Naruto's Homosexuality - Page 89 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #1321
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis
 
Tzu Men's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 713
Thanks: 4,008
Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTro View Post
ok ninjaboi, lets go with what your saying, then i hope you realize it can go both ways, all tzu man did was observe different situations in the story and use his observation as evidence...his personal opinion or how you so eloquently put it, point of view. Their is no concrete evidence that proves without reasonable doubt that Naruto is gay...its all assumptions

and since you wanna ride the culture aspect, the author is Japanese, he wrote and intended the Manga aka Japanese Comic for the Japanese/Asian market...Therefore we should follow the series as the culture it was based for
I'm sorry but I am pretty well versed in Japanese culture, at least regarding the period of Sengoku Jidai that Naruto borrows heavily from in its influences.

For example, Naruto and Sasuke's relationship is very similar to famous rivalries such as those between Uesugi Kenshin and Takeda Shingen, or Tokugawa Ieyasu and Toyotomi Hideyoshi. Both duos treated one another with immense respect comparable to Richard I and Saladin in the West, but at the same time they didn't have such personal and close relationships as Naruto and Sasuke are constantly being stressed to have. Shingen fell into a depression when Kenshin died and he felt he had certain duties in honour of his rival, but he didn't spend his entire career pursuing him. They had other shit to do than obsess over one another unlike Naruto.

Ieyasu and Hideyoshi respected one another as rivals as well, and Ieyasu swore to protect Hideyoshi's heir before he died - but as soon as it got in the way of his own ambitions he murdered the guy's kid. Naruto and Sasuke are completely sentimental in comparison. True it's a shonen manga, but it's not like the Japanese daimyos from which story takes influence from were big enough dicks or too barbaric for them not to easily be adapted into teen heroes. Gai and Kisame, Rock Lee and Sasuke, and the Three Sannin are all good examples of rivalries in Naruto that aren't so overly emotional or homoerotic. Kishimoto has proven that he can make normal rivalries that are important to characters emotionally but only with Naruto and Sasuke does he go overboard with their hearts, destiny, and longing as if they are star-crossed lovers.

Anyway my point is that plenty of the users on this site are aware of Japanese culture, and aren't necessarily misinterpreting big aspects of the story like Naruto and Sasuke's relationship. We might have differing opinions but it's not because we are ignorant.

Also of course I'm presenting a viewpoint. If I'm wrong you should be able to break apart my argument using evidence and by criticising my reasoning - just calling my argument an opinion doesn't undermine it. That's just putting opinion up against opinion.

Edit:
Oh and also just as a shoutout - just use the links as chapter/page references on the original post now since OneManga has taken down the manga on their site.

Last edited by Tzu Men; 09-13-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
ACt (09-13-2010), Mal (09-13-2010), Miburo (10-13-2010), ninjalostboy95 (09-17-2010), Numinous (09-14-2010), Scientia (09-19-2010), Varian128 (09-19-2010)


Old 09-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #1322
capsule56
Academy Student
 
capsule56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mystery-Village
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
capsule56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

It's not illogical. Probably the biggest piece of evidence for me was the phallic symbol.
__________________
"I'm the man whose gonna be the Pirate King!."
ALSO ANTI-SASUKE
capsule56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:11 AM   #1323
gringie
my ninja way!
 
gringie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near the welfare building
Posts: 530
Thanks: 94
Thanked 87 Times in 73 Posts
gringie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

if naruto's gay then that makes kishi also....point blank, we're reading gay Japanese manga and hooked on it so much people make theories
__________________

I'll toss your baby with an explosive seal tag on it!!!

Last edited by gringie; 09-18-2010 at 01:12 AM.
gringie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:14 AM   #1324
capsule56
Academy Student
 
capsule56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mystery-Village
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
capsule56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Don't change the fact that it's a bad ass manga. I highly doubt Kishi would end it with Naru/Sasu-gay love though.
__________________
"I'm the man whose gonna be the Pirate King!."
ALSO ANTI-SASUKE
capsule56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:36 AM   #1325
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point
 
ninjalostboy95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY, Far Rockaway(currently)
Age: 18
Posts: 5,949
Thanks: 8,419
Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTro View Post
lets go with what your saying, then i hope you realize it can go both ways, all tzu man did was observe different situations in the story and use his observation as evidence...his personal opinion or how you so eloquently put it, point of view. Their is no concrete evidence that proves without reasonable doubt that Naruto is gay.
It's a THEORY.

did I say it was definite? I said it's plausible.

He already addressed the Japanese culture part.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:07 AM   #1326
gringie
my ninja way!
 
gringie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near the welfare building
Posts: 530
Thanks: 94
Thanked 87 Times in 73 Posts
gringie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringie View Post
if naruto's gay then that makes kishi also....point blank, we're reading gay Japanese manga and hooked on it so much people make theories
..................
__________________

I'll toss your baby with an explosive seal tag on it!!!
gringie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #1327
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringie
if naruto's gay then that makes kishi also....point blank, we're reading gay Japanese manga and hooked on it so much people make theories
..................
So you reaction is basically:



Are you so disgusted at yourself for reading a manga with a potential yaoi pairing? Wasn't chapter 3 enough clue of what ship you were sailing with?
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3








Last edited by Numinous; 09-18-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #1328
Sensei-Q
✪✪✪✪✪
 
Sensei-Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mijdrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands.
Posts: 4,329
Thanks: 5,373
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,726 Posts
Sensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura about
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

I've read this somewhere before, lol
__________________
The sky is falling, the world is ending. But hey, at least the stars look good on your dress?
Sensei-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #1329
gringie
my ninja way!
 
gringie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near the welfare building
Posts: 530
Thanks: 94
Thanked 87 Times in 73 Posts
gringie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringie View Post
if naruto's gay then that makes kishi also....point blank, we're reading gay Japanese manga and hooked on it so much people make theories
...............
__________________

I'll toss your baby with an explosive seal tag on it!!!
gringie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #1330
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις
 
KillerNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa,Florida
Posts: 2,083
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Numinous - Not "unclean", but to be honest if I knew the manga was about some fags from the get-go I might not have even picked it up. I wouldn't have wanted to read a yaoi based manga. I'm not anti-homosexual, I just don't want to read that shit. Get what I'm saying? Now that I'm already into it, I could give a fuck.
__________________
Call me out on my stupid shit, and I'll return the favor.
If you leave me rep, put your name so I can rep you back.
The Cap'n

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #1331
gringie
my ninja way!
 
gringie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near the welfare building
Posts: 530
Thanks: 94
Thanked 87 Times in 73 Posts
gringie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

u know what's homo? wearing tight pants and having them sag off your but with big ass shoes
__________________

I'll toss your baby with an explosive seal tag on it!!!
gringie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #1332
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNN View Post
Numinous - Not "unclean", but to be honest if I knew the manga was about some fags from the get-go I might not have even picked it up. I wouldn't have wanted to read a yaoi based manga. I'm not anti-homosexual, I just don't want to read that shit. Get what I'm saying?
Between not reading because of yaoi pairings and not reading because of disgraceful plot, I'd avoid Naruto faster with the latter. But it's like you say.

Quote:
Now that I'm already into it, I could give a fuck.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (09-18-2010)
Old 09-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #1333
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,758
Thanked 8,716 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNN View Post
Now that I'm already into it, I could give a fuck.
500+ chapters... might as well see it to the end, lol
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
KillerNN (09-18-2010), Numinous (09-18-2010)
Old 09-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #1334
capsule56
Academy Student
 
capsule56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mystery-Village
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
capsule56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNN View Post
Exactly. I would never purposely pick up a yaoi unless multiple people said it was possibly the best manga out. Naruto, is one of the worst plotted manga out.
I don't think it has an AWFUL plot. It's not the best, but if you ask me, it definitely holds its own on the grounds of long term anime's. OP is better.
__________________
"I'm the man whose gonna be the Pirate King!."
ALSO ANTI-SASUKE
capsule56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #1335
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις
 
KillerNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa,Florida
Posts: 2,083
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about
Re: Naruto's Homosexuality

One Piece is better than any Shounen.
__________________
Call me out on my stupid shit, and I'll return the favor.
If you leave me rep, put your name so I can rep you back.
The Cap'n

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
naruto's fate Grimmjow Naruto Manga 30 02-15-2010 07:16 PM
Naruto's Parents Naruto Uzumaki 12 Hall of Fail 6 01-11-2008 05:23 PM
Naruto's Key to Power The Special One Naruto Manga 14 12-18-2007 04:06 PM
Naruto's new jutsu: Adding wind element to rasengan. <DaNTe> Naruto Manga 94 09-19-2006 04:56 PM
Do you think that the forth Hokage is Naruto's Father? Black_Kyuubi Naruto Anime 94 02-10-2005 08:11 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.