Whats wrong with being mean on a forum? - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #31
Demi-God
BEST
 
Demi-God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,327
Thanks: 2,762
Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Seconded.

And thirdeded.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-09-2010), OG (07-10-2010)


Old 07-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #32
Nerox
Mah'alleinir
 
Nerox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Golden Hall
Posts: 743
Thanks: 2,252
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

i believe you, no question, and i'd never doubt OG, but nonetheless, i'd like to see those pics.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #33
Scientia
Francesca
 
Scientia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 313
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 207 Times in 126 Posts
Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS
AND HAVE NO REASON TO CARE ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS
IS A REASONABLE REASON
It isn't fair to be mean to someone you don't know, and without a reason. Your reason is you don't care, but that's not reasonable. Why?

Not having a reason to care means that you don't have any kind of feeling toward being reasonable toward a stranger. You don't care about them. The reason why not caring isn't reasonable is because it's not reasonable to not have any feelings toward another's feelings. The reason why it's not reasonable to not have any feelings toward another's feelings is because you don't have a fair reason to hurt them like that. Your reason to hurt them like that obviously can't be you don't care, because that's actually what we're analyzing right now and even if you say it's that you don't care that you don't care, that's still not a fair reason toward their feelings. Once you have a good reason, it's not as unreasonable anymore. To reiterate, simply not caring can hurt them, and you have no fair reason to do that when they've done nothing to you. Is that your fault? No. Because it's kind of something in your nature. But you're naturally unreasonable when it comes to strangers' feelings, it seems. This is just how humans made the definition of reasonable. It really stems from fairness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
LIKE
IF I SEE SOMEONE DOING SOMETHING STUPID
ILL SAY THAT IS SOME STUPID SHIT
OR SOMETHING
AND IF THAT PERSONS FEELINGS GET HURT
THEN OH WELL
IM STILL NOT GIVING A SHIT ABOUT PEOPLES FEELINGS
AND YOU STILL SAID THAT IM IRRATIONAL FOR THAT
REASON
YOU ARE WRONG
And I also said there are a lot of factors to take in. As in, I didn't know the specific reasons or technicalities behind why or how you were being mean by not caring about other's feelings. Sure, if you're simply telling the truth, that's not as unreasonable. But if you don't care about people's feelings at all, and they don't deserve to be hurt in the way that your carelessness hurts them, it's pretty unreasonable. And of course, I say that being unreasonable for this case is being irrational.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
YOUVE PRESENTED NO ARGUMENT
SHOWING THAT TRULY REASONABLE PEOPLE
CARE ABOUT STRANGERS FEELINGS
AND THAT A PERSON WHO DOESNT CARE ABOUT
THOSE PEOPLES FEELINGS
IS UNREASONABLE
Hmm. I guess I'm just too retarded to comply or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
AGAIN
JUST SAYING THATS HOW REASONABLE PEOPLE ARE
ISNT A GOOD ARGUMENT
WHEN YOURE SUPPOSE TO BE
SHOWING WHY
ITS REASONABLE TO DO THAT
AND UNREASONABLE NOT TO
Because they don't deserve it. Random people, even if they don't share bonds with you (massively generalizing, of course) don't deserve your carelessness simply because they're random people to you. That's why it's unreasonable. It's bias. It's not fair they have to get the shit end of stick just because you don't care or don't know them. It's also unreasonable for you not to care because you have no good reason to hurt them. Not caring does equal hurting them, though not as severely as I assumed you were. So yeah, I'll admit I was wrong to call you completely irrational. But not caring is on some level, unreasonable of you, and selfish. I'll stand by that concept, at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
GIVE ME A REASON WHY I SHOULD
GIVE A FUCK ABOUT STRANGERS FEELINGS
Because it's the reasonable thing to do? You know, it's reasonable to care and shit. That's what reason and fairness is fucking based upon. Their whole concepts and definitions fit with this concept of 'nice-ness'. If that's not an acceptable reason for you to care, then you're obviously not that reasonable.

You do care, though. Just not a lot from what I can tell. After all, you don't go around hurting feelings for no reason at all, so that's a decent bit or rationality right there.

So as a whole: Not caring about other's isn't fair for them, it's biased of you, and that's why it's unreasonable.

Now is it reasonable of me to expect you to just magcially care? No.
__________________
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #34
Scientia
Francesca
 
Scientia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 313
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 207 Times in 126 Posts
Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
beautiful? not only that but the MOST beautiful? srly?
Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
u need to go out moar. <.<
No I don't. lol
__________________

Last edited by Scientia; 07-10-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:16 AM   #35
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silent Hill
Posts: 5,156
Thanks: 7,863
Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

In this case, I mostly do agree with Fayrra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayrra View Post
Seriously.

No I don't. lol
Yes, you do. Boxxy is only cute in one video, she is chubby and is not that pretty at all. And I said cute. Which is FAR from beautiful. Heck, I have been with women who look far better.

Edit: And yeah, OG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Boxxy.

Last edited by Shrike; 07-10-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-10-2010), OG (07-10-2010)
Old 07-10-2010, 07:15 AM   #36
Scientia
Francesca
 
Scientia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 313
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 207 Times in 126 Posts
Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Yes, you do.
I get out plenty. And on top of that, there's sooo many girls at high school. I've already been through two girls whom held the position of 'the most beautiful.' Boxxy's the third.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Boxxy is only cute in one video, she is chubby and is not that pretty at all.
Such words strike directly towards and against my heart, like a fiery lance. But at least you're being truthful as to how you see it. Alas, I know nothing of Boxxy outside of her Boxxy form (basically the way she looks in her videos and a few other extremely well taken pictures, that I can easily identify as the her that I find hawt). In other words, I really don't know her visually without the makeup (I guess her name's Catherine?). But I don't care, the fact of the matter is, Boxxy's the one whom I find beautiful, make-up and all. Every picture I've seen of her as the Boxxy persona, or something similar to it, I've always just been mesmerized. I've never seen anything like her. She's just completely pleasing to all of my senses. Well, the last girl who I asked out looked similar to her, but that's it.

On a side note, did you see this?



It should totally go in your signature. From what I hear, that's actually from the anime, too. XD
His face goes through so much rage, metamorphosis, and total fuck I just couldn't help but lol. How can you take yourself seriously as an animator after that?
__________________

Last edited by Scientia; 07-10-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #37
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis
 
Tzu Men's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 713
Thanks: 4,008
Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

IF I SEE THAT
FUCKING BOXXY
ONE MORE TIME!


cpas
Tzu Men is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-10-2010), OG (07-10-2010)
Old 07-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #38
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayrra View Post
It isn't fair to be mean to someone you don't know, and without a reason. Your reason is you don't care, but that's not reasonable. Why?

Not having a reason to care means that you don't have any kind of feeling toward being reasonable toward a stranger. You don't care about them. The reason why not caring isn't reasonable is because it's not reasonable to not have any feelings toward another's feelings. The reason why it's not reasonable to not have any feelings toward another's feelings is because you don't have a fair reason to hurt them like that. Your reason to hurt them like that obviously can't be you don't care, because that's actually what we're analyzing right now and even if you say it's that you don't care that you don't care, that's still not a fair reason toward their feelings. Once you have a good reason, it's not as unreasonable anymore. To reiterate, simply not caring can hurt them, and you have no fair reason to do that when they've done nothing to you. Is that your fault? No. Because it's kind of something in your nature. But you're naturally unreasonable when it comes to strangers' feelings, it seems. This is just how humans made the definition of reasonable. It really stems from fairness.
HOLY SHIT DUDE
DO YOU READ WHAT YOU WRITE

ALSO
HOW IS IT NOT FAIR
I HAVE NO OBLIGATIONS
TO BE NICE TO ANYONE
PLEASE PRESENT A FORMAL ARGUMENT
AS TO WHY IT ISNT RATIONAL AND FAIR
OTHERWISE YOURE JUST BULLSHITTING
IM NOT GOING TO BREAK DOWN SILLY ARGUMENTS LIKE
ITS NOT REASONABLE IS BECAUSE ITS NOT REASONABLE BLAH BLAH
PRESENT VALID PREMISES AND CONCLUSIONS
FOR FUCKS SAKE


REALITY IS IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FAIRNESS
BECAUSE IT IS PERFECTLY FAIR
I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT STRANGERS
I DONT EXPECT STRANGERS TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ME
I OWE THEM NOTHING
THEY OWE ME NOTHING
SCALE IS BALANCED
THAT IS TEXTBOOK FAIRNESS
RIGHT THERE

SEE HOW I DONT HAVE TO GO ROUND IN CIRCLES
TO PRESENT A SIMPLE GODDAMN ARGUMENT
ITS BECAUSE ITS SIMPLE SHIT
NO ASSUMED PREMISES
LIKE ITS NOT FAIR TO THEIR FEELINGS
THAT YOU HAVENT BACKED UP
WITH ANY LOGIC WHATSOEVER
IM PRETTY MUCH JUST TAKING THE DEFAULTS
AND GOING WITH THAT
I SEE NO REASON TO ASSUME THAT I OWE STRANGERS ANYTHING
NOR ANY REASON TO ASSUME THEY OWE ME ANYTHING
THEREFORE UNLESS A VALID LOGICAL
REASON IS PRESENTED
THE LOGICAL THING TO DO IS ASSUME THOSE DEFAULTS
YOU HAVENT PRESENTED A LOGICALLY VALID
REASON TO ADOPT ANYTHING CONTRARY TO
THE DEFAULTS
SO LOGICALLY
YOUR CLAIMS FAIL
THATS HOW THIS SHIT WORKS
ILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO LINK YOU TO SHIT
THAT DESCRIBES
THE SIMPLE LOGICAL PRINCIPLES IM USING
SUCH AS THE PRINCIPLE OF BURDEN OF PROOF
AND OCCAMS RAZOR
IF YOU LIKE

FEEL FREE TO DO THE SAME WITH
WHATEVER LOGICAL PRINCIPLES YOURE
APPLYING IN YOUR ARGUMENTS
AS WELL
BECAUSE IM DEFINITELY OVERLOOKING THEM


AND HOLY SHIT
IS THAT REALLY FROM THE ANIMU
THAT IS
WELL
KIND OF EXPECTED
NARUTO IS SUCH
GARBAGE

MASSIVE POAST FUCK YEAH


cpas
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (07-10-2010), Mal (07-10-2010), Tabris (07-10-2010)
Old 07-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #39
Tabris
Sexy Lady
 
Tabris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in a box, out side your house, with binoculars.
Posts: 778
Thanks: 5,571
Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

^*DOKI DOKI DOKI*
YOUR COMPLEX WORD/BRAIN THINGS MAKE MY HEART THUMP QUICKLY

CARING ABOUT PEOPLE I DONT KNOW
WOULDNT THAT JUST GIVE ME EXTRA STRESS
THUS HARMING MYSELF

WHY WOULD ANY RATIONAL PERSON HARM THEMSELVES
casp

Last edited by Tabris; 07-10-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
Mal (07-10-2010), Miburo (07-10-2010)
Old 07-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #40
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,725
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Here's how I do it:
- If I don't personally know someone, I neither like nor dislike them.
- In order for me to like someone, they have to do something I like.
- In order for me to dislike someone, they have to do something I dislike.
- If I don't like someone, I'm not going to bother with niceties.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-10-2010), Tabris (07-10-2010)
Old 07-10-2010, 02:52 PM   #41
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

^THAT IS PRETTY MUCH HOW I ROLL TOO
I ACTUALLY FOLLOW A
COMPLEX PERSONAL HONOR CODE
BASED AROUND INTEGRITY AND MANLINESS
ITS PRETTY COMPLICATED AND THERE ARE
PROBABLY A COUPLE OF PARTS THAT DONT MAKE
MUCH LOGICAL SENSE

BUT YEAH
IM POLITE AS FUCK AND SHIT
AND IF I SAW SOME LOLI AND
OTHER RANDOM STRANGERS BEING
MUGGED AT KNIFEPOINT OR SOME SHIT
ID DEFINITELY BREAK SOME MUGGER
FACES
DUE TO ME BEING A CHIVALROUS MANLY HERO
AND WHATNOT
NOT BECAUSE I ACTUALLY GIVE A FUCK
ABOUT STRANGERS
AND ESPECIALLY NOT BECAUSE
I CARE ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS

IF FAYRRA SAID
THAT BEING MEAN TO PEOPLE
FOR NO REASON
IS DOUCHEBAGGISH
OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT
THEN ID AGREE

HE SAID THAT
IF YOU DONT GIVE A FUCK
ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES FEELINGS
THEN YOURE IRRATIONAL AND UNFAIR

THATS WRONG
BECAUSE NOT GIVING A FUCK ABOUT
PEOPLES FEELINGS
IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
THAN BEING A DOUCHE
FOR NO REASON

YOU DONT HAVE TO GIVE A FUCK
ABOUT PEOPLE
TO BE NICE TO THEM


cpas
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (07-11-2010), RNB (07-12-2010), Tabris (07-10-2010)
Old 07-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #42
Scientia
Francesca
 
Scientia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 313
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 207 Times in 126 Posts
Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
HOLY SHIT DUDE
DO YOU READ WHAT YOU WRITE
lol. Yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
ALSO
HOW IS IT NOT FAIR
I HAVE NO OBLIGATIONS
TO BE NICE TO ANYONE
PLEASE PRESENT A FORMAL ARGUMENT
AS TO WHY IT ISNT RATIONAL AND FAIR
OTHERWISE YOURE JUST BULLSHITTING
REALITY IS IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FAIRNESS
BECAUSE IT IS PERFECTLY FAIR
I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT STRANGERS
I DONT EXPECT STRANGERS TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ME
I OWE THEM NOTHING
THEY OWE ME NOTHING
SCALE IS BALANCED
THAT IS TEXTBOOK FAIRNESS
RIGHT THERE
Okay, so I just have to prove how it's not fair? Well, I'll give it a shot then.

Premise: You and this stranger don't know each other, have no relations, etc. You don't care for that person's feelings, and end up hurting him.

Conclusion: He's hurt, you're fine.

Tell me how that's fair in anyway possible?

An eye for an eye is fair. Getting back at someone when they did something to you is fair. You telling the truth and hurting them is fair. Them just getting hurt when they have done nothing to you isn't.

Oh, and the reminds me, you said you couldn't think of a way to be illogical and fair? Well how about this: A stranger or a friend is about to die. The fair thing to do would be to either choose randomly between them or let them both die, however, the logical thing to do would be to save your friend, the one you care about most. If you don't do this, you'd be illogical, but fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
SEE HOW I DONT HAVE TO GO ROUND IN CIRCLES
TO PRESENT A SIMPLE GODDAMN ARGUMENT
Yeah, I do suck at arguing. But anyway, I didn't go in circles. I did not use circular reasoning here. I went from one thing to another, like a chain. And ended up with: It's not reasonable because it's not fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
IM PRETTY MUCH JUST TAKING THE DEFAULTS
AND GOING WITH THAT
I SEE NO REASON TO ASSUME THAT I OWE STRANGERS ANYTHING
NOR ANY REASON TO ASSUME THEY OWE ME ANYTHING
THEREFORE UNLESS A VALID LOGICAL
REASON IS PRESENTED
THE LOGICAL THING TO DO IS ASSUME THOSE DEFAULTS
YOU HAVENT PRESENTED A LOGICALLY VALID
REASON TO ADOPT ANYTHING CONTRARY TO
THE DEFAULTS
SO LOGICALLY
YOUR CLAIMS FAIL
THATS HOW THIS SHIT WORKS
ILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO LINK YOU TO SHIT
THAT DESCRIBES
THE SIMPLE LOGICAL PRINCIPLES IM USING
SUCH AS THE PRINCIPLE OF BURDEN OF PROOF
AND OCCAMS RAZOR
IF YOU LIKE
All I have to do is prove how it isn't fair, right? Therefore, all I have to do is make it fit in accordance with the definition. I don't need to make you see a logical reason to adopt being nice or rather a reason for you to care about a strangers' feelings (unless me proving that it's fair would make you do that, but that's more like a side-effect, than the actual primary purpose). Because you're probably not going to. All I have to prove is how it's not reasonable of you to not care. This is something in your nature.

The default position for a psychopath is killing people for fun. He has no reason to care for people that he doesn't know because he's naturally born with no emotions such as those. He's the same as you in that respect. He sees no logical reason to care. No reason to not kill strangers because he doesn't care. He doesn't expect for people to not hate him or not kill him back. He thinks of it as perfectly fair. Yet, what he's doing is not fair at all. And any reasonable person can see this. These people have done nothing to him, the only reason he kills them is because he has no bond's with them. He just goes about his daily life; because killing is his daily life. It's nothing personal or anything. If you're in the wrong place, then oh well. If it weren't for that, he wouldn't have killed them.

This, Miburo, is a very extreme version of what you're doing. Now, don't get me wrong here, because I do make weird analogies that seem outrageous:

Everything that matters fits. You not caring, and seeing no reason to care. It being your default position, etc. The only thing that doesn't fit is that you're not hurting them on purpose. It's just like "if they happen to have they're feelings hurt, then oh well."

But the only thing that changes is that it makes you less unreasonable (other than the fact that generally killing people is a lot more worse than hurting they're feelings, I know that's a huge difference as well). The point is, just because you're a shit ton of more reasonable than a psychopath, doesn't change the fact that you're still being unreasonable like one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
AND HOLY SHIT
IS THAT REALLY FROM THE ANIMU
THAT IS
WELL
KIND OF EXPECTED
NARUTO IS SUCH
GARBAGE


cpas
Lmao, I guess so. There's a few other one's, too. I heard he turns into sonic the hedgehog in one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
BUT YEAH
IM POLITE AS FUCK AND SHIT
AND IF I SAW SOME LOLI AND
OTHER RANDOM STRANGERS BEING
MUGGED AT KNIFEPOINT OR SOME SHIT
ID DEFINITELY BREAK SOME MUGGER
FACES
DUE TO ME BEING A CHIVALROUS MANLY HERO
AND WHATNOT
NOT BECAUSE I ACTUALLY GIVE A FUCK
ABOUT STRANGERS
AND ESPECIALLY NOT BECAUSE
I CARE ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS
I'd do it just because it would be fun. And on some levels, I care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
IF FAYRRA SAID
THAT BEING MEAN TO PEOPLE
FOR NO REASON
IS DOUCHEBAGGISH
OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT
THEN ID AGREE

HE SAID THAT
IF YOU DONT GIVE A FUCK
ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES FEELINGS
THEN YOURE IRRATIONAL AND UNFAIR
First off, I corrected myself and said you're not completely irrational and unfair. I know there's a huge difference between purposely going out and doing and just doing it as you go about your daily life, just living. Even though that's what I thought you were doing at first, it turns out it's the latter. But that doesn't change the fact that you're still breaking the principle of the matter. You're still being unfair to them, just a lot less unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
THATS WRONG
BECAUSE NOT GIVING A FUCK ABOUT
PEOPLES FEELINGS
IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
THAN BEING A DOUCHE
FOR NO REASON

YOU DONT HAVE TO GIVE A FUCK
ABOUT PEOPLE
TO BE NICE TO THEM

cpas
Very true, and an interesting notion. But the thought process here is something like this:

Killing (lol).

Some people do it on purpose, while other's do it on accident when going about their daily lives. In this scenario you're the latter. The main similarity and principle that the former and the latter have in common is that they both don't care (for my analogy, at least). See, I don't expect you or Mal to be nice to people you don't know. That would be a lot of trouble, and it isn't like they are your friends. However, when people accidentally hurt another, they normally care, even if they are strangers. And then they say sorry, because they actually care. That's not you, from what I hear. Because you don't care, you're going to be hurting them when you go about your daily life, and then it's just "Oh fucking well, I don't give a shit, I'm not a pussy, I have no reason to care."

It's not fair for strangers to get hurt just because of that, but what makes it even more unreasonable is just the simple fact that, they're getting hurt, and you still don't care. That's just how you are in your nature. The reason why reasonable people care is because thats' just how they are in their nature. That's their default position. I told you this is an emotion thing. It's not an an objective default stance like atheism. Majority of humans aren't like you anyway, and actually do care about strangers (obviously not as much as one cares for one's friends or family). I don't know where you're getting this as an objective default stance that I have to defeat from. Your reason to not care is you don't care. Their reason to care is that they do care. It's that simple. It's both their defualt nature's. If we analyze it even further it'll just come out with both of us confused. The only reason one is more fair than the other is because one has genuine concern for the pain of other's. The pain that you intentionally or unintentionally caused. That's all. I'll admit, one's more logical while the other is more emotional, but that doesn't make it wrong objectively. Reasonable people care, unreasonable people don't. This is a fact to me based off of the concepts of the definitions.

I understand that you're not going out and being a douchbag for no reason. Instead you're indirectly being mean and then not caring about it because you see no logical reason to (unless, of course, it being fair is a logical reason, but it seems more like an emotional reason to me).

I mean, come on, if you hurt someone (intentional or not) when they didn't do anything to you, isn't it only fair to care about it? Isn't it not fair not to?

And by caring, obviously that means you care about their feelings. Like a 'normal' person. Or societies' idea of normal, I wager. Not caring will eventually lead to you hurting someone. You can't escape that. The key is whether you're going to care or not when you hurt them. If you don't it isn't fair, since you're the cause of the pain, but if you do then that means you care about their feelings. That was the whole point of my first post that you responded to anyway, when you said "I'm fair, but I don't care about their feelings." The whole point was in the context of hurting them in some way.

At least answer that bolded question for me. I mean, there's nothing I can really say. I tried the formal debate thing and probably failed. I'm probably just repeating myself and it's probably just pissing you off. This is probably my final bout. If you can't understand it, I'll just have to write you off as somewhat unreasonable for this situation. I understand everything you've said so far, and have tried to comply with it. You can just write me off as a massive idiot, or whatever have you, in return.
__________________

Last edited by Scientia; 07-10-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:45 PM   #43
TrueUCHIHA
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: sasuke
Posts: 793
Thanks: 484
Thanked 1,005 Times in 742 Posts
TrueUCHIHA is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayrra View Post
lol. Yeah.


Okay, so I just have to prove how it's not fair? Well, I'll give it a shot then.

Premise: You and this stranger don't know each other, have no relations, etc. You don't care for that person's feelings, and end up hurting him.

Conclusion: He's hurt, you're fine.

Tell me how that's fair in anyway possible?

An eye for an eye is fair. Getting back at someone when they did something to you is fair. You telling the truth and hurting them is fair. Them just getting hurt when they have done nothing to you isn't.

Oh, and the reminds me, you said you couldn't think of a way to be illogical and fair? Well how about this: A stranger or a friend is about to die. The fair thing to do would be to either choose randomly between them or let them both die, however, the logical thing to do would be to save your friend, the one you care about most. If you don't do this, you'd be illogical, but fair.

Yeah, I do suck at arguing. But anyway, I didn't go in circles. I did not use circular reasoning here. I went from one thing to another, like a chain. And ended up with: It's not reasonable because it's not fair.


All I have to do is prove how it isn't fair, right? Therefore, all I have to do is make it fit in accordance with the definition. I don't need to make you see a logical reason to adopt being nice or rather a reason for you to care about a strangers' feelings (unless me proving that it's fair would make you do that, but that's more like a side-effect, than the actual primary purpose). Because you're probably not going to. All I have to prove is how it's not reasonable of you to not care. This is something in your nature.

The default position for a psychopath is killing people for fun. He has no reason to care for people that he doesn't know because he's naturally born with no emotions such as those. He's the same as you in that respect. He sees no logical reason to care. No reason to not kill strangers because he doesn't care. He doesn't expect for people to not hate him or not kill him back. He thinks of it as perfectly fair. Yet, what he's doing is not fair at all. And any reasonable person can see this. These people have done nothing to him, the only reason he kills them is because he has no bond's with them. He just goes about his daily life; because killing is his daily life. It's nothing personal or anything. If you're in the wrong place, then oh well. If it weren't for that, he wouldn't have killed them.

This, Miburo, is a very extreme version of what you're doing. Now, don't get me wrong here, because I do make weird analogies that seem outrageous:

Everything that matters fits. You not caring, and seeing no reason to care. It being your default position, etc. The only thing that doesn't fit is that you're not hurting them on purpose. It's just like "if they happen to have they're feelings hurt, then oh well."

But the only thing that changes is that it makes you less unreasonable (other than the fact that generally killing people is a lot more worse than hurting they're feelings, I know that's a huge difference as well). The point is, just because you're a shit ton of more reasonable than a psychopath, doesn't change the fact that you're still being unreasonable like one.


Lmao, I guess so. There's a few other one's, too. I heard he turns into sonic the hedgehog in one of them.

I'd do it just because it would be fun. And on some levels, I care.

First off, I corrected myself and said you're not completely irrational and unfair. I know there's a huge difference between purposely going out and doing and just doing it as you go about your daily life, just living. Even though that's what I thought you were doing at first, it turns out it's the latter. But that doesn't change the fact that you're still breaking the principle of the matter. You're still being unfair to them, just a lot less unfair.



Very true, and an interesting notion. But the thought process here is something like this:

Killing.

Some people do it on purpose, while other's do it on accident when going about their daily lives. In this scenario you're the latter. The main similarity and principle that the former and the latter have in common is that they both don't care (for my analogy, at least). See, I don't expect you or Mal to be nice to people you don't know. That would be a lot of trouble, and it isn't like they are your friends. However, when people accidentally hurt another, they normally care, even if they are strangers. And then they say sorry, because they actually care. That's not you, from what I hear. Because you don't care, you're going to be hurting them when you go about your daily life, and then it's just "Oh fucking well, I don't give a shit, I'm not a pussy, I have no reason to care."

It's not fair for strangers to get hurt just because of that, but what makes it even more unreasonable is just the simple fact that, they're getting hurt, and you still don't care. That's just how you are in your nature. The reason why reasonable people care is because thats' just how they are in their nature. That's their default position. I told you this is an emotion thing. It's not an an objective default stance like atheism. Majority of humans aren't like you anyway, and actually do care about strangers (obviously not as much as one cares for one's friends or family). I don't know where you're getting this as an objective default stance that I have to defeat from. Your reason to not care is you don't care. Their reason to care is that they do care. It's that simple. It's both their defualt nature's. If we analyze it even further it'll just come out with both of us confused. The only reason one is more fair than the other is because one has genuine concern for the pain of other's. The pain that you intentionally or unintentionally caused. That's all. I'll admit, one's more logical while the other is more emotional, but that doesn't make it wrong objectively. What I'm saying is still a fact. Reasonable people care, unreasonable people don't. This is a fact me.

I understand that you're not going out and being a douchbag for no reason. Instead you're indirectly being mean and then not caring about it because you see no logical reason to (unless, of course, it being fair is a logical reason, but it seems more like an emotional reason to me).

I mean, come on, if you hurt someone (intentional or not) when they didn't do anything to you, isn't it only fair to care about it? Isn't it not fair not to?

And by caring, obviously that means you care about their feelings. Like a 'normal' person. Or societies' idea of normal, I wager. Not caring will eventually lead to you hurting someone. You can't escape that. They key is whether you're going to care or not when you hurt them. If you don't it isn't fair, since you're the cause of the pain, but if you do then that means you care about their feelings. That was the whole point of my first post that you responded to anyway, when you said "I'm fair, but I don't care about their feelings." The whole point was in the context of hurting them in some way.

At least answer that bolded question for me. I mean, there's nothing I can really say. I tried the formal debate thing and probably failed. I'm probably just repeating myself and it's probably just pissing you off. This is probably my final bout. If you can't understand it, I'll just have to write you off as somewhat unreasonable for this situation. I understand everything you've said so far, and have tried to comply with it. You can just write me off as a massive idiot, or whatever have you, in return.
hey...ur girlfriend. or who ever that is in ur sig is hot. kudos.
TrueUCHIHA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrueUCHIHA For This Useful Post:
Scientia (07-10-2010)
Old 07-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #44
Scientia
Francesca
 
Scientia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 313
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 207 Times in 126 Posts
Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Oh, you silly face. She's not my girl. But yeah, I know. <3 <3 <3

Did you really have to quote that whole thing? lol
__________________
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #45
Tabris
Sexy Lady
 
Tabris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in a box, out side your house, with binoculars.
Posts: 778
Thanks: 5,571
Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

WALL OF TEXT
HOLY CRAP

I DID NOT READ ONE WORD OF THAT
NOT ONE

KNOW WHY
THIS IS NOT A DEBATE

ON TO MORE IMPORTANT THINGS
AT WORK
I AM NICE TO CUSTOMERS
AND RESPECTFUL
CAUSE THEY PAY FOR ME TO WORK
UNTIL THEY ARE RUDE OR JSUT
DOUCHE BAGS IN GENERAL
THEN YOU GET NONE OF MY SMILES
OR DISCOUNTS THAT I DONT TELL YOU ABOUT
AND YOU DONT DISCOVER UNTILL YOU EXAMINE YOUR
RECIEPT AT HOME
casp

Last edited by Tabris; 07-10-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-10-2010), RNB (07-12-2010)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warning for Dac: Creating Thread in wrong section YoshiToshi Bans & Warnings 0 08-29-2007 10:08 PM
"Growing a healthy forum"... Help for some people... Freshgrease Web Development 7 08-26-2007 12:57 PM
Incest b0o Debates Section 80 08-20-2007 12:36 PM
Who hate this Forum say I Rock lee 13 Spam Zone 11 01-29-2007 03:47 PM
Forum Bug? Shak Questions & Suggestions 8 11-22-2004 11:43 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.