Choice Help - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,675 Times in 677 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road
Choice Help

I am 3 steps away from getting a ps3 put not a single person anywhere have told me that am headed the right way,Even i don't think it's the perfect choice but the idea of playing online with mibs is really tempting which is why am considering ps3 even though it will cost me a lot of dough.

However,My top favorite games are fighting games and for many years i've been looking forward to play them with people who have the same level of admiration for them as me like bal and Jaxon which,as far as i know,they have 360 only same as the majority of people here.

So question is..

Which do you have?

1- ps3

2- X360

3- Both

4- Neither

And please for those who have the knowledge,please tell me every thing about the advantages and disadvantages for both of them to help me make up my mind. knowing that i can only afford one console for this summer.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-23-2010)

Old 06-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Choice Help

Get a PS3. An Xbox will break down in the hot Egyptian sun.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (06-23-2010), Mal (06-24-2010), Miburo (06-23-2010), Servo (06-23-2010), Tzu Men (06-23-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
Darth-Nero
Victory!

But someone i know got it and told me "it's the new Black elite version that is RROD proof".

Dose he speaks the truth?
Old 06-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

If you're gonna get one, get the one they just announced/released in the last couple of weeks.

The power consumption is much lower, it's quieter, comes with built-in Wi-Fi, and the chance of it RROD'ing is lower than the older models.

I'd get one myself, but I can't justify the money I'd still have to spent after trading in my current model (which is an old 20GB, and possibly a Xenon launch model which is the most likely to RROD. It's died on me twice in three years).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (06-23-2010), Miburo (06-23-2010), Scientia (06-23-2010), Servo (06-23-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #5
Darth-Nero
Victory!

HOLY SHIT,if this thing hit the walmart already,i can get it in like a week.

Gonna look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post

I'd get one myself, but I can't justify the money I'd still have to spent after trading in my current model (which is an old 20GB, and possibly a Xenon launch model which is the most likely to RROD. It's died on me twice in three years).
For some one who does not believe in God,This statement has raised the respect i held for you to the maximum.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

i didnt know they had walmart in egypt.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #7
Darth-Nero
Victory!

They don't,My father know soldiers who are flying back and forth to the US in training trips so it's easy for him to make someone get stuffs from the walmart since it's the only store those soldiers know/trust to get stuffs from. It's how i got my Ipod.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-23-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

know and trust walmart? lol. oh boy.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #9
Darth-Nero
Victory!

the majority of them can't even speak english properly,That's why they use the walmart when someone ask them to get them stuff,We hand them a printed paper with the product number and they hand it to the walmart guy and pay by credit. way of the monkeys.

@jax~ They don't have it yet =(
Old 06-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #10
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Fairly sure PS3 and 360 are pretty even in the fighting game department. So either works there.

Uh, as far as playing against people from here, only people I've played with online on the PStriple are Madness and 48. Played a bunch of Demon Souls with Madness, which isn't a fighting game (Has pvp, and it's pretty fun. Kinda a pain in the ass to actually play with your friends though.) but is still cool as fuck. Since you're slaying fucking demons and shit.

However, 48 is a goddamn beast at street fighter. Seriously godly good. And I'm sure he'd play with you, since he seems to always be seeking out worthy opponents.

I kinda suck. I mean, I'm being modest, of course. I roll with basic skills and gargantuan amounts of fighting spirit. Not hardcore srs business good like some of these badasses here. Only plus to having me on your buddy list is that I'll play pretty much anything and I won't suck horribly at it, since I never suck horribly at anything. Little spoon, Jaxon, BK, LN are all probably worthier opponents though, based on personal experience playing videogamez with them for the month I had a 360.

Oh, ps3 can play blurays, has free interwebs, and pretty sure isn't regional locked. So you can play games from wherever. Which might matter if you're importing that shit. Someone else can probably tell you the pros for the 360 (Other than having more glorious OH comrades on it) better than me. I didn't have mine too long.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (06-23-2010), Scientia (06-23-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #11
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Oh shi- didn't notice you posted here, will i was leaning 1st toward ps3 cause of the high res and shit,yet people told me it's not a great advantage since the difference doesn't show in all games..just the exclusives. I also heard people say that ps3 network sucks specially compared to 360's like it lags and shit.

also ps3 didn't include Egypt on the registration Map (I checked) so that wont allow me to download anything from the store (as far as i heard) that true?.

Also lets talk dirty,How is the modding on ps3? as far as i know there are non. Yet i found almost all the ps3 games fully uploaded on p2p and some other legit sites i know,what's up with that?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

PS3 doesn't have piracy. Full stop. If you get PS3, be prepared to do everything legit.

360 on the other hand is piracy central.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (06-23-2010), Miburo (06-23-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #13
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

I think Jax hit all the good points on the new 360, which is what I would get if I went that route. I have an older one, which somehow has not given me the RROD yet. One big negative about the older 360's is that it includes no built-in wireless, making one have to purchase a relatively expensive (if new) wireless router, provided cable hookup is difficult.

Don't really know a shitload about the ps3, but I've really had no complaints about the 360 thus far. Though if I do get the RRoD, raaaaaage will probably occur.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (06-23-2010), Miburo (06-23-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #14
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post

360 on the other hand is piracy central.
Which bring us to the most important question of all..

If your modding got detected by XBL your gonna get your xbox banned for life,yet hackers say that as long as you get the latest Iextreme cfw it's impossible to get detected. what i was going to do to avoid this miss is to pirate the offline games and buy the online ones.

so question is,Can they ever detect my software modding even if i were playing with an original dvd?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #15
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
Oh shi- didn't notice you posted here, will i was leaning 1st toward ps3 cause of the high res and shit,yet people told me it's not a great advantage since the difference doesn't show in all games..just the exclusives. I also heard people say that ps3 network sucks specially compared to 360's like it lags and shit.
PSN works fine for me, I never lag. Online time I see people lagging is when I'm playing against goddamn mexicans. Those fucks always have shitty interwebs. And they're always such faggots. jajajajaja Fucking mexicans.

Quote:
also ps3 didn't include Egypt on the registration Map (I checked) so that wont allow me to download anything from the store (as far as i heard) that true?.
When you sign up for a PSN account just say you're in north america or europe or wherever you want. Then you will get shit from that PSN store thinger. You can even sign up for a japanese account, if you want to download some weeaboo shit or get some of their demos and shit. Google that shit.

Quote:
Also lets talk dirty,How is the modding on ps3? as far as i know there are non. Yet i found almost all the ps3 games fully uploaded on p2p and some other legit sites i know,what's up with that?
No clue how that shit works. I know you can download game saves and shit, though I've never done it. Yeah, I dunno.

I'm pretty sure 360 can be modded, and you can download their shit online. I think. I see people on gamefaqs talking (crying) about that shit all the time, anyway. So if you know how to do it, that definitely might be worth looking into.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (06-23-2010), Mal (06-24-2010)