Whats wrong with being mean on a forum? - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #16
Nerox
Mah'alleinir
 
Nerox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Golden Hall
Posts: 743
Thanks: 2,252
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

okay, so i guess you'll survive france...
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 07-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #17
zer0systm
Antagonist
 
zer0systm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West. Australia
Age: 25
Posts: 1,012
Thanks: 4,274
Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

yeah I leave this shit hole tomorrow, clearly had enough of it. I was over it the second i stepped off the train to be honest....

anyways, I'm going to bed, Later mate.
__________________
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
zer0systm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zer0systm For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-09-2010), Tabris (07-10-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #18
Nerox
Mah'alleinir
 
Nerox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Golden Hall
Posts: 743
Thanks: 2,252
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

ah well lucky you. hm, should go to sleep too, rugby tournament tomorrow, later dude.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #19
Scientia
Francesca
 
Scientia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 313
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 207 Times in 126 Posts
Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
IM AN EXTREMELY RATIONAL
AND FAIR PERSON
AND I GENERALLY DONT CARE IF I HURT
SOMEONES FEELINGS


cpas
That's the one part of you that isn't generally rational, then. I mean, there's a ton of factors to take in, as well, too. I'm not saying you're completely wrong or anything.
__________________

Last edited by Scientia; 07-09-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #20
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

ELABORATE


cpas
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Tabris (07-10-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #21
Scientia
Francesca
 
Scientia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 313
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 207 Times in 126 Posts
Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

I'm simply saying that rationality has a lot to do with how we decide to treat people. Being nice to someone can be, in most cases, considered reasonable. Being reasonable and understanding of one's feelings can be considered rational. And taking those feelings into account when the situation calls for it will most likely compel you to not hurt someone's feelings. This is why most people consider it wrong.

Now, as for you not being rational by not caring about other's feelings, well there's a lot of things to consider. Like are you just being mean to someone for no reasonable reason at all? That's not really reasonable, and not really rational. This is, I guess, the basis for why being mean is wrong to most people. At least, that is, if we're using the same definition of rationality here. lol

I will admit, I was massively generalizing when I said that's the one part of you that isn't rational, though.
__________________
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #22
OG
[잊지 말아요]
 
OG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 26
Posts: 7,623
Thanks: 2,238
Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

boxxy "love" is overrated.

explain.
__________________
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (07-10-2010), Miburo (07-09-2010), Scientia (07-09-2010), Tabris (07-10-2010), Vanity (07-09-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #23
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

UH YOUR PRETTY MUCH SAYING THAT
CARING ABOUT PEOPLES FEELINGS =
REASONABLE = RATIONAL

THAT ISNT A LOGICAL ARGUMENT
YOUR JUST RESTATING YOUR CONCLUSION
HOW IS IT RATIONAL (LOGICAL) TO GIVE A SHIT
ABOUT PEOPLES FEELINGS
AND IRRATIONAL (ILLOGICAL) TO NOT

BECAUSE I FAIL TO SEE
HOW ME NOT CARING ABOUT
RANDOM STRANGERS
OR SIMPLE ACQUAINTANCES FEELINGS
AS I GO ABOUT DOING MY THING
MAKES ME IRRATIONAL

AND STRANGERS
AND ACQUAINTANCES
ARE WHAT THE MAJORITY OF THE
POPULATION CONSISTS OF IN RELATION TO ME
SO
GENERALLY I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT
PEOPLES FEELINGS

NO REASON FOR ME TO
MAKE SURE I DONT
HURT SOMEONES FRAGILE FEELINGS
UNLESS I HAVE SOME SORT OF REASON
WHY I SHOULD CARE
LIKE IF THEYRE MY DEAR COMRADES
OR FAMILY OR SOME SHIT
RIGHT


RIGHT



cpas
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #24
Scientia
Francesca
 
Scientia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 313
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 207 Times in 126 Posts
Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
boxxy "love" is overrated.

explain.
She's beautiful? My 'love' for Boxxy is a somewhat shallow one; it's only because of her beauty. But she's definitely the most beautiful I've ever seen. Thanks for bringing her up, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
UH YOUR PRETTY MUCH SAYING THAT
CARING ABOUT PEOPLES FEELINGS =
REASONABLE = RATIONAL

THAT ISNT A LOGICAL ARGUMENT
YOUR JUST RESTATING YOUR CONCLUSION
HOW IS IT RATIONAL (LOGICAL) TO GIVE A SHIT
ABOUT PEOPLES FEELINGS
AND IRRATIONAL (ILLOGICAL) TO NOT
Rationality doesn't automatically equal logicality. It can also equal reasonability: And fairness. Logicality really doesn't have anything to do with emotions at all, so it has no place in this argument. lol. Don't tell me we're just going to go to fucking semantics again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
BECAUSE I FAIL TO SEE
HOW ME NOT CARING ABOUT
RANDOM STRANGERS
OR SIMPLE ACQUAINTANCES FEELINGS
AS I GO ABOUT DOING MY THING
MAKES ME IRRATIONAL
Because it isn't reasonable for you to be mean to someone? Unless you have a reasonable reason, of course. "You don't know them" isn't a reasonable reason, considering that they did nothing to deserve that, it wouldn't be a rational thing for you to do. Of course, for this argument to hold, I would have to assume that not caring about someone's feelings = being mean to them. Which is where part of the massive generalization comes from. The other part of the generalization assumes that they did nothing to deserve it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
NO REASON FOR ME TO
MAKE SURE I DONT
HURT SOMEONES FRAGILE FEELINGS
UNLESS I HAVE SOME SORT OF REASON
WHY I SHOULD CARE
LIKE IF THEYRE MY DEAR COMRADES
OR FAMILY OR SOME SHIT
RIGHT
Yeah, I understand what you mean. But, for a truly rational person, it's more like "I don't care as much for strangers' feelings than I do for my own comrades. I 'explained' that if you're reasonable you aren't going to want to be mean for no reason, because that's just how reasonable people are; whatever they're motive (unless the motive is truly devious or some shit). It's only fair.
__________________

Last edited by Scientia; 07-09-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #25
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayrra View Post
Rationality doesn't automatically equal logicality. It can also equal reasonability: And fairness. Logicality really doesn't have anything to do with emotions at all, so it has no place in this argument. lol. Don't tell me we're just going to go to fucking semantics again.
REASONABLE IS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME THING AS LOGICAL
THEYRE SYNONYMS
THE EASIEST WAY TO BE FAIR IS TO SIMPLY BE LOGICAL
SINCE LOGIC IS IMPARTIAL
I CANT THINK OF A WAY TO BE ILLOGICAL AND FAIR
TO BE HONEST
NOT THAT IT MATTERS

AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT FEELINGS THEMSELVES
THIS DISCUSSION ISNT ABOUT FEELINGS
ITS ABOUT HOW YOU CLAIMED THAT IT WAS IRRATIONAL
TO NOT CARE ABOUT PEOPLES FEELINGS
LOGIC MOST CERTAINLY HAS A PLACE IN THIS
ARGUMENT
UNLESS YOURE SAYING THAT YOUR STANCE
IS ILLOGICAL

WHICH I WOULDNT DISAGREE WITH
IF THAT WERE THE CASE

Quote:

Because it isn't reasonable for you to be mean to someone? Unless you have a reasonable reason, of course. "You don't know them" isn't a reasonable reason, considering that they did nothing to deserve that, it wouldn't be a rational thing for you to do. Of course, for this argument to hold, I would have to assume that not caring about someone's feelings = being mean to them. Which is where part of the massive generalization comes from. The other part of the generalization assumes that they did nothing to deserve it.
I DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS
AND HAVE NO REASON TO CARE ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS
IS A REASONABLE REASON

I DONT CARE IF I STEP ON AN ANT WHILE WALKING
SOMEWHERE
SO THAT IS A REASONABLE REASON
TO NOT MAKE SURE I DONT STEP DOWN
ON AN ANT AS IM WALKING

YOURE ASSUMING ME NOT CARING
=ACTIVELY GOING OUT TO CRUSH ANTS
WHEN IN REALITY
IM JUST GOING ABOUT BY BUSINESS
AND IF AN ANT HAPPENS TO BE IN MY WAY
I STEP ON IT

LIKE
IF I SEE SOMEONE DOING SOMETHING STUPID
ILL SAY THAT IS SOME STUPID SHIT
OR SOMETHING
AND IF THAT PERSONS FEELINGS GET HURT
THEN OH WELL

I DONT ACTIVELY WALK AROUND
LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO MAKE FUN
OF THOUGH
SINCE YEAH
I HAVE NO REASON TO DO SOMETHING
LIKE THAT

IM STILL NOT GIVING A SHIT ABOUT PEOPLES FEELINGS
AND YOU STILL SAID THAT IM IRRATIONAL FOR THAT
REASON
YOU ARE WRONG



Quote:
Yeah, I understand what you mean. But, for a truly rational person, it's more like "I don't care as much for strangers' feelings than I do for my own comrades. I 'explained' that if you're reasonable you're aren't going to want to be mean for no reason, because that's just how reasonable people are; whatever they're motive (unless the motive is truly devious or some shit).

YOUVE PRESENTED NO ARGUMENT
SHOWING THAT TRULY REASONABLE PEOPLE
CARE ABOUT STRANGERS FEELINGS
AND THAT A PERSON WHO DOESNT CARE ABOUT
THOSE PEOPLES FEELINGS
IS UNREASONABLE

AGAIN
JUST SAYING THATS HOW REASONABLE PEOPLE ARE
ISNT A GOOD ARGUMENT
WHEN YOURE SUPPOSE TO BE
SHOWING WHY
ITS REASONABLE TO DO THAT
AND UNREASONABLE NOT TO

GIVE ME A REASON WHY I SHOULD
GIVE A FUCK ABOUT STRANGERS FEELINGS


PRETTY MUCH JUST CALLED YOU ON
THIS SHIT BECAUSE I WANTED TO MAKE SOME
MASSIVE AS FUCK POSTS
IN LITTLE SPOON
POETIC ALL CAPS



cpas
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #26
OG
[잊지 말아요]
 
OG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 26
Posts: 7,623
Thanks: 2,238
Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayrra View Post
She's beautiful? My 'love' for Boxxy is a somewhat shallow one; it's only because of her beauty. But she's definitely the most beautiful I've ever seen. Thanks for bringing her up, though.
beautiful? not only that but the MOST beautiful? srly?

u need to go out moar. <.<

//immoarbeautifulthanthatthing.andthatssay inalot.//narckindalol
__________________

Last edited by OG; 07-09-2010 at 08:47 PM.
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-09-2010), Shrike (07-10-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #27
Nerox
Mah'alleinir
 
Nerox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Golden Hall
Posts: 743
Thanks: 2,252
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post

//immoarbeautifulthanthatthing.andthatssay inalot.//narckindalol
pics to confirm for everyone.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #28
OG
[잊지 말아요]
 
OG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 26
Posts: 7,623
Thanks: 2,238
Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox511 View Post
pics to confirm for everyone.
the ones worthy enough have seen =P
__________________
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-09-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #29
Nerox
Mah'alleinir
 
Nerox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Golden Hall
Posts: 743
Thanks: 2,252
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
the ones worthy enough have seen =P
damn...well, you can always PN them.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #30
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

I CAN VOUCH FOR OGS HAWTNESS

cpas
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
OG (07-10-2010), Vanity (07-09-2010)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warning for Dac: Creating Thread in wrong section YoshiToshi Bans & Warnings 0 08-29-2007 10:08 PM
"Growing a healthy forum"... Help for some people... Freshgrease Web Development 7 08-26-2007 12:57 PM
Incest b0o Debates Section 80 08-20-2007 12:36 PM
Who hate this Forum say I Rock lee 13 Spam Zone 11 01-29-2007 03:47 PM
Forum Bug? Shak Questions & Suggestions 8 11-22-2004 11:43 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.