Obama Strongly Backs Islam Center Near 9/11 Site - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #16
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Obama Strongly Backs Islam Center Near 9/11 Site

Why build that mosque there? Why biuld it at all? Are the 200 other mosques (in Manhattan alone) no sufficient enough to meet the needs of the people. This "outreach center" they plan is hardly that. It a 17 story mosque. This is definitely meant as a slap in the face to americans.

What's more a Eastern Orthodox Church just across the street from the world trade centers, were denied permission to rebuild. How is this fair? You mean that a church that was already there can't rebuild, but a brand new church can be built. This reeks of hypocrisy.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2010, 05:40 AM   #17
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

Mosque's are not like churches, they are built more per square mile, per person, whateva.

Also, do you know the full story behind the church? Was it denied because it is a religious object or because of something else? If it was denied because it is a religious object then it is hypocrisy. But I strongly doubt it. If it was denied for any other reason then by no means is it hypocrisy.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #18
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
Also, do you know the full story behind the church? Was it denied because it is a religious object or because of something else? If it was denied because it is a religious object then it is hypocrisy. But I strongly doubt it. If it was denied for any other reason then by no means is it hypocrisy.
From the second comment on the linked page:

Quote:
Probably because the Church does not own the land it was located on the Port Authority does. On the other hand, the Muslims own the property where the Mosque would go.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Emissary of Justice (09-15-2010), Miburo (08-19-2010)
Old 08-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #19
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

I read that. It proves my point.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
Old 08-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #20
Horurinjiru Iyasu
Academy Student

Horurinjiru Iyasu has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Still doesn't seem right. Even if it were for something else, 9/11 was too huge to ignore. The ones who caused 9/11 were Muslims. I'm not against Muslims in any way, but because of them particularly, it should not be allowed at all. And like Ask said, it could be built anywhere else. I agree, it's a huge slap in the face to America.
Horurinjiru Iyasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #21
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

This is America. Freedom, mother fuckers. It'd be a huge slap in the face to MANLY America if we just denied some people the freedom to build shit on land that they own just because there are a bunch of irrational crybabies crying about it, solely because they're stupid.

Freedom > Crying like a bunch of bitches. At least it should be in mother fucking America.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Emissary of Justice (09-15-2010), ninjalostboy95 (08-19-2010), RNB (08-20-2010), Servo (08-21-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (08-19-2010)
Old 08-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #22
Horurinjiru Iyasu
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
This is America. Freedom, mother fuckers. It'd be a huge slap in the face to MANLY America if we just denied some people the freedom to build shit on land that they own just because there are a bunch of irrational crybabies crying about it, solely because they're stupid.

Freedom > Crying like a bunch of bitches. At least it should be in mother fucking America.
I love how you were never a part of this thread till just now.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #23
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

I support freedom of religion (or lack of it) as a fundamental right in America. I don't think anyone is mad that people are building mosques in new york or that people are worshiping Islam. Well there will always be some fringe groups out there that might believe that.

The key issue is the reason behind building it at that location. They claim it for "cultural outreach", but I call BS on that. Why don't these Imams allow other religions to build churches/cathedrals/synagogues in these predominately Islamic countries. That would be fair wouldn't it, but it would never happen. Even if it did, people would be to damn scared for their lives to enter those churches, due to death threats or other repercussions against them.

The head Imam has openly said he favors imposing Sharia law in America (where women are treated as second class citizens), which is in direct conflict with the constitution. You can just look to Europe as an example of this. In Britain they already have 5 Sharia courts, that have been set up since 2007. If your a muslim you get tried in these courts using different laws, and judicial procedures then a non-muslim. Is this really OK. Does anybody really want this in america? There was once a time when blacks were considered 2nd rate citizens, and women lacked rights. Doing the same shit again and wrapping the banner of religious freedom around it, doesn't make it right. Our culture will progress backwards, if we let that happen.

Last edited by ask me anything; 08-19-2010 at 07:32 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Horurinjiru Iyasu (08-19-2010), Human Rasengan (08-20-2010)
Old 08-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #24
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

^There is a massive difference between allowing people to build shit on their property, and invoking some crazy arab theocracy or whatever the fuck you're going on about. The former shit doesn't in any way need to lead to the latter shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horurinjiru Iyasu View Post
I love how you were never a part of this thread till just now.
Why?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-20-2010), Emissary of Justice (09-16-2010), ninjalostboy95 (08-19-2010), RNB (08-20-2010), Servo (08-21-2010), Spiegel (08-19-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (08-19-2010)
Old 08-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #25
Horurinjiru Iyasu
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
^There is a massive difference between allowing people to build shit on their property, and invoking some crazy arab theocracy or whatever the fuck you're going on about. The former shit doesn't in any way need to lead to the latter shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
I support freedom of religion (or lack of it) as a fundamental right in America. I don't think anyone is mad that people are building mosques in new york or that people are worshiping Islam. Well there will always be some fringe groups out there that might believe that.

The key issue is the reason behind building it at that location. They claim it for "cultural outreach", but I call BS on that. Why don't these Imams allow other religions to build churches/cathedrals/synagogues in these predominately Islamic countries. That would be fair wouldn't it, but it would never happen. Even if it did, people would be to damn scared for their lives to enter those churches, due to death threats or other repercussions against them.

The head Imam has openly said he favors imposing Sharia law in America (where women are treated as second class citizens), which is in direct conflict with the constitution. You can just look to Europe as an example of this. In Britain they already have 5 Sharia courts, that have been set up since 2007. If your a muslim you get tried in these courts using different laws, and judicial procedures then a non-muslim. Is this really OK. Does anybody really want this in america? There was once a time when blacks were considered 2nd rate citizens, and women lacked rights. Doing the same shit again and wrapping the banner of religious freedom around it, doesn't make it right. Our culture will progress backwards, if we let that happen.
Ask me anything is correct. What's worse is that imposing this law has caused warfare before. One example is the Second Sudanese Civil War during the Cold War between the US and Soviet Union back in the 70s and 80s, a continuation of the First Civil War back in 1955. This war was started because of the Sharia Law attempting to work it's way into Sudan's government. It has only just recently come to a peace agreement in January 2005. There's several ways that the Sharia Law could cause warfare in the US. One of the worst is Obama, or whichever other president we would have at the time, allowing it, and another group, being outraged, seperates from our current government, and thus starting the second Civil War in the US. If you ever really pay attention to the religious wars of the world, you'll notice that most of them are from the Muslim religion trying to plant their laws/ways into current society. I have nothing against Muslims as a whole either, but for any of them that want to plant their entire religion into all of society, they can go to Hell. No one religion should be above all. And no one race, or sex should be above the other. Period.

Last edited by Horurinjiru Iyasu; 08-19-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #26
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Quote:
Ask me anything is correct. What's worse is that imposing this law has caused warfare before. One example is the Second Sudanese Civil War during the Cold War between the US and Soviet Union back in the 70s and 80s, a continuation of the First Civil War back in 1955. This war was started because of the Sharia Law attempting to work it's way into Sudan's government. It has only just recently come to a peace agreement in January 2005. There's several ways that the Sharia Law could cause warfare in the US. One of the worst is Obama, or whichever other president we would have at the time, allowing it, and another group, being outraged, seperates from our current government, and thus starting the second Civil War in the US. If you ever really pay attention to the religious wars of the world, you'll notice that most of them are from the Muslim religion trying to plant their laws/ways into current society. I have nothing against Muslims as a whole either, but for any of them that want to plant their entire religion into all of society, they can go to Hell. No one religion should be above all. And no one race, or sex should be above the other. Period.
Except...building a durka durka church =/= IMPLANTING TEH ENTIRE RELIGION INTO ALL OF SOCIETY DURR. At all.

No one is saying "Fuck yeah, muslim take over of the entire country lololol." They're saying "Uh, freedom of religion. Go ahead and build your little muslim church thinger. Whatever."

Quite the slippery slope fallacy you got going, champ.

Protip: That means your argument is stupid.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-20-2010), Darth-Nero (08-19-2010), kael03 (08-20-2010), Mal (08-20-2010), RNB (08-20-2010), Servo (08-21-2010), Spiegel (08-19-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (08-19-2010)
Old 08-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #27
Horurinjiru Iyasu
Academy Student

No. You're obviously ignorant to what we're talking about. Along with the mosque, they're attempting to implant the Sharia Law, which like ask me anything said, makes women second class citizens, completely taking away respect for women, and risks throwing our country into war. So yes, someone did say "Fuck yeah, muslim take over the entire country lololol.", and that was the head of Imam. Please actually read something instead of making yourself look like an ass.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #28
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Quote:
No. You're obviously ignorant to what we're talking about. Along with the mosque, they're attempting to implant the Sharia Law, which like ask me anything said, makes women second class citizens, completely taking away respect for women, and risks throwing our country into war. So yes, someone did say "Fuck yeah, muslim take over the entire country lololol.", and that was the head of Imam. Please actually read something instead of making yourself look like an ass.
Okay, killer. Link me to where someone said that putting in this durka church is a declaration of some attempt to "implant" some durka law into all of american society. Give me some proof to back up this claim of yours.

I won't hold my breath.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
kael03 (08-20-2010), ninjalostboy95 (08-19-2010), RNB (08-20-2010), Servo (08-21-2010), stubborn_d0nkey (08-19-2010)
Old 08-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #29
Horurinjiru Iyasu
Academy Student

http://politicalpistachio.blogspot.c...ed-states.html

There you go.

And Here's some more if that doesn't satisfy you. The third one's pretty interesting, although, I myself haven't finished the video:

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/03/ob...ited-stat.html
http://www.danielpipes.org/2100/the-...tes-of-america
http://pumabydesign001.wordpress.com...es-of-america/

Last edited by Horurinjiru Iyasu; 08-19-2010 at 10:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Horurinjiru Iyasu For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (08-20-2010)
Old 08-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #30
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

CAN YOU READ!!!

no, really,

CAN YOU READ!

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote:

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

Quote:
this is a quote

Quote:

4. Breaking up a quote

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
my reply 4

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

My reply 1
my reply 2
my reply 3
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
my reply 2
Quote:
my reply 3
Quote:
my reply 4

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
kael03 (08-20-2010), Miburo (08-19-2010), ninjalostboy95 (08-19-2010), RNB (08-20-2010), Servo (08-21-2010)