Official MMA thread. - Page 5 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:18 PM   #61
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough
Re: Official MMA thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
So I watched Fedor's fights against Fujita and Randleman on le YouTube. DAT RIGHT HOOK and DAT SUPLEX. What impressed/awed me more was Fedor still winning.
That's what I like about the guy, he always finds a way to win. The Fujita fight is pretty much the closest he has come to losing. Even when he "lost" to Kosaka. It was a b.s. loss, he came back later and abused him.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-21-2010)

Old 06-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #62
sasorry
Genin

sasorry is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
OK so this sasorry guy says thinks that AS has good striking? I mean fuck the guy has destroyed a few opponents but he's not a boxer. Use BJ Penn as a better example for a boxing fight even a box trainer (don't remember the name the dude that speaks weird) said that BJ has really good boxing skill and he would transition nicely to boxing. Do you know who BJ Penn is sasorry?

Also:

So you rapidly assume a PPV is bad just from it's name? If you watched it, it was one of the best UFC events on the year so far. I take it you don't watch WEC too because the names don't interest you, just a casual fan from the Pride era.

You mentioned six boxers that you think are exciting I could mention you a shit ton of mma fighters that can bring it everytime and make you stay at the edge of your seat but I guess you only see main events and call it crap if it goes bad.

Now I'm not an UFC fan I loved Pride a lot but it is gone so now I'm looking at the next best thing, right now it is not the UFC it is WEC and WEC right now is I think at the level of excitment that Pride had.

To me right now WEC>UFC & DREAM>Bellator>Strikeforce>>>>>>>>>>>box ing.

But opinions...

Also don't say that I don't watch boxing at all, In my country boxing is one of the most watched sports, if there is a boxing match every one is bound to be watching it. And I've seen most of these last events (except last night I was watching WEC) and honestly I can't stand it anymore. Boxing is dying and when Cotto, Judah and Pac get out it will be dead. I remember in the old days boxing was exciting Trinidad vs De la Hoya wow FOTY and it is still talked, Mike Tyson days and Diego Corrales(RIP) old fights were awesome but face it boxing is dying fast and now MMA is at full steam taking the show.
So tell me a fighter who has better striking than AS? Striker doesn't mean boxer per se. He can kick, knee, elbow you that's what a striker is to me. AS has muay thai and boxing background.

Again, name me a fighter today that has as good striking as AS or better. Only one I can think of really is Shogun and for me it's not really close.

BJ Penn is a very good striker, specifically his boxing. He rarely uses his kicks but still very effective at using it. The one who said BJ would transition well to boxing was Freddy Roach, Pac's trainer.

And please!!! Boxing is dead??? Do you really want me to post PPV sales of the past megafights? Please don't embarass yourself. And also the PPV sales for UFC has been in a steady decline, the best was 100 and after that it all goes down from there.

I respect your opinion though.
sasorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #63
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasorry View Post
Ricky Hatton and the British bandwagon says hi.

But that's the reality. It's not your ideal world where all fans are knowledgable. They will root for a fighter because he's either a countryman or a skillful fighter. People take nationalism seriously, when they know even a said fighter is a 1/4 of their blood they will root for him. And that makes rivalries like Mexico vs Puerto Rico so great. And yes they are draws, when you watch Pac vs Hatton what do you see? Pinoys and Brits. They will blindly follow and root for their countrymen.
Okay, I don't know what you're disagreeing with now. You didn't disprove anything I said. Or even attempt to, honestly. Just stop. I didn't keep drilling you and calling you dumb when you were doing the "lolol lyke guess we gotta agree to disagree" shit like we came to some debate stalemate, when in reality you said stupid shit after stupid shit until you eventually caved and admitted that you were just extremely biased. Learn when to call it quits. Goddamn.

Quote:
That suplex by Randleman was sick, can't imagine what would've happen if Fedor's head landed on concrete.
He'd take it like a champ then submit randleman with a kimura. It's fucking Fedor.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
manta (06-22-2010), Servo (06-21-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #64
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Quote:
So tell me a fighter who has better striking than AS? Striker doesn't mean boxer per se. He can kick, knee, elbow you that's what a striker is to me. AS has muay thai and boxing background.

Again, name me a fighter today that has as good striking as AS or better. Only one I can think of really is Shogun and for me it's not really close.

BJ Penn is a very good striker, specifically his boxing. He rarely uses his kicks but still very effective at using it. The one who said BJ would transition well to boxing was Freddy Roach, Pac's trainer.

And please!!! Boxing is dead??? Do you really want me to post PPV sales of the past megafights? Please don't embarass yourself. And also the PPV sales for UFC has been in a steady decline, the best was 100 and after that it all goes down from there.

I respect your opinion though.
I could name a few, Machida, Penn, Jones, Alves, Aldo, Shogun, Barry (even though he lost and hesitates to finish), Hominick and Cung Le.

I didn't say boxing is dead I said "Boxing is dying" and it is true, aside from the fighters mentioned there isn't that much hype into anything else. After all boxing is already internationally known. UFC is not on a decline, its slowly trying to get accepted in various countries, and in mine the whole MMA sport just started like 2 years ago and now people are slowly getting into it. For a promotion that has started in '93 UFC is doing reaaallly well right now. Boxing on the other hand has been around how much? 70 years?

Also Lidell vs Franklin was one of the fastest sold out events for the UFC this year.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-22-2010), Servo (06-22-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #65
sasorry
Genin

sasorry is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Okay, I don't know what you're disagreeing with now. You didn't disprove anything I said. Or even attempt to, honestly. Just stop. I didn't keep drilling you and calling you dumb when you were doing the "lolol lyke guess we gotta agree to disagree" shit like we came to some debate stalemate, when in reality you said stupid shit after stupid shit until you eventually caved and admitted that you were just extremely biased. Learn when to call it quits. Goddamn.

He'd take it like a champ then submit randleman with a kimura. It's fucking Fedor.
So you're just gonna assume 100% of people watching fights are watching it because of how skillful they are? There will always be bias, white people will tend to like the white fighters more and so are other fighters from other countries. You said a fighter's nationality is no big deal, guess what it does. Americans tend to be stronger and more adept at wrestling, but can't kick for the most part. Brazilians and Japanese are more skillfull with submissions and all kinds of striking.

And yes I am biased from the start
sasorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:24 AM   #66
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you're just gonna assume 100% of people watching fights are watching it because of how skillful they are? There will always be bias, white people will tend to like the white fighters more and so are other fighters from other countries. You said a fighter's nationality is no big deal, guess what it does. Americans tend to be stronger and more adept at wrestling, but can't kick for the most part. Brazilians and Japanese are more skillfull with submissions and all kinds of striking.

And filipinos are morons.

I never said anything remotely close to saying anything anywhere near "lol ppl don't watch fights or like fighters because of their nationality." Ever. And I'm not assuming shit. I said it doesn't fucking matter in regards to the merits of those fighters or the merits of boxing. Just like canadians liking GSP says nothing about how good GSP is, or how awesome MMA is. GSP's skills and MMA's success speak for themselves. And if you disagree with that, then...well you're already an idiot. So I guess you'd just still still continue being an idiot.
manta (06-22-2010), Servo (06-22-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 01:26 AM   #67
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Not an assumption just something that is normal for this sport. Why everyone cheers for Fedor instead of Rogers in their bout? Because Fedor is a beast he has proven himself he is the more skilled fighter over Rogers. Also:

Brazil: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Japan: Jiu Jitsu
US: Wrestling

These are the disciplines that a fighter for that country will most likely train, before it was hard to train these outside of their country but now with the popularity UFC has gained there are a ton of fight camps that teach a lot of techniques from these disciplines.

And that is just from ground game but that was the old days. The old days (Pride and early UFC) you had Fighters that had that one discipline only (Royce) and would go and dominate with it. Nowadays the game has changed you got a guy like GSP with Karate, Wrestling and BJJ dominating his division and if he fights a one dimensional guy chances are GSP will win it, case in point Melendez vs Aoki fight, also Hughes vs Gracie too.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-22-2010), Servo (06-22-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 01:35 AM   #68
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_servo View Post
That's what I like about the guy, he always finds a way to win. The Fujita fight is pretty much the closest he has come to losing. Even when he "lost" to Kosaka. It was a b.s. loss, he came back later and abused him.
The one where he got clipped by that elbow? Yeah, that was a pretty bad call. They have the rematch on YouTube?
Old 06-22-2010, 01:46 AM   #69
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

If someone was godly at no gi judo (and trained for submission grappling tournaments instead of standard judo tournaments) they could probably do pretty well in mma. It'd be kinda like how Shields fights now.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:49 AM   #70
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
They have the rematch on YouTube?
Affirmative.

And you guys arguing with sasory, remember, this is the flame who got schooled in the naruto homosexuality thread, his posts are merely troll bait

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
manta (06-22-2010), Miburo (06-22-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 01:59 AM   #71
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

I enjoy calling stupid people stupid.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:15 AM   #72
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
I enjoy calling stupid people stupid.
As do I, but this awesome thread is getting pretty gheyed up by nonsense.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:23 AM   #73
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

I'd move the thread to OH, but then we'd be alienating one-third of the forum's MMA fans.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (06-26-2010), manta (06-22-2010), Servo (06-22-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 02:31 AM   #74
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
I'd move the thread to OH, but then we'd be alienating one-third of the forum's MMA fans.
Totally understandable. And btw, a valiant defense of MMA is not unappreciated on my part, but the last few pages look somewhat familiar to the thousand clusterfuck threads on sherdog, only somewhat though...

Old 06-22-2010, 03:33 AM   #75
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Pages? This thread is only one page.

But goddamn, I hate sherdog forums. I'm just going to abuse my mod powers and make sure this thread stays mudhutter free from now on then. =p