding how ANYONE feels.... considering a big part of his character is lack of understanding when it comes to human emotion. lawl.

Anyway, we're getting off topic. Haha. I just don't have much to say about any of the pairings though...

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #1115
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
I just don't have much to say about any of the pairings though...
Meh, its the same with the fandoms.

I do frequent other forums and participate on FCs, and the activity is mostly spam now and days. Every time things look as if they'll die down a bit and Kishi might touch on some of the subplots he jumps right back into the action.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #1116
nagato27
Chuunin

nagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Meh, its the same with the fandoms.

I do frequent other forums and participate on FCs, and the activity is mostly spam now and days. Every time things look as if they'll die down a bit and Kishi might touch on some of the subplots he jumps right back into the action.
Wow...looks like I missed one interesting debate this week(damn god of war 3...LOL). My 2 cents is that for me... the relationships in this manga have ALWAYS been one-sided one or another...which is why naruhina(because of hinata's feelings for naruto is SO LOVED) and narusaku(which I am clearly in favor of...is NOT nearly as loved, though that's mostly cuz of sakura n her feelings for sasuke). Which is why they are sub-plots, to kishi....I guess in the same way as Toriyama(with dragonball n dragonballz) if u take a look how the big relationships in that manga came to be. On to the topic of Sakura...she is SUPPOSED to be the main female character of this manga...but in the scope of what Naruto n especially Sasuke are...she is basically as much of side character as the rest of konoha 11 are, which is side because that just goes to bad story writing n telling(as well as the MASSIVE amount spotlight that Sasuke has had in part 2...hencing why people think the manga has been renamed...)....though in my opinion Kishi's bosses have had alot to do with because of sasuke's immence popularity in Japan. Personally, I think a bigger piece of Massively EPIC fail in MANGA/ANIME history is bleach specifically the main character Kurosaki Ichigo...I really do NOT like his character or how kubo has developed him at all and what's worse is he is sooooooooo bad in battle that he gets and NEEDS WAYYYYY more plot protection at this point than Sasuke.

Who the HELL do you think We ARE???!!!(Dai Gurren Brigade- Gurren Lagann)

Where the leaves fall...Fire will burn. That is the WILL of FIRE in Konoha.

Member of Anime/Manga Pairings Fanclub
Member of Final Fantasy FC
Member of Team 07 Fan Club
nagato27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #1117
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
I've read similar explanations, but I don't like it. Why confess to romantic love, and not just tell Naruto what he really means to her? And explain to him why she decided that Sasuke's death would be for the best, for everyone, including Sasuke? And following that, why didn't Naruto take that opportunity to discuss his view of Sasuke and Itachi? And Madara?

I mean, Kishimoto just creates needless drama. I don't get why Kakashi and Naruto are keeping the 'truth' about Itachi from Sakura, either. You'd think they'd all want to be on the same page when it comes to... well, the heart of the matter.
I actually had high hopes for that.

I theorized that she was kept in the dark on purpose, so that they would at some point confront one another, work out their differences and lies they told one another and Sakura specially would have her resolve renewed pertaining to helping Sasuke.

But Kishi pretty much skipped all that and chose not address anything.

Quote:
So, yeah, I can agree that her intentions were good. Still doesn't change how I feel about what all happened. And that I think it was a bad move on Kishimoto's part. Sakura was basically used to make Naruto look good (him seeing through her and calling her on the bs), then Kakashi (who rescued her from Sasuke), then Naruto once more who also saves her from Sasuke... and then, even Karin reminds her that she's the one who poisoned the kunai! Her character has been broken down and others are made to shine. It's just annoying, basically. XD
I wasn't surprised in the least. Everyone at some point becomes foil for Naruto, no one is safe.

Quote:
Sure, it's a realistic thing a girl might do... but not the kind of girl I'd have much respect for. Intentions aside, her actions are what I'm basing this on. And personally, Sakura should know better than to act on what Sai has to say regarding how ANYONE feels.... considering a big part of his character is lack of understanding when it comes to human emotion. lawl.
I do cut her character some slack in regards to this.

Sai caught her in a very bad time. Tsunade was in a coma, Suna nins telling her that Sasuke joined Aka and would be hunted down and killed. And then Sai comes around throwing the massive truth of how much of an insensitive friend she was being to Naruto always relying on him to do everything and not taking his feelings into account.

That was straw that broke the camel's back. So with that in mind, she decided to do everything herself and take the suffering alone. Her way of going about was shit but understandable since she was completely confused and sad.

Again, the one thing that irks me is Kishi not having her apologize to Naruto ( at least not on current panel ) when she was told to apologize to Lee, Kiba and Sai.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #1118
nagato27
Chuunin

nagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura aboutnagato27 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I actually had high hopes for that.

I theorized that she was kept in the dark on purpose, so that they would at some point confront one another, work out their differences and lies they told one another and Sakura specially would have her resolve renewed pertaining to helping Sasuke.

But Kishi pretty much skipped all that and chose not address anything.

I wasn't surprised in the least. Everyone at some point becomes foil for Naruto, no one is safe.

I do cut her character some slack in regards to this.

Sai caught her in a very bad time. Tsunade was in a coma, Suna nins telling her that Sasuke joined Aka and would be hunted down and killed. And then Sai comes around throwing the massive truth of how much of an insensitive friend she was being to Naruto always relying on him to do everything and not taking his feelings into account.

That was straw that broke the camel's back. So with that in mind, she decided to do everything herself and take the suffering alone. Her way of going about was shit but understandable since she was completely confused and sad.

Again, the one thing that irks me is Kishi not having her apologize to Naruto ( at least not on current panel ) when she was told to apologize to Lee, Kiba and Sai.
I get the feeling the apology and everything Naruto knows....(up n including the info he's been keeping mum on his meetings with Itachi n his father). I just think Kishi's holding all of this stuff back til

a. Naruto returns from his current training n he has a chat with Tsunade(which I believe alot of this will come up in....)

b. The war begins and Naruto heads off to fight with Sasuke and Sakura insists on him telling her what he knows... because you see from previous chapters she KNOWS he knows more than he's ever gonna be willing to say in front of the rest of the konoha 11( and Im betting money this is because he doesn't like the way they were going about going to kill Sasuke without him knowing....meaning his trust in them isn't as high at point as it was...only a few days ago[ manga time]).

c. Something happens and forces Konoha's hand into going to war without Naruto(B.S. reason is they will say they are doing it to protect him) and Naruto winds up saving their asses YET AGAIN...with this time him revealing all he knows... maybe because he knows this is a fight he will not survive( as he said to Sasuke in front of everyone).

p.s. My money is on a or c being the case...as b is just a hypothetical and I doubt Naruto would react that way...although truth be told if that were me...that is EXACTLY how I would react to the situation as is...

Who the HELL do you think We ARE???!!!(Dai Gurren Brigade- Gurren Lagann)

Where the leaves fall...Fire will burn. That is the WILL of FIRE in Konoha.

Member of Anime/Manga Pairings Fanclub
Member of Final Fantasy FC
Member of Team 07 Fan Club
nagato27 is offline   Reply With Quote