The Longest Thread Ever v28 - Page 667 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #9991
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Miburo! This man is worthy.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (05-08-2010), Miburo (05-08-2010), Scientia (05-08-2010), Servo (05-08-2010)

Old 05-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #9992
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0systm View Post
Should be a good fight, If i rememeber correctly the result was pretty controversial. Machida may have won by contoversy last time but i reckon he'll go into this fight alot more prepared than the last one, he knows Rua can give him a run for his money so he's going to have to keep his wits about him and either try finish it quick or make himself stand out as an obvious choice when it comes to the judges, knowing his fighting style which is quite centric on counters he'll probably go for the latter.

That being said Rua needs to get in there and be ready for his quick counters and expect Machida to put up more of a fight this time, either way lemme know the end result =D, my nets capped i think so finding it on the sites you and manta gave me would be a pointless quest right now cause it'd take forever to load.
I think that's a pretty fair assessment. Definitely look for Rua to be more aggressive too though, I would be shocked if this went to decision again. And hell yeah it was controversial, I watched the fight with 5 guys, and all of us had Rua winning, even though 3 of them were Machida supporters. You can imagine our collective surprise lol.

I don't have anything against Machida though. I think his style is cool and unique, for mma that is. The karate based guys usually get eaten alive, but he knows what to take from it, and use effectively (which is obviously the essence of mma). I'm just a big Rua fan, when he's on top of his game, he's an absolute wrecking machine. Google Shogun vs Rampage Jackson (this was in Pride FC when soccer kicks were legal....ahhh good old Pride). Shogun physically fucking abuses him in that fight. He's also mauled the shit out of guys like the current HW Strikeforce champ Alistair Overeem twice, and Ricardo Arona.

Last edited by Servo; 05-08-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-08-2010), zer0systm (05-08-2010)
Old 05-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #9993
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

I agree with ya about Machida being a stand out for a person with a strong Karate background, personally I think a bit of his success lies in his side on stance, it throws guys off as they're used to fighting guys with more of a front on kickboxer stance, Machidas stance isn't something common in cage fighting, well from what i've seen atleast.
Miburo (05-08-2010), Servo (05-08-2010)
Old 05-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #9994
Servo
Mega User

^Yeah that's a pretty common consensus. His stance is unorthodox inside the cage, and his counter punching style allows him to catch a lot of people off guard. He can explode pretty fast.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #9995
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

I remember watching his first fight, his counters were so accurate and quick, but he wasn't very offensive, it led to quite a boring fight, but when he did attack you could see he had a very strong quick tech, I haven't seen any of his recent fights, is he more offensive now? or does he still sit back and just wait for the other guy.

ALSO, Artan, I only had to read that link to know how fucking awesome that dude was

Last edited by zer0systm; 05-08-2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: AAAAAAAAAAAAARTAN
zer0systm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zer0systm For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-08-2010), Servo (05-08-2010)
Old 05-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #9996
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0systm View Post
I remember watching his first fight, his counters were so accurate and quick, but he wasn't very offensive, it led to quite a boring fight, but when he did attack you could see he had a very strong quick tech, I haven't seen any of his recent fights, is he more offensive now? or does he still sit back and just wait for the other guy.

ALSO, Artan, I only had to read that link to know how fucking awesome that dude was
Pretty much, but he isn't above going on the offensive unexpectedly.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #9997
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Miburo! This man is worthy.
Indeed, I look forward to battling him via FISTCUFFS in The Great Halls of Valhalla!

And yeah, I like Machida lot. But Shogun is such a goddamn badass when he brings it. I don't want to get too pumped thinking it's going to be an exciting as fuck fight of burning passion and fighting spirit, since last couple UFC fights I did that I was disappoint. But I can't imagine this one not being awesome.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Servo (05-09-2010)
Old 05-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #9998
Servo
Mega User

Fuck yeah, fights starting now. They didn't show the prelims on spike . They'll probably show them in between some of the main card fights though.

Last edited by Servo; 05-08-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Miburo (05-09-2010), zer0systm (05-09-2010)
Old 05-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #9999
Servo
Mega User

Lol, kimbo just got TOOLED.

The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-09-2010)
Old 05-09-2010, 12:08 AM   #10000
Servo
Mega User

Koschek just wrestled the shit out of daley for the win. Daley, a sore losing bitch, punched kos after the bell. wtf

Old 05-09-2010, 12:26 AM   #10001
Servo
Mega User

Fuck YES. Shogun destroys machida in the first round.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:00 AM   #10002
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_servo View Post
Lol, kimbo just got TOOLED.
That fight was pretty funny. The slams in the beginning, Kimbo just chilling there with an arm and head hanging there asking to be triangled, slam escapes from horrible triangle, then lolegkicked to death. It was pretty bad.

Quote:
Koschek just wrestled the shit out of daley for the win. Daley, a sore losing bitch, punched kos after the bell. wtf
That over-reaction to the knee was pretty faggy. Then daley is all like "No way, I'm the bigger faggot" and sucker punches Kos after the fight. I'm only glad Kos won because I saw Daley talk shit on MANLY AMERICAN WRESTLING in a prefight. Fuck that Brit.

Still, what a couple of douchebags. Fight was pretty boring too. I love manly wrestling, but Kos didn't seem too eager to do much from on top. But daley was basically just trying to tie him up and hang on the entire time from bottom, which can make it tough to do shit. I dunno.

I turned up the volume and heard Joe Rogan say "That was the best hit he landed all night" about the bitch attack, which made me lol.

Quote:
Fuck YES. Shogun destroys machida in the first round.
Goddamn, that was awesome.

Stout fight was good too.

Also <33333333333333 Zero and manta for hooking me up with stream. Didn't have to go out and socialize to watch manly battling, fuck yeah!
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
manta (05-09-2010), Servo (05-09-2010), zer0systm (05-09-2010)
Old 05-09-2010, 02:25 AM   #10003
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

FUCK YES I JUMPED THE FUCK OUT OF MY SEAT WAR SHOGUN!!!

caps

Loved that fight and Souts fight too. Koscheck fight well... lets say we won't see Daley on the UFC ever again. I hope Kos trains well to fight GSP otherwise it would be a clinic again. The Shogun fight I didn't expect that I mean its like Shogun just said "I exposed you the first fight so give me your soul NOW!" and just demolished Machida I though it would be another decision. Props to Shogun!
Props to Hendricks also.
Poor Kimbo I think he will get cut, his leg was fucked from many years back and got punished tonight plus he's just too old got too late into MMA.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-09-2010), Servo (05-09-2010)
Old 05-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #10004
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
That over-reaction to the knee was pretty faggy. Then daley is all like "No way, I'm the bigger faggot" and sucker punches Kos after the fight.
That knee overreaction was really some of the gheyest shit I've ever seen in mma. Then Daley anted up with that sucker punch. And it was lulz seeing Dan Miragliotta man-handle Daley into the cage, Daley looked like a toddler next to big Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I'm only glad Kos won because I saw Daley talk shit on MANLY AMERICAN WRESTLING in a prefight. Fuck that Brit.
That's really the only reason I was rooting for Kos to begin with.

The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-09-2010)
Old 05-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #10005
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Koscheck fight well... lets say we won't see Daley on the UFC ever again. I hope Kos trains well to fight GSP otherwise it would be a clinic again.
At his current state of readiness, Kos would absolutely get dismantled by GSP. No question in my mind.

Quote:
The Shogun fight I didn't expect that I mean its like Shogun just said "I exposed you the first fight so give me your soul NOW!" and just demolished Machida I though it would be another decision. Props to Shogun!
Yes! I think we're seeing the return of the old Shogun from Pride FC. I hope he reigns for awhile, but the lhw division is so fucking stacked with talent, you never know. If Rampage beats Evans (which I hope he does), that could set up an epic rematch between Rampage and Shogun. We'll see if Rampage gets his ribs smashed in a second time, lol.

Quote:
Poor Kimbo I think he will get cut, his leg was fucked from many years back and got punished tonight plus he's just too old got too late into MMA.
Yeah, Dana said it might be his last fight. I've never seen someone with so much hype, not live up to it. I always thought he should have tried to shed some of that muscle mass, it clearly makes him gas too early. Also, I'm thinking Mitrione might be showing some potential. He showed some nice standup, headkicks and all, and that was almost a textbook anaconda choke. After he gets some experience under his belt.....who knows.

manta (05-09-2010), Miburo (05-09-2010)