Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade - Page 8 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #106
liondemon
Missing Kage
 
liondemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central Cloud
Posts: 3,197
Thanks: 344
Thanked 723 Times in 459 Posts
liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

I doubt if we will se it. Her time to shine has likely passed. She showed us some slight skills against Orochu and Kabuto, and she showed her slug skills against Pain. Im not surprised she hasnt used. People as old an talented as Jiraiya, Orochu and Tsunade are likely capable of so much that they would need their own gaiden to show off all their great talents. Like I said, Kakashi needed Pain to invade just to show us what else he could do with his lightning. Tsunade has shown that she is a more than a capable fighter and Hokage so I dont expect Kishi to care enough to go into any more details about her capabilities. She is the lesser of the 3 Sannins anyway. I doubt if she has any more fighting purpose in this manga, but maybe.
__________________
Ninja Assassin


Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny

Last edited by liondemon; 05-10-2010 at 10:02 PM.
liondemon is offline  


Old 05-10-2010, 10:15 PM   #107
Duncan33
The Unknown Quantity
 
Duncan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 671
Thanks: 146
Thanked 462 Times in 240 Posts
Duncan33 is on a distinguished roadDuncan33 is on a distinguished road
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
I doubt if we will se it. Her time to shine has likely passed. She showed us some slight skills against Orochu and Kabuto, and she showed her slug skills against Pain. Im not surprised she hasnt used. People as old an talented as Jiraiya, Orochu and Tsunade are likely capable of so much that they would need their own gaiden to show off all their great talents. Like I said, Kakashi needed Pain to invade just to show us what else he could do with his lightning. Tsunade has shown that she is a more than a capable fighter and Hokage so I dont expect Kishi to care enough to go into any more details about her capabilities. She is the lesser of the 3 Sannins anyway. I doubt if she has any more fighting purpose in this manga, but maybe.
Well with the war coming up it would be something to see Tsunade have some special ability saved up, but as you said it's not likely that she will.

Back on topic... Heck, what is there to talk about when the overall consensus is that Naruto isn't related to Tsunade? Unless Kishi could prove otherwise of course. But what I would like to see is a little more about Naruto's lineage. Not just his mom and dad but his biological grandparents and what clan they were in.
Duncan33 is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #108
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
Human Rasengan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: inside your mom
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 2,954
Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy View Post
Here's the reason that a potential relation between Naruto and Tsunade is unnecessary.

Motoi said: "In order to ensure that the jinchuuriki wouldn't turn traitor, it's been common since long ago for them to be chosen from among the spouses and siblings of the five kages, or others who are close blood relatives. The strength of the jinchuuriki served to protect the kage, the head of the village, as well as serving as a display of the kage's power"

Tsunade's choice as hokage was done because she was a powerful, legendary ninja and also a student of the Third's - which would allow for the continuation of Hurizen's legacy and continued stability in the village (I think the Third was fairly well liked.) So, not only is she related to the Senju and talented, she was a student along with the man who was the sensei of Minato (Jiraiya), who's son is the jinchuuriki - who was also taught by Jiraiya.

Add that to the fact that it was Jiraiya AND Naruto who convinced Tsunade to take the mantle of Hokage, you have a direct endorsement of Konoha's Jinchuuriki for her to be Hokage. The blood relation is unnecessary.

(Really should have had this argument in earlier - feels a little late to the table already. Oh well.)
yet but what's to stop the converse of being true.. if there was a Jinchuriki already in the village(Naruto) why wouldn't the new Hokage be chozen from someone related to him.. granted Danzo cheated to get his temporary spot
__________________
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 10:47 PM   #109
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
Human Rasengan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: inside your mom
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 2,954
Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

Just because the jinchuriki is chosen from the Kage Familly it doesn't mean that the opposite aint true.. wouldn't it make sense to choose a Kage based on a host
__________________
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 11:09 PM   #110
TheThinker
Chuunin
 
TheThinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 327
Thanks: 709
Thanked 134 Times in 74 Posts
TheThinker is on a distinguished road
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

yeah but i dont think she has lightning so to speak.. if u reread it shr changed her chakra to electricity to disrupt the chakra network which isnt necessary lightning it just means that she knows the human body so well she can change her charka down to the exact element she needs to distort or heal a wound
TheThinker is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #111
liondemon
Missing Kage
 
liondemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central Cloud
Posts: 3,197
Thanks: 344
Thanked 723 Times in 459 Posts
liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThinker View Post
yeah but i dont think she has lightning so to speak.. if u reread it shr changed her chakra to electricity to disrupt the chakra network which isnt necessary lightning it just means that she knows the human body so well she can change her charka down to the exact element she needs to distort or heal a wound
And "lightning" that the ninja use isnt typical "lightning" from the sky, eventhough Sasuke once combined lightning from the sky with his own body's electricity/lightning to use against Itachi. They change their chakra into electricity and call it lightning because "lightning" is a natural in nature, same as the other elements. Lightning is elcetricity
__________________
Ninja Assassin


Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny
liondemon is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #112
TheThinker
Chuunin
 
TheThinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 327
Thanks: 709
Thanked 134 Times in 74 Posts
TheThinker is on a distinguished road
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
And "lightning" that the ninja use isnt typical "lightning" from the sky, eventhough Sasuke once combined lightning from the sky with his own body's electricity/lightning to use against Itachi. They change their chakra into electricity and call it lightning because "lightning" is a natural in nature, same as the other elements. Lightning is elcetricity
then you obviously dont get what i just told you. its easy to read something but undertsanding what you read is another thing in itself.. so let me ask you something when ninja use fire techs do they not make real fire out of thin air? so why cant you make lightning out of thin air? that would be a double standard my friend
TheThinker is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 11:27 PM   #113
liondemon
Missing Kage
 
liondemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central Cloud
Posts: 3,197
Thanks: 344
Thanked 723 Times in 459 Posts
liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

They change/mold their chakra into fire, same like Naruto changes his chakra into wind. Nothing is out of thin air. U tried to play off the fact that her "electricity" wasnt what is referred to as "lightning" in this manga when it is.
__________________
Ninja Assassin


Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny
liondemon is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #114
TheThinker
Chuunin
 
TheThinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 327
Thanks: 709
Thanked 134 Times in 74 Posts
TheThinker is on a distinguished road
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
They change/mold their chakra into fire, same like Naruto changes his chakra into wind. Nothing is out of thin air. U tried to play off the fact that her "electricity" wasnt what is referred to as "lightning" in this manga when it is.
u silly fool u even proved yourself wrong in your own statement. every other time they use the name lightning to describe it or raiton. yet on that particular panel it clearly states that it is electricity.. why would the author go out of his way to say electricity instead of lightning when unlike kubo kishi pays attention to detail? because it is not such until fully proven otherwise i will not believe such because u dont not present a strong arguement i understand in the real world they are the same thing to a certain degree but not fully.. think of it this way do u use lightning to power your house or electricity?
__________________
it may seem like i just joined in september 09 but look up tmoore.. i been here for much longer i just forgot my password to my old account so dont come at me like im new here
TheThinker is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #115
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
Human Rasengan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: inside your mom
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 2,954
Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThinker View Post
u silly fool u even proved yourself wrong in your own statement. every other time they use the name lightning to describe it or raiton. yet on that particular panel it clearly states that it is electricity.. why would the author go out of his way to say electricity instead of lightning when unlike kubo kishi pays attention to detail? because it is not such until fully proven otherwise i will not believe such because u dont not present a strong arguement i understand in the real world they are the same thing to a certain degree but not fully.. think of it this way do u use lightning to power your house or electricity?
When Benjamin franklin used his kite and it got stuck by lightning he said he discovered electricity and not lightning
__________________
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #116
TheThinker
Chuunin
 
TheThinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 327
Thanks: 709
Thanked 134 Times in 74 Posts
TheThinker is on a distinguished road
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Rasengan View Post
When Benjamin franklin used his kite and it got stuck by lightning he said he discovered electricity and not lightning
okay that still doesnt prove the point because if u get struck by lightning these days they say u got hit with lightning electricity is a byproduct of lightning nothing more nothing less by throwing ignorant statements such as that one out u may think hey ima prove him wrong but when i look at it i laugh and say what the hell does benjamin franklin have to do with naruto
__________________
it may seem like i just joined in september 09 but look up tmoore.. i been here for much longer i just forgot my password to my old account so dont come at me like im new here
TheThinker is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #117
liondemon
Missing Kage
 
liondemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central Cloud
Posts: 3,197
Thanks: 344
Thanked 723 Times in 459 Posts
liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThinker View Post
u silly fool u even proved yourself wrong in your own statement. every other time they use the name lightning to describe it or raiton. yet on that particular panel it clearly states that it is electricity.. why would the author go out of his way to say electricity instead of lightning when unlike kubo kishi pays attention to detail? because it is not such until fully proven otherwise i will not believe such because u dont not present a strong arguement i understand in the real world they are the same thing to a certain degree but not fully.. think of it this way do u use lightning to power your house or electricity?
Whatever. believe what u want. We are not talking about powering my house. It stated electricity because it attacked his nervous system so electricity would be a better word considering human bodies, especially the nervous system send and receive "electric signals" througout the body. I would have to agree that using "electricity" would be better in that situation where Kishi was trying to describe what she did to Kabuto scientifically, with some technical detail, as opposed to the usual "just making nature chakra and this happens" in a sci fi sense. Tsunade clearly said she "changed her chakra" When we say lightning we tend to think destructive, explosive power, which is not what she was using it for. A rose by any other name is still a rose. And a fool, even by a name that would imply that they have a descent mind is still a fool
__________________
Ninja Assassin


Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny

Last edited by liondemon; 05-10-2010 at 11:52 PM.
liondemon is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #118
TheThinker
Chuunin
 
TheThinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 327
Thanks: 709
Thanked 134 Times in 74 Posts
TheThinker is on a distinguished road
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Whatever. believe what u want. We are not talking about powering my house. It stated electricity because it attacked his nervous system so electricity would be a better word considering human bodies, especially the nervous system send and receive "electric signals" througout the body. I would have to agree that using "electricity" would be better in that situation where Kishi was trying to describe what she did to Kabuto scientifically, with some detail, as opposed to the usual "just making nature chakra and this happens" in a sci fi sense. Tsunade clearly said she "changed her chakra" When we say lightning we tend to think destructive, explosive power, which is not what she was using it for. A rose by any other name is still a rose. And a fool, even by a name that would imply that they have a descent mind is still a fool
okay if she could use lightning why isnt it in any of the databooks? so who feels stupid now? honestly if she does use lightning why doesnt she just add it too her punches for that extra kick.. but she doesnt aside from that one time she hasnt even shown a glimpse of being able to use the lightning element and yet im wrong? cmon think before you speak read the databooks they are there for retard like u that assume people can do things they cant
__________________
it may seem like i just joined in september 09 but look up tmoore.. i been here for much longer i just forgot my password to my old account so dont come at me like im new here
TheThinker is offline  
Old 05-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #119
liondemon
Missing Kage
 
liondemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central Cloud
Posts: 3,197
Thanks: 344
Thanked 723 Times in 459 Posts
liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThinker View Post
okay if she could use lightning why isnt it in any of the databooks? so who feels stupid now? honestly if she does use lightning why doesnt she just add it too her punches for that extra kick.. but she doesnt aside from that one time she hasnt even shown a glimpse of being able to use the lightning element and yet im wrong? cmon think before you speak read the databooks they are there for retard like u that assume people can do things they cant
Do u know that it's not in the databook? or are u just asking me the question to help your arguement? Serious question since I have no idea what the databooks say about her.

It's stupid to say, "if she could use, why doesnt she". Because Kishi makes his own decisions about who uses what and when and how they use it. Ask him.

Aside from that time, how many fights have u seen her in? So why would u expect to see her use lightning since then?

U may have a point about the databook if it was written after Tsunade had that battle since the databook wouldnt always tell what ninja are capable of when they have yet to show it in the manga and still have a chance to. U still sound stupid from your other statements
__________________
Ninja Assassin


Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny
liondemon is offline  
Old 05-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #120
TheThinker
Chuunin
 
TheThinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 327
Thanks: 709
Thanked 134 Times in 74 Posts
TheThinker is on a distinguished road
Re: Naruto and "Granny" Tsunade

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Do u know that it's not in the databook? or are u just asking me the question to help your arguement? Serious question since I have no idea what the databooks say about her.

It's stupid to say, "if she could use, why doesnt she". Because Kishi makes his own decisions about who uses what and when and how they use it. Ask him.

Aside from that time, how many fights have u seen her in? So why would u expect to see her use lightning since then?

U may have a point about the databook if it was written after Tsunade had that battle since the databook wouldnt always tell what ninja are capable of when they have yet to show it in the manga and still have a chance to. U still sound stupid from your other statements
i still sound stupid in my other statements because i was dumb enough to let you take me there and if you pay attention the databooks are updated every year and in none of the 4 books does it state that tsunade uses the lightning element but it does state quote for quote "The "electricity" Tsunade used is out of context of the use of any normal lightning release"
__________________
it may seem like i just joined in september 09 but look up tmoore.. i been here for much longer i just forgot my password to my old account so dont come at me like im new here
TheThinker is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.