Jesus, not the first - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #31
Hitomare Urufu
Genin
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gone.
Posts: 67
Thanks: 15
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Hitomare Urufu is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Jesus, not the first

@1 The new testament is written from shortly after he died to the end of the life of the last living Apostle.

@#2 That's why I used Wiki.

@#3 Everything in the Bible has been translated from Greek, Hebrew, and Chaldee which to my understanding have no commas and periods. Plus you have to look at the verses before #9 aswell, what was he talking about? The gifts to the church.

@#4 Not really i just wanted to burn Obama.

@#5 Where did the NRSV come from? Last I heard they were corrupt manuscripts.

@P.S. I may be a genius but I'm a very lazy genius. Kinda like Shikamaru but not as smart as him.

I disagree with the NAB the Catholics have too many corrupt teachings.
__________________
If you don't feel like standing behind your troops feel free to stand infront of them.
Notice the different positions of Sakura and Hinata's hands on Naruto's shoulder, Sakura's is more of a friendly position while hinata's is more of a GF's possesive position IMHO

I found this helpful maybe you will to
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5496615/1/My_Naruhina_rant

Last edited by Hitomare Urufu; 12-17-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Hitomare Urufu is offline  


Old 12-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #32
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,722
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jesus, not the first

1) You're still not saying why that makes it correct. Take A Million Little Pieces, that dude made up all kinds of shit and passed it off as the truth about himself. If someone can lie about themself, what stops a person from lying about someone else?

2) You didn't use Wiki. You said yourself, essentially, "the Bible is right because the Bible says so."

3) Actually the entire chapter is about love. Verse 8 is a transitional verse:
Quote:
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
It goes from talking about love, to talking about prophesies, tongues (speaking) and knowledge about God. When the perfect God comes, our imperfect prophesies/speech/knowledge will disappear.

4) Too bad you only succeeded at making yourself look intolerant and ignorant.

5) Oh right, there's nothing for me to respond to for number 5.

6) Stop making excuses. If you want to be taken seriously, then take the discussion seriously. If you can't do that, then GTFO.


Edit: Anyone waiting for the EXCITING CONCLUSION is going to be sorely disappointed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PM from HU
I'm tired of argueing. Love is a gift to the church one of three that remain untill only love remains.
Go on believing what you want, God Bless.
Also, I can't be bothered to read all of the above, but has the original issue been settled yet? I could possibly add to it.

Last edited by Mal; 12-17-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Mal is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (12-17-2009), Vengeance (08-09-2011)
Old 12-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #33
Hitomare Urufu
Genin
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gone.
Posts: 67
Thanks: 15
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Hitomare Urufu is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Jesus, not the first

We both think we're right. You can go on and on, and I can go on and on till this is closed. But I'm getting tired and starting tomorrow my year ends busily.
So as my last post of the year... Merry Christmas, have a happy New Year, and God Bless y'all.

P.S. Awful anti-climactic ain't it?
I know when I'm not going to get somebody to see the way I do, and Mal is one of those people. And when that happens I simply shrug my shoulders and walk off because I find it too time consuming and troublesome to argue like this.
__________________
If you don't feel like standing behind your troops feel free to stand infront of them.
Notice the different positions of Sakura and Hinata's hands on Naruto's shoulder, Sakura's is more of a friendly position while hinata's is more of a GF's possesive position IMHO

I found this helpful maybe you will to
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5496615/1/My_Naruhina_rant

Last edited by Hitomare Urufu; 12-17-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Hitomare Urufu is offline  
Old 12-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #34
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jesus, not the first

You really shouldn't be posting in the DEBATE SECTION then, ImageniusjustlikeShikamarulololololol-chan.
Miburo is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-17-2009), rokudaime_hokage (12-17-2009), stubborn_d0nkey (07-19-2010), Vengeance (08-09-2011)
Old 12-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #35
Nerox
Mah'alleinir
 
Nerox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Golden Hall
Posts: 743
Thanks: 2,252
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough
Re: Jesus, not the first

lol, dude, seriously?

you just copy-pasted some stuff, say your opinion is the right one, and when you are proven wrong you simple leave with such a comment?

that quite pathetic, congrats

p.s.: i pray to odin, that you'll not fall in battle, but die pathetically of old age !
Nerox is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nerox For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-17-2009), Miburo (12-17-2009), saiyaman (03-31-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (07-19-2010), Vengeance (08-09-2011)
Old 01-04-2010, 03:45 AM   #36
Nakaichiro
Genin
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 156
Thanks: 7
Thanked 26 Times in 13 Posts
Nakaichiro is on a distinguished roadNakaichiro is on a distinguished road
Re: Jesus, not the first

@ Hitomare urufu.

Something you need to consider about having the IQ of a "genius".
1) Intelligence is your ability to understand and make sense of information given to you. However, your intelligence can be corrupted by preconceptions. You are a classic case of this. You may be intelligent but you are hampering that intelligence by not allowing equal weight to both lots of information given to you. You show a bias to religion and the bible and instead of standing on the sidelines and watching the 2 lots of information battle it out in your head. You stand in front of the bible as a body guard and bat away the counter information coming at you.

2) Your IQ does not add weight to your argument in a debate. Your IQ can affect how well you think out your argument and put it forward, which will inherently add weight to your argument. But saying:
"The bible is right because it says so in the bible"
"My understanding of all the information is right because I have a genius IQ"
Is all just pointless.
I could very easily say that these 2 points that I have put forward are more right because I too have a genius IQ, but that is pointless. I will rather allow the strength of my argument to convey my intelligence than try to state my IQ number as a bearing factor on the strength of my arguments.

I also dont care for people on the internet to know or care about my IQ level. I know people with double digit IQ's that can hold a conversation with me, and people with far higher IQ's than me that just don't have the same level of understanding as me on some topics. That is all okay, because it is life's lessons and experiences that govern how much someone can understand a topic. A lower IQ person may need more time being involved in the topic of gravitational affects on oceanic tides, but with an open mind they will eventually understand everything to do with it and be able to talk about it with any genius who also understands it.

Im getting off topic a bit here, but the basic point here is: Try to approach a topic of debate with an open mind and no preconceptions, and you may just be able to use that Genius level IQ that you claim to have, and put it to some use.

The point of a debate is not to convert people to your views and ways, religious missions and crusades are more suited to that end. If you came here with the idea that your great intellect was going to convert someone to being religious then you are greatly overestimating your own intelligence.
Nakaichiro is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nakaichiro For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-05-2010), manta (01-05-2010), Scientia (01-04-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (07-19-2010), Vengeance (08-09-2011)
Old 01-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #37
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,722
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jesus, not the first

Agreed, except for that part about crusades: They're only good for getting people pissed off at you.
Mal is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (03-30-2010), Nakaichiro (01-06-2010), saiyaman (03-31-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (07-19-2010)
Old 01-06-2010, 12:35 AM   #38
Nakaichiro
Genin
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 156
Thanks: 7
Thanked 26 Times in 13 Posts
Nakaichiro is on a distinguished roadNakaichiro is on a distinguished road
Re: Jesus, not the first

HaHa, good point. I award you this certificate of genius level IQ for your fine cognitive reasoning displayed in the above post.
Nakaichiro is offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #39
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,236
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Jesus, not the first

Interesting debate. Overall, the initial argument is a series of examples of a common myth that has been borrowed, altered and skewed - the myth of Jesus being such a birth is often boiled down to a mistranslation or a bit of inspired writing to gain people's attention. To date, all the "evidence" for this being the case came after his death, so I am inclined to be very skeptical. That AND my extensive biology background providing evidence that it is impossible. Jesus sort of precedes in vitro fertilization.

There were a few other points here that I feel the need to address as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumi View Post
lol not really. Christianity was founded after its founder, Jesus Christ. and pagans have no religion, that's the reason they were called pagans. but to be fair, it is true that many Christians follow some traditions of pagans.
That's a very narrow definition of religion you have. Generally, religion is a series of beliefs, customs and morals that define humanity's place int he universe. Pagans had loads of those - they just tended to worship many gods and nature rather than one. Christians called a lot of people pagans, despite differences in their beliefs. It was just a term for "those who don't believe as we do." Much like European Settlers called Native Americans "savages."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Chronicles View Post
Christianity is derived from Judiasm, because Jesus was the "king of jews". And since christianity is supposed to be the following of the path/life Jesus lived, It would be resonable to say christians are supposed to pretty much do everything the jews do except they believe that Jesus is Gods son and The Savior. So saying that Christianity takes from other religions is a lie. Christianity is born from Judiasm and since Judism/Hebrew is the First religion to believe in One God (Monotheism), you can pretty much say that it's one and only influence is Original and One of a Kind.
Not quite true. Another attempt at monotheism was undertaken by the Pharoh Akhenaten, who banned all worship other than to the sun god Aten. It didn't work and his successor, Tutankhamen, reversed this ruling and Egypt reverted to polytheism. I mention this not to be a jerk, but rather to bring up the theory that both Atenism and Judaism, though dates are disputed, arose quite close to each other and along with many other Egyptian influences on Judaism, it is thought that there was some major influence from the brief worship of Aten. This serves as a root for all monotheisms of today, which are remarkably similar. It also demonstrates the flexibility of religion in adopting other ideas and molding to necessary states to gain purchase in the minds of the masses.

Which brings me to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitomare Urufu View Post
I hate it when people say the Bible is incomplete, It is complete.
The bible is complete in one sense; in another sense, it is a haphazardly cobbling of ancient and "recent" texts designed to suit the type of morals, views and directions of a select few who wanted to propagate the Christian religion. The old testament borrows from Judaism, Paganism and goodness knows how many other stories, legends and myths. The new testament is a hand picking of any number of religious writings of the time. The classic example are the Gospels. Ever wonder why there are four? Well there aren't - there are many: other apostles (including Judas), various unknown sources of the time, Jesus and, although in debate, Mary Magdeline. Why a religion based on Jesus Christ's teachings would leave out any account of his life, including his own, is unfathomable.

Or, it is a case of a certain picture of what the religious leaders wanted at the time. Thusly, the bible can be considered complete, but more correctly as "selectively complete". It isn't a historical text because it was willfully piecemeal-ed together.

Add on the rest of the translations problems (one of which you pointed out yourself) and you have a historically flawed document that cannot be considered true. It can still be used to teach morals and ethics and is by no means an unimportant book (despite my belief that humanity could write a better text in a heartbeat), but it isn't not true.
ACt is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (07-19-2010)
Old 04-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #40
Ero-Sage
Perverted Hermit
 
Ero-Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 884
Thanks: 1,239
Thanked 379 Times in 215 Posts
Ero-Sage will become famous soon enoughEro-Sage will become famous soon enoughEro-Sage will become famous soon enough
Re: Jesus, not the first

I read the op only and not sure where the dabate has gone since then but for anybody interested in a reason why Jesus, Horus, Christians, pagans etc. all have seemingly shared histories this video is the best explanation i've seen to date. I recommend it highly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbPp-orGJMk
Ero-Sage is offline  
Old 07-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #41
Lalalila
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moon
Posts: 1,748
Thanks: 365
Thanked 1,101 Times in 752 Posts
Lalalila will become famous soon enoughLalalila will become famous soon enough
Re: Jesus, not the first

There's no date of Jesus birth day in the Bible, the date was stated by Latin Church and it's bull shit.
Lalalila is offline  
Old 07-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #42
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,688
Thanks: 4,758
Thanked 8,708 Times in 3,840 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Jesus, not the first

Wait, you necro'd a thread that hadn't been touched in 3 and a half months about a man from a fairy tale's birth being compared to the births of other men in fairy tales dating several centuries before the Julian Calendar system was created?
kael03 is offline  
Old 07-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #43
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumi View Post
lol not really. Christianity was founded after its founder, Jesus Christ. and pagans have no religion, that's the reason they were called pagans. but to be fair, it is true that many Christians follow some traditions of pagans.
Quote:
Paganism (from Latin paganus, meaning "country dweller", "rustic") is a blanket term used to refer to various polytheistic, non-Abrahamic religious traditions. Its exact definition may vary.
From wikipedia, but still, you get the gist of it

P.S. My 1500th post! (official post of course, I already passed 1500 once before :P)

feel honored azumi, that this post is a reply to you. lol
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems

Last edited by stubborn_d0nkey; 07-19-2010 at 07:23 AM.
stubborn_d0nkey is offline  
Old 07-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #44
Lalalila
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moon
Posts: 1,748
Thanks: 365
Thanked 1,101 Times in 752 Posts
Lalalila will become famous soon enoughLalalila will become famous soon enough
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Wait, you necro'd a thread that hadn't been touched in 3 and a half months about a man from a fairy tale's birth being compared to the births of other men in fairy tales dating several centuries before the Julian Calendar system was created?
yup... but it might be fairy tale for you not for others.
Lalalila is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 07:01 AM   #45
zensc
Academy Student
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
zensc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostShade View Post
Many say that Christianity has copied a lot of the Pagan's religions, so I'm not surprised about this.Thanks for the information.
Yeah that is correct! That happened just after they slaughtered all the pagans in their gods name. They quickly adapted few stories from their gods, as christian religion was brand new.
For me, religion is a tool of mass manipulation, nothing more.
__________________
My free poker money site.
zensc is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.