Hello fellow naruto lovers - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Hello & Goodbye

Hello & Goodbye New to the forums? Introduce yourself! or if your leaving us for a while you can let us know.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #16
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,766 Times in 926 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Re: Hello fellow naruto lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi x Sasuke View Post
So you're saying that Naruto is essentually a watered down yaoi manga, and then in another thread saying that yaoi is predictable and stupid. Yet here you are posting on this forum and debating in the Naruto manga sections. I'm finding it hard to determine if you are either just not very intellegent or ignorent.
You seriously have to learn about sarcasm. If you go to the online webster's dictionary you will find the definition to it and realize that you fail in reading comprehension. I explained in the other thread that Naruto isn't intentionally a yaoi but because the Japanese are more in touch with their feelings then Americans we then perceive it to subliminally a yaoi series. Of course it isn't a yaoi, its a shonen series targeting kids and teens. Jump would never put up anything like that. Seriously if you want yaoi discussions go to a different forum.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (07-13-2010)

Old 05-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #17
Itachi x Sasuke
Genin

Itachi x Sasuke is on a distinguished road

How can you possibly debate something like sarcasm over the internet, yes it might be possible if the parties involved knew each other, but I am new, I don't know you or what your personality is like. Anythign you type I will take as you being serious or meaning it. So to say something like "I was being sarcastic" really has no value. On the other subject, you had posted that after I posted here. There is no way for me to know what you intend to do or mean by your posts, except by what you type, so please type what you actually mean not, "but I was being sarcastic". You really are not understanding my arguement, I'm not saying Naruto is strictly yaoi but what I am saying is that Naruto includeds elements of yaoi. Of course the manga's target audience is teen boys but that doesn't mean it can't have the yaoi elements. Also like you said the Japanese are more intouch with thier feelings, so maybe they don't mind thier teens being exposed to otehr types of feelings. here in America there is a social norm people feel they must follow, liking girls is one of them. Now in Japan that may not be the case for everyone and they are ok with that, that is why they have things like yaio.
Itachi x Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #18
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
I'm finding it hard to determine if you are either just not very intellegent or ignorent.
intelligent or ignorant

I find it funny that someone who can't even figure out how to use spell-check would question another persons intelligence. You know those words are underlined for a reason don't you.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #19
Spiegel
Pirate King

Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
How can you possibly debate something like sarcasm over the internet, yes it might be possible if the parties involved knew each other, but I am new, I don't know you or what your personality is like. Anythign you type I will take as you being serious or meaning it. So to say something like "I was being sarcastic" really has no value. On the other subject, you had posted that after I posted here. There is no way for me to know what you intend to do or mean by your posts, except by what you type, so please type what you actually mean not, "but I was being sarcastic". You really are not understanding my arguement, I'm not saying Naruto is strictly yaoi but what I am saying is that Naruto includeds elements of yaoi. Of course the manga's target audience is teen boys but that doesn't mean it can't have the yaoi elements. Also like you said the Japanese are more intouch with thier feelings, so maybe they don't mind thier teens being exposed to otehr types of feelings. here in America there is a social norm people feel they must follow, liking girls is one of them. Now in Japan that may not be the case for everyone and they are ok with that, that is why they have things like yaio.
I only argue when I know I can back things up. I come at you with an understanding of the Japanese culture which I studied up on. I'm also a long time anime/manga enthusiast meaning I'm well versed in the concept of various genre such as shonen, shojo, seinen, josei, bi-shonen, bi-shojo, fantasy, mecha, super robot, etc...the list goes on and that's including yaoi and yuri. I know for a fact when I say yaoi sucks as a genre. Also, the reason we didn't come up with that in America is because we don't suck. USA!!!
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
01purple (05-18-2010)
Old 05-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #20
mewmew
Fodder-nin

mewmew is an unknown quantity at this point

ok. yaoi doesn't suck if you're gay.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #21
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,471 Times in 3,663 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

K87 is right. I don't give a shit what his opinion is, but he's entitled to it. Saying you're entitled to say you like yaoi, while he's not allowed to say he doesn't, is just plain dumb. So how about you both go talk about what you like, and if someone says they don't like it, ignore them, yeah? No-one who matters really cares where Naruto sticks his dong anyway.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
BLOOD_GOD (05-20-2010), Miburo (05-18-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (07-13-2010)
Old 05-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #22
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about

WTF IS THIS NONSENSE
TL;DR

cpas
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to balmung5000 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-18-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (07-13-2010)
Old 05-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #23
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
intelligent or ignorant

I find it funny that someone who can't even figure out how to use spell-check would question another persons intelligence. You know those words are underlined for a reason don't you.
Spelling =/= intelligence. And this isn't a college essay. You knew what the guy meant, as you've shown. Also, the correct way to spell "persons" would be "person's," captain spelling bee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi87 View Post
I only argue when I know I can back things up. I come at you with an understanding of the Japanese culture which I studied up on. I'm also a long time anime/manga enthusiast meaning I'm well versed in the concept of various genre such as shonen, shojo, seinen, josei, bi-shonen, bi-shojo, fantasy, mecha, super robot, etc...the list goes on and that's including yaoi and yuri. I know for a fact when I say yaoi sucks as a genre. Also, the reason we didn't come up with that in America is because we don't suck. USA!!!
Argument from authority. Tsk tsk.

Also, kinda gay, bro. lolol
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #24
Spiegel
Pirate King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Argument from authority. Tsk tsk.

Also, kinda gay, bro. lolol
I guess my argument was pretty weak. eh... I win some and lose some.
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-18-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (07-13-2010)
Old 05-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #25
Itachi x Sasuke
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi87 View Post
I guess my argument was pretty weak. eh... I win some and lose some.
So you admit losing to me. ^_^

Also I never thought my intro thread would bring two of those red username people and a mod. @_@
The Following User Says Thank You to Itachi x Sasuke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #26
Spiegel
Pirate King

Quote:
So you admit losing to me. ^_^

Also I never thought my intro thread would bring two of those red username people and a mod. @_@
I admitted to making a weak argument, it has....never mind, explaining things to you is getting lame.
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 05-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #27
Itachi x Sasuke
Genin

Aww come on you gotta admitt that was fun. Can I add you as a friend?
The Following User Says Thank You to Itachi x Sasuke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #28
01purple
Owlett

Thanked 1,373 Times in 913 Posts
01purple is on a distinguished road01purple is on a distinguished road

Reading gay mangas about gay guys is just, well, GAY.

...Ewwww.

Last edited by 01purple; 05-18-2010 at 10:43 PM.
01purple is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 01purple For This Useful Post:
BLOOD_GOD (05-20-2010), Marlboro (05-19-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (07-13-2010)
Old 05-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #29
Itachi x Sasuke
Genin

Why are you being so mean.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #30
T9F
OOOH CHAMPAGNE

Thanked 1,124 Times in 407 Posts
T9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enough

Who cares if he's gay? It's not like he said he would post pictures like 10 times and then never did it. Now THAT'S gay.
T9F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to T9F For This Useful Post:
BLOOD_GOD (05-20-2010), Itachi x Sasuke (05-19-2010), Miburo (05-19-2010), Shrike (05-20-2010), Spiegel (05-19-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (07-13-2010)